• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
You don't need Realtek Audio Device Tweak tool, if the installation was correct.
The tool is only for some bug fixing or to (de)activate some special options/features.
The driver v6.0.9071.1 should work oob.

You have to decide between Realtek UAD Console ... or HDA Control Panel:

APO_install.png
APO_install_.png

I like the (legacy) HDA Control Panel. It's faster to reach and I don't care about "old look". ;)
If you like more the UAD Console, then make your decision at the beginning of driver installation.
Sorry, but now you may have to delete & re-install AAF driver.

For Dolby Atmos and A-Volute you could also decide to use (and which) or not.

throwton

@Alan Finote

Is there any way to change the Sample Rate of the ASIO? All attached devices are set to 48k, defaults are set to 48k in Audio Console. The ASIO settings panel does not offer an option for Sample Rate.

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
We need a DTS-DDL background app that transcodes analogue to digital and visa versa, that can be setup by reading the settings you use in the Realtek panel or Windows sound config.
For example if I chose DTS from the options for digital, then the app should read this setting, and also the current output default, for example 'Speakers' means analogue.

The only setting that currently doesn't work in terms of transcoding is the DTS, DDL and connection options.

----

Windows default drivers: Plays multichannel PCM AAC and AC3 over analogue, DTS over digital. No on-the-fly transcoding.
AAF Drivers (latest): Plays multichannel PCM AAC and AC3 over analogue, AC3 and DTS over digital. No on-the-fly transcoding.

Analogue: Can play anything as long as its decompressed (transcoded to PCM).
SPDIF: Can only handle PCM 2 channel, or multichannel DDL-DTS.

This was the 'Photos' app you get with every Windows 10 install.

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
In the last decades there were used AC3Filter tool as a workaround, if no DDL/DTS-C license comes with the mainboard.

The AC3 codec to encode DDL/DTS-C should be in(side) the Realtek HD audio driver. The license only activates it.
P.e. my ASRock X470 Taichi board has official DTS-C license support. If I install regular Realtek driver, it should work.

You'll have/get 0.2 to 0.5 seconds delay by the encoding/compression process, if it works. ;)

The only thing, we have to ensure, is: Is there a problem with the Realtek driver or with the license implementation.
Otherwise we would go round in circles over and over again - I think.

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Please, it would be nice for a lot of users here test. :cool:
I couldn't find a working site on internet for download.

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Thank you very much ... and sorry. I don't know something about that.
Maybe I try it in the next future, but I only have a ten years old AVR (no DTS:X support).

You could ask @H4cziLLa - he may help you with his knowledge.

Dekamir

With version DCH-6.0.9013.1, a new feature was enabled: "High Quality Record" (under Microphone).
This enabled really high quality microphone input, with little to no white noise and no noise cancellation artifacts.

No other version has this enabled (tested the latest DCH-6.0.9071.1 to date, as well).

Why is this removed
, and is there a way I can enable this via Device Tweak?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
With version DCH-6.0.9013.1, a new feature was enabled: "High Quality Record" (under Microphone).
This enabled really high quality microphone input, with little to no white noise and no noise cancellation artifacts.

No other version has this enabled (tested the latest DCH-6.0.9071.1 to date, as well).

Why is this removed, and is there a way I can enable this via Device Tweak?
Know. You are talking about the 24 bit for recording. In fact, it remained enabled. If there was a problem, please ask him to send you images of it.

Mason76

after ininstal last version my mic on notebook msi gp75 not work..how fix it?

akulp

Hi guys. I'm completely new here so I'm asking for some help.

Few days ago installed my new Asus H470m-PLUS mobo which have Realtek ACL887 chipset.

Beside that I have Asus Xonar DGX soundcard.
My speakers are Logitech Z906.

I connected speakers on Xonar with analog 3.5 . I use Xonar just becasuse Realtek (i had similar experience on my previos board) doesn't support stereo mix (stereo sound on all 5 sepakers). But this is not the case.
Now I tried to connect speakers over SPDIF and I see that I can't adjust volumes and so on. I know that PC in case of SPDIF sends to speakers "zipped" sound, so you can not adjust volume, each speaker volume and so on. Xonar does not support DD (Live), but speakers supports DD and DTS.

So after searching I found this forum and DD Live hack for Realtek Audio.

If my understanding is right and if I install this modded drivers I'll have DD Live which means I can adjust everything like if speakers are connected with analog 3.5 jacks?

I found drivers in first post but on the other forums with similar drivers mod I saw that drivers should be installed with some additional steps like this:

Is there any manual, how to install this modded drivers?

Thanks for your time and help!

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Hello, welcome!
after install last version my mic on notebook msi gp75 not work..how fix it?
It's just the same like installing the driver.
Is there any manual, how to install this modded drivers?
Please uninstall ALL Realtek HD audio drivers, which are in the system. You could use p.e. DriverStoreExplorer for cleaning after deinstall.
If you used before some enhancers, it could be good to clean also some registry entries, p.e. by Revo- or (BulkCrap) BC-Uninstaller.
Also take a look at C:\ProgramData\A-Volute and C:\ProgramData\Dolby -> you could delete these folders after deinstallation.
If there're still some problems, take a look in the registry to find "Nahimic"/"Dolby" entries & delete them manually. !! Attention !!
It up to you to prove what you delete in the registry. Better for data safety, that you export (as a backup) the entries before you delete them.
I don't give support or warranty, if you ruin your Windows installation.

I use Xonar just because Realtek . . . doesn't support stereo mix (stereo sound on all 5 sepakers).
You could use Dolby Theater/ProLogic II, which cames with the AAF-driver (Realtek) to fill up stereo to all speakers.
(You could also use Dolby Digital Theater 4 instead of the AAF driver for installation on Windows 7, 8.x or 10.)

If my understanding is right and if I install this modded drivers I'll have DD Live which means I can adjust everything like if speakers are connected with analog 3.5 jacks?
DDL and analouge speakers may not work together. At this time encoding via DDL/DTS-C is not properly function.
You could play Dolby or DTS pre-encoded files like DVD, movies or AC3 files, but for games the LIVE-encoding doesn't work.

Alan Finote means, it could be a bug in the Realtek standard driver, which is the source of his modded drivers.

With this driver you cannot configure everything on analogue speakers, but a lot ... like 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 -> have a look by your own. ;)

akulp

DDL and analouge speakers may not work together. At this time encoding via DDL/DTS-C is not properly function.
You could play Dolby or DTS pre-encoded files like DVD, movies or AC3 files, but for games the LIVE-encoding doesn't work.

Alan Finote means, it could be a bug in the Realtek standard driver, which is the source of his modded drivers.

With this driver you cannot configure everything on analogue speakers, but a lot ... like 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 -> have a look by your own. ;)

Thanks for quick explanation!

No, I didn't used any modded stuff before so my registry and folders are clean. I'll just remove all drivers. I'm also familiar with registry.

I understand all, except last quoted part.

Logitech Z906 are not just analog speakers. They have DTS/DD decoder. I don't mind about games, I don't play games.

All I want is that I can adjust speakers volume, separately for every speaker, because I can not position my rear speakers very good and left one is half closer than right one (unfortunately on the speaker I can't adjust left/right just rear/front volume) ... So this is easy with analog connection, but I need SPDIF for watching DTS/DD movies.

But as you said, I can try and see :)

@akulp

I am using the drivers now, with my Logitech Z906, there's no functioning stereo mix except the THX studio version (I use 3D and 4.1 modes on my Z906 for stereo expand and stereo surround).
Digital can change in volume, for me it does at least, and also the loudness equalization also works. I use Potplayer to expand the drivers features with media files.

Potplayer 2.pngPotplayer 1.png AC3 Filter - Graph.png

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
All I want is that I can adjust speakers volume, separately for every speaker, because I can not position my rear speakers very good and left one is half closer than right one (unfortunately on the speaker I can't adjust left/right just rear/front volume) ... So this is easy with analog connection, but I need SPDIF for watching DTS/DD movies.
Ah okay. It will be possible with room correction option.
Playing movies+audio with pre-encoded DD+DTS over SPDIF will be possible, too.

Mossey49

I am not sure if this is where I should be asking this question! I have a DIY HTPC based on an AsRock Z77Pro4-M MB with ALC892 Realtek on board audio. I did a Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 and I have no audio. I normally connected the PC to a Yamaha 7.1 receiver via HDMI then to a Samsung 65 4K TV via HDMI. I had great 7.1 sound. After the clean install I get absolutely nothing using the Realtek HD audio sound device. But what confuses me is I also get an option to select Samsung HD audio as my sound device. When I select that I get stereo sound only, but in the sound console I get a an area where I can select other speakers for 7.1 audio but when selected still produce stereo sound when running the test. With the Samsung audio selection the configure option is actually available with Realtek Sound device selected the configure option is greyed out and not selectable. I have installed 6 different drivers found on various forums but none have worked. Yesterday I connected the Yamaha receiver to the HTPC using an S/Pdif optical cable and I get some audio now with the Realtek selected as my sound device not 7.1 In the lower right corner when I left click on the speaker it states that spatial sound is off and I can not get that to on. I need help bad! I really miss the sub woofer.

akulp

@akulp

I am using the drivers now, with my Logitech Z906, there's no functioning stereo mix except the THX studio version (I use 3D and 4.1 modes on my Z906 for stereo expand and stereo surround).
Digital can change in volume, for me it does at least, and also the loudness equalization also works. I use Potplayer to expand the drivers features with media files.

View attachment 179889View attachment 179890 View attachment 179888

Thank you for help!

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. So you use these drivers, but from your picture I see you also use AC3 filter.
I don't really understand this filter. I installed it but I don't know how to use it.

And before AC3 filter on your picture is VB-Audio Point. And this is?
And part of which app is pciture with speakers for room correction? (EBU-Tech...)

Ok, Potplayer is probaly similar as VLC?

Sorry, maybe I'm really begginer in DTS/DD world... Up to now I was always using just 3.5 jacks ...

Ah okay. It will be possible with room correction option.
Playing movies+audio with pre-encoded DD+DTS over SPDIF will be possible, too.

But probably I can use DD+DTS (when playing movie from Kodi for example) on my Z906 decoder like I'm using it now with SPDIF over Xonar soundcard?

Yes I'm using now in a way that I change to SPDIF for DTS/DD movie. I just wanted to have SPDIF all the time. Because now I have to change source on speakers and in Windows (despite windows 10 have option "default input for app", but it doesn't work very well when you have opened 2 apps one with defalut SPDIF, other with analog).

Actually the only thing that I don't like when listening music on SPDIF is that I can not use room correction and stereo expand to 5.1... but ok, I can live with just 4.1, not 5.1 when playing music, but I can not live without room correction. :)

@akulp Ignore the AC3 filter image, that's for analogue multichannel to digital multichannel transcoding, which currently doesn't work with Windows, Realtek or AAF drivers.

Here is the Realtek manager I get:

Manager.pngManager 2.png

----

Currently I have a problem with the 5.1 speaker setup, as the defaults are front and sides, not front and rear. I have to set it as 7.1 and disable the sides to get rear (I also get virtual sides).

Speakers 1.pngSpeakers 2.png

----

You will find easier to use analogue, Windows by default will play AC3 (DDL) over analogue, so you only need to change to digital (SPDIF) for DTS audio.
Analogue carries a higher bitrate and is a higher quality than compressed digital (which uses a lossy system to compress audio).

DTS (1536 kbps) is a higher quality than DDL AC3 (640 kbps). My ALC889 and Z906 will also play DTS-HD.

====

@Mossey49

With the Yamaha connect via SPDIF to your Realtek, play these files via Windows 'Photos' app: DTS-Trailer (DTS 5.1, 1.536 Kbps, 48 kHz) and DDL-Trailer (Dolby, AC3 5.1, 640 kbps, 48 kHz).
No drivers will transcode multichannel analogue (example AAC) to multichannel digital, so you get either 5.1-7.1 DDL or DTS, or 2.0 PCM only.

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
@Ferather
Please use correct words to describe technical details.

There couldn't be an DDL-Trailer, it's just a DD, because no LIVE encoding would be required. The files are (pre-)encoded.

"multichannel analogue ... AAC" is also not possible. AAC ist an audio codec, which is a lossy format (MP4). This file is digital.
Analogue "files" are such as this:
unnamed.png

... or an long play disc. ;)

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
Hey @Alan Finote . I'm back with problems again. As per usual. I uninstalled thedriver and installed the latest version but I dont have atmos or the equalizer in the realtek UAD. Nor does the dolby headphone stuff work. It wants me to pay is there a workaround for these things?
I'm trying a reinstall right now hopefully that will fix it.

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
try redocnexk that I linked for analog to digital?
I didn't really get it working, because it don't include an ASIO driver.
Could you desribe how to do it?
I didn't found a good YT video, that shows it detailed.