• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How does a post being qualified as "low quality"?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Anyone posting here knows exactly what a low quality post is.
Precisely. Personally, I trust mods to have the proper judgement on this one, regular members, no.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Precisely. Personally, I trust mods to have the proper judgement on this one, regular members, no.

You have an aweful lot of faith in mods. :D I'd rather trust our AI overlords.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
You have an aweful lot of faith in mods. :D I'd rather trust our AI overlords.
Sure, no one's perfect, but they have higher standards to adhere to as reps of TPU and I think that by and large they will do this properly. I remember how I felt that difference when I used to write for TPU and I didn't even have mod powers.

System Name midnight toker
Processor i7 Skylake QHQF (6700K ES) @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4S
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Samsung DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti Gaming OC @ 2080MHz
Storage 128GB SSD, 75GB & 2TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-SYNC Monitor
Case Cooler Master MB511
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP2000 headphones
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2
Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3050
Keyboard same
Software Arch Linux, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Even as a casual member devoid of fictional importance such as an amazing set of stars concealing all my forehead skin, I shall declare it's fairly suspicious that posts started to collapse in the news section, among the comments of a very very special article.

Spoilers: nobody cares that neither do I but here you go some fun facts.

The innovation establishment rather "folded" in a very punctual fashion. It could have begun anywhere else but it hasn't for some noble reason, I'm sure.

As a selfproclaimed ridiculous individual, I'M DA BEAST at spotting yooge ridiculousness. It's as ridiculous as it gets, not that I'd ever mind being moderated in any way. Pretty docile temperament, here.

Plus, a lot of people spark the silly name calling spirit from their high horses and then pretend toxicity happened out of the blue. I sometimes don't get why people get directly insulted in all ways, shapes and forms, first, and then are claimed to be the insulting ones upon mere reaction. Maxing out our stars can sometimes cover not only our foreheads but also our eyes. Sad, sad :~~

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Even as a casual member devoid of fictional importance such as an amazing set of stars concealing all my forehead skin, I shall declare it's fairly suspicious that posts started to collapse in the news section, among the comments of a very very special article.

Spoilers: nobody cares that neither do I but here you go some fun facts.

The innovation establishment rather "folded" in a very punctual fashion. It could have begun anywhere else but it hasn't for some noble reason, I'm sure.

As a selfproclaimed ridiculous individual, I'M DA BEAST at spotting yooge ridiculousness. It's as ridiculous as it gets, not that I'd ever mind being moderated in any way. Pretty docile temperament, here.

Plus, a lot of people spark the silly name calling spirit from their high horses and then pretend toxicity happened out of the blue. I sometimes don't get why people get directly insulted in all ways, shapes and forms, first, and then are claimed to be the insulting ones upon mere reaction. Maxing out our stars can sometimes cover not only our foreheads but also our eyes. Sad, sad :~~

I'm sorry, I tried to read that but I couldn't shake the feeling your avatar was talking to me.

When you're fighting a losing battle...you'll try anything out of desperation. I actually find that quality admirable in an opponent. But rest assured. It will not work out as you planned. And you will ultimately lose. Resistance is futile.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
I'm sorry, I tried to read that but I couldn't shake the feeling your avatar was talking to me.
It's ok, nor can I (regarding my own avatar). Contrary to what it may seem, I don't enjoy golden showers nor their king. Just answering...

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Low quality is fairly obvious. It's posts that are worthless but un-infractionable, for example:

LQ.PNG

Or it's walking into a GPU BIOS flashing thread and going NAW MANE DUN FLASH YER CARD YOU GUNNO BREK IT.

Or when somebody is asking what difference memory latency makes to games and some guy comes in and cites no evidence and just says it's pointless.

Or somebody rolling into a news article and talking about politics.

Or when somebody walks into a thread about miners and says "I don't like miners".

Or posting memes/YT videos while somebody is trying to find a solution to a problem.

Or asking someone to correct their grammar.

Or saying "reported".

The whole purpose it to make it so that when somebody searches something into Google to, primarily, find out information, we don't then want them to have to scroll through the trash to get the information they need.

If you want to see the trash, unhide it.

EDIT: I find it quite interesting. A large portion of the people (not all) that don't like this feature are the ones I can see myself using it for.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
If all we want is people getting help and asking smart questions about consumer electronics in general, then the post count will be awfully low :) with new threads spaced out quite a few.

I get it. We are human, people want to chit-chat, watch "the show" - some verbal fights and stuff. Things are what they are. I am not sure mods/owners vision about this is correct as I don't really know where it stems from and where it wants to go.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
As someone who has seen and experienced actual censorship in real life...

Not that it ultimately matters at all but I don't mind being moderated and haven't got a single complaint about my posts getting removed as mods have been doing a great job. Seriously.

I hope the simpleton's impressions I left in this thread were clear. In case someone assumed otherwise: mere observations, not endorsements.

The thread is as silly as the ultimately subjective "low quality" badges. Pals, there's no shame in wearing the scarlet letter.

I can definitely say there's no censorship in TPU and I got quite a few of my posts deleted, probably because of some snowflakes :rolleyes:. No hard feelings.

Also, I somewhat started to consider the very existence of non-bricking firmware/bios/uefi-modding on-the-fly (of AMD chips/chipsets solely), which's the subject that somehow ended up triggering this thread. That's a smart assumption.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
when you do, let me know, i'm always listening

I will (again) refer you to Tweakers.net where they have a news section moderation system backed by a 'Karma' system.
Note that this is a community that has evolved from a hobby project to a real news site and company owned by a large publisher, its quite well established over here. Even though I don't agree with all that they do, the below system is one of the strongest I've seen and it has been working well for many years now. I hope it helps because 'low quality posts' as they are now, I think is quite dangerous for TPU's continued existence.

In addition to its credibility, Tweakers.net offers some of the most informative and useful user comment sections I have ever come across. More often than not, true experts in the field chime in with useful links, research papers, or first-hand info.

In brief:
- People can Vote +1 / +2 / +3 to any comment, where: +1 = On topic / +2 = Informative on topic (adds new info/insights) / +3 = Spotlight (deserves a top spot).
- People can Vote +0 / -1 to any comment, where: -1 = Flamebait/troll/insulting and +0 = Off-topic.

- Users can filter out average scores for comments and comments get the average score of all votes.
- There is a moderator thread on the forum where users can post comments for re-moderation if they have been 'downvoted' on the wrong grounds. For example for a very informative post with some 'less popular' statements in it.

- The Karma system is a simple points accumulation system that gives points for comments as they are moderated. So if I keep earning +3 Spotlights I get a high Karma score with a relatively low post count, which will be pretty accurate in showing great contributing users compared to bad ones.
- Based on high Karma scores, users can earn a 'Booster'. What this does is give you an allowance to boost any comment, so when you give a +2, it counts as, for example, 2x a +2 score or more. This way active and contributing users gain a very limited moderation ability.
- Another addition (optional IMO) is 'badges'. Based on the Karma points earned on specific subjects, top contributors can earn a King and Emperor badge for those subjects (see profile screenshots below).

All together you get:
- Mods that only direct their attention to things flagged by the community or themselves as 'odd'
- The community gains a self-censoring mechanism based on bigger numbers. Not just up and downvotes, but averages, promoting nuanced posting and moderation as extremes become hard to find, unless the entire community agrees on something being what it is (either a great or horrible comment).

A look inside the (my) profile:
1521193015310.png

A look at the comments below a news article: note the filters on top and the comment scores on the right, and excuse the Dutch :)
1521193096188.png

Last but not least: moderation box including 'Boost' option (I have a few left I see :p). It also contains a link (under 'FM') to get redirected to the forum topic for badly moderated comments.
1521193360261.png

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Interesting. Is there a limit how often I can hand out each of the badges per day for example?

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Here is something before I stop.

An opinion is an opinion whether correct or wrong. Usage of power only alienates anyone who may be able to help you, this goes for reality. A team is stronger than an individual if you learn to interpret them and make use of their gifts, everyone has a gift to bring, it's up to you to either see it or squash someone with your so called power.

If Wizard was standing by his statement only why would he open a discussion? I am far from a troll but that is my opinion.

He didn't start this thread? Personally I am not sure anyone thinks that having an opinion is wrong or a bad thing, maybe trying to ram it down someone else's throat or insulting someone because they don't share the same opinion might be though.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
There will always be threads that are known to and will inevitably generate "unwanted" opinions and shitposting from the very moment they are posted (including news by staff such as the one about CTS-labs).

Everyone knows that very well , let's not hide behind the finger. For such situation "low quality posts" will not only be ineffective but will generate even more of the aforementioned shitposting.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
There will always be threads that are known to and will inevitably generate "unwanted" opinions and shitposting from the very moment they are posted (including news by staff such as the one about CTS-labs).

Everyone knows that very well , let's not hide behind the finger. For such situation "low quality posts" will not only be ineffective but will generate even more of the aforementioned shitposting.

Well they are still viewable, your choice to see them or not remains in our hands, at least they don't call them s posts right out...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Interesting. Is there a limit how often I can hand out each of the badges per day for example?

The badges are available in two forms: Karma-king / Karma-Emperor and fully automated too: highest karma points on a specific subject will get the Emperor (red outline) badge and second highest gets the King (gray outline) badge. I do believe there are more King-badges, perhaps 4 or 5 to be had - I'm a user not admin so can't say for sure.

So there is no management involved and its a constant 'race', and built for the long term. Subjects like 'Nvidia' for example, will be applicable to many news posts so almost all users will get some points on that, but only the most active ones that post useful stuff will get a badge.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
It'll be so unfair when high quality toxic post gets marked as 'low quality' :laugh: kidding aside, but is 'low quality post' the best choice as a common denominator?
I vote for 'Unworthy post' ... the word unworthy is not used nearly enough
I do have to admit, I prefer "unworthy" as well :roll:

That aside, I think we'll see a lot of whining, a few that stop posting in protest of being "muffled", but overall our mod crew here is pretty solid, and I don't expect to see many "reversals". I don't envy the mods their new responsibility, and I do post a request that they temper their new power (great power, great responsibility, etc) with an occasional dousing of "I'm in a shitty mood today, I'll let someone else swing the rubber hammer for a while...".

Not a bad step to take, thanks Wizz, I know it took a bit of coding to get it all sorted. Appreciate, as always, the work you do here.

and another +1 to "unworthy" instead of "low quality" rofl

System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
Well i think i need to cool down, and last night my posting was a bit too in your face.
Think i was just in a debate mood.

Let's keep this place a good place, and i do read what people type :)

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Low quality is fairly obvious. It's posts that are worthless but un-infractionable, for example:

View attachment 98386

Or it's walking into a GPU BIOS flashing thread and going NAW MANE DUN FLASH YER CARD YOU GUNNO BREK IT.

Or when somebody is asking what difference memory latency makes to games and some guy comes in and cites no evidence and just says it's pointless.

Or somebody rolling into a news article and talking about politics.

Or when somebody walks into a thread about miners and says "I don't like miners".

Or posting memes/YT videos while somebody is trying to find a solution to a problem.

Or asking someone to correct their grammar.

Or saying "reported".

The whole purpose it to make it so that when somebody searches something into Google to, primarily, find out information, we don't then want them to have to scroll through the trash to get the information they need.

If you want to see the trash, unhide it.

EDIT: I find it quite interesting. A large portion of the people (not all) that don't like this feature are the ones I can see myself using it for.
I find it offensive you would dare cast a shadow of doubt onto the post you have shown, as if TMM is or could be a shit poster from way back.

I have used Ignore for the people who shit post, and cannot fathom why others don't do the same, unless their victim status needs the affirmation that they must pay for internet