Thursday, January 3rd 2013

Razer Unveils the Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the release of the Razer Orbweaver, a customizable, mechanical gaming keypad designed with tournament-grade controls, ergonomics and full customizability.

Building on the huge success of its predecessor, the Razer Nostromo, the Razer Orbweaver lets gamers bind an infinite number of controls to 20 mechanical keys and a programmable eight-way directional thumb-pad. Only 50 g of force is required to trigger each key, ensuring that commands are executed as fast as users' fingers can act—and faster than the enemy can react. The thumb-pad can be used for movement or as a modifier for endless combinations. Armed with the Razer Orbweaver, gamers will be able to rapidly fire a vast number of spells, macros and abilities at their helpless foes, and they'll be able to do so with hyper-responsive speed and efficiency.


In addition to its inherent technical merits, the Razer Orbweaver also delivers comfort over extended hours of play with its adjustable rests modules for the thumb, palm and wrist. Each of these parts can be slid back and forth or tilted to suit any hand curvature or size, allowing every gamer to customize a perfect fit.

"The Razer Orbweaver is the ultimate gauntlet of game control," said Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "The feeling of having every command at hand to destroy the competition in so many different ways is just sublime, and the tactile feedback and fast key actuation from the mechanical key architecture gives you a feeling of satisfaction and an added edge in the games you play."

About the Razer Orbweaver mechanical gaming keypad
Get complete control with the Razer Orbweaver gaming keypad, featuring 20 mechanical keys and a programmable eight-way thumb-pad. You can bind an infinite number of commands to these keys that can then be rapidly actuated for the ultimate competitive advantage in combat. The Razer Orbweaver is also designed to deliver absolute comfort during extended play with adjustable thumb, palm, and wrist rest modules that fit perfectly to your hand.

This is the gaming keypad you want on hand to help you win every game you play.

Price: USD $129.99

Availability:
Razerzone.com – Order Now
Worldwide – Q1 2013

Product features:


● Full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force
● 20 fully programmable keys
● Adjustable thumb, palm and wrist rest modules for maximum comfort
● Programmable eight-way directional thumb-pad
● Razer Synapse 2.0-enabled
● Instantaneous switching between eight key maps
● Unlimited macro lengths
● Stores unlimited gaming profiles
● Backlit keypad for total control even in dark conditions

Approximate size & weight:

Width 154 mm / 6.06 in.
Length 214 mm / 7.95 in.
Depth 55 mm / 2.17 in.
Weight 300 g / 0.661 lbs.

For more information about the Razer Orbweaver, please visit www.razerzone.com/orbweaver.
Add your own comment

18 Comments on Razer Unveils the Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad

#2
Volkszorn88
Razer is the Activision of the pc peripherals. Just taking the same old product and re-hashing it as something new. And of course charging top dollar for it.
Posted on Reply
#4
Tazmanyak
Why is it always as expensive ...

Oh!
I know,
Just because ppl buy at that price ^^

I like gaming pads, and this one seems quite cool ... but razer drivers and software use to be extremely bad for their mouses and keyboards, i still use microsoft drivers for my lachesis. no bsod with this one :D
Posted on Reply
#5
Batou1986
OH BOY they re re re made the n52 again with mechanical keys this time.
I really want to know what world razer lives in, the g13 is better in every conceivable way and has an LCD screen and only costs $65.
Posted on Reply
#6
3870x2
I have never known anyone to use one of these. Why do they think there is such a large market for these?
Posted on Reply
#7
naraku
I wonder if Logitech is going to release a mech version of the g13 too. :D
Posted on Reply
#8
badtaylorx
Volkszorn88 said:
Razer is the Activision of the pc peripherals. Just taking the same old product and re-hashing it as something new. And of course charging top dollar for it.
how is this a re-hash...i have the old nostromo.....

and the new one looks much nicer....cherry switches....and if the improve on the analog stick, im sold
Posted on Reply
#9
Animalpak
This type of peripherals are perfect for gamers like me who dont like big ass black illuminated noisy keyboards with 500 keys that i will never use.

I had the first n52te was branded BELKIN i use it to the death works perfect for me without issues.

Then i buy the refreshed Nostromo this time fully branded by Razer and is alot better than the Belkin.

I like this one i will consider it in future.
Posted on Reply
#10
3870x2
Animalpak said:
This type of peripherals are perfect for gamers like me who dont like big ass black illuminated noisy keyboards with 500 keys that i will never use.

I had the first n52te was branded BELKIN i use it to the death works perfect for me without issues.

Then i buy the refreshed Nostromo this time fully branded by Razer and is alot better than the Belkin.

I like this one i will consider it in future.
Do you use these for FPS or MMO?
Posted on Reply
#11
Fourstaff
Batou1986 said:
OH BOY they re re re made the n52 again with mechanical keys this time.
I really want to know what world razer lives in, the g13 is better in every conceivable way and has an LCD screen and only costs $65.
3870x2 said:
I have never known anyone to use one of these. Why do they think there is such a large market for these?
Tada! Answers everywhere in the thread. Specialist product for special price, you can still get the Nostromo for less than G13 if you don't need the screen. This mechanical option is probably going to sit on top of the current Nostromo, for people who prefer mechanical switches.
Posted on Reply
#12
diopter
I absoultely love my G13 and it enables extended play sessions in a way that my G15 never could. On the G15 I can play for about half an hour before getting pain in my hand. I use the G13 for my FPS and RPG games. My main criticism is that the two wedge shaped keys near your thumb are pretty useless due to the angle you need to bend your thumb to get to them and the fact that they are way too hard to press. I also find the thumbstick pretty useless, as that is quite stiff too, which means you can't get very fine control when looking around a cockpit in a flight sim for example. I think this orbweaver looks like a good product from the point of view of adjustability and the better placement of the thumb controls, but I would miss the screen as I like to know what my GPU is doing while gaming. I would probably also miss the slightly wider keys of the G13 around it's periphery. I find the different shapes help you press the right one in the heat of battle.
Posted on Reply
#13
k0rbein
doesnt look comfortable when reaching (spacebar) thumb button..
Posted on Reply
#14
Animalpak
3870x2 said:
Do you use these for FPS or MMO?
For FPS only !
Posted on Reply
#15
3870x2
Fourstaff said:
Tada! Answers everywhere in the thread. Specialist product for special price, you can still get the Nostromo for less than G13 if you don't need the screen. This mechanical option is probably going to sit on top of the current Nostromo, for people who prefer mechanical switches.
You might be confused.

I still don't know them.
Posted on Reply
#16
Fourstaff
3870x2 said:
I have never known anyone to use one of these. Why do they think there is such a large market for these?
Market for them is pretty narrow, hence the inflated price to protect margin.
Posted on Reply
#17
3870x2
Fourstaff said:
Market for them is pretty narrow, hence the inflated price to protect margin.
I meant to say that I don't know anyone personally beforehand.

I have thought about picking something like this up, but I don't see any reason not to use a keyboard.

The price is quite expensive, but I think it is the only mechanical device of its type.
Posted on Reply
#18
Fourstaff
3870x2 said:
I meant to say that I don't know anyone personally beforehand.

I have thought about picking something like this up, but I don't see any reason not to use a keyboard.

The price is quite expensive, but I think it is the only mechanical device of its type.
Was trying to answer the second bit ("Why do they think there is such a large market for these?"). Market is indeed small and they know it.

This is one of those things which you will have to pick it up and experiment with it before getting to know whether they are good for you or not. No one can tell you about your ergonomics.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment