Friday, December 7th 2007
While Microsoft is putting their PR people to work showing the superiority of Vista to XP, Microsoft Watch is doing their part in educating the public on the other side of things. According to Microsoft Watch, you should not be listening to Microsoft, and know that Vista didn't too very well this year. Here are their reasons why, in order from most to least important. Please follow the source link for the reasons in greater detail.
- Windows XP stayed in the market too long; everything was built for XP and not ready for Vista.
- No compelling reason to upgrade from XP
- User Interface changes made Vista seem overly complex
- Bad timing; most sales occur between Thanksgiving and Christmas of any given year
- Too many people were in charge of designing Vista
- People were not ready for Vista
- Advertising campaign was confusing, and stopped as abruptly as it started.
- No obvious link between Office 2007 and Windows Vista
- Legal issues with the US Department of Justice and the EU.
- Way too many versions.