• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD FX "Vishera" Processor Pricing Revealed

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I can live with that but then the Intel crowd should be muzzled they are extremely obnoxious in my opinion. Tom's Hardware analysis of trinity lays credence to the fact that Vishera CPU's should also have a 15% increase in IPC as AMD has claimed.

But your claim was originally that the 15% IPC increase would put it on par for Intel offerings. In that same Benchmark the i7-2600K (at 3.4GHz) clocks in at 1:03 compared to the PD-based CPU pulling 1:31 (at 3.8GHz). I mean, hell, the Phenom II X4 980 (at 3.7GHz) managed 1:24. That means the IPC of Piledriver is barely on par for that of Phenom II's. So I still fail to see how this bump in IPC will result in AMD CPU's being better than Sandy Bridge offerings.

Sources:
Piledriver IPC
Comparison Benchmark

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
But your claim was originally that the 15% IPC increase would put it on par for Intel offerings. In that same Benchmark the i7-2600K (at 3.4GHz) clocks in at 1:03 compared to the PD-based CPU pulling 1:31 (at 3.8GHz). I mean, hell, the Phenom II X4 980 (at 3.7GHz) managed 1:24. That means the IPC of Piledriver is barely on par for that of Phenom II's. So I still fail to see how this bump in IPC will result in AMD CPU's being better than Sandy Bridge offerings.

Sources:
Piledriver IPC
Comparison Benchmark

MOAREE SPEEEED :laugh:

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
I remember reading somewhere that Vishera scales way better with overclocking than Zambezi... AMD's claims on this where based on saying something like... a 200MHz overclock is a performance increase to Vishera what a 800MHz one is to Zambezi... but I don't have to mention how sketchy and interpretative that is.

Either way, anxious to see these new CPUs in action... from a first-grade source, that IMHO are hard to come by... and put some pressure on Intel (at least for us, on consumer level...).

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Heck about APUs, even the Stars Core based Llano was faster than Bulldozer. Then again what bulldozer moves fast anyway?

IPC comparison between BD Core and PD Core should be better when they are both clocked the same, whether in single thread or multi thread, and PD should be better than Stars Core.

I did notice that Comparisons have Core i at higher clocks than Core 2.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI Gaming M7 AC
Cooling AlphaCool Eisbaer 360
Memory G. Skill Trident X DDR4 8GBx2 (16 GB) 4266mhz dimms
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr GTX 1080 Ti
Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Samsung 28 inch 4k Freesync monitor
Case ThermalTake V71 Full tower gaming case
Power Supply Corsair 1200 watt HX Platinum PSU
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Das tactile mechanical gaming keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
Figures don't lie, but liars sure can fgiure!

Sources:
Piledriver IPC
Comparison Benchmark

I think you are lying. Tom's Hardware tested the Trinity APU NOT Vishera. The Trinity APU has NO L3 cache unlike Vishera. Vishera was NOT tested since a release version was NOT available. The release version of Vishera has a reworked algorithm for the L3 cache to give improved performance over bulldozer, better branch prediction, and several other tweaks SO you are spreading the usual disinformation. The old saying is" figures don't lie , but liars sure know how to figure. Get thee to a nunnery fan boy.

System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I remember reading somewhere that Vishera scales way better with overclocking than Zambezi... AMD's claims on this where based on saying something like... a 200MHz overclock is a performance increase to Vishera what a 800MHz one is to Zambezi... but I don't have to mention how sketchy and interpretative that is.

Either way, anxious to see these new CPUs in action... from a first-grade source, that IMHO are hard to come by... and put some pressure on Intel (at least for us, on consumer level...).
The 4th lilne down in the comments.
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/09/06/a-brief-look-at-amds-steamroller-core/
I don think the old 800MHz wuold equal the new 200Mhz, I can see maybe double that for the Piledrivers

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I think you are lying. Tom's Hardware tested the Trinity APU NOT Vishera. The Trinity APU has NO L3 cache unlike Vishera. Vishera was NOT tested since a release version was NOT available. The release version of Vishera has a reworked algorithm for the L3 cache to give improved performance over bulldozer, better branch prediction, and several other tweaks SO you are spreading the usual disinformation. The old saying is" figures don't lie , but liars sure know how to figure. Get thee to a nunnery fan boy.

L3 Cache will definitely boost performance, but not by much. We're talking at best 5%. I was basing it off the sources you yourself cited. As for "reworked algorithm"s all I know is they claimed there was in issue with the latency of the L3 Cache, and that it had been addressed. The bottom line is the PD-based Trinity APU performed 15% better clock for clock than a BD-based CPU (which had L3 Cache), but still was 33% slower than an Intel CPU at a lower clock speed. There is absolutely no way the addition of L3 Cache will cover that gap.

I'm not spreading disinformation, I'm basing my statements off numbers. Notice all of my statements are cited, and have actual numbers attached to them--yours are largely vague things you had heard or been told by AMD's marketting team (which anyone here can tell you is pretty loose with the facts). I'm not an Intel or AMD Fan Boy, I want the best bang for my buck, and paying $280 for a CPU (FX-8150--although the cheaper 8120 was a much better buy) that barely edged out its predecessor (Phenom II X4/6) in anything but very heavily threaded tasks was not a great investment. I want Piledriver to be great, but realistically it probably won't be as massive an improvement as people want--just like Bulldozer wasn't the massive improvement over Phenom II people wanted.

Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
Why blame AMD for being ripped-off?

I paid $239 for my FX-8150 3 weeks after launch at Amazon , Newegg had higher pricing with no availabilty so I went the Amazon route. I feel quite satisfied with my purchase and now I got good value. You overpaid and are not happy that i,s not AMD's fault it is yours for not shopping around. I am not a shootemup gamer, I dont like fascist, imperialist games. I only play strategy games and do real work on my computer. The FX is great for people who are not idiot gamers on roid rage and use the cpu for work intensive chores. That is where talented and skilled programmers thread their apps properly unlike the brain dead gaming programmers who have never heard of multithreading something that was in vogue in os/2 applicaftions
databases,games like Galactic Civilization which started as a multithreaded app on OS/2 Warp more than 16 years ago. It is obvious to me windoze programmers as a group play to the lowest common denominator and never up the the architecture of their apps to anywhere near where their potential lies. I really care less about those anti-working class fascist games and even less of the patriotic ass-kissers who play them.

I paid $239QUOTE=xenocide;2731807]L3 Cache will definitely boost performance, but not by much. We're talking at best 5%. I was basing it off the sources you yourself cited. As for "reworked algorithm"s all I know is they claimed there was in issue with the latency of the L3 Cache, and that it had been addressed. The bottom line is the PD-based Trinity APU performed 15% better clock for clock than a BD-based CPU (which had L3 Cache), but still was 33% slower than an Intel CPU at a lower clock speed. There is absolutely no way the addition of L3 Cache will cover that gap.

I'm not spreading disinformation, I'm basing my statements off numbers. Notice all of my statements are cited, and have actual numbers attached to them--yours are largely vague things you had heard or been told by AMD's marketting team (which anyone here can tell you is pretty loose with the facts). I'm not an Intel or AMD Fan Boy, I want the best bang for my buck, and paying $280 for a CPU (FX-8150--although the cheaper 8120 was a much better buy) that barely edged out its predecessor (Phenom II X4/6) in anything but very heavily threaded tasks was not a great investment. I want Piledriver to be great, but realistically it probably won't be as massive an improvement as people want--just like Bulldozer wasn't the massive improvement over Phenom II people wanted.[/QUOTE]

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
I dont like fascist, imperialist games. I only play strategy games...I really care less about those anti-working class fascist games and even less of the patriotic ass-kissers who play them.
"Fascism seeks to eradicate perceived foreign influences that are deemed to be causing degeneration of the nation or of not fitting into the national culture" -The Anatomy of Fascism by Robert Paxton
talented and skilled programmers thread their apps properly... games like Galactic Civilization
"The goal of the game is to eventually dominate the galaxy. It is possible to achieve victory through war, cultural domination, diplomacy or by developing overwhelming advanced technology" - Galactic Civilizations

Yeah. Real different.

System Name scrapper
Processor Intel i5-6600k @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr4 @3000
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 EVGA SC
Storage 2x 500GB Samsung 850 SSD
Display(s) CrossOver 27" 1440p LG IPS @ 120Hz
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
lol burnnnnn

Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes it's war-like but NOt visceral. I can't enjoy seeing people butchered

"Fascism seeks to eradicate perceived foreign influences that are deemed to be causing degeneration of the nation or of not fitting into the national culture" -The Anatomy of Fascism by Robert Paxton

"The goal of the game is to eventually dominate the galaxy. It is possible to achieve victory through war, cultural domination, diplomacy or by developing overwhelming advanced technology" - Galactic Civilizations

Yeah. Real different.

Your right not real different, but certainly not as visceral as Call of Duty. I am anything but a pacifist, but I do not wish to desensitize myself to the horrors of war and especially imperialist wars which target civilian populations with drones and black ops. They are cutthroat murderers not heroes! They are willing mass murderers for Exxon-Mobil and the government which it and the banks control.
Capitalist culture is racist, xenophobic, sexist, and imperialist. There is no way around it. It's in the music, the movies, and in the lies our children are taught in school etc. Those games that are different are very few and far between. I do like Revolution Under Siege where you can fight to defend the workers' revolution in the Soviet Union during the 1919-1921 civil war , which in fact was an invasion by over a dozen European and American armies that ultimately failed to topple the first worker's state in the history of the world. But that games is one in a million.
Let's face it we live in the dictatorship of the capitalist class. The facade of elections is a joke. It's all been bought and paid for well before the candidates are chosen and even announce their campaigns. So in reality we can encourage and build worker's culture in a positive way , but in no way will we be able to supplant the dominant negative selfish culture until the capitalist states are smashed internationally. Then we can build a new culture of inclusiveness and egalitarianism.

Software Windows 10 Pro
I believe FX-8350 Piledriver will be competitive with a 2600k

Sources:
Piledriver IPC
Comparison Benchmark

A lot of those performance blips are due to cacheing moisses do to poor branch prediction. That is supposed to be greatly improved in piledriver and I am eager to see those same tests after the release of the AMD FX-8350. I do thoink tyhreaded apps will see the Vishera product blow the 2600k out of the water and in gaming the results will be considerably tighter. In actual gaming the differences will NOT be noticeable. If one gives 45-50 fps and the other 60fps the human eye will not be able to detect it.

System Name Gamers PC
There is a reason why AMD is keeping Vishera very quiet before the launch. The Trinity version already outperforms the Bulldozer in clock for clock comparison by about 15%. Vishera should do a lot better clock for clock by about 20% to 30%.

Toms hardware guide previewed and compared the FX 8150 at 3.80 GHz and 8 cores versua the A10-5800K that only has 4 cores and no L3 and not all the mods done to the Vishera.
Vishera is looking like the best upgrade option for now, but I would like to see review s when they come out. :)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
A lot of those performance blips are due to cacheing moisses do to poor branch prediction. That is supposed to be greatly improved in piledriver and I am eager to see those same tests after the release of the AMD FX-8350. I do thoink tyhreaded apps will see the Vishera product blow the 2600k out of the water and in gaming the results will be considerably tighter. In actual gaming the differences will NOT be noticeable. If one gives 45-50 fps and the other 60fps the human eye will not be able to detect it.

If this happens I eat my hat. If I had a hat.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
If this happens I eat my hat. If I had a hat.

Me too. I apart from the odd benchmark I doubt Piledriver is going to blow the 2600k out the water. At best slightly slower on average.

System Name Gamers PC
Me too. I apart from the odd benchmark I doubt Piledriver is going to blow the 2600k out the water. At best slightly slower on average.
Get ready to eat a nice big hat :D

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Hmmmm I was looking to go with Intel for my next build but the prices are preventing me... this could be a possibility... I got 650 saved up so far for my new build.... I'm even more anxious now!

Should I get this or wait even longer???

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Get ready to eat a nice big hat :D

One thing I've learned from these Bulldozer, Piledriver, etc. threads is not to believe anything about upcoming CPU's from you or SuperXP.

Believe me though, I want AMD to succeed, but every bit of pertinent information tells me that nothing "great" will be coming from AMD in the CPU market for quite some time.

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
I don't think that AMD actually stated that Piledriver would see a 15% improvement in IPC, if I recall correctly.

They said Piledriver would see a 15% improvement in throughput but that doesn't necessarily mean +15% IPC. They could mean performance/watt or performance/dollar and their statement would be true:

FX-8150 $245 125w TDP 3.6Ghz = $68/Ghz 34w/Ghz
FX-8350 $250?? (I don't know if this is MSRP or not) 125w TDP 4.0Ghz = $62/Ghz 31w/Ghz ~15% improvement in perf/watt ~10% improvement in perf/dollar

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I only play strategy games and do real work on my computer.

The FX is great for people who are not idiot gamers on roid rage and use the cpu for work intensive chores.

Is your "real work" somehow different than the F@H that many others here run, or other compute intensive work?

All I have seen out of you in this thread, that you joined to post in.

Is calling another member a liar for posting information that doesn't agree with your ideas.
Double posting.
Making baseless and false statements about "real work".
And the ever present red herring.

Congrats.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
imperialist wars...drones and black ops....mass murderers for Exxon-Mobil and the government which it and the banks control....[ TL; DC ]...

I'll admit you had me going there for a while....well played!. Intel troll masquerading as a larger-than-life delusional ranting AMD fanboy with only a tenuous grip on reality.

This IS a case of reverse psychology...isn't it?

Software Windows 10 Pro
Vishera Performance Improvement

I don't think that AMD actually stated that Piledriver would see a 15% improvement in IPC, if I recall correctly.

They said Piledriver would see a 15% improvement in throughput but that doesn't necessarily mean +15% IPC. They could mean performance/watt or performance/dollar and their statement would be true:

FX-8150 $245 125w TDP 3.6Ghz = $68/Ghz 34w/Ghz
FX-8350 $250?? (I don't know if this is MSRP or not) 125w TDP 4.0Ghz = $62/Ghz 31w/Ghz ~15% improvement in perf/watt ~10% improvement in perf/dollar

NO they definitely stated 15% IPC improvement.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
One thing I've learned from these Bulldozer, Piledriver, etc. threads is not to believe anything about upcoming CPU's from you or SuperXP.

Believe me though, I want AMD to succeed, but every bit of pertinent information tells me that nothing "great" will be coming from AMD in the CPU market for quite some time.
Hey WHAT? Thought I heard my name :D

Nothing wrong with a little speculation. And when there is facts, I present them with links.
NO they definitely stated 15% IPC improvement.
Link?
Thanks,

Software Windows 10 Pro
Liar?

Is your "real work" somehow different than the F@H that many others here run, or other compute intensive work?

All I have seen out of you in this thread, that you joined to post in.

Is calling another member a liar for posting information that doesn't agree with your ideas.
Double posting.
Making baseless and false statements about "real work".
And the ever present red herring.

Congrats.
Never said he was a liar but he definitely lied and I stated that. He could be the most honest person in the world in all other regards but he did NOT present facts he cpnjured up statements that bore no resemblance to the same benchmark results I and hundreds of others had seen in the past year. I know bulldozer did NOT do as well as expected in those benchmarks , but he exaggerated the findings to fit his unbridled hatred of AMD products. In most tests they were competitive, in single threaded games they were not.
I do believe that in most game tests Vishera will be in the running against a 2600k even if a little behind the 2600K. In most non-gaming benchmarks I believe it will blow away the 2600k.
I do a little Photoshop, a lot of word documents with photos, mostly leaflets to organize the working class for rebellion against the financial crisis and the rotten capitalist system. I am not an IT professional and I do not think one must be one to advocate intelligently for good hardware and software. I know moist gaming software is poorly designed and could potentially use multi-threading if the designers and companies had a desire to produce a superior product. They are lazy and making too much money, too easily of an ill-informed public. I am passionate and through my labor and student organizing skills and speech making over the years I know how to in a minimum of word cut through the bull and get to the salient points. I may offend some but that is not my object. My objective is to get to the objective truth. Now I am no shill for AMD, they are corporate and could well be lying about things .But I do know what they said and I do know the difference between smoke and mirrors and reality If the piledriver release is a promise not met I won't buy it and I will call them out on it If it is an improvement worthy of being called a next generation product I will buy it and advocate for it.