• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Developers of ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ Scrub Swastika From ‘Historically Authentic’ Game

Processor Threadripper 1950X (4.0 GHz OC)
Motherboard ASRock X399 Professional Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqtech TR4
Memory 48GB DDR4 2934MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1080, GTX 660TI
Storage 2TB Western Digital HDD, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 280GB Intel Optane 900P
Display(s) 2x 1920x1200
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro M (1000W)
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2
Software Windows 10
It's also what a Micrsoft AI concluded when left to it's own devices learning solely from social media:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

I can't believe they brought sexism and feminism into that article. It's a robot! It learns from the internet. It has nothing to do with either the "gender disparity in tech" or Microsofts "sexism". And the sentence "It seems like yet another example of female-voiced AI servitude, except this time she's turned into a sex slave thanks to the people using her on Twitter." speaks volumes about the author.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
I can't believe they brought sexism and feminism into that article. It's a robot! It learns from the internet. It has nothing to do with either the "gender disparity in tech" or Microsofts "sexism". And the sentence "It seems like yet another example of female-voiced AI servitude, except this time she's turned into a sex slave thanks to the people using her on Twitter." speaks volumes about the author.

Not really. It's quite possible that they made her behave in what they expected to be "typically female" and if so, that's sexism down to a tee. I can't say, I haven't seen the code either way, but it isn't a huge leap of faith.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think the outcry over removing the Swastika is completely stupid. It hasn't been removed from the campaign. It has only been excluded from modes of play where it isn't necessary to be historically accurate. I mean, is it really that outrageous that they aren't being historically accurate in the game mode where you play with your friend to see who can kill the most zombies? Because, there were Zombies in WWII, right?

I mean, seriously, get over it. They wanted to be respectful and not display it in parts of the game where it wasn't necessary to be historically accurate, but they left in parts of the game where it was. To call this "scrubbing" is completely moronic. To even complain about this is inane, IMO.

Processor Threadripper 1950X (4.0 GHz OC)
Motherboard ASRock X399 Professional Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqtech TR4
Memory 48GB DDR4 2934MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1080, GTX 660TI
Storage 2TB Western Digital HDD, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 280GB Intel Optane 900P
Display(s) 2x 1920x1200
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro M (1000W)
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2
Software Windows 10
Not really. It's quite possible that they made her behave in what they expected to be "typically female" and if so, that's sexism down to a tee.

Is it? Sexism is derogatory, and that is not necessarily so in an AI programmed to be 'female'. Both Google Home and Amazon Echo have a female voice. Are they considered instances of "female-voiced AI servitude"? The author of the above article seems to think so.

EDIT: well of course she thinks so, but the fact remains they are just computers, nothing more.

Last edited:
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I think the outcry over removing the Swastika is completely stupid. It hasn't been removed from the campaign. It has only been excluded from modes of play where it isn't necessary to be historically accurate. I mean, is it really that outrageous that they aren't being historically accurate in the game mode where you play with your friend to see who can kill the most zombies? Because, there were Zombies in WWII, right?

I mean, seriously, get over it. They wanted to be respectful and not display it in parts of the game where it wasn't necessary to be historically accurate, but they left in parts of the game where it was. To call this "scrubbing" is completely moronic. To even complain about this is inane, IMO.
Were it being removed from just zombie mode I'd agree with you, but my understanding is it's being removed from all online play.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Were it being removed from just zombie mode I'd agree with you, but my understanding is it's being removed from all online play.

None of the online modes are "historically accurate" so there is no need for it to be there. The campaign is telling a story, to make that story more immersive the level designs are historically accurate. It make sense to have swastikas in the campaign. It is in no way necessary that they be in the multiplayer modes.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
So it's online only they won't have it? Then I see bo problems with it whatsoever.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
None of the online modes are "historically accurate" so there is no need for it to be there. The campaign is telling a story, to make that story more immersive the level designs are historically accurate. It make sense to have swastikas in the campaign. It is in no way necessary that they be in the multiplayer modes.
I fail to understand your reasoning there. For one, there's simply no reason online modes can't be portrayed just as accurately as the campaign. Usually mp play is an extension of sp play using humans vs bots. I also see no sense to implying accuracy matters more or less in sp or mp, they should be portrayed equally well. I also see no reason to assume swastikas in mp would be more offensive than in sp. In fact it even sounds kinda dismissive to sp players, as if their concerns don't count were they for some reason offended by it.

It comes down to this, if people can't differentiate virtual fighting from actual fighting, it's a bit dangerous they even be allowed to play online modes for psychological reasons. These are just games, not political agendas. They shouldn't become bully pulpits for rights activists. I mean do people freak out like this when the tons of WWII movies have swastikas in them? This kind of censoring will have no limits if people don't start recognizing it as an insult to the gaming industry, as if it's patrons that want historical accuracy are somehow bullies.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
I fail to understand your reasoning there. For one, there's simply no reason online modes can't be portrayed just as accurately as the campaign. Usually mp play is an extension of sp play using humans vs bots. I also see no sense to implying accuracy matters more or less in sp or mp, they should be portrayed equally well. I also see no reason to assume swastikas in mp would be more offensive than in sp. In fact it even sounds kinda dismissive to sp players, as if their concerns don't count were they for some reason offended by it.

It comes down to this, if people can't differentiate virtual fighting from actual fighting, it's a bit dangerous they even be allowed to play online modes for psychological reasons. These are just games, not political agendas. They shouldn't become bully pulpits for rights activists. I mean do people freak out like this when the tons of WWII movies have swastikas in them? This kind of censoring will have no limits if people don't start recognizing it as an insult to the gaming industry, as if it's patrons that want historical accuracy are somehow bullies.

Again, in the campaign a story is being told. Swastikas are a part of that story being historically accurate. There is no story being told in multiplayer, there is no need to be historically accurate there. Multiplayer is not an extension of the single player campaign. No story is being told in the multiplayer modes.

And no one is freaking out about the swastikas being there. The reverse seems to be the case, people are freaking out because the swastikas aren't there. If the game designers decide to not put swastikas in parts of the game that don't require them to provide an immersive story, who is anyone to complain about it? It is their game, they can design it anyway they want. If they want to be respectful and only include swastikas where it is necessary to provide an immersive story and no where else, we shouldn't be bashing them for it.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Pink Floyd managed it with "The Wall" years ago. Everyone got the idea that it was a stylized swastika

If you ask me, it's a stylized hammer and sickle just as much.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
It is their game, they can design it anyway they want.
As a free citizen I'll buy and bash what I want. It's my money and my voice.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
It's actually an alt-right conspiracy to deny the Nazis ever existed and the Holocaust the therefore never happened.

Scarily, this is actually a likely side effect for those that don't study history and use popular media for facts.

My grandpa (just turned 97 this past February), his platoon was first into one of the prison camps that was liberated in WWII. To this day, he still won't talk about what he saw there and he'll say very little about much of the war. All he's told me is that he was an engineer, his team was tasked with building bridges as their one of their main jobs to get vehicles across bodies of water. He's mentioned at times they did this while under fire - could hear bullets whizzing by and see artillery shells striking nearby.

If someone tried telling him none of this happened nor existed, he'd probably still kick their ass.

This PC stuff needs to stop.

Agreed.

I'm not a politically correct person, I say things as I see them and I don't spare people's feelings. In my neighborhood there are a few Hmong/Vietnamese/Chinese families. They have 10+ people living in 1300-1400sqft townhouses. The little kids, they're always outside playing. They love dogs that people walk around with and most ask if they can pet my Siberian Huskies as I walk by.....but if a Grandma is outside with the kids...she is yelling at the kids and dragging them away from the dogs. Every asian grandma I've seen at these households are the same, yelling at me in their native tongue and dismissively waving their hands at my dogs and me as I walk past if they're outside....I grew tired of them doing this and made sure to comment the last time one of them did this:

I smiled at her and said, "I guess you're used to eating dogs rather than having them as pets."

I don't know if she understood me or not, but my wife was with and she's hit me in the arm and said that I can't say things like that. I told her I can say what I damn please, it doesn't hurt my feelings if they get offended, it's their problem. The world isn't a happy, friendly place. Feelings get hurt and life moves on. Trying to make everyone be PC is a bunch of BS, if you ask me.

System Name barely hangin on...
Processor Intel I5 4670K @stock
Motherboard Asus H81m-cs (nothing else available now)
Cooling CM Hyper 212X (in push-pull)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580 4GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG241QP 144Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K>Boom 3D>ATH M50/Samson SR850/HD599SE
Power Supply Corsair RM 850
Mouse Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Software 7-64bit MBR, 10-64bit UEFI (Not Multi-boot), VBox guests...
The name Swastika comes from Sanskrit and denotes a "conducive to well being or auspicious".The clockwise swastika is a sacred and auspicious symbol in Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. In Hinduism, the clockwise symbol is called swastika symbolizing surya (sun) and prosperity, while the counter clockwise symbol is called sauvastika symbolizing night or tantric aspects of Kali. In Jainism, a swastika is the symbol for Suparshvanatha – the 7th of 24 Tirthankaras (spiritual teachers and saviours), while in Buddhism it symbolizes the auspicious footprints of the Buddha. -Wikipedia.

"Historically accurate" my ass.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
As a Hindu i find this highly offensive that SJWs think our religious symbol of auspiciousness is revolting :(

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Again, in the campaign a story is being told. Swastikas are a part of that story being historically accurate. There is no story being told in multiplayer, there is no need to be historically accurate there. Multiplayer is not an extension of the single player campaign. No story is being told in the multiplayer modes.

And no one is freaking out about the swastikas being there. The reverse seems to be the case, people are freaking out because the swastikas aren't there. If the game designers decide to not put swastikas in parts of the game that don't require them to provide an immersive story, who is anyone to complain about it? It is their game, they can design it anyway they want. If they want to be respectful and only include swastikas where it is necessary to provide an immersive story and no where else, we shouldn't be bashing them for it.

Well, isn't a "picture worth a 1000 words"? Meaning you don't need a story to depict history. I would also argue if anything those playing mp are more nit picky about accuracy if anything, including obsessing over weapons and uniforms. Visual accuracy is a big part of both movies and games.

No one favoring the censorship is freaking out until you read the comments of those whom are offended once such things ARE included, which is also why they ARE censoring it and some countries even ban such games, which I feel is ridiculous. Nazis ARE offensive, but not merely because they wore swastikas. That is the silliness really in nutshell.

I'm not arguing that the game design isn't theirs, that's obvious. I'm arguing it's unfair to avid mp gamers to censor it completely. There are plenty games that have a gore and/or obscenity option you can toggle on or off. Why not so called "offensive" insignia as well?

It's lazy, inconsiderate development, that only caters to the sensitive for reason of profit (to avoid it being banned in certain countries). For a franchise that is clearly one of the largest, they could have easily afforded to have a toggle option for swastikas. It's a simple idea that appeases more players, hence more profit, so why wouldn't they?

To just answer they can design it anyway they want cleary shows they and some gamers don't give a rats ass about anyone's interests but their own. I mean come on, you know anything controlled by Activision is about high profits for short dev time spent. They don't tend to look at the big picture, except to imply so when it's convenient for PR.

If anyone believes Acti did this out of respect, you are kidding yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
The amount of ignorance, stupidity and lack of knowledge from those Producers is outstanding:

It’s a dark symbol and we have to be really respectful and mindful of customs and regulations of different territories and we wanted the whole community to play it together.”
Dark symbol?? That moron doesn't know that the Swastika symbol was stolen from the Buddhists and Hindu that are using it the same for their temples:

Among other thinks they shamelessly stolen, the Nazis also stole the Roman Salute and the Roman Legions Eagle used for the 3rd Reich.

People needs to be more aware about those facts before starting judgement and banning stuff.
It is a dark symbol, now. Who really thinks of Buddhist temples when they think Swastika? Almost nobody. Just like the dreaded n-word. It used to mean, long ago, a foolish person. It had nothing to do with skin color. Now it's an offensive term for black people. In fact, dictionaries have changed the term now to mean an offensive term for black people. So yeah, swastika, Nazi Germany, hatred and genocide of millions of people... that's what it is now.

That said, I think it's foolish to scrub it from the game. How does one depict WWII Nazi Germany without it? Does one pretend it never existed? I'd rather argue that it's a slap in the face not to include it. If you're going to do something with WWII, the swastika was there, it was real. It happened. Don't pretend it never existed. People are so worried about being politically correct they fail to realize they're being offensive by trying so hard not to be offensive... at least in my eyes.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
It is a dark symbol, now.
This is exactly why censoring goes over the top. Do we really want to let certain groups of people dictate what iconic symbols stand for? Do we look at the holy cross as evil just because some cults portray it inverted to signify evil?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Is it? Sexism is derogatory, and that is not necessarily so in an AI programmed to be 'female'. Both Google Home and Amazon Echo have a female voice. Are they considered instances of "female-voiced AI servitude"? The author of the above article seems to think so.

EDIT: well of course she thinks so, but the fact remains they are just computers, nothing more.
Female sounding voice.
To assume it is a female voice is sexist. Not all males have deep voices. ;)

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Buddhists?

Touché.

This is exactly why censoring goes over the top. Do we really want to let certain groups of people dictate what iconic symbols stand for? Do we look at the holy cross as evil just because some cults portray it inverted to signify evil?

No, censorship goes over the top because everybody is so easily offended and makes a big deal out of everything anymore. It's ridiculous what people get in trouble for these days. Certain groups of people do dictate what symbols, or words, or whatever else stand for, because that's just how things work. The swastika is now an evil symbol because of the years and years of horrible crimes against humanity done by the people who bore that symbol. Sure, they stole it from somewhere else, but honestly, who is going to think of anything else besides Nazis when they see the swastika (besides maybe Buddhists)? That symbol has been there, and those were huge events that went on for a long time which deeply scarred the world. Same story with the n-word. Should we let that symbol stand for that? I think so. It's horrible what happened, but because of that, that's what the symbol is now. To turn around and try to say it's a peaceful symbol would be a huge slap in the face to anybody who has been truly scarred by it.

The cross isn't seen as a symbol of evil because how big are these cults? How often do we see upside-down crosses? Are these cults responsible for horrible wrongdoings on a large scale? I'd wager the answers to be pretty small, not often, and no, not on a large scale, although they're probably responsible for some pretty horrible shit on a much smaller scale as Nazi Germany. So, the symbol doesn't get the same recognition from the world as the swastika. That said, that particular symbol isn't the greatest example, because it's not really the same thing. I've always understood the normal cross as a symbol of Christ, and the upside down cross as a symbol of evil. It's not quite the same symbol. Having said that, I still maintain my argument.