• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

@Ferather . I'm doing everything right. pnputil-e does not detect any residues. I tried option M and the first one seems to be...Here's what happens in the screenshot. There's nothing down there. Ultra works in stereo mode gives you the settings. In the multi-channel type, too, but you have only two speakers working when checking 7.1. Maybe through spdif gives out 6 channels - I do not use it. Alan has all 7 channels and subs working when checking. Ultra also works in 7.1 and does not allow you to switch in stereo. (I think it will fix) thus, taking into account other amplifiers, I see the driver more saturated in sound. I wish you all the best in your improvements.

Attachments

• Non7.1.jpg
    Non7.1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 90
  • realtek1.jpg
    realtek1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 97
Where are you getting the HDA panel from? All channels works 5.1 and 7.1. Pressing the speakers below plays sound as it should, as well as 5.1 audio.

1619829913286.png1619829981149.png

I am also not receiving any other complaints in regards to 5.1 or 7.1, so I wish you all the best with your problem.

dongeg97

Hello @Ferather ! I ended up using your driver instead of AAF driver, that give me some latency if i install every software. BTW, is normal that when i switch from stereo to 7.1 DTS Ultra is bypassed? Thanks a lot.

Where are you getting the HDA panel from? All channels works 5.1 and 7.1. Pressing the speakers below plays sound as it should, as well as 5.1 audio.

View attachment 198710View attachment 198711

I am also not receiving any other complaints in regards to 5.1 or 7.1, so I wish you all the best with your problem.
asus 887 unable to install error :(

Attachments

• 2021-05-01_170438.png
    2021-05-01_170438.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 65
@dongeg97, no that's not normal, and isn't happening to me I can use both windows settings and the Realtek panel. https://streamable.com/vcbhmo
Try this full reset, it will remove past data related to DTS, https://www.mediafire.com/file/1vlh8tkjmcpk7sv/DTS_Full_Reset.7z

Edit: The only app that might cause latency with DTS DCH, is Sound Unbound (spatial on), the engine is not optimized all that well.
You can use all the other apps without the latency, you can then use Headpnones:X v1 spatial modes (no cost).

----

Also note, if spatial is on, the speakers normally set to stereo, and might not change if spatial remains on. Spatial is for stereo, not multichannel.
If you open the Sound Unbound app, with speakers as default, in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, it will enable spatial and stereo.

For multichannel, Sound Unbound only offers the digital to analogue decoder for DTS content. Install and don't use it (silly I know).

----

Attention!

Several times in the past, an AAF installation causes system wide issues. If you read through current AAF complaints you will see several speaker and stuck on stereo problems.
Many times people say they have a problem with this driver (and others such as this generic), my friend had this with an ALC892, had to restore partition to fix it.

After the restore he was able to install almost any driver and it function as intended. My guess you all have transferred from AFF?

----

@Zonder, also the HDA panel shows you have Dolby, this driver neither has HDA panel nor Dolby.

----

@dododo, what was the error? Did you previously use AAF?

====

I have time for TeamViewer, I have done this several times in the past, DM me.

Last edited:
@dongeg97, no that's not normal, and isn't happening to me I can use both windows settings and the Realtek panel. https://streamable.com/vcbhmo
Try this full reset, it will remove past data related to DTS, https://www.mediafire.com/file/1vlh8tkjmcpk7sv/DTS_Full_Reset.7z

Edit: The only app that might cause latency with DTS DCH, is Sound Unbound (spatial on), the engine is not optimized all that well.
You can use all the other apps without the latency, you can then use Headpnones:X v1 spatial modes (no cost).

----

Also note, if spatial is on, the speakers normally set to stereo, and might not change if spatial remains on. Spatial is for stereo, not multichannel.
If you open the Sound Unbound app, with speakers as default, in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, it will enable spatial and stereo.

For multichannel, Sound Unbound only offers the digital to analogue decoder for DTS content. Install and don't use it (silly I know).

----

Attention!

Several times in the past, an AAF installation causes system wide issues. If you read through current AAF complaints you will see several speaker and stuck on stereo problems.
Many times people say they have a problem with this driver (and others such as this generic), my friend had this with an ALC892, had to restore partition to fix it.

After the restore he was able to install almost any driver and it function as intended. My guess you all have transferred from AFF?

----

@Zonder, also the HDA panel shows you have Dolby, this driver neither has HDA panel nor Dolby.

----

@dododo, what was the error? Did you previously use AAF?

====

I have time for TeamViewer, I have done this several times in the past, DM me.
Dear. An example with dolby, this is a screenshot from Alan's mod, after your mod, where all 7 speakers and a subwoofer just work. On your mod, the Realtek Hda panel is turned on elementary - any unpacked Realtek driver is taken and either RtkNGUI64 or RAVCpl64 is run in the folder with it (you can copy them separately and run hda from any folder). Alan's mod is awesome in everything, the ultra fix is a trifle, the main thing for me is that it works in the 7.1 channel.
On my chip 889 apparently the realtek uwp panel is buggy.
I can notice one more thing - when Windows puts the driver on silence ( in the process of reinstalling the drivers of mods) there is an improvement subsection (ehansers) when your mod or Alan's mod is installed - this subsection disappears in your drivers - I didn't find the answer why. Do you know?

Last edited:
I'm running ALC889. It sounds like things are being mixed up, and I am not 100% sure what you are doing as you remove-install, there should be no update.
Would you like to use TeamViewer? I would like to see exactly what is happening, or if there is some steps you need to take.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4512574

1619875903385.png

====

@Zitrish, Sorry just noticed, I cant strictly suggest a driver purely for DDL, depending on what else you want, you could try your normal driver + patched APO.

Last edited:
I'm running ALC889. It sounds like things are being mixed up, and I am not 100% sure what you are doing as you remove-install, there should be no update.
Would you like to use TeamViewer? I would like to see exactly what is happening, or if there is some steps you need to take.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4512574

View attachment 198742

====

@Zitrish, Sorry just noticed, I cant strictly suggest a driver purely for DDL, depending on what else you want, you could try your normal driver + patched APO.
Unfortunately, I don't speak English - very bad. I write through a translator. I delete correctly and check the tails of the programs too.
In the problem I would like to understand of course - already for the sake of even interest

Attachments

• info.jpg
    info.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 83
Hi Ferather. Btw, I have tried the method for uninstalling the remaining extensions from you. Yes, I can see there are about 5-10 leftover extensions that are still lodged in the device system without me knowing it. And there is still one remaining driver's extension that I haven't been able to delete until now (as in the attachment). It looks like it has something to do with the HDA panel which is mentioned to be at location "0". I still can't find the file or driver in question!
a.png

b.png

c.png

Hope you can help. Thanks for your helps.

dongeg97

@Ferather DTS is pretty good and I’m surprised because the first time I installed I underrated it .... but is really cool and i prefer it to Dolby atmos! BTW how to update presets? I ran preset updater but i have no new headphones. I’m using AKG K612 Pro

@Tingang-21, there's is quite a few there. I hope these steps will help you. You will need to unplug your internet, using 'Device manager', right click and uninstall, tick 'Delete driver'.
Repeat this process until you see the generic 'High Definition Audio Device' (Windows driver), then again right click and uninstall, the device should disappear.

If the device successfully disappears, you should now be able to use pnptuil to remove the extensions, as they are not attached to any active driver.

-----

@Zonder, its no problem, I hope you find what the cause is, I still offer to help you with TeamViewer if needed.

-----

@dongeg97, You delete the content of the APO4 folder, and replace it with another preset you would like to use, or have modified.
I believe the headphones database is in the app and online, although presets do come with offline databases.

Enjoy!

====

I just made package with the Patched APO, for standard Realtek drivers (such as the mobo drivers), to make sure I coded the installer, I ran it with DTS DCH.
The first thing I noticed, it set my speakers to stereo, although I did not check much, other than the panel (shows connect and stuff).

I also know Alan is using it, and its part of an extension he wrote that installs it. Could be the problem I don't know.

Last edited:
@Tingang-21, there's is quite a few there. I hope these steps will help you. You will need to unplug your internet, using 'Device manager', right click and uninstall, tick 'Delete driver'.
Repeat this process until you see the generic 'High Definition Audio Device' (Windows driver), then again right click and uninstall, the device should disappear.

If the device successfully disappears, you should now be able to use pnptuil to remove the extensions, as they are not attached to any active driver.

-----
Thank you for your response. But I really can't tick delete driver, as you mean. I have also turned off the internet before deleting it through the device manager.
f.png

Yes, all drivers from third parties related to realtek mod have been removed. It's just that the extension really makes me wonder, where is the problem?!
I'm just guessing, if Alan's realtek mod driver has overwritten the default HDA driver from microsoft in my device system?
d2.png

Perfect, now uninstall the default Windows driver "High Definition Audio", it wont show 'Delete' as there is no driver, the device should disappear, now you can run pnptuil to remove the extensions.

Perfect, now uninstall the default Windows driver "High Definition Audio", it wont show 'Delete' as there is no driver, the device should disappear, now you can run pnptuil to remove the extensions.
As you can see the attachment, I have uninstalled the default HDA Audio from Microsoft. Then I tried removing the extension using pnputil -d oem1.inf via CMD (run as administrator). But the results still failed. :(
f.png
g.png

g2.png

/delete-driver <oem#.inf> [/uninstall] [/force] [/reboot] | so pnputil -d oem1.inf -u -f

Otherwise, I will have to find you a solution to remove it. You should also inform Alan, he might have something to fix it.

Using force with the DriverExplorer app can also break things, so I can't suggest it.

Edit: I just noticed its a 'System device', that's not normal for a sound device, check in System devices.

Last edited:
/delete-driver <oem#.inf> [/uninstall] [/force] [/reboot] | so pnputil -d oem1.inf -u -f

Otherwise, I will have to find you a solution to remove it. You should also inform Alan, he might have something to fix it.

Using force with the DriverExplorer app can also break things, so I can't suggest it.

Edit: I just noticed its a 'System device', that's not normal for a sound device, check in System devices.
Yes, I did read about how to force uninstall mode. But do you think it's safe to do on the default Windows system? Honestly I've never done that. Because if that goes wrong, it will take up more time for me to reinstall the OS.

===================
EDIT: Okay, I just found him. So how is it handled? Should it be removed directly or what? Thank you for the enlightenment.

i.png

Last edited:
Yes it safe to remove it, pnptuil and force is also safe to use. Before you do make a restore point.

1619891153980.png

You are welcome :)

====

Edit:

I will be adding the following codes to the installer in the next update (next Realtek release):

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS\APO" /f << Deletes APO4 registry entries, old storage data.
del /f /q "%programdata%\DTSAudio\" << Deletes APO3 .xml entries, same as above in .xml form.
del /f /q "%windir%\System32\DTS\PC\APO3x\" << Deletes any personal presets, other added files.
del /f /q "%windir%\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\" << Deletes any personal presets, other added files.

Last edited:
没有用于任务管理的APO3 APO4 :(

which hardware model is DTS Ultra Presets ASUS 104387B2

Attachments

• 2021-05-02_113103.png
    2021-05-02_113103.png
    584.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

nonick

Should be fixed with the updater, the default driver has not got the extra options. Thanks for testing.
Edit: Just checked it, and it works for me without changing device after restart.

I did not enable DrvCtrl 43 -- 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2 in the updater, but are using it currently.
I have enabled RtkMicEftV2 in the updater, so I guess that setting is needed.
Nothing helps. Tried:
DrvCtrl 43 -- 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2
DrvCtrl 16 - 31-NoInternalSpkMic
DrvCtrl 39 - 19-NoInternalSpkr
DrvCtrl 7- 29-IntSpkUseRedirectHeadphone

Sometimes work sometimes not. Sometime broke/or fixes without any changes.

Its looks like AEC broke and did not know how to filter out output sound.

I broke it when playing music and change to speaker, AEC tried to mute part of environment hearing music for a while but it stops and start to hear without any muting then change device to headphone and hear all music playing through mic .. :D

Last edited:
@dododo, I will have to do TeamViewer with you, or try since I probably wont be able to read your language. I also see DAX, I don't have DAX.

我将不得不与您一起使用TeamViewer,或者尝试一下,因为我可能无法阅读您的语言。我也看到了DAX,但我没有DAX。我将需要Windows的英语语言包

----

@nonick, ok thankyou for the feedback, I will ask around if there other settings you need on or off. What was the ALC again?

Edit: Some advice I got from @ador250.

Using the 'RTK Device Tool', next to the red flashing text, is a box with a red 'X', press it, it will delete the 'RTKHDAUD.dat', now restart your computer.
Open the 'RTK Device Tool' again, and press the same 'X', the text will now flash red, now press 'Get Policy Driver', and press 'Save'.

Here are the essential DTS options to enable with your OEM policy (then restart):

AudioProc -- 23-SupportDTS
DrvCtrl-52 -- 9, 10 (DTS Neo, DTS Encoder)

Suggested:

DrvCtrl-20 -- 3-Vista24BitRecord (24bit, HD microphone)

----

Added 'Policy Installer' to the settings and utility folder, it will install your 'RTKHDAUD.dat'. Once you made one, its in 'Windows\System32\drivers\'.
Open Windows explorer at the location, at the top right is the search bar, enter the name above into it and search, copy the file.

====

If you have Z906, using analogue (or the Interactive [Off] mode), setup stereo, enable a preset you want (example Music) in Ultra.
Enable spatial (or use Headphones:X v1 app), then set Z906 to 3D, it will upmix the stereo input using a 3D matrix.

Also note with Ultra, you will need to switch to analogue or headphones (if enabled), then back to SPDIF-HDMI to trigger stereo.

Last edited:

nsaavedralira

@Ferather First thank you for this work, I've been testing your settings I think since the first version you shared through this post.
The first versions, as you know, according to the comments, were thrown by BSOD when I installed because they were not optimized for alc1220.
Until you shared the DTS DCH 6.0.9137.8 (Signed) of the post #147, with the alt2 driver I was able to install everything smoothly and worked (dts: x ultra and also headphones x)

Also told that eh tried all the new versions which I do not remember which worked (without BSOD) but the audio did not have the same quality of version 6.0.9137.8 then I returned back and I eh been staying with that version.

Also, whenever I go back or try the new versions, I delete everything according to your steps in post #1(Or at least that I believe xD)

The latest versions give me BSOD again and also eh tested other presets and I really fail to understand how to change them successfully and always fail I do not take up utilities like RTK Device Tool since I always make some error and end up erasing everything and returning to version 6.0.9137.8 since I have a saved copy.

If you want, I would have no problem providing you with a teamview session to try or tell me whether I am doing it correctly or not. So you could also see it's okay or wrong with this chip for future updates. And it would be of great help as I really apart from installing and erasing everything as appropriate I do not understand.

The only detail is that I speak Spanish and I understand English a little but with the help of a translator everything is possible.

My audio specs is as follows:
Audio
ROG SupremeFX8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
- Dual Headphone Amplifiers
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality120dBSNR stereo playback outputand113dBSNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *6
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b365-f-gaming-model/spec

I put out the 'RTKHDAUD.dat' for testing, over 100+ downloads and 0 negative feedback, this is what happens when I don't get feedback.
From now you all are going to have to make your own 'RTKHDAUD.dat', I cant be bothered anymore with it.

nsaavedralira

I put out the 'RTKHDAUD.dat' for testing, over 100+ downloads and 0 negative feedback, this is what happens when I don't get feedback.
From now you all are going to have to make your own 'RTKHDAUD.dat', I cant be bothered anymore with it.
I understand estimated echo registre only for what you report since eh read the full publication, I echo my idea was to be able to help you deliver comments so I registered echo with the previous version not eh dyed problems but I would like to try other preset since that I do not understand how to change them.

So if you save and offer the teamview session so you can also see if it is necessary to change something in the extension or RTKHDAUD.dat.

And the other thing is that I don't understand well how to use the RTK Device Tool because I always follow the steps and I end up making a xd error, but I'm not criticising your work since the setting I'm mentioning it works smoothly for me at the moment

Best and thank you