IntroductionFrom the manufacturer Zalman:
|Dissipation Area||1200 cm²|
|Weight||325 g + 75 g for OP-1 addon|
|Material||Heatsink is Aluminum|
Heatpipe is made from Gold plated copper.
|Rated Fan Speeds of OP-1 addon||1400 / 2800 RPM|
|Addon Fan noise||20 dB / 33 dB|
All cards that have mounting holes:
Northbridge cooler must be less than 25mm tall if within 5.5mm of the AGP slot.
Interferes with some CPU coolers if they are within 35mm of the AGP slot and have a big footprint (CNPS7000 for example)
- Front side and back side heatsink
- One bag of assembly parts: Four plate link nipples, Four bolts, Four bolts, Two nuts, Two rubber rings, Two nipples, Thermal paste.
- One bag of spare parts: Two bolts, Two bolts, Two bolts, Two nuts, Two rubber rings, Thermal paste.
- Front side and back side base assembly for GeForce4 Ti based cards (mounting holes wide apart)
- Front side and back side base assembly for most other cards.
- Zalman sticker
The (sold seperately) fan addon option package ZM-OP1 adds the following:
- Slim 80mm fan - 15mm high
- Fan Grill
- Two fan bolts
- Two fan screws
- Two fan nipples
- Multi-connector with two outputs for 12V and 5V each.
InstallationInstallation takes about 30-45 minutes and is not that easy. Please read the instructions from start to finish before starting the assembly and make sure you understand exactly where all parts are going, as they are easy to confuse.
The cooler's design, which moves heat through the heatpipe to the rear heatsink, requires that the VGA card is either installed with the backside facing up or the AGP slot towards the bottom of the card.
The optional Fan ZM-OP1 is easily mounted by sliding it into the groove on the backside heatsink.
You can swap out the fan for another model, but you must use a slim (15mm) fan unless you use longer screws to mount it which are not included.
If you want to use ramsinks you will have to find ones that are less than 13.5mm high for the frontside, and 5.5mm for the backside, which probably means no ramsinks on the backside.