• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9098.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP UPDATED

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

I just downloaded the newest dch version to test it out. Any way in near future we could try an updated DJ Urko HDA Compiler Alan Finotty version? Its got a really nice sound to it playing cinema 5, dts audio, dolby atmos and dolby home theater all at once. I'm using Streaming settings on cinema 5 especially for eq. Entertainment and in-front, and ear buds on dts audio. Dialogue Enhancer turned on on Game for Dolby Atmos. Dolby Home Theater is set to graphic: halfway below 0db, leveler set on low, dialogue enhancer set all the way and virtualizer is set to headphones... all the way. Been usin spotify to test it out with Dts being on and the other settings.

Last edited:
@Alan Finotty

I extracted your installer and noticed you are still using Dolby PCEE3, and not Dolby PCEE4. I attached the PCEE4 files for you, hopefully this works better in some way, also thanks for your updates.

1.png 2.png

Attachments

• DDL.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 260

Desef

Hi. I need some help, please. I recently bought an ASAU Tuf Gaming B550-Plus motherboard and as you already know, the S/PDIF output is limited to 2 channels for some reason. After some searching, I found this very helpful thread. I installed V6.0.9098.1 of this driver, but I was experimenting and I selected a whole bunch of the components. I tried to familiarise myself with the various options, the I tried to uninstall some of the components. Eventually I had to di a full uninstall of the driver, before I could re-install with only a few of the components.

However, after the driver was re-installed, the front-end of the various modules are not installed (Creative, Sonic, Realtek, etc). I tried various ways, including uninstalling the drivers/devices in Device manager, full uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, etc, but I cannot get these modules active. They are shown in the Device Manager, but there is no way that I can run these modules. I even did a system restore to a restore point before I started playing around. Even if I re-install the original sound driver that came with the motherboard, the Realtek console is unavailable.

I would appreciate advice with what is required to install these modules properly.

Attachments

• Device Manager screenshot.jpg
    Device Manager screenshot.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 219
What do you mean you cant run the software components? Do you mean they are installed but no app to use?

Bradden

I think that's exactly what @Desef means. I've had similar issues when updating. I've not found a proper fix for it yet. Sorry I can;t be more help.

I've managed to get the front ends installed but the dolby atmos one just tells me to plug headphones in.. even if they are plugged in... it used to load properly even without headphones.

I fixed that bug with Alans driver, uninstall his drivers, then right click uninstall the 'Software Component', tick delete driver, then pnputil to finish removal. Open command prompt as admin.

Type the following command: pnputil -e , this will display all installed drivers, look for the vendor and device name and copy the oemX.inf name.
Now type the following command: pnputil -d oemX.inf , this will delete the driver, however it must not be in use (uninstalled).

1.png2.png

Do that for every 'Alan Finotty' driver. Then restart your PC, and run a registry cleaner.

Desef

I fixed that bug with Alans driver, uninstall his drivers, then right click uninstall the 'Software Component', tick delete driver, then pnputil to finish removal. Open command prompt as admin.

Type the following command: pnputil -e , this will display all installed drivers, look for the vendor and device name and copy the oemX.inf name.
Now type the following command: pnputil -d oemX.inf , this will delete the driver, however it must not be in use (uninstalled).

View attachment 186027View attachment 186028

Do that for every 'Alan Finotty' driver. Then restart your PC, and run a registry cleaner.

Thanks for your help and insight. This helped me to get the console installed again.

Hi guys. Need Realtek mod driver with Dolby Prologic 2 on SPDIF, please. what driver use?. I have realtek alc1220 (asus z370 e gaming motherboard)

R2.80 Modded driver doesnt work Pro Logic with the lastest windows 10 update (october 20h2) It stopped working, DTS and Dolbu digital Works fine.

I specifically need it to work for Logic 2 in spdif. I've tried alain finnote's drivers and I can't see the option. Please help me, I'm going crazy

P.D - @Alan Finotty please help me

Last edited:
@grifers

Why do you need Dolby Prologic 2, for stereo to 5.1? Just use E-APO and make your own profile, you will get 0ms latency (don't even need ASIO). See my signature below.

====

@ZiO

Install AAF driver or my DTS version, then install E-APO and an upmixer, see my signature below. You will get 5.1 for 5.1, and 5.1 stereo surround for 2 channel audio.
The driver must first be able to transcode multichannel PCM to DTS or DDL. Both AAF driver sets fully support transcoding for SPDIF.

My AAF DTS driver does have DTS Neo PC, but its expand, not surround. Else they dont have stereo upmixers.

Last edited:

ZiO

Thx a lot , i try all steps for all day, i try and retry, clean all driver, install, with all steps, nothing change, only digital realteck option with no dts pannel and still 2 channale , i can have only 5.1 on video trhue vlc with passtrough, its now long time that i tryng fix it.. now i thinking to buy a new pci-e audio board that use optical with 5.1 , have any sujestion?

thx lot , maybe i cant with my motherboard, or you think that with a fresh win10 installatiion i can?

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 133

ZiO

Oh thx , for MSI Mobo's need a specif update, thx to Ferathe:love: i fixed a super boring problem

@torang

:( This is better answered by @Alan Finotty, mod version: 6.0.8960.1 is a little older, try mod version : 6.0.9091.1.

----

@dhrto

Nice find, however that option only shows if you install third party APO's such as Nahimic, it wont show if you did drivers only.
If I install Nahimic APO and drivers later (I have files), the 'Enable audio enhancements' does show.

View attachment 185041

Interesting result, didn't work either way for me :S, My modded DTS version works with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.

View attachment 185042

Another member mentioned having issues with foobar2000 and crashing with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.
I've been playing audio for 12 hours without issues with the modded DTS version and enhancements.

I have no other APO or drivers installed from the pack, no Nahimic, Sonic Studio or Atmos.

View attachment 185043
View attachment 185044

Unfortunately Neo: PC is expand not surround QQ.

====

@Alan Finotty

The Modded DTS version, is not using any APO keys, the only key present is E-APO, no Endpoint FX required.

View attachment 185045

The Realek APO (.838) also supports Dolby Digital, and I also found a co-exist setting for DD-DTS.

View attachment 185046
View attachment 185047
View attachment 185048
For what its worth my audio works best if not exclusively with enhancements disabled and also unchecking "allow exclusive control" because I will run games and music at same time. I am a big FooBar2000 fan but if anyone knows one better please share.

SnoutBaron

Hi, can anyone explain which options should be installed?

For example:
Is Dolby Atmos a better replacement for BlasterX 720 or are they 2 completely different things that have completely different uses?
The same with A-Volute (which to choose?), is it a completely different thing, functionality-wise or is it a better/worse alternative to Atmos and Blaster X 720?

On top of all that, under Creative Suite, which is the better option? 360? 720? Cinema 5? TruStudio?

Thanks.

spods

DOWNLOAD MY DRIVERS FROM HERE:
DCH-UAD VERSION (RECOMMENDED)

STANDARD VERSION

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9098.1
HDA PANEL INCLUDED IN DCH DRIVER

• REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • ASIO EXTRA
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DDL/DTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT 2 (LEGACY)
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • NAHIMIC 3
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY DIGITAL (OVERRIDE)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (OVERRIDE)
  • REALTEK ASIO
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE & DTS INTERACTIVE
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT (UWP)
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • CINEMA 5
  • NAHIMIC 3 (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v3)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY ACCESS OEM
IMAGES (WINDOWS 10)
CREATIVE PANEL (LEGACY)
View attachment 145072
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE (UWP)
View attachment 159335
View attachment 159540

CREATIVE PANEL (UWP)
View attachment 158671
NAHIMIC 3
View attachment 133729

SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
View attachment 156931

View attachment 156932

View attachment 156933

SCOUT RADAR 3 (NOT INCLUDED, BUT SUPPORT ENABLED)
View attachment 156935

View attachment 156936

DOLBY ATMOS
View attachment 143507

ATTENTION: If the Sound Blaster, if installed, is unable to detect your audio device correctly, the executable that will allow you to restore this operation is attached.

View attachment 168055

ENJOY !!!

already downloaded it and installed it

hook

Hi, can you help me please? Does drivers work with codec Realtek S1200A? I play game with sound 5.1 set. Get dolby digital signal with Toslink on reciever, but weird, no surround channels sound. When I tried dolby 5.1 sound test, I heard surround channels from front channels (front left, right and center works fine).

Thanks for helping.

Last edited:
Hi, can you help me please? Does drivers work with codec Realtek S1200A? I play game with sound 5.1 set. Get dolby digital signal with Toslink on reciever, but weird, no surround channels sound. When I tried dolby 5.1 sound test, I heard surround channels from front channels (front left, right and center works fine).

Thanks for helping.
Have you already tried to turn off 'enable audio enhancements'? See this post for details.

ZiO

i got dts pastrought now, just a small question, do you think i can get 5,1 speaker config here? i have 6 level from windows audio, but i cant set levels, i mean if i move them notthing happened, but dts passtrought still work :)

now i have like the blue pic with 2 speaker , i would like 5 like the last pic..thx , amazing board !!!

Attachments

• Cattura2.JPG
    Cattura2.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Cattura3.JPG
    Cattura3.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 147
@Alan Finotty

Can we get AAF extension installer for non AAF drivers? Pretty much the Alan version of the Realtek APO Driver.
I would prefer to use a version controlled by you as the said product contains viruses.

Thanks for your time and mods.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
@Alan Finotty

Can we get AAF extension installer for non AAF drivers? Pretty much the Alan version of the Realtek APO Driver.
I would prefer to use a version controlled by you as the said product contains viruses.

Thanks for your time and mods.
No viruses in that Realtek APO driver according to virus total two false positives one from ESET and one from some unknown Chinese antivirus

installing the APOs requires modifications to the driver inf files

Last edited: