• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Introduces the Sensei [RAW] Gaming Mouse

Today, kicking off CeBIT 2012, SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of premium-quality, competitive gaming peripherals, introduced the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW]. With best-in-class hardware like Omron switches, a pro-grade laser sensor and a CPI range from 90-5700, the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] is designed to deliver the best in gaming performance. Its ambidextrous, all-grip design also features bright-white LED illumination in 3 zones -which can be configured with multiple levels of pulsation. Powered by the SteelSeries Engine software suite, users are equipped with advanced customization options and the ability to create and store an unlimited amount of profiles.

"When we built the SteelSeries Sensei, we knew that at the core of it, if you took out the on-mouse LCD menu and configuration options, it would be a really solid mouse from the sensor to the shape. The Sensei [RAW] delivers those core performance basics of a gaming grade mouse, like shape and its hardware, to those who don't want, need or care to pay for all the extras," said Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO. "We also built the Sensei [RAW] with a transparent bottom to drive home the awareness that with this mouse, what's inside is what makes it awesome."

The SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] will be available in 2 different versions, each offering a very distinct feel for the user. For gamers who worry about sweaty palms, the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Rubberized features a rubberized black, hand-sweat resistant coating that allows for an exceptional grip and soft-touch comfort even during the most frantic gaming sessions. The SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Glossy features a glossy black coating that delivers a unique grip and feel. This surface is ideal for players who prefer a smooth exterior that both looks and feels sleek.

The Sensei [RAW] Glossy and Rubberized also both feature:

- XL-size Teflon Feet for a smooth, consistent glide
- 2 m / 6.5 ft anti-tangle black and white braided, nylon cord

The SteelSeries Sensei [RAW], Rubberized and Glossy editions, will be available in the SteelSeries Web Shop and select retailers starting in June with an MSRP of $59.99/ €59.99. For more information and images of the new mice, please visit http://steelseri.es/RAW.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Sensei on the cheap. I dig it.

^^^ wrong.

Xai/Sensei (and now RAW) are awesome mice, you just need to properly configure the settings. MUCH better than Razer's mice in my opinion.

"When we built the SteelSeries Sensei, we knew that at the core of it, if you took out the on-mouse LCD menu and configuration options, it would be a really solid mouse from the sensor to the shape. The Sensei [RAW] delivers those core performance basics of a gaming grade mouse, like shape and its hardware, to those who don't want, need or care to pay for all the extras," said Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO. "We also built the Sensei [RAW] with a transparent bottom to drive home the awareness that with this mouse, what's inside is what makes it awesome."

lol marketing bull, Yeah just what it needs, a transparent bottom and leds.

Processor Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z68-GD65-G3
Cooling Kuhler 620
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xASUS GTX670 DC2 TOP
Storage 1x128GB SanDisk SDSSDX + 1x1TB WD Black
Display(s) Dell U2312HM
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX850
My Sensei has been working great just like the Xai :D Except the UEFI issue (fixed btw) I have no complains about this.

After the disaster that was the Razer Mamba and Lycosa, it'll take a lot of fail in other companies to make me go back to Razer again.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
They nixed the ARM processor and the interpolation features ?
Pity. It was an interesting gimmick. guess it did add much to the original pricing though.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Nice mouse. See now this looks good not over designed not looking like a stapler or some thing so strange you can not recognize it. I like it.

Last edited:

araditus

Razer hasnt made a good mouse since the Copperhead imo

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Razer hasnt made a good mouse since the Copperhead imo

I agree and I've treid many of them. Actually I do like my Razer Samosa, though I use my XAI.

System Name mult1kill
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7
Motherboard GA-AX370-GAMING 5
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Team Group 32gb 3200mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 2060
Storage Seagate 3TB+ Corsair 120GB SSD+120 ssd smansung 256gb m.2 Samsung 970
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Sundara JDS Labs Atom
Power Supply FSP HydroG 850W
Mouse WMO
Keyboard Ducky Shine 3
Software Windows10
The metal paint on my sensei has rubbed off somewhere near the bottom dont really know how to fix that other than that it's a pretty awesome mouse, wish they made the rubber surface sensei in the first place but at least the mice have some pretty good quality can't tell you how many razer copperheads I burned through(love that mouse so much)