• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Its on a 50% sale on GoG atm, damn I'm tempted to pull the trigger cause I doubt that its getting cheaper anytime soon and I kinda want to play the game properly now that I have the hardware for it. 'well better at least..'

Did not have much time to play recently so I'm still about to finish Plague Tale Requiem and also FEAR 1, then I can jump into Cyberpunk full time.:oops:

It'll run great on your system (I play it at 4K) and I would say it's probably worth it at a discount (I got it for something like €25). I haven't played it a lot, but it is compelling. My main problem is a total lack of interest in any of the characters presented so far, including the player character. The world and game mechanics are very interesting in many respects, but I really don't care about anyone I have met so far (including the PC, but there is one exception). I don't regret buying it though. I do want to play it, and at some point I might get into it. But yeah. I'd say go for it. Try it, refund if you don't like it.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I'm a big fan of GRID because it does what it does, nice and simply - racing cars around with a little spice thrown in. Grid Legends adds a documentary style storyline which actually works very well with Nathan McKane being the cheating villain of the peace.
GRID Legends_2022.10.27-18.31.png
That aspect just makes you want to thrash the a**hole even more. Unlike other racing games that have pandered to rap culture and other irrelevances with cheesy dialogue and hopeless stories that even a five year old could improve upon. The characters are totally believable, amusing and well acted.
GRID Legends_2022.10.27-18.30.png
The main story isn't very long, but there is loads more racing later in a variety of different cars with a new photo mode on race replay.
GRID Legends_2022.10.28-16.45_1.jpg

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
It'll run great on your system (I play it at 4K) and I would say it's probably worth it at a discount (I got it for something like €25). I haven't played it a lot, but it is compelling. My main problem is a total lack of interest in any of the characters presented so far, including the player character. The world and game mechanics are very interesting in many respects, but I really don't care about anyone I have met so far (including the PC, but there is one exception). I don't regret buying it though. I do want to play it, and at some point I might get into it. But yeah. I'd say go for it. Try it, refund if you don't like it.

Yeah I know, I've kind of ahem 'demoed' the game if you know what I mean but only to check the performance and its decent now even with RT ofc with DLSS on Quality but I did not play the game for real cause I want to play the real deal. 'I know that most ppl don't agree with this but I do demo some games before buying them, unless its something I know for 100% sure or even pre order like I did with Requiem'

Edit: Its done
CybperGoG.jpg

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I think Cyberpunk is worth playing. It has a fair bit of flaws. They really didn't get where they were going. But the game we've gotten isn't bad by any stretch. I think if you take it and put it next to any standard open world, you can't really say that they are massively better. I think sometimes we ALL forget what the status quo for open world games actually is. Player choice, for instance, is something pretty much nobody is succeeding at. Whereas if you just take it as a pretty standard open world experience with a very unique and deeply-refined aesthetic, and a pretty interesting story to tell, it's really just an interesting (if not a lil wonky) open-world game with a mix of elements often used in the genre, generally executed well, with a bonus in the visuals you won't see anywhere else. Remove the context of the debacle, and the EXPECTATIONS people have for open world in general, and I don't think you can truly say it is any worse than other open-world games that people do not go after in the same way. People thought this game would revolutionize the genre, but ultimately was simply 'of' the genre.

That's something I notice, too. Lots of people are just burned out on open-world. Someone less initiated could start their open-worlding with Cyberpunk and think it was totally awesome, like we all did with our first open world games. It might still top their list years later, after playing some of our favorites. The reality is that we are at a point of derivation and cannibalism that it's no longer so 'acceptable' to release a game that doesn't challenge that status quo. I don't think the quality of open-world gaming has actually gotten worse, and Cyberpunk didn't knock it back any. Horrendous launch aside, Cyberpunk is a fully-competent open-world title. It's just not that different from other open-worlds.

Personally, I'm a fan of cyberpunk and all of the related genres/aesthetic philosophies and one thing I really appreciate is how many different cyberpunk 'modes' they combine and still have it feel authentic. The beating heart of Cyberpunk, is cyberpunk AF, down to the tiniest drop. No doubt. For years and years, I looked at that juicy cyberpunk fruit that NOBODY is picking and waited for a chance to be in that world. One thing CDPR stuck fully was the rendition of that. Could it use a lot more immersive sim elements? Sure. But I'll take all of the cool weapons, gear, clothing, vehicles, architecture, sounds and music. It's all right on the nose for the vibe and there isn't anything else like it.

In spite of everything, I think it's still full of great accomplishments. They kind of failed to bring *everything* together, but there are many aspects of the game that manage to have that fine tact to them, where you just kind of know people put in some serious love. That's the other thing, the people making this game were fuckin pumped to make it, and I think a lot of them wanted to bring the best they could muster into the game. The business end stole a lot of that from them, but not nearly all of it. Genuine creativity comes through strongly all of the time. It's so weird. Sometimes you look at cyberpunk and wonder if they even tried, and then it will astound you with something that could only be accomplished because somebody with artistic vision really wanted you to experience it.

It's kind of a slow burn in that you kind of have to settle into the game for a bit before you start to pick up on the details that I think make it really great. I think if you take the ride with it, you can discover some great things. That's one thing that goes unmentioned with the game. For all of its little detracting qualities, the highs are really up at the top. It can be death by 1000 needles with some of its idiosyncrasies, but lately, they've done a lot to make it so there's always something keeping it all worth staying invested in. The gameplay loops are cohesive, there's good flow and feel. When this shit came out, and for a long time after, it felt like it was just a box of half-finished parts. It's a full game now.

As far as the story and characters go, I think there are definitely some love/hate qualities to them. But I would also say they can really grow on you. I kind of wish there were more quests with them. There's a whole cast of characters you encounter in the side quests with a few in particular having suuuuper interesting backstories. There are actually a lot of little unifying undercurrents in the narratives of the side characters you encounter - their storylines can intersect in ways that for me, makes them more relatable, and helps the city feel more alive in aspects where the technical side fails to carry it a bit. The main story, I guess is a bit contentious. Many have called it unsatisfying. I think it's hard to look at the story as a whole next to the way it ended and not think about all of the missed possibilities. The available endings in themselves are not bad. It just kind of feels like there can be more. And a big part of the reason for that is the weight the converging narratives accumulate as they progress. The strong suit is the attachment it can build towards the characters through the quests and very well-done dialogue scenes with them. I think it's held back by how that attachment ultimately doesn't feel like it's fully rewarded by the outcomes for V and friends. It feels like if everything were fully filled-out, you'd have enough story to fill almost two whole games. Does that make sense?

At least the ride itself is enjoyable. There really is a lot to like about it. If you can survive a Bethesda game, Cyberpunk isn't nearly as bad. And CDPR has a lot of strengths that Bethesda frankly don't know nothin' about.

Last edited:
System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
I think Cyberpunk is worth playing. It has a fair bit of flaws.
I frankly don't give a damn about open world, but Cyberpunk has been a massive surprise for me this year. Extremely aesthetic game with excellent graphics, mind provoking story, still a lot of action, as well as character creation/customization and with some choice of dialogue too. I'm frankly completely blown away how some stupid reviewers didn't see any of that and were like "haha bugs and glitches lol what a pos". Imo it's was a huge diservice to gamers, gaming community and even bigger loss to CDPR. It should have been game of the year and frankly it is Goty of 2021 and 2022, because not much good was released in this time frame. More than anything else C2077 surprised me with immersion, I haven't seen such strongly immersive game since Far Cry 1 or The Darkness 2, graphics, sound design and artistic direction are extremely well blended together into very enjoyable overall experience. I think it was and still is a great game and also the first game to try with RTX card too, because it looks so good and looks extra good with ray tracing.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
I frankly don't give a damn about open world, but Cyberpunk has been a massive surprise for me this year. Extremely aesthetic game with excellent graphics, mind provoking story, still a lot of action, as well as character creation/customization and with some choice of dialogue too. I'm frankly completely blown away how some stupid reviewers didn't see any of that and were like "haha bugs and glitches lol what a pos". Imo it's was a huge diservice to gamers, gaming community and even bigger loss to CDPR. It should have been game of the year and frankly it is Goty of 2021 and 2022, because not much good was released in this time frame. More than anything else C2077 surprised me with immersion, I haven't seen such strongly immersive game since Far Cry 1 or The Darkness 2, graphics, sound design and artistic direction are extremely well blended together into very enjoyable overall experience. I think it was and still is a great game and also the first game to try with RTX card too, because it looks so good and looks extra good with ray tracing.
I think there was a time when bugs were a major problem. There were points in the game's patching where it really wasn't fully playable for me. The console issues weighed heavily too, I think. But you're not wrong that media jumped on to that and did not let go - they cashed in. Maybe because as you suggested, there wasn't anything to talk about. I can remember seeing multiple new videos dunking on it show up on youtube every other day, for like... over a year. People put their channels on the map running status reports. But I already know their media strategies, and it was pretty obvious they were having some slow days when it came to the things they brought up about the game, the conversations they would try to inspire, and how those things were presented in these weird vaccums where nothing else seems relevant. Bubble mindset, commenters gather to give their trog collective takes with empty meaning and have their fake discussions, feel like they belong to something, huddling around geodesic negativity vents for warmth. Nother day in online media. In their world, Cyberpunk is a disaster that's falling apart and it feels 'big' to them - just the biggest deal ever. But it's a tiny world that can only exist in a short pocket of time. They're still outnumbered by the people silently enjoying the game and quite rationally avoiding that shit like the plague. Cyberpunk hate will come and go, but those people will still be out there, hating on something over in their little inverted realities (or as I like to call them: "coping strategies.")

I'm betting that in a couple of years, people will mostly only have good things to say about their experiences with Cyberpunk. Again, if you remove it from it's place in time (in the media context,) you have a one of a kind, high quality game experience. That is still what people are ultimately left with regardless of what has been said over the course of its run in media. No game is perfect, but at least Cyberpunk actually has things worth calling 'exceptional' in it. I think that aspect outshines the nay-saying, even if I myself have lingering gripes with the game.

Otherwise, I agree fully. It's an incredibly immersive experience, and that comes from a convergence of strengths the game has. And yes, the full RT is friggin immaculate. Straight-up incredible, but that's because the execution on the artistic side is basically bar-none. I have never seen such care an attention to detail in a video game. It's a sensory delight, satisfying visually, sonically, and tactilely (usually all at once.) I've said it before and I'll say it again. Night City itself is an unparalleled feat of artistic ambition in games and I hope others are paying attention to what they accomplished in building it. It's got that rare polish to it.

Oh, and the whole reason I make those comments about open worlds is because I believe the genre is presently cursed by oversaturation that has made people so jaded that they call a game that would've been their GOTY as little as 3-4 years ago worthless. People have had so much exposure to the staple tropes and features that they're glazing over and forgetting what they liked about the games. Basically, if you don't follow open-world gaming closely, it's just a good game lol. Again... internet bubbles where things always seem bigger than they are.

Last edited:
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think there was a time when bugs were a major problem. There were points in the game's patching where it really wasn't fully playable for me. The console issues weighed heavily too, I think. But you're not wrong that media jumped on to that and did not let go - they cashed in. Maybe because as you suggested, there wasn't anything to talk about. I can remember seeing multiple new videos dunking on it show up on youtube every other day, for like... over a year. But I already know their media strategies, and it was pretty obvious they were having some slow days when it came to the things they brought up about the game, and how those things were presented in these weird vaccums where nothing else seems relevant. Bubble mindset, commenters gather to give their trog collective takes with empty meaning and have their fake discussions, feel like they belong to something, huddling around geodesic negativity vents for warmth. Nother day in online media. In their world, Cyberpunk is a disaster that's falling apart and it feels 'big' to them - just the biggest deal ever. But it's a tiny world that can only exist in a short pocket of time. They're still outnumbered by the people silently enjoying the game and quite rationally avoiding that shit like the plague. Cyberpunk hate will come and go, but those people will still be out there, hating on something over in their little inverted realities (or as I like to call them: "coping strategies.")

Otherwise, I agree fully. It's an incredibly immersive experience, and that comes from a convergence of strengths the game has. And yes, the full RT is friggin immaculate. Straight-up incredible, but that's because the execution on the artistic side is basically bar-none. I have never seen such care an attention to detail in a video game. It's a sensory delight, satisfying visually, sonically, and tactilely (usually all at once.) I've said it before and I'll say it again. Night City itself is an unparalleled feat of artistic ambition in games and I hope others are paying attention to what they accomplished in building it. It's got that rare polish to it.

That is an existing problem with many games actually, there will be always a handful of ppl who will shit on games no matter what even after years of the relase regardless of the game's current condition.
Yet there are more than enough ppl who are having fun with the said game and avoid the online drama.

I think the issue is the hype some games generate, to be honest Cyberpunk was so damn hyped that it was unrealistic to think that it will deliver all that like a messiah or something.
Luckily I was never hyped for the game only interested cause I did like the Witcher serie a lot so obviously I was interested in their next game and now after ~ 2 years I will finally start playing it with the current version on GoG.

Dunno I guess I like to take games for what they are and find my enjoyment in them regardless of what they were marketed for or hyped for, I try not to jump on such things anymore.
I'm the kind of person who played Diablo 2 for ~7 years and yet genuinely like Diablo 3 and put nearly 3000 hours into it as a solo player cause I enjoy the gameplay itself and don't care that its not a 'true' Diablo game but a fun ARPG to burn time with. 'combat is still one of the best in the genre'
Same with Borderlands 3, been playing the serie since BL 1 day 1 and for me BL 3 is the best from a gameplay perspective in the current final version even tho a group of die hard old fans hate BL 3 and would shit on it any chance they get.

That is one reason why I stoped visiting official communities for any game I actively play and enjoy, I'm not interested in those haters who still can't let go of things after years of the realase and ignoring every update/fix the game had since.
I will just enjoy my games in peace, if I don't then I can make that decision myself/on my own.:)

System Name HP Pavilion Gaming PC TG01-2170M CTO
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
Motherboard HP Erica6
Cooling HP Custom CPU Cooler and Fan
Memory 8gb of DDR4 3200mhz HP RAM (2x4gb in dual channel)
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 2x AMD Radeon RX 6600 8gb
Storage Western Digital 256gb blue nvme pci-e 3.0 x4 drive
Display(s) Gigabyte 27' G27F 2 170hz 1080p Freesync Premium Monitor
Case HP Pavilion ITX Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Power Supply HP Custom 400 watt 80 plus Gold
Mouse Delux m811 8200 dpi gaming mouse
Keyboard Havit Cherry MX red full anti-ghosting keyboard
Software Windows 11 Home x64
playing MADDEN NFL 23 and Axis Football 2021

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
That is an existing problem with many games actually, there will be always a handful of ppl who will shit on games no matter what even after years of the relase regardless of the game's current condition.
Yet there are more than enough ppl who are having fun with the said game and avoid the online drama.

I think the issue is the hpye some games generate, to be honest Cyberpunk was so damn hyped that it was unrealistic to think that it will deliver all that like a messiah or something.
Luckily I was never hyped for the game only interested cause I did like the Witcher serie a lot so obviously I was interested in their next game and now after ~ 2 years I will finally start playing it with the current version on GoG.

Dunno I guess I like to take games for what they are and find my enjoyment in them regardless of what they were marketed for or hyped for, I try not to jump on such things anymore.
I'm the kind of person who played Diablo 2 for ~7 years and yet genuinely like Diablo 3 and put nearly 3000 hours into it as a solo player cause I enjoy the gameplay itself and don't care that its not a 'true' Diablo game but a fun ARPG to burn time with. 'combat is still one of the best in the genre'
Same with Borderlands 3, been playing the serie since BL 1 day 1 and for me BL 3 is the best from a gameplay perspective in the current final version even tho a group of die hard old fans hate BL 3 and would shit on it any chance they get.

That is one reason why I stoped visiting official communities for any game I actively play and enjoy, I'm not interested in those haters who still can't let go of thing after years of the realase and ignoring every update/fix the game had since.
I will just enjoy my games in peace, if I don't then I can make that decision myself/on my own.:)
I can appreciate that mindset. Personally, I'm just a hyper-critical person. It's a form of love for me. If ever I seem like I'm being harsh on something, or just won't let a negative go, it's because I think it has more value than most other things. Same as how I look at a true friend. I see them flaws and all, and I don't eliminate any of it in my mind, because it's all a part of who that friend is, and who they are to me. Ignore the flaws, and you ignore the person, and the challenges they face, let alone the growth they may realize. You can't appreciate that growth in a person without acknowledging the point before it. Same with art. All good art has this soul to it that makes it very analogous to people. You have to take it for all that it is to hold the full appreciation of it within you. You can't take the people close to you how you want them to be. You have to take them as they truly are, or not at all. Otherwise they're really just acquaintances, or temporary alignments. It becomes a bit self-serving, and with those expectations, frustration and dissonance are inevitably going to show up at some point. It's that contrast between expectations and reality.

Expectations are definitely the devil. You know what I did with Cyberpunk? I bought it on day 1 and tuned everything out. Why? Just to see what it was really about, what that experience would be. I didn't need it to be good or bad, just new and stimulating. And I'm glad I did. It was definitely a bumpy ride at times, but I have no regrets. I can only say "Damn, they came a long way!" I can also say that there were always things about it that blew me away, too. I had a full experience with it, and could never ask for more than that out of any piece of art.

One thing I'll leave this on... I think that in these times, we all kind of find ourselves a bit separated from our sense of meaning. People are losing out materially all over the world. And if you pay attention to media, you see the sky falling. And like, the internet is right there with all sorts of communal spaces that can somewhat fill that void... or at least soothe the need to fill it. But I do find that falling into that actually robs you of peace on such a deep level that once you're there, you can't see it in yourself... can't find what's missing. Like, you can do that to yourself here, on TPU. Anywhere where people are coming together online, these dynamics exist. And you can see that manifesting outwardly in the attitudes of the people most invested in the hottest goings on of any online collective. The best answer I've found is to actually unplug and remember what it is to be inside of your own experiencing of things, without an overmind to instruct you on what that is. You start to realize all of the things you miss right within your own processing of things, and returning to those communities becomes almost impossible, because their overmind is utterly myopic compared to the range of things already existing within you. Their mindset looks like jail to you.

Nietzsche himself would say you made the right choice there :laugh:

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Boom! Dynamite is very satisfying in Uncharted :)
uncharted-dynamite.jpg

Software Windows 10 Pro
I can appreciate that mindset. Personally, I'm just a hyper-critical person. It's a form of love for me. If ever I seem like I'm being harsh on something, or just won't let a negative go, it's because I think it has more value than most other things. Same as how I look at a true friend. I see them flaws and all, and I don't eliminate any of it in my mind, because it's all a part of who that friend is, and who they are to me. Ignore the flaws, and you ignore the person, and the challenges they face, let alone the growth they may realize. You can't appreciate that growth in a person without acknowledging the point before it. Same with art. All good art has this soul to it that makes it very analogous to people. You have to take it for all that it is to hold the full appreciation of it within you. You can't take the people close to you how you want them to be. You have to take them as they truly are, or not at all. Otherwise they're really just acquaintances, or temporary alignments. It becomes a bit self-serving, and with those expectations, frustration and dissonance are inevitably going to show up at some point. It's that contrast between expectations and reality.

Expectations are definitely the devil. You know what I did with Cyberpunk? I bought it on day 1 and tuned everything out. Why? Just to see what it was really about, what that experience would be. I didn't need it to be good or bad, just new and stimulating. And I'm glad I did. It was definitely a bumpy ride at times, but I have no regrets. I can only say "Damn, they came a long way!" I can also say that there were always things about it that blew me away, too. I had a full experience with it, and could never ask for more than that out of any piece of art.

One thing I'll leave this on... I think that in these times, we all kind of find ourselves a bit separated from our sense of meaning. People are losing out materially all over the world. And if you pay attention to media, you see the sky falling. And like, the internet is right there with all sorts of communal spaces that can somewhat fill that void... or at least soothe the need to fill it. But I do find that falling into that actually robs you of peace on such a deep level that once you're there, you can't see it in yourself... can't find what's missing. Like, you can do that to yourself here, on TPU. Anywhere where people are coming together online, these dynamics exist. And you can see that manifesting outwardly in the attitudes of the people most invested in the hottest goings on of any online collective. The best answer I've found is to actually unplug and remember what it is to be inside of your own experiencing of things, without an overmind to instruct you on what that is. You start to realize all of the things you miss right within your own processing of things, and returning to those communities becomes almost impossible, because their overmind is utterly myopic compared to the range of things already existing within you. Their mindset looks like jail to you.

Nietzsche himself would say you made the right choice there :laugh:

I can also understand that view, I guess I'm just not wired that way.:oops:
I'm rarely critical in general and try to always look at the full picture and if the positives outweight the negatives then its all good with me even tho I'm aware of the negative parts. Not sure how to explain it, its a feeling I get from things and ppl I talk to/consider as a friend.
If I'm being critical then it must be something that really rubs me the wrong way and its just too much to deal with but its not common for me. 'If anything I'm more critical about myself in general..'

And yea I'm actually not active in too many communities, TPU being the number 1 as a matter of fact and a secondary game site/forum from my country.
Media I follow more or less but I'm not obsessed with it cause yes it does robs me from my own peace sometimes.

I do have a friend who honestly told me that Cyberpunk was one of the best games he ever played tho hes a bit biased cause hes a fan of the whole Cyberpunk themed games/movies,etc.

Anyway I'm still yet to finish Plague Tale Requiem, damn I'm a slow gamer nowadays.. At the start of chapter 11, I will try to finish the game in a few days then continue FEAR 1 and then Cyberpunk. 'hey at least no one can accuse me of playing only new games for the graphics.:laugh:'

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
I think there was a time when bugs were a major problem. There were points in the game's patching where it really wasn't fully playable for me. The console issues weighed heavily too, I think. But you're not wrong that media jumped on to that and did not let go - they cashed in. Maybe because as you suggested, there wasn't anything to talk about. I can remember seeing multiple new videos dunking on it show up on youtube every other day, for like... over a year. People put their channels on the map running status reports. But I already know their media strategies, and it was pretty obvious they were having some slow days when it came to the things they brought up about the game, the conversations they would try to inspire, and how those things were presented in these weird vaccums where nothing else seems relevant. Bubble mindset, commenters gather to give their trog collective takes with empty meaning and have their fake discussions, feel like they belong to something, huddling around geodesic negativity vents for warmth. Nother day in online media. In their world, Cyberpunk is a disaster that's falling apart and it feels 'big' to them - just the biggest deal ever. But it's a tiny world that can only exist in a short pocket of time. They're still outnumbered by the people silently enjoying the game and quite rationally avoiding that shit like the plague. Cyberpunk hate will come and go, but those people will still be out there, hating on something over in their little inverted realities (or as I like to call them: "coping strategies.")
And they still do this, in 2022. I have to admit, that I play non official version, because I have no money, but it gives me perspective. It's v1.06, so it's pretty old at this point, but despite some bugs and glitches, I haven't seen anything so broken that game isn't enjoyable or unplayable. I think that people very quickly forget what piles of trash used to be common a decade ago. I'm talking about games that are so broken and fucked up, that they can be used for masochism. C2077 is not even close to that level. And those piles were Driv3r (it functioned to great extent, but was badly broken and otherwise poo), FlatOut 3. I would consider basically everything that Bethesda made a pile too. They promise a lot, come up with great ideas, spend a lot of time making game, but then don't realize that deadline came fast, rush, axe a lot of features, make games 2 or 3 times less fun than planned, don't ever optimize them and in the end release barely playable buggy release, that is only stable enough for initial presentation and then they never add features that were initially promised. I'm not even going to talk about shit story pacing, clunky game mechanics, redundant and largely unimportant crafting mechanics and just bad story telling or just lack of basing game on story, that makes that open world mostly big and tedious for very little reason. But anyway, C2077 is far from really badly made games and obvious buggy messes.

I'm betting that in a couple of years, people will mostly only have good things to say about their experiences with Cyberpunk. Again, if you remove it from it's place in time (in the media context,) you have a one of a kind, high quality game experience. That is still what people are ultimately left with regardless of what has been said over the course of its run in media. No game is perfect, but at least Cyberpunk actually has things worth calling 'exceptional' in it. I think that aspect outshines the nay-saying, even if I myself have lingering gripes with the game.
Yep. Some people compared it to Deus Ex games and basically called last Deus Ex game (Mankind Divided?) a Cyberpunk that's not buggy and while those games may be great in their own right, imo they are nothing like Cyberpunk 2077, despite some minor similarities. I facepalm really hard, when people do that, but to be fair I remember people being dump and calling games like Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza 0, Saints Row being GTA clones, that shit hurted badly, because many great games were forgotten and quickly discarded, despite not really being GTAs.

Absolutely, not to mention that they also managed to please our inner weebs a bit too and actually included some interesting multicultural details in dialogues, text and other things. It's integrated in classy way that isn't overdone or annoying in some way. You can say whatever to me, but what's even more impressive is that such game came out from Polish studio. It's definitely a country not associated with great games. I had an attitude that Poland is quite backwards, strongly homophobic and hardly advanced country and while they have made some Witcher games before, Cyberpunk was way above Witcher games in overall quality of gameplay. I have to admit, that it increased my attitude about Poland a bit. It's almost like Stalker coming out from Ukrainian studio, but now everyone actually cares about it and buys it and talks for years. That didn't happen to Stalker (although it gained some cult appeal), but it certainly happened to Cyberpunk. It's a huge achievement for quite unlikely challenger. These things makes me even more surprised and appreciative of this game and what a great achievement it really is.

Oh, and the whole reason I make those comments about open worlds is because I believe the genre is presently cursed by oversaturation that has made people so jaded that they call a game that would've been their GOTY as little as 3-4 years ago worthless. People have had so much exposure to the staple tropes and features that they're glazing over and forgetting what they liked about the games. Basically, if you don't follow open-world gaming closely, it's just a good game lol. Again... internet bubbles where things always seem bigger than they are.
I don't particularly care about open world, most of the time that "openess" just makes games feel dead, full of sterile bots and even deader environment.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
interesting souls like ... i like it!

Asterigos: curse of the star

got it GoG version pre order bonus (not deluxe ... will get the DLC when it will get out next year )
it's what you could call a "casual" souls like :laugh: 6 type of weapons and fighting style, the overall design is nice and ... oh, green eyed freckled redhead MC? good good ....
seems nordic themed with fantasy element ... quite in my alley (nordic MC faction with Greek and Roman monsters? ohhhhh bloody joy )
controller mandatory, or at least they recommend it heavily... no problems :D

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg
6.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg7.jpg

8.jpg9.jpg
yeah proper souls like ... mobs, boss, attack dodge flask dodge attack skills dodge attack flask, /profit

run like a charm maxed in 2880x1620 with FSR 2 on quality preset
1667131860037.png1667131775788.png

lets see how the story will keep me on :)

the MC remind me of Aloy from Horizon : Zero Dawn, not exagerrated not overly skimpy, just natural.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Picked up Trials of Mana after long hiatus (last save from December 2021), finished the story along with the post game epilogue. It was perfectly fine.
20221030112429_1.jpg
20221030132444_1.jpg
1667133727285.jpeg
20221030133702_1.jpg

There's New Game Plus but honestly, I don't feel like replaying it again.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
We have a new HOMM3 competitor. Holy crap this is good, even in its current early access state. The game's 'done', basically, only fine tuning left.

Songs of Conquest

Strategic elements are almost all straight bullseye in how they present hard choices and smaller, but still significant choices, in positioning, economy, etc. I can't say much of balance yet, but the swamp guys are stupidly powerful it seems, while the 'knights and fey' seem rather weak... at least in my limited experience so far.

4 factions in the game right now, and a focus on spellcasting from your 'hero', who generates his 'mana' (essence) based on your army setup, as each troop provides one or more, of six schools of mana every round. A lot of things that we know as tightly managed from HOMM are much more freeform here. Spells for example aren't 'cast 1 per turn', but rather, 'cast as much as you like' provided the essence is available to do so. Another example is how dynamic the resource systems are; having excess of one thing and none of another is very common, Marketplaces can fix this for you, and they're a lot less expensive than in HOMM. And the most eye catching one: stacks are limited in size. No more stacks of 100 Black Dragons. The highest Elder Dragon stack I can obtain is... 3 :) Less powerful units come in bigger max stack sizes. This puts a hard cap on your army power and shifts the balance towards your hero (wielder) development and avoids the 'doomstack' problem.

Also, graphics are very cute. They could win a few more nostalgia points in the audio department imho, as ambient sounds aren't nearly as cool as in HOMM and the soundtrack isn't very interesting (nor annoying, btw, its just timid), and that's really a big part of the magical pull that game has. OTOH, it does carry lots of QoL improvements, most stuff works brilliantly and hassle free.

Its also cool to see how it adapts to ultrawides. The battles are screen-filling affairs, perfectly scaled to the width. And on the map, soooo much to see:

Full zoom in (on a fully developed town - there are no different screens here, you can build and manage from the map)

SongsOfConquest_2022_10_30_13_33_20_090.jpg

Max zoom out:

SongsOfConquest_2022_10_30_13_33_00_968.jpg

Last edited:
Software Windows 10 Pro
We have a new HOMM3 competitor. Holy crap this is good, even in its current early access state. The game's 'done', basically, only fine tuning left.

Songs of Conquest

Strategic elements are almost all straight bullseye in how they present hard choices and smaller, but still significant choices, in positioning, economy, etc. I can't say much of balance yet, but the swamp guys are stupidly powerful it seems, while the 'knights and fey' seem rather weak... at least in my limited experience so far.

4 factions in the game right now, and a focus on spellcasting from your 'hero', who generates his 'mana' (essence) based on your army setup, as each troop provides one or more, of six schools of mana every round. A lot of things that we know as tightly managed from HOMM are much more freeform here. Spells for example aren't 'cast 1 per turn', but rather, 'cast as much as you like' provided the essence is available to do so. Another example is how dynamic the resource systems are; having excess of one thing and none of another is very common, Marketplaces can fix this for you, and they're a lot less expensive than in HOMM. And the most eye catching one: stacks are limited in size. No more stacks of 100 Black Dragons. The highest Elder Dragon stack I can obtain is... 3 :) Less powerful units come in bigger max stack sizes. This puts a hard cap on your army power and shifts the balance towards your hero (wielder) development and avoids the 'doomstack' problem.

Also, graphics are very cute. They could win a few more nostalgia points in the audio department imho, as ambient sounds aren't nearly as cool as in HOMM and the soundtrack isn't very interesting (nor annoying, btw, its just timid), and that's really a big part of the magical pull that game has. OTOH, it does carry lots of QoL improvements, most stuff works brilliantly and hassle free.

Its also cool to see how it adapts to ultrawides. The battles are screen-filling affairs, perfectly scaled to the width. And on the map, soooo much to see:

Full zoom in (on a fully developed town - there are no different screens here, you can build and manage from the map)

View attachment 267806

Max zoom out:

View attachment 267807

Never heard of this game but now I'm interested, loved HOMM 3 back in my school years and later on Disciples 2. 'Did not play any game in that genre in a very long time..'
No more 100 black dragons is a good thing I would say.:laugh:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Never heard of this game but now I'm interested, loved HOMM 3 back in my school years and later on Disciples 2. 'Did not play any game in that genre in a very long time..'
No more 100 black dragons is a good thing I would say.:laugh:
It is! I just had my first endgame against AI, and while it does stupid things, it can also catch you by surprise and the limited stack size plus the way heroes can improve / min-max for certain creatures makes it rather unclear if you can win all the time.

Also during battles.. AI is hit/miss affair, sometimes they place a spell brilliantly, other times they fall for stupid stuff like hitting a barrier they didnt need to remove. But overall not bad.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Got gamepass for a buck, installed SIGNALIS. Seems interesting, reminds me of Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Mostly light puzzles so far with sporadic attacks by zombie looking mad robots or whatever.

System Name i'm done in
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory GSkil 64gb 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Power Color R7900xtx Hell Hound oh hell ya
Storage 2x wd sn770 2tb 1-4tb wd- hd 2x8tb wd hd actually 1 fire cuda
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 1440p 32" 165hz hdr monitor might go oled
Case Corsair 4000D Air Flow
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G5 80+ Gold
Mouse logitech and roccet wcord
Keyboard logitech
Software W10 forever
Cyberpunk still has has a bug or two but nothing game ending ie. pedestrian’s disappearing not much more so far.
Plagues tale requiem; my rx6800 is dropping into the 40’s but I am running max graphic’s.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
And they still do this, in 2022. I have to admit, that I play non official version, because I have no money, but it gives me perspective. It's v1.06, so it's pretty old at this point, but despite some bugs and glitches, I haven't seen anything so broken that game isn't enjoyable or unplayable. I think that people very quickly forget what piles of trash used to be common a decade ago. I'm talking about games that are so broken and fucked up, that they can be used for masochism. C2077 is not even close to that level.
Hah, you're not actually wrong. Honestly, I'd say Cyberpunk is pretty easy to get into a flow with. My ADHD brain loves it, you can really pivot at any moment. It's pretty openly reactive to the player just tossing out impulses. There are always several ways to approach every step of damned near everything you can possibly do. The AI still isn't the smartest but the way everything is set up allows you to basically do enemy engagement in multiple playstyles at once. The overworld experience has a similar snappiness to it. Vehicles are arcadey to the max (personally I like it in that it's fast-paced but also pretty relaxed - if it were too serious, getting across the world would be fatiguing,) but exploring, getting stuff, and doing jobs feels pretty seamless. And then everything looks great. I can actually lose some time taking in the dynamic, multisensory atmospheres as I flow impulsively from task to task. The feel of traversal, shooting, hacking, special cyberware, melee, all of that, yields this sort of 'transparent' quality. They put a lot of thought into the little touches with sounds, animations, and general behaviors of all of these things. It kind of lifts a few more layers of that whole "I am physically interacting with a machine." barrier.

Like, it really isn't a hard game to get into. At least, I don't think so. It can just be a simple, intuition-driven excursion. It's almost like you get different forms of immersion from different levels of investment. It's a game you can come at in different moods, or at different energy levels, and appreciate in different ways. That's part of why I consider it a grower. It's a wholly positive thing.

Yep. Some people compared it to Deus Ex games and basically called last Deus Ex game (Mankind Divided?) a Cyberpunk that's not buggy and while those games may be great in their own right, imo they are nothing like Cyberpunk 2077, despite some minor similarities. I facepalm really hard, when people do that, but to be fair I remember people being dump and calling games like Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza 0, Saints Row being GTA clones, that shit hurted badly, because many great games were forgotten and quickly discarded, despite not really being GTAs.
Oh god, I remember when the GTA comparisons were flying. It does seem unfair that every remotely similar game must be compared to a touchstone title. I think that's part of things becoming more stagnant, tbh. People who do that essentially clamor for sameness. They speak for that obnoxious status quo that the developers then answer to. It does have a way of dooming truly unique titles to undue obscurity.

I will however say that when it comes to Deus Ex, I would compare Cyberpunk favorably to the whole Deus Ex concept. They definitely studied and learned from those games. I think Cyberpunk actually embodies what a lot of people love about Deus Ex in a way that can be both deeper and more accessible. The absolute best way to play Cyberpunk is to gradually build a diverse playstyle, by exploring different ways of approaching situations in your actual run and bit by bit branching your character into the skills that most suit the answers you favor along the way. You can even change your mind a bit as you go. Maybe you find a special weapon that makes you want to incorporate new approaches. Just do it! Try it out. You can do that, and decide if you want to move further in that direction organically. Your character is basically molded by their experiences and outcomes. The path you carve can start with just a few approaches and then become clearer as it expands to more. Every playthrough is one of a kind. That's a major part of the Deus Ex ideal, isn't it? If anything, it is what Deus Ex could be if it were more fun and streamlined/immediate. It has quite a wide web of potential gameplay avenues, but never does it feel overwhelmingly open or overly cramped. It's not one of those games that makes you crawl up into its meta with how you play and make your character.

I think the word for it is 'horizontal progression.' It's actually the harder way to do things. It's easy to make it about power scaling, verticality. But with Cyberpunk, it's more like you are just unlocking different ways in and out of situations. I personally think it's far more interesting to access new capabilities than have something do x amount more damage than it used to. In Cyberpunk, that aspect of stats/builds is used to 'carve out' the skills you most want to use. I think some people try to fight the game's systems and make it about the power scaling and wind up having a bad time with it. It can be really intuitive though. You just have to realize that it's more about the range of things your character can do than necessarily being really good at one thing. You can max 3 attributes that each grant access to multiple discreet skill sets for a reason. There really aren't too many rules on how to combine them, either. It just changes the sets of options you have in combat, stealth and entry. Attributes determine the types of cyberware you wear best. You can even buy cyberware that fills in weak areas rather than boosting the strongest. Sometimes I run a preem Cyberdeck on an ass-kicking, slug-chucking, giblet-eviscerating monster. It doesn't force you to max optimization. In fact, I'd say it actually rewards that slightly less than branching out. It's in the organic side of the gameplay, separate from the numbers.

Absolutely, not to mention that they also managed to please our inner weebs a bit too and actually included some interesting multicultural details in dialogues, text and other things. It's integrated in classy way that isn't overdone or annoying in some way. You can say whatever to me, but what's even more impressive is that such game came out from Polish studio. It's definitely a country not associated with great games. I had an attitude that Poland is quite backwards, strongly homophobic and hardly advanced country and while they have made some Witcher games before, Cyberpunk was way above Witcher games in overall quality of gameplay. I have to admit, that it increased my attitude about Poland a bit. It's almost like Stalker coming out from Ukrainian studio, but now everyone actually cares about it and buys it and talks for years. That didn't happen to Stalker (although it gained some cult appeal), but it certainly happened to Cyberpunk. It's a huge achievement for quite unlikely challenger. These things makes me even more surprised and appreciative of this game and what a great achievement it really is.
It's an excellent point that they surpassed anything they did with TW3. They expanded so much in their systems and their approach to building complete atmospheres with Cyberpunk. It's far more advanced. It's funny how nobody seems to mention that. They really did come a long way from their last big hit.

Oh... I remember reading something about them changing a lot of things around internally. I think they're opening up shop outside of Poland, hiring on more creative staff. I still put some faith on them to learn from their setbacks. You're playing an older version so you haven't seen, but they've done a really good job of listening to their supporters and re-jigging the game in step with that back and forth. They have changes and added so many features that have made a lot of things smoother and more interesting. The version that's up right now is more polished than I even expected them to go for. They have come a long way with it and there's a chance for a bright future for CDPR titles. We shall see.

And speaking of weeb matters, I've been meaning to check out the anime.
I don't particularly care about open world, most of the time that "openess" just makes games feel dead, full of sterile bots and even deader environment.
It's so ubiquitous at this point, it's almost meaningless. It kind of became a problem when major studios realized that they could just adapt anything to the open-world platform and make billions. People who seek to protect assets cannot see full ambition. Translation: big, but empty. Not focusing on open-world is probably the smart thing to do right now. I think the forward-looking attitude says there's progress to be made elsewhere going unconsidered. Not everything needs to be open-world. Maybe being open-world is not what makes a game good. Why does that feel like a hot take right now? It's a crime though! They're lining up good ideas to be castrated on a multi-billion dollar assembly line. Cyberpunk itself is a victim of that. The world of big open-world games is actively hostile to deeper novelty. It simply is not permitted by the commonly prescribed formulae.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Playing MW2 and enjoying the single player campaign. I am getting owned in multiplayer. My old brain doesnt move fast enough these days.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Forza Horizon 5.

This game is so good.
I did the same as with FH4, i like those games to much and i exaggerate on play time, so i postponed buying 5 and now i'm forcing myself to only play in the weekend. It helps that i only play with the wheel and i store it away :D

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Uncharted really sucks you in and hell, does it looks good.
uncharted-madagascar (1).jpguncharted-madagascar (2).jpg

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Uncharted really sucks you in and hell, does it looks good.
View attachment 267891View attachment 267892

I have to say, Uncharted is one of my favorite series of all time. I am really glad to see it come to PC, where we can use mouse and keyboard + higher fps and resolutions. Really wish they could have brought the entire Uncharted series in one giant package though, the first three games are also 10/10 imo.