• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1

Net7

Well, this version I have used got similar results, does it really have virus or just false positives?

VirusTotal - File - fbfbef4d4f0cf1aa61a99d53a072adc5170e8de27ed5fbf902ffef036c1bd60c

This is from an older driver I have here:

VirusTotal - File - fb7a584d37318d9fb6b6170a0f20ef28d19a3dc2146b4d9370004f0a438d0000
To put it bluntly, VirusTotal is there to HELP you make a decision based on what is available at the time.
If all you have is no-name AV showing flags, there's a high CHANCE there is nothing wrong with a file and its a false positive.
This is especially so when it comes to any days over 0 from the first time it was uploaded/scanned.

Is it an absolute, not at all, but unless you are a programming, reverse engineering expert, chances are you will only know if you wait and wait and wait and wait, ad infinitum

I re-ran all the scans on the links you provided since the old upload was out of date, I also did the release from 2022-09-11 (the latest official), and it also flags the same 2 vendors both times as your older more recent release.
That is TYPICALLY going to be a false positive, especially when you hit 30+ days since release/submission and no major vendor (Microsoft, Kaspersky, Norton, etc etc) has picked it up which is especially rare when it comes to things that are DRIVER related such as this package.

Now, before I go to the dark side, its also important to note that this package was lovingly prepared by OP (ok, he could be RAGE making it I guess) since he found the other solutions lacking, as with ANYTHING that's done by a 3rd party, its not MEANT for those with no experience and with set expectations, thats just reality. With that said, Things included in this package like working Sound/Audio Manipulation software (Sonic Studio, ETC) are PURPOSELY handicapped and locked away by vendors to FORCE you to use what they provide and nothing else, ANY modification of these things are considered an "illegal" (in terms of file edit, not law) modification and almost always flagged by one or more vendor's (even major vendor's false positive flag stuff all the time).
Bottom line with regards to the above, if its not "our way", be prepared to be marked as an enemy, I run so many pieces of software as a PC Technician that flags so many vendors I have stopped caring as long as I got it from a reputable source and there has been no major complaints for an extended period (and this thread is the 2nd thread and already has 200 pages... that should tell you something)

NOW, dark side time: as stated above, there's always the chance something malicious slipped by the major AV vendors, or the modified files are malicious, hell, it could even be the OP didn't know since this is just his tweaks+mods and a compilation of software/tools assembled for end users like myself to make it easier for users to get the full advantage/featureset out of what they already paid for without being locked in.

Do I think this is the case, no, but welcome to being Human, keep an eye out for weirdness, check back in 3 months on the same file (not newer though do check that as well), chances are, false positives will drop off or at least, not change in number.

If your ever worried, have a backup of important data!

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, please keep in mind OP lists Brazil as home country, they are currently going through major elections, I am sure hes aware of the new release's but is busy otherwise, relax, the spice will flow soon (TM), also, it was just his birthday :D Happy (late) Birthday!

Last edited:
System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
To put it bluntly, VirusTotal is there to HELP you make a decision based on what is available at the time.
If all you have is no-name AV showing flags, there's a high CHANCE there is nothing wrong with a file and its a false positive.
This is especially so when it comes to any days over 0 from the first time it was uploaded/scanned.

Is it an absolute, not at all, but unless you are a programming, reverse engineering expert, chances are you will only know if you wait and wait and wait and wait, ad infinitum

I re-ran all the scans on the links you provided since the old upload was out of date, I also did the release from 2022-09-11 (the latest official), and it also flags the same 2 vendors both times as your older more recent release.
That is TYPICALLY going to be a false positive, especially when you hit 30+ days since release/submission and no major vendor (Microsoft, Kaspersky, Norton, etc etc) has picked it up which is especially rare when it comes to things that are DRIVER related such as this package.

