• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech G Hub audio visualizer doesn't work

I'm sooo tired of this funky shit software. The keyboard is a G513 and mice is a G903. To the problem...
The audio visualizer doesn't seem to work at all. I've set both devices to audio visualizer but RGB changes on both to black/turns off lightning as fast ast AV is set as an effect... I restart this software, restart audio player which is AIMP, UWP Spotify or Chrome YouTube and nothing... it remains black or turned off when audio visualizer is set as an effect no matter what I'm doing. Advanced settings within the audio visualizer effect doesn't have any impact. It's just not working. What's wrong here? Do I need any extra software for it?

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Might only work if a logitech USB device is the speaker output? I've seen weird oddities with things like that before (wasnt logitech stuff)

I don't understand why do I see and can play with sliders within this effect. It shouldn't be visible or non modifiable if no one of my device is compatible with it. Same for Screen Sampler effect.
Anyone could confirm that I need Logitech USB speaker to be able to use this effect?

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
I don't understand why do I see and can play with sliders within this effect. It shouldn't be visible or non modifiable if no one of my device is compatible with it. Same for Screen Sampler effect.
Anyone could confirm that I need Logitech USB speaker to be able to use this effect?
I don't think u need the g560 to use audio visualiser,

Anyone else? How to configure this shit? Any help? Maybe switiching to Logitech Gaming Software (the previous software before G Hub came) will work?

Check out this video. This guy fix it in the old software with a budget mice G102. It should definitely work with my G903 for 150 bucks and other 150 I've spent on G513. I'm asking it before I test it myself as I don't wanna mess with 2 software and need to re-install stuff, lose settings, macros, a crash or something, because of 2 different drivers/software installed simultaneously for the same peripherals, as this shit can't even work out of the box with the "recommended new software"...

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
i've got more time today, i'll install the G hub and give it a shot for you
i only have a g903 and powerplay pad, so i cant really test this well if they dont support it
LGS does not have the music sync option.

G Hub settings:

Last edited:
Alright so this should work. I've just tested it again and can't get this to work :(
What media player you're using?

EDIT: I've just discovered that when light effect of the mouse & keyboard has been switched to off and then I change it to audio visualizer, the effect remains to be off until I change it to static/breathing/cycle, then it gets any of these effects and show them when audio visualizer is on. The same for screen sampler because this effect isn't working either. It's definitely something with this peace of shit software taking the last state of effect when audio visualizer or screen sampler is on. Well, I guess that I need to uninstall it, clean system of Logitech junk everywhere in my system as well as manually clean all entries in registry and try again.

What a garbage. Just wrote a message to Logitech support. Can't wait for their support. Just a problem with this software, all the time... Audio visualizer & screen sampler just won't work. Did as told. Uninstalled, cleaned all junk after, appdata, program data, program files + x86 existed files, manually cleaned every Logitech register entry and installed again. No one change, works exactly the same.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
do you have anything else syncing with it/controlling it? discord for example integrates, and could be over-riding it

I don't have anything else related to RGB installed on my PC (and definitely not Discord) as I've just started to play with this kind of RGB lightning. Do you think it may be an application which conflict with G Hub?
Should I list them all for you, sir?

Haven't even had the previous Logitech Gaming Software installed, only G Hub. I try to have nice and clean Windows installation, and I'm doing it always manully with .bat scripts as I'm experienced Windows user and last format I've did was on 8th September this year. The only one thing I did was to turn off LED in UEFI on my ASUS STRIX X470 F board.

Thank you all for all entries. I just need to figure it out. It must work! I may try this on my laptop as well and see if it's good there or not, but the Windows haven't been re-installed on it since 1803 and I think it's still on 1803 there as I've stopped Windows Update and not updating it.

Both devices, G513 and G903 are relatively new. I've bought them for 2 months ago and both works flawless, except the RGB thing.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
i know the asus RGB software broke my corsair icue software, so yes its possible theres a conflict going on

all i can suggest is uninstalling things you dont need (the asus mobo software is pretty crap) and updating windows and seeing if it helps

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
I can only speak from my experience but with a proteus spectrum g502 and g560 rgb speakers the audio visualiser worked perfectly on both. I don't have the mouse connected anymore so, I can't test, but they both were synched and displaying properly

I've just tested the G900 on my laptop and Audio Visualizer works with it there just fine. Switched it to my desktop along with G900 receiver and it doesn't worked anymore, so it must be something wrong with my PC, but what could it be? :confused: The desktop runs latest Windows 10 Professional and laptop is a bit outdated and runs Professional 1803. Both are 64 bit versions of course.

The desktop is an AMD plattform on ASUS X470 STRIX with Ryzen 7 1700X & GTX 970 and laptop is an old MSI GS60 2PE FullHD running Intel Core i7 4700HQ & GTX 870M.

I don't have any ASUS Aura or Halo software installed on my desktop. To be honest, I don't have any ASUS software installed as for now. I need almost all of the installed programs on my PC but need to get rid of the one or more which may conflict or at least report them to Logitech. May you check if there's one you know about which could conflict with Logitech G Hub on my PC? It's easier for me to check it as at least 2/3 of them are installed on my laptop as well. I've sorted out all different applications, with exception that these on my laptop may be a bit outdated as I haven't started it for last 8 months.

Installed applications which aren't installed on my laptop:
AIDA 64
AMD Chipset & AMD Software (both coming from chipset driver downloaded from ASUS motherboard support page)
Argus Monitor (insetad of ASUS AiSuite III garbage, for controlling fans and making curves only)
ASMedia USB Host Controller (coming from drivers downloaded from ASUS motherboard support page)
Defraggler
EasyNotes for Keep (UWP app)
Folder Marker
Forza Hub (UWP app)
GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV and GTA V. Last two are Steam games. Rest are from CD/DVD media.
IcoFX
Intel SSD Toolbox
Kaspersky Internet Security (on laptop there's Kaspersky Free version installed)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (this one I've bought for 2 weeks ago and the trouble with Audio Visualizer is since 1 month ago)
Mozilla Thunderbird
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
Rainmeter (haven't configured it yet, just installed)
Realtek Audio Console (UWP app came along with sound drivers downloaded from ASUS motherboard support page)
Realtek High Definition Audio driver is 6.0.8765.1
Sonic Studio III (UWP app came along with sound drivers downloaded from ASUS motherboard support page)

Samsung Magician
VirtualClone Drive
Winaero Tweaker (on PC it's installed, on laptop I run portable version of it. The same tweaks has been applied)

I've a lot more installed on my laptop and PC. These I listed above AREN'T installed on my laptop, which I think could conflict, if it's not anything else.

EDIT: I need to say that LG Hub on desktop works a bit differently to LG Hub installed on laptop.
Effects on my laptop switches immediately after they has been switched. Everything just works as it should. Just need to choose any of them and they're applied right off. It's not the case for PC. When switched from OFF to Fixed/Cycle/Breath on it, the RGB remains turned off. I need to first click on "Sync lightning zones" to get RGB on and then configure that effect. When switching from any of effects to OFF, it still lit. Something is really wrong with it on desktop.

If anyone gets on mind to tell me about the format, don't do it. I'll not format anything.

I've just uninstalled Samsung Magician and Intel SSD Toolbox as they both was really not needed on my desktop but it wasn't because any of them. This thing on my desktop works really weird. Though keyboard isn't synced with mouse it shows the same synchronized effect for them both, like a half of functionality is broken or don't work. I'm sooo pissed off of it but won't give up until it's working as intended.

Last edited:
More of it. Recorded almost 4 minutes long movie on which you can see what's happening, step by step.

I've even got a response from Logitech but dunno if they're joking with that answer I've got. I don't believe I can get any support from them in solving this issue. Very frustrating, to be honest.

Hello guys. Problem is still not solved.

I'm in touch with Logitech US support and it's been a terrible touch... about 20 e-mails back and forward since this thread has been created and it's been enough of less than zero intelligence answers from them so I quit wasting my time anymore. I got a feeling like I'm writing with a wall. It's actually the worst support I've ever been in need of. They ain't reading properly messages to them on what has already been done, they just explain how to do the same things and explaining it as I was a baby, over and over again. Logitech support quality is RIDICULOUS AND SUCKS.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I have seen the tons of complaints about GHUB all over the place, and yes LG support scks bad and it always has. their forums sck even worse to navigate.

Well... I trampled in shit choosing Logitech and I'm not gonna make the same mistake in the future again. In these days, a good hardware is not worth anything with a crap software and it is how it is with Logitech. I expected a little bit more from a hardware which I've spent 300 bucks for. Black Friday is just around the corner, maybe it's a good time to look for something else and get rid of this junk.

However, maybe I get more luck with you on this community, before this happen. I'm satisfied with random people answers and all try to help with relative answers much more than Logitech. Their e-mail adress has been blocked to not waste my time anymore. They just irritate.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Well... I trampled in shit choosing Logitech and I'm not gonna make the same mistake in the future again. In these days, a good hardware is not worth anything with a crap software and it is how it is with Logitech. I expected a little bit more from a hardware which I've spent 300 bucks for. Black Friday is just around the corner, maybe it's a good time to look for something else and get rid of this junk.

However, maybe I get more luck with you on this community, before this happen. I'm satisfied with random people answers and all try to help with relative answers much more than Logitech. Their e-mail adress has been blocked to not waste my time anymore. They just irritate.
logitech is good hardware, its their software thats causing issues. iirc they use a 3rd party and thats why it takes forever to make it work right. LGS works great for me, once i found a version that stop causing issues.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
G hub has even screwed with my mouse since installing it to help test this out, when running hardware settings on the mouse i have no RGB control, despite that working on the older LGS software

I'd like to give LGS a try but it doesn't support audio visualizer which I'm interested in.
I dunno what is next step in solving my trouble. I've done almost everything. Maybe some service except lghub_updater.exe is missing/disabled and that's why? Anyone know which one may be related to this software except this one created by LG Hub software?

Hello guys! The trouble still exist. Anyone know if the Logitech G Hub need any particular service/sensor to be run, except these listed below? May you check it for me on your system?

lghub_updater.exe
logi_core_temp.sys
logi_joy_bus_enum.sys
logi_joy_xlcore.sys

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Logitech uses Lithium forum engine which made enough terrible changes to make Webroot leave for Insided. Lithium was a great forum engine till 2 versions ago and it made mobile browsing a headache inducing ordeal to use for any threads longer than 6 pages. Blame Lithium for the forum shit.

Logitech uses Lithium forum engine which made enough terrible changes to make Webroot leave for Insided. Lithium was a great forum engine till 2 versions ago and it made mobile browsing a headache inducing ordeal to use for any threads longer than 6 pages. Blame Lithium for the forum shit.

And how is this supposed to solve my problem? I've just been (lately) asking about checking for services which are triggered by Logitech G Hub, to check if there's any missing on my machine.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
And how is this supposed to solve my problem? I've just been (lately) asking about checking for services which are triggered by Logitech G Hub, to check if there's any missing on my machine.
You pointed out about their forums being a pain..