Wednesday, February 7th 2018

Raidmax Intros the Gama Mid-tower Chassis

Raidmax today introduced the Gama ATX mid-tower chassis (not to be confused with the NZXT Gamma). The case is characterized by a glossy and bulbous front-top section made of ABS plastic, which comes in four colors - white, piano-black, bright-green, and orange. Contrasting it are matte-black vertical slats. The left side-panel is dominated by a 4 mm-thick tinted tempered-glass panel.

Inside, you'll find a horizontally-partitioned layout, with the top compartment housing the motherboard tray, while the bottom one, which is enclosed from one side, holds the PSU and a couple of 3.5-inch drive bays. Two additional 2.5-inch drives can be mounted behind the motherboard tray. Cooling system includes either three 120 mm or two 140 mm front intakes, either three 120 mm or two 140 mm top exhausts, and a 120 mm rear exhaust. Front panel connectivity is basic, with two USB 3.0 ports (standard header) and HDA jacks. The company didn't reveal pricing.
Add your own comment

9 Comments on Raidmax Intros the Gama Mid-tower Chassis

#1
dj-electric
I have several questions...

like... why use an LGA775 system for demo in 2018
Why a cheap LGA775 one while at it? At least they got a relatively new, geforce GTX 700 series card there :laugh:

I know Raidmax is mostly El-Cheapo case company, and i can hear the plastic squick from those pictures alone, but damn...
Sometimes I feel like bta is picking those PRs just to get these reactions out of us.
Posted on Reply
#2
Valantar
Whoa, Nelly. That is one ugly case. It's like a love letter to Alienware ca. 2012, as imagined and drawn by someone barely competent at drawing. No. Thank. You.

dj-electric said:
I have several questions...

like... why use an LGA775 system for demo in 2018
Why a cheap LGA775 one while at it? At least they got a relatively new, geforce GTX 700 series card there :laugh:

I know Raidmax is mostly El-Cheapo case company, and i can hear the plastic squick from those pictures alone, but damn...
Sometimes I feel like bta is picking those PRs just to get these reactions out of us.
Those are all excellent questions. I suppose they used what they had lying around? Still an odd combination, for sure. Love how they're showing off those legacy PCI slots, though.
Posted on Reply
#3
dj-electric
Valantar said:
That is one ugly case. It's like a love letter to Alienware ca. 2012,
Fun fact. Alienware in-fact did use Raidmax cases for some of their computers in that era.
Posted on Reply
#4
_JP_
First thing that came to mind was ASUS Vento series...ca. 2006
Posted on Reply
#5
ZeppMan217
A simple case made ugly by unnecessary plastic crap covering it top to bottom.
Posted on Reply
#6
lexluthermiester
dj-electric said:
like... why use an LGA775 system for demo in 2018
Why a cheap LGA775 one while at it? At least they got a relatively new, Geforce GTX 700 series card there :laugh:
They're showing off the case, not the hardware inside it. The hardware is there only to provide a reference for sizing and fit.
dj-electric said:
Fun fact. Alienware in-fact did use Raidmax cases for some of their computers in that era.
_JP_ said:
First thing that came to mind was ASUS Vento series...ca. 2006
My first thought was that these looked "Alienware-ish" to me too.
Posted on Reply
#7
bonehead123
yuk...
fuggggly....
cheapocrapturd.....
Posted on Reply
#8
ensabrenoir
.....compute the rainbow!! (you'd have to see an American skittles commercial to get it)
Posted on Reply
#9
EarthDog
Raidmax... PSU start fires... cases burn retinas.... LOLOLOLOL
Posted on Reply