Now, before I go to the dark side, its also important to note that this package was lovingly prepared by OP (ok, he could be RAGE making it I guess) since he found the other solutions lacking, as with ANYTHING that's done by a 3rd party, its not MEANT for those with no experience and with set expectations, thats just reality. With that said, Things included in this package like working Sound/Audio Manipulation software (Sonic Studio, ETC) are PURPOSELY handicapped and locked away by vendors to FORCE you to use what they provide and nothing else, ANY modification of these things are considered an "illegal" (in terms of file edit, not law) modification and almost always flagged by one or more vendor's (even major vendor's false positive flag stuff all the time).
Bottom line with regards to the above, if its not "our way", be prepared to be marked as an enemy, I run so many pieces of software as a PC Technician that flags so many vendors I have stopped caring as long as I got it from a reputable source and there has been no major complaints for an extended period (and this thread is the 2nd thread and already has 200 pages... that should tell you something)

NOW, dark side time: as stated above, there's always the chance something malicious slipped by the major AV vendors, or the modified files are malicious, hell, it could even be the OP didn't know since this is just his tweaks+mods and a compilation of software/tools assembled for end users like myself to make it easier for users to get the full advantage/featureset out of what they already paid for without being locked in.

Do I think this is the case, no, but welcome to being Human, keep an eye out for weirdness, check back in 3 months on the same file (not newer though do check that as well), chances are, false positives will drop off or at least, not change in number.

If your ever worried, have a backup of important data!

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, please keep in mind OP lists Brazil as home country, they are currently going through major elections, I am sure hes aware of the new release's but is busy otherwise, relax, the spice will flow soon (TM), also, it was just his birthday :D Happy (late) Birthday!

I agree with you, but I had to ask. I'm using a version from august and I really like how it turns my ALC1220 "from water to wine". I'm using EqualizeAPO/Hesuvi with Sound Blaster Connect 2 from this package, flawless.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9403.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.3.9600.2329
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

Hi, Alan!
I saw, that you were no longer active the last Time... What's up with you?

System Name "Hakurei Reimu"
Processor AMD Ryzen 5500
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550m-Plus Gaming
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 2x8GB Kingston Fury 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GALAX GTX 1050Ti ExOC
Storage SSD: 1x 500GB Kingston NV1 | HDD: 1x1TB Seagate Barracuda, 3x500GB Samsung drives
Display(s) Main: AOC Hero 27G2/BK (G4) | Secondary: LG Flatron W1943C
Case Random chinese case
Audio Device(s) Philips PWR2006-01 Home Theater System | Logitech G433 Gaming Headset | TinHiFi T2 IEM
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS 500W v2
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard DREVO Calibur V2 TE (Modded)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Does this modded for realtek only have upmix from stereo to 5.1 (Speaker Fill)?

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Does this modded for realtek only have upmix from stereo to 5.1 (Speaker Fill)?

Probably not, but for this I recommend "HeSuVi"

fjskmdl

Could someone tell me if there is any way to further increase the maximum soundvolume?
Im using windows 10 and realtek ACL1200 sound chipset

I also experienced alot of audio lag when gaming. Is there a way that i can fix that?

Last edited:
Could someone tell me if there is any way to further increase the maximum soundvolume?
Im using windows 10 and realtek ACL1200 sound chipset

I also experienced alot of audio lag when gaming. Is there a way that i can fix that?
One of the best free applications for increasing volume FX Sound, sometimes i use it together with DTS

Processor AMD Ryzen 5500
Cooling Stock AMD
Storage SSD: 1x 500GB Kingston NV1 | HDD: 1x1TB Seagate Barracuda, 3x500GB Samsung drives
Case Random chinese case
Audio Device(s) Philips PWR2006-01 Home Theater System | Logitech G433 Gaming Headset | TinHiFi T2 IEM
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
too much latency as it uses voicemeeter as the main device apparently
That voicemeeter method is outdated, it's in the HeSuVi Wiki. So you can use either VB cable or other method such as hi fi cable with asio.

But you can also apply Equalizer Apo + HeSuVi in this modded driver here from Alan. That's what i always did, i use it with Realtek configured to 7.1, and in this way i just have to install APO and HeSuVi and i don't think i have any latency here.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5500
Cooling Stock AMD
Case Random chinese case
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
That voicemeeter method is outdated, it's in the HeSuVi Wiki. So you can use either VB cable or other method such as hi fi cable with asio.

But you can also apply Equalizer Apo + HeSuVi in this modded driver here from Alan. That's what i always did, i use it with Realtek configured to 7.1, and in this way i just have to install APO and HeSuVi and i don't think i have any latency here.
afaIk, HeSuVi only works correctly for Headphones/Headsets, not Home Theaters.
Tried here and it refuses to give sound to the center channel.

Anyways, already found something that actually works for home theaters.
Thanks everyone.

Here for anyone who may need
itsalic/StereoToSurroundUpmixer: Adaptive Stereo to 5.1 Surround Upmixer (github.com)

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
Is there any support DTS/DD Encode for Realtek USB devices to the S/PDIF port as yet? HDMI is not an option for me.

This would be using the 6.3.9600.xxxx drivers.

pedro_san

I still couldn't install this driver on my tuf x570-plus - acl1200 motherboard, I'm using windows 11.
For now I'm using the FX Sound app to get the sound equalizer.

Not sure what Alan is doing these days, I would guess he's on a break of some kind. It's possible the changes in Win11 are making it hard for Alan, and his files (older than Win11).
I can tell you the audio quality from the Realtek APO differs very little, and most of the time, the other files (DTS, Nahimic, so on) don't change in Alans pack.

6.0.9414.1 +, can be better or worse depending on the version you already have, don't stress over it.

====

Personally I am waiting for new hardware, 15 channel SPDIF (current consumer standard), analogue is dead to me, rofl.

Last edited:
System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
Hello everyone, I have some kind of problem I can't make my back panel recognize my audio device as headphone , it's always "front speaker out" and thus the volume is relatively low in my headphones on the other hand I don't want to plug my headphone into the front jack.

My MB is Z690 Tomahawk
sound is Realtek® ALC4080 Codec

Do you have any recommendation ? changing the driver to what version or install a mod ?

I am checking the status of the Realtek USB Audio functions for this package.
Does rear panel spdif support DTS:x home theatre and/or dolby atmos for home theatre operation for the ACL408x chips on the Asus z690 series?

System Name Meiner
Processor Intel Core i5-12600K@5.1/5.0./4.9P/3.8E/3.9R
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Z690M Elite AX DDR4
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory G.Skill RipJaws V Kit 16GB, DDR4-3600, CL16-16-16-36 (F4-3600C16D-16GVK)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio OC
Storage Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U3014 30"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 678C
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC897 + SPDIF Optical
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W (SSR-750TR)
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1
Keyboard Sharkoon Pure Writer RED
Hello everyone, I have some kind of problem I can't make my back panel recognize my audio device as headphone , it's always "front speaker out" and thus the volume is relatively low in my headphones on the other hand I don't want to plug my headphone into the front jack.

My MB is Z690 Tomahawk
sound is Realtek® ALC4080 Codec

Do you have any recommendation ? changing the driver to what version or install a mod ?
That's not planned to be used that way - ALC chips always have only 1 HF-out (amped) - and this is most/always Front-Out

So you have to live with that ... and maybe connect the HF to the proper Front-Out...

I got the same board... so!

Joymaxx

Hi. I have ASUS Z690 TUF Gaming D4, ALC887. Everything works fine except Sound Blaster Connect 2, and despite enabling DTS in the Realtek menu, I still don't get full surround sound on my desktop. Bass management works fine. Do I need to do anything else to enjoy full surround sound on my desktop?

Edit:

I try KGA Automation Config, set license to 360, reset PC and now Sound Blaster Connect 2 work perfectly! Now i have a real 5.1 surround on my pulpit!!! Equalizer APO and VST plugin work to!! Thank for big work bro!! :)

Last edited:

dfctr

Hi,

Have an ASUS Z370-E Gaming paired to a Samsung HW-Q60R Soundbar via SPDIF.
A bit time ago I managed to use DD Live / DTS using your drivers. However, it is not working with these new ones.
I'm using Windows 10 Pro 22H2.
Please advice. Dolby Digital Live or DTS does not show when installed.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Anyhow I'm thinking about Alan, he could look here again... :-/

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Anyhow I'm thinking about Alan, he could look here again... :-/

not sure what has happened to Alan F since it's been almost 3 months since he last released his modded driver (the 9403 version was released in early Sept. 2022)

brot

Hey guys! Could someone explain what the "Original installer" is for? Do I need to install it ? I installed the zip from Github for now.