Monday, August 11th 2008

First PowerColor HD 4870 X2 Images Appear

Another HD 4870 X2 picture leak comes from an anonymous E-Mail in my inbox. The pictures show how the PowerColor HD 4870 X2 will look like.
Add your own comment

78 Comments on First PowerColor HD 4870 X2 Images Appear

#1
mk_ln
CDdude55 said:
So i guess it comes out in three hours.
isn't it closer to 2 hours? (EDT, as per Wizzard's post, is Eastern Daylight Time...i.e. GMT-4)
Posted on Reply
#2
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
While you guys are anticipating the 4870 X2, i am anticipating the price going down for the regular 4870.:)
Posted on Reply
#3
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
mk_ln said:
isn't it closer to 2 hours? (EDT, as per Wizzard's post, is Eastern Daylight Time...i.e. GMT-4)
Ya, sorry i just counted the hours and not how many minutes.
Posted on Reply
#4
CY:G
CDdude55 said:
Ya, sorry i just counted the hours and not how many minutes.
Whats your budget for the 4870?? how low do you want it to drop?
Posted on Reply
#5
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
CY:G said:
Whats your budget for the 4870?? how low do you want it to drop?
Around the $200's is my budget(when i get some cash). But i dont want to go for it now if its going to drop in price. I would like it to drop maybe to at least $199.99
Posted on Reply
#6
Unregistered
CDdude55 said:
Around the $200's is my budget(when i get some cash). But i dont want to go for it now if its going to drop in price. I would like it to drop maybe to at least $199.99
Don't count on that. If the price drops that low, people will buy 2 4870's instead of 4870X2 in which ATI have invested so heavily ( dual-GPU on a chip design ) .
Posted on Edit | Reply
#7
MarcusTaz
wolf2009 said:
Don't count on that. If the price drops that low, people will buy 2 4870's instead of 4870X2 in which ATI have invested so heavily ( dual-GPU on a chip design ) .
Very True...
Posted on Reply
#8
mk_ln
that'd be sweet if prices dropped to those levels...but i think that, by that time, there will be something else that blows it out of the water
Posted on Reply
#9
mk_ln
UPDATE: less than an hour to go! :D
Posted on Reply
#10
zithe
Oh man. I like the color! I need 3grand right now. XD
Posted on Reply
#11
flclisgreat
give me a non sticker heatsink pls, at least till the EK 4870x2 blocks come out
Posted on Reply
#12
zithe
5 more minutes omg omg omg. XD!!!! I want one of these!

Edit: 45 seconds!!!!!!1
Posted on Reply
#14
zithe
CDdude55 said:
Yay!!
It's finally (sort of) out!!!!
Posted on Reply
#15
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
wolf2009 said:
Don't count on that. If the price drops that low, people will buy 2 4870's instead of 4870X2 in which ATI have invested so heavily ( dual-GPU on a chip design ) .
So should i just buy a 4870 at a price it is at now?
Posted on Reply
#16
Unregistered
CDdude55 said:
So should i just buy a 4870 at a price it is at now?
Price will not come down due to 4870x2 , but gradually over time.
#17
Tatty_One
Super Moderator
Selling like hot cakes in the UK now, the cheapest I can find is £375.......$725 :eek:
Posted on Reply
#18
alexp999
Staff
Tatty_One said:
Selling like hot cakes in the UK now, the cheapest I can find is £375.......$725 :eek:
There is a sapphire on ebuyer for £354.98
Or a Powercolor for £344.98
Posted on Reply
#19
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Thats expensive.

Hopefully they hurry up with in the the U.S., there not on Newegg yet.
Posted on Reply
#20
alexp999
Staff
CDdude55 said:
Thats expensive.

Hopefully they hurry up with in the the U.S., there not on Newegg yet.
Not really, like I'm doin in all these similar threads :p :

$549 -> £288 -> £338 (inc VAT)
Posted on Reply
#21
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Hopfully Nvidia shows a GTX 280 X2 or something that will combat Ati. Maybe at Nvision 08 they'll revel something.
Posted on Reply
#22
alexp999
Staff
CDdude55 said:
Hopfully Nvidia shows a GTX 280 X2 or something that will combat Ati. Maybe at Nvision 08 they'll revel something.
I hope its not just two GTX 280 PCBs slapped together cus that would kinda suck. I prefer single GPU's really. Roll on the GTX300 series! :D
Posted on Reply
#23
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
I guess this means that the 4870 X2 reqires PCI-E 2.0:

Posted on Reply
#24
alexp999
Staff
CDdude55 said:
I guess this means that the 4870 X2 reqires PCI-E 2.0:


No, its still backwards compatible (apparently). Im still a little worried about its power draw though, could damage some PCI-E 1 mobos.
Posted on Reply
#25
CDdude55
Crazy 4 TPU!!!
That sucks, i guess i ams till just going to stick with the regular 4870.(which isn't a problems since i game at 1440x900)
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment