• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Mossey49

@Mossey49

I can see from the middle image the AAF driver is not installed. You have "Realtek High Definition Audio" not "AAF DCH Optimus Sound".
View attachment 180054

1: Go to "Device Manager", by typing "dev" into the start menu search at the bottom left of your screen.
View attachment 180055

2: Uninstall "Realtek High Definition Audio", restart PC, you should get "High Definition Audio", which is the default Windows driver.
3: Enable "Developer Settings", by typing "deve" into the start menu search at the bottom left of your screen.
View attachment 180056View attachment 180057

4: Install the "AAF driver", untick everything except for UWP version, and "Both" decoders, after restart disable "Developer Mode".
View attachment 180058

5: I set digital to "2 Channel, 24bit, 48000Hz", because transcoding does not work currently.
View attachment 180059

View attachment 180060
These are my settings as they currently are set! I have not completed the guides in your post as I think That's what I already had done correctly. Please advise!

@Mossey49

I can see from the middle image the AAF driver is not installed. You have "Realtek High Definition Audio" not "AAF DCH Optimus Sound".
View attachment 180054

1: Go to "Device Manager", by typing "dev" into the start menu search at the bottom left of your screen.
View attachment 180055

2: Uninstall "Realtek High Definition Audio", restart PC, you should get "High Definition Audio", which is the default Windows driver.
3: Enable "Developer Settings", by typing "deve" into the start menu search at the bottom left of your screen.
View attachment 180056View attachment 180057

4: Install the "AAF driver", untick everything except for UWP version, and "Both" decoders, after restart disable "Developer Mode".
View attachment 180058

5: I set digital to "2 Channel, 24bit, 48000Hz", because transcoding does not work currently.
View attachment 180059

View attachment 180060

If that does not work, let me know and I will show you how to force install AFF driver.
How do I find /get the option you have in SS AAF3.png to install AFF driver? Once I uninstall the realtek driver I only have the Samsung driver left, which I have no idea where it came from. My monitor a 65" TV is the only thing Samsung in my system.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    916.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    60.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    68.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    80.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    81.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    79.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    81.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    134.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    214.2 KB · Views: 184
Uninstall Realtek driver, and tick "delete driver". Restart PC. Now you should see "High Definition Audio Device" NOT "Realtek High Definition Audio".
You have old driver and old panel. Also make sure you also uninstall any "Realtek" apps from the "Add & Remove" settings panel.

Untitled.png1.png2.png

Last edited:

Mossey49

Uninstall Realtek driver, and tick "delete driver". Restart PC. Now you should see "High Definition Audio Device" NOT "Realtek High Definition Audio". You have old driver and old panel.
Ok I have done that but where do I get the AAF optimus driver you showed earlier? I am back to where I can Play the DTS trailer , has no audio. The Dolby Atmos trailer plays but is only stereo no side channels or Sub/woofer.

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    950 KB · Views: 118

Mossey49

Where is your guide. I have installed Alan's driver previously, that's where I was when, I started following you suggestions, I must have screwed up the installation.

Mossey49

I am stupid! I believe that now I am installing Alan's AAf driver. Before I do this I know I have many selections to make ! Which are the correct ones.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    523.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    521 KB · Views: 190

Mossey49

It works, but the same as before. Will not play the DTS file and the Dolby Atmos file plays great and has 5.1 sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    595 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    84.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    91.1 KB · Views: 147
Check these settings, and apply them. Using the 'Photos' app, both DTS and DDL files play as normal for me, even the 7.1 ones.

1.png2.png3.png

Mossey49

Last SS is what I get when I select the DTS file to be played with Photos

Thanks for all your help! Maybe Alan has a handle on what is happening! I was crossing my fingers hoping for the same kind of results as you got!

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    85.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    64.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    103.5 KB · Views: 104
@Mossey49

You're correct, thankfully that's a Windows issue with .mkv files: https://we.tl/R0UtbRZgGU (The Digital Experience - DTS 5.1, 1.536 Kbps, 48 kHz - 1080p AVCHD .m2ts)
1.png2.png

With PotPlayer media player, I can transcode all files to DTS or AC3, even the .mkv files get transcoded.
3.png4.png

DTS-HD mkv plays as normal with "Photos" app, but not DTS in mkv.

Last edited:
System Name CTG Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Asrock B650M PRO RS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE
Memory 2x 16gb G.SKILL F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) MAG274QRF-QD | Asus vg248qe
Case SAMA IM01
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlasterx G6
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech G pro Wireless
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
System Name ABRF-PCMR
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) PREDATOR BIFROST Intel® Arc™ A770 OC
Storage 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro
Display(s) 27" UHD Philips 276E
Audio Device(s) Loxjie A30
Power Supply XPG Core Reactor 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Redragon K539-RGB (Brown)
Software Windows 11
For some reason I'm not able to install Dolby Atmos anymore, before the latest update I was using the version 9066 without the Nahimic Fix, I uninstalled to update and Atmos didn't appear, tried a lot of times and same thing, tried to go back to the version I was using, same thing, can't install Atmos, it appears in the installer, but after reboot there's nothing, what can I do? Is there a way to install it as a standalone app?

DeeMan

Hi everyone, after hours and hours of installing and deleting various Reltek drivers with no avail, I landed here. Though I'm not even sure if this is the right place to fix my issues.

I'm trying to connect my Sonos beam to my PC via a optical adapter + HDMI cable, which doesn't work. The issue may be related to the Realtek HD Audio Manager and/or the Realtek Audio Console UWP app not being availabe which in turn might be the result of wrong realtek drivers. I have an MSI MAG X570 motherboard, so would your solution work with that? I read something about ASUS ROG and am confused (which is also due to a severe lack of sleep and me not being able to think straight anymore). Off to bed for now, I'd be happy about any input! Cheers

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
So I believe i just encountered the source of my newly found issues. Apparently after upgrading my Windows 10 home to Pro upon doing so changed my "Do not download drivers and installed programs software option" back to not enabled. ::banghead: Ergo, I have disabled it and I am about to reinstall the driver suite.

Mossey49

Hi everyone, after hours and hours of installing and deleting various Reltek drivers with no avail, I landed here. Though I'm not even sure if this is the right place to fix my issues.

I'm trying to connect my Sonos beam to my PC via a optical adapter + HDMI cable, which doesn't work. The issue may be related to the Realtek HD Audio Manager and/or the Realtek Audio Console UWP app not being availabe which in turn might be the result of wrong realtek drivers. I have an MSI MAG X570 motherboard, so would your solution work with that? I read something about ASUS ROG and am confused (which is also due to a severe lack of sleep and me not being able to think straight anymore). Off to bed for now, I'd be happy about any input! Cheers
I believe they will work. I got coached through installing these drivers on my AsRock MB and they worked. Same deal Optical and HDMI.

@Mossey49

On a slightly separate note, is the HDMI you are using coming from your graphics card? I noticed in your screenshots, like my setup, you have two audio devices, one is the Realtek device (Now called "AAF DCH Optimus Sound") and the other in my case is my graphics card ("AMD High Definition Audio Device"). I know you uninstalled the device by mistake, and now it says "High Definition Audio Device".

If it's coming from your graphics card, you should download and install the latest drivers. Here is a screenshot of my AMD audio device 'separate' from my Realtek audio device.

1.png

Mossey49

@Mossey49

On a slightly separate note, is the HDMI you are using coming from your graphics card? I noticed in your screenshots, like my setup, you have two audio devices, one is the Realtek device (Now called "AAF DCH Optimus Sound") and the other in my case is my graphics card ("AMD High Definition Audio Device"). I know you uninstalled the device by mistake, and now it says "High Definition Audio Device".

If it's coming from your graphics card, you should download and install the latest drivers. Here is a screenshot of my AMD audio device 'separate' from my Realtek audio device.

View attachment 180198
Yes the HDMI is coming from the On board graphic card. (MB)
Not 100% sure, except High Definition Audio Device is one of two drivers that shows up on a clean install The other is the Realtek High Definition Audio. And Windows would select by Default "Samsung High Definition Audio Device" so I always assumed High Definition Audio Device was the driver for this device so I deleted the Realtek High Definition Audio before installing" AAF DCH Optimus Sound" driver pkg.

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
Summary - Still have no sound using HDMI out!
- I do not have configuration ie: speaker options in windows sound panel or in Realtek Sound console. Configuration option is Not selectable.
- I can not play a DTS encoded MKV trailer file
- I have 5.1 audio while playing A Dolby Atmos trailer.
- The only audio I have is using Optical out from my HTPC
Is this the limit with Alan's Driver? When I checked the actual file installed using Alan Finotty's driver is 6.0.1.7560. Is this correct?
I am happy I have audio now! Somehow I still don't think that this is working correctly. Am I right?
The AAF driver is not intended for HDMI of the graphics card.

You may install the AAF manually by device manager, but you'll get then problem with updating the (AMD/Nvidia) GPU driver.
But this is no regular way and it's your own responsibility to do so.

The v6.0.1.7560 seems to be very old. Don't use it. Old Realtek drivers are old and contain security issues.

It's simple to re-install this driver.
Go to device manager -> update driver -> select manually source from -> C:\AMD -> OK or [Enter].
If it's Nvidia GPU, then you have to find the folder or subfolder "Nvidia".

@Alan Finote

I have problem with last drivers that with any sound music, movies, games I listen an echo wich wasn't in earlier versions, do you know this issue?

Mossey49

Yes I do and I noticed I have a lot more ambient noise, like background shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Does anyone know why my system would choose "Samsung High Definition Audio" as the default audio device on a clean install? Where is this coming from? My audio was always the simplest part of the installation. My HDMI cabling from device to device netted fantastic 7.1 audio. Then with the last 3 editions of Windows I started having Microphone issues. Now audio and webcam. the webcam no longer works and Microsoft drivers for the Logitech device no longer installs. Microsoft does not even look like they are working on any of these issues?