• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

Hi.
Can this modded driver operate on headphones that are connected to a DAC?
I'm using iFi Zen DAC v2. This DAC is connected via USB to my PC.

Seems like DTS:X Ultra and DolbyAtmos application are not working when I'm switching to my DAC on my PC.

Is there a workaround or anything that can make the DAC work with the modded drivers and DTS:X Ultra + DolbyAtmos?

Attachments

• deviceManager.png
    deviceManager.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 292
  • dtsX.png
    dtsX.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 282
  • DA.png
    DA.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 244
  • sound icon.png
    sound icon.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 272
System Name "Hakurei Reimu"
Processor AMD Ryzen 5500
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550m-Plus Gaming
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 2x8GB Kingston Fury 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GALAX GTX 1050Ti ExOC
Storage SSD: 1x 500GB Kingston NV1 | HDD: 1x1TB Seagate Barracuda, 3x500GB Samsung drives
Display(s) Main: AOC Hero 27G2/BK (G4) | Secondary: LG Flatron W1943C
Case Random chinese case
Audio Device(s) Philips PWR2006-01 Home Theater System | Logitech G433 Gaming Headset | TinHiFi T2 IEM
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS 500W v2
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard DREVO Calibur V2 TE (Modded)
Software Windows 11 Pro
I need a way to bring DTS Neo PC and its upmix back to Windows 11, any thoughts on this?
I have a Philips PWR2006-01 connected to the analog outputs of my ASUS TUF B550m-Plus and I get no bass on the speakers due to windows outputting the audio only through the main FL/FR speakers instead of using at least 2.1

(Everything works fine if playing a 5.1 audio file, my problem is when I want to play song/stereo files through the system)

1667585466022.png
20221104_144311.jpg

Using AAF DCH Audio Mod

Hi.
Can this modded driver operate on headphones that are connected to a DAC?
I'm using iFi Zen DAC v2. This DAC is connected via USB to my PC.

Seems like DTS:X Ultra and DolbyAtmos application are not working when I'm switching to my DAC on my PC.

Is there a workaround or anything that can make the DAC work with the modded drivers and DTS:X Ultra + DolbyAtmos?
@AAF Optimus sorry for this unsolicited mention, but I'm quite lost here. can you please help me?

In addition to my post above, I also get this:
1667811409713.png

Last edited:

brozex

Hi,
Let me start by saying thank you for the driver. I'm using it on Nvidia HDMI connection to TV-AVR to get dolby digital on Win 11 22h2. When it is working it works flawlessly, but for some reason when i switch display to DP monitor and the going back to TV there's no sound in speakers anymore but I can see on volume gauge in Windows that the sound is outputting. Sound on monitor is always working, even if i switch it to dolby digital. Sometimes i have to switch between Monitor and TV multiple times in windows to get it working. Another strange thing i have found is when i switch it to Dolby Atmos in windows (for the hdmi tv source) the sound appears on my DP monitor (when in screen extend mode) What could be cause of that behavior??
Update: cloning option always plays sound on TV-AVR setup without any issues - but in my case is unusable :(

Last edited:
Hi,
Let me start by saying thank you for the driver. I'm using it on Nvidia HDMI connection to TV-AVR to get dolby digital on Win 11 22h2. When it is working it works flawlessly, but for some reason when i switch display to DP monitor and the going back to TV there's no sound in speakers anymore but I can see on volume gauge in Windows that the sound is outputting. Sound on monitor is always working, even if i switch it to dolby digital. Sometimes i have to switch between Monitor and TV multiple times in windows to get it working. Another strange thing i have found is when i switch it to Dolby Atmos in windows (for the hdmi tv source) the sound appears on my DP monitor (when in screen extend mode) What could be cause of that behavior??
Update: cloning option always plays sound on TV-AVR setup without any issues - but in my case is unusable :(
Same here, RTX 3060 TI > Samsung Q80T Arc > DH820 Receiver
Lost sound when change resolution / refresh rate

Zephyr72

Hoping someone can help me. I had the drivers installed and was pleased, but then for some reason they disappeared. I have reinstalled them many times and uninstalled all drivers related to this with Driver Store Explorer. Now when I reinstall, AAF Optimus still will not show up in the list of available devices no matter how many times I delete the old AAF and Realtek drivers and reinstall using the newest version. Below is what it currently looks like even though I have installed the drivers again. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 127

adzkii

my dts sound unbound is now showing expired license. how do i fix this?

sshot-001.png

app store had auto update enabled, i extracted the dtssu.msix from the exe and downgraded. it's working for now.

Last edited:

Woofer

Hi,
I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows 11 22H2.
I have an RTX 3080 connected via HDMI to LG CX > optical to AVR.

Before one of the Windows updates it used to work perfectly. Now I'm getting no sound even though I can see on the Windows volume gauge that the sound is outputting.
It only works the first time once I remove all the drivers, re-install the nvidia driver, install AAF Optimus driver. On the next reboot there is no sound whatsoever.

dfctr

Hello Alan. Thanks a lot for your contributions!
I have a Samsung HW-Q60R Soundbar connected via HDMI to a RTX3080.
Had to do the EDID override trick with CRU for it to show all 5.1 channels. However, although Dolby Digital is listed within "Default Format", it only outputs two channels. No matter what I do.
Nvidia HDMI driver was replaced with yours.
Please advice. I also have a Realtek-based motherboard. At one time, I could do DDL via SPDIF to the same soundbar.
Thanks!

Hi Alan, I just changed new laptop (realtek sst) and really missed the dht4+srs+sonic focus combo
Is it still possible to combine these?

enzomartins

Hi, Alan. Thank you very much for the drivers pack.

All of the programs (Dolby, DTS, Sonic Studio, Sound Blaster seems to be working flawlessly as you can see on the printscreens
:
1669951922405.png
1669951955136.png
1669951988589.png
1669952010778.png

But, unfortunately, as soon as I installed the pack, my microphone stopped working.
1669952051631.png
1669952097913.png

1669952175950.png

Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to fix it?

Hi, Alan. Thank you very much for the drivers pack.

All of the programs (Dolby, DTS, Sonic Studio, Sound Blaster seems to be working flawlessly as you can see on the printscreens
:View attachment 272555View attachment 272556View attachment 272557View attachment 272558

But, unfortunately, as soon as I installed the pack, my microphone stopped working.
View attachment 272559View attachment 272560

View attachment 272561

Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to fix it?
Hi, may I know how did you get the DolbyAtmos app?
How was it installed?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows 11 22H2.
I have an RTX 3080 connected via HDMI to LG CX > optical to AVR.

Before one of the Windows updates it used to work perfectly. Now I'm getting no sound even though I can see on the Windows volume gauge that the sound is outputting.
It only works the first time once I remove all the drivers, re-install the nvidia driver, install AAF Optimus driver. On the next reboot there is no sound whatsoever.

the 22H2 version of Win11 still has some bugs to work out by MS
maybe downgrade to Win11 21H2 if possible

Hi, may I know how did you get the DolbyAtmos app?
How was it installed?

the Dolby Atmos app should be included in the modded driver pack; there should be an option to install it during setup (look at the setup options carefully)

the Dolby Atmos app should be included in the modded driver pack; there should be an option to install it during setup (look at the setup options carefully)
I think I selected it and then when I tried to launch it, I got "this device is not supported".

Could it be that a RealTek audio device is only limited to DTS?

enzomartins

I keep getting this error when trying to use Dolby Atmos after some hours of normal use. "There is a problem accessing the Dolby Atmos driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driverif the problem persists.". The problem i that it keeps happening after a while even if I reinstall the driver.
1670769935384.png

And the DTS licences completely "vanished". I can't seem to get it working again even after a clean reinstall.
1670770016849.png

I think I selected it and then when I tried to launch it, I got "this device is not supported".

Could it be that a RealTek audio device is only limited to DTS?
You may have installed the wrong modpack. There's one made for "generic audio device" and one for "Realtek Audio Device".

Last edited:
I keep getting this error when trying to use Dolby Atmos after some hours of normal use. "There is a problem accessing the Dolby Atmos driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driverif the problem persists.". The problem i that it keeps happening after a while even if I reinstall the driver.
View attachment 274019
And the DTS licences completely "vanished". I can't seem to get it working again even after a clean reinstall.
View attachment 274020

You may have installed the wrong modpack. There's one made for "generic audio device" and one for "Realtek Audio Device".
Which one from here? https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFOptimusDCHAudio-Generic/releases

System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
This driver supports Asus Strix Soar dedicated sound card?

HagglesworthMD

Wait a minute, does this mean I can send Dolby Atmos to my Polk soundbar via optical using True HD audio stream?? If so thank you so much, will def be donating

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

System Name PC Spec's ig
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Stock Ryzen Cooler
Memory G.Skill Trident Z NEO Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound.

Now in a different way!!

This version is based on the generic Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys), the one that is already built into Windows. This allows this package to be used on ALL audio chips that are capable of working with the generic driver - regardless of brand.

Downloads & Updates Here - New Link For GitHub

Latest Version: Based on Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys)

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESET)

Supports HDMI Audio
  • AMD
  • NVIDIA
  • INTEL
Supports Integrated/Dedicated Audio
  • REALTEK (ALSO INTEL SST)
  • CREATIVE
  • VIA
  • IDT
  • CONEXANT
  • C-MEDIA
  • CIRRUS LOGIC
  • ANALOG DEVICES SOUNDMAX
Supports Integrated/Dedicated Audio
  • TOPPING EX5 (Separate Drivers)
  • Dolby Digital Encoder
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
    • Blaster Cinema 5
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Audio!!!
Does anybody know how to make creative sound blaster x-fi mb5 work with AAF? I am getting "There is no supported audio device available.", I am using logitech z906 speakers

System Name My PC Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard AsRock B550M PG Riptide
Cooling Thermalright U120EX REV.4 BLACK
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RX480 8GB GAMING OC
Storage 1: SK Hynix Gold S31 500GB; 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3: WD Blue 500GB
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2263 22" IPS Full HD
Case BitFenix Nova Mesh M ARGB
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z213 2.1 Stereo Speakers
Power Supply EVGA 600BQ 80+ Bronze
Mouse Razer Basilisk v2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Atlas OS (22H2)
any idea why the eq are not working, hp laptop...

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png