• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

It works here without problems. Using DTS interactive connected to a receiver with 5.1 speaker set attached, on an ALC1220. What solved the 'stereo' problem for me is to untick 'enable audio enhancements' in the sound control panel, see my post a couple pages back.
My dts Interactive with aaf + dts (ferather's mod) is active only if you tick enable audio enhancement, not by unticking it. Is it the right procedure ?

@torang

:( This is better answered by @Alan Finotty, mod version: 6.0.8960.1 is a little older, try mod version : 6.0.9091.1.

----

@dhrto

Nice find, however that option only shows if you install third party APO's such as Nahimic, it wont show if you did drivers only.
If I install Nahimic APO and drivers later (I have files), the 'Enable audio enhancements' does show.

View attachment 185041

Interesting result, didn't work either way for me :S, My modded DTS version works with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.

View attachment 185042

Another member mentioned having issues with foobar2000 and crashing with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.
I've been playing audio for 12 hours without issues with the modded DTS version and enhancements.

I have no other APO or drivers installed from the pack, no Nahimic, Sonic Studio or Atmos.

View attachment 185043
View attachment 185044

Unfortunately Neo: PC is expand not surround QQ.

====

@Alan Finotty

The Modded DTS version, is not using any APO keys, the only key present is E-APO, no Endpoint FX required.

View attachment 185045

The Realek APO (.838) also supports Dolby Digital, and I also found a co-exist setting for DD-DTS.

View attachment 185046
View attachment 185047
View attachment 185048
Where is the realtek apo tool located??

osctorand

Dolby Atmos skips during install. It does not install on my computer, but installs Sound Blaster Connect just fine.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9107.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP UPDATED
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9107.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP UPDATED
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Hi
Alan Finotty,

Excuse me, just a silly quesion: I have a Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC soundcard (integrated in a motherboard Asus Prime Z490-P),is it compatible with your program ?
I don't see any new panel or new functions, only this panel:

panel.jpg

Is it functional for my soundcard ? How I must configure it ? I have the Logitech system speaker with 2 little box and one little subwoofer....

https://www.logitech.com/it-it/product/speaker-system-z313?crid=47

Could you help me to configure them ?

In case with my system your program is useless, eventually how I can uninstall it ?

Excuse me for disturbing you, I hope you will answer me with some good news.

Thanks in advance.

Cesar

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,978
Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Excuse me, just a silly quesion: I have a Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC soundcard (integrated in a motherboard Asus Prime Z490-P),is it compatible with your program ?
YES.
Is it functional for my soundcard ?
YES
How I must configure it ?
Just follow the instructions on the screen. Don't forget to check the options you want on the installer components page.
Could you help me to configure them ?
If you are interested in the 5.1 sound setup, I recommend you to deselect ALL options and choose only the desired Realtek panel (HDA - Legacy or UWP - Universal). If you are only looking for stereo sound, you can choose the option you want. I do not recommend installing Nahimic or Sonic Studio, not because it is bad, but because it causes greater latency in the sound.
In case with my system your program is useless, eventually how I can uninstall it ?
Go to Settings> Applications> Applications and features, search for "AAF DCH Optimus Sound" and click Uninstall. The uninstaller will take care of removing any residue from previously installed features.
Excuse me for disturbing you, I hope you will answer me with some good news.

Thanks in advance.
I hope I helped you.

dbcobb

Alan, I hope you can give me some guidance. I know that this forum is focused on getting the most from the Realtek digital output, but my current setup is limited to the analog ouptuts. I am using some good speakers (Boston Acoustics, Infinity and Atlantic Technology) pushed by a large Gateway subwoofer with amplified outputs for the center, front and surround speakers. I have an ASUS motherboard with a Realtek ALC-887 chip. I currently only use the analog outputs (5.1, 7.1). I also use the FxSound Enhancer. Can you suggest what would be better, Using the default Realtek drivers or using your modded driver? If using your driver package, how should I set it up? Thank you for helping me.

@Lai_yunie_yanto

Yes that's correct, the alternative driver uses a different method for the DTS system. Alans original driver with both decoders, uses the older patched Realtek APO (patcher doesn't work on newer APOs).
My alternative driver uses the DTS APO on Realtek, the DTS Interactive (DTS encoder) is built in as original .dll files, and is used as an endpoint FX, and latest Realtek APO.

I recently changed the driver further, allowing the Realtek APO to run in addition to the DTS system, and APO4 (DTS:X). APO4 is working but has restrictions.

----

@Dee_NA

I attached it for you below.

Attachments

• RTK APO Tool.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 287

dbcobb

@Lai_yunie_yanto

Yes that's correct, the alternative driver uses a different method for the DTS system. Alans original driver with both decoders, uses the older patched Realtek APO (patcher doesn't work on newer APOs).
My alternative driver uses the DTS APO on Realtek, the DTS Interactive (DTS encoder) is built in as original .dll files, and is used as an endpoint FX, and latest Realtek APO.

I recently changed the driver further, allowing the Realtek APO to run in addition to the DTS system, and APO4 (DTS:X). APO4 is working but has restrictions.

----

@Dee_NA

I attached it for you below.
I have no idea how to use this tool. Is there any documentation for it? You talked about your driver. Where can I get it, and would it really help me in reference to my configuration? Thanks.

The link to my alternative driver is in my signature (it includes @Alan Finotty enhancements, thank him for his work too!), I also suggest EAPO for stereo surround. The tool was for @Dee_NA.
Please note the alternative driver does not contain additional extensions such as Nahimic or Sonic Studio, its a base driver with DTS support.

Last edited:

WizzardHat

It works here without problems. Using DTS interactive connected to a receiver with 5.1 speaker set attached, on an ALC1220. What solved the 'stereo' problem for me is to untick 'enable audio enhancements' in the sound control panel, see my post a couple pages back.
It worked!! Thanks alot!

My dts Interactive with aaf + dts (ferather's mod) is active only if you tick enable audio enhancement, not by unticking it. Is it the right procedure ?
I used only the 'standard' AAF driver, with only Dolby and DTS installed, no others enhancement tools / apps. I presume Ferather's mod somehow works somewhat different.

Yes it does. It also includes various DTS features, such as Surround Sensation, Headphones X (v1), and more.

Last edited:

arman258

Hi. I have a Lenovo Legion Y720 (Dolby Atmos). I am trying to use your mod to have the latest Dolby API and Realtek UAD drivers. I am trying to enable advanced settings in the Realtek Audio Manager to be able to enable "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices". I will want to use my Laptop mic when plugged in with a headphone or such.

Based on these two sources, here and here, I am able to achieve this using the Realtek Audio Device Tweak. The reason that the advanced setting is not shown is I think because of the OEM lock. Now the issue is that enabling JackCfg and ticking "10-PBIndependentSupport", "14-RecIndependentSupport" makes the Dolby Atmos not function (no audio enhancement, as if it was turned off) but I am able to enable the advanced settings. I should also note that I tried the OEM driver from Lenovo's website and tried changing the configs, but I faced the same problem.

Is there any way to enable advanced settings and keep Atmos functionality? Thanks

Last edited:

rid

Can you recommend me a version od the driver for spdif on windows 1909 to get 5.1 in games? I've already tried a dozens od them with no effect. Thanx.

supermanz

ok im having issues in the past i just installed alans mod and worked a treat , now when i install it same as before on a clean install, i dont get 5.1 or 7.1 options in my realtek control panel all apps work fine though. I use audio jacks plugged into my motherboard for front , rear , side and a center/sub combo. Before i just unplugged the jack , and replugged it in and selected "Rear speaker". and so on , but now when i do it , i only get line-in as a option and the realtek panel is greayed out wont let me select anything apart from stereo. Can someon help me in geting this to work correctly please , as it seems output jack detection work's but won't let me select the speakers only a line-in option. @Alan Finotty

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 178
Uninstall all audio drivers and then restart the pc while holding down shift and then select the unsigned drivers option, boot normally and install the drivers.

supermanz

Uninstall all audio drivers and then restart the pc while holding down shift and then select the unsigned drivers option, boot normally and install the drivers.
why do i need to do this as an option as alans download is already signed

@rid

If you want to use or add additional enhancements to digital, like I do, but dont want Atmos, Sonic Studio etc, I complied an alternative UAD DCH driver based on Alan's mods, here.
I originally was using Alans official drivers, but got issues as mentioned by a few users, no offense to Alan but the workaround is just that, it doesn't FIX the issue.

1.png2.png

Audio Processing Object Architecture - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

Last edited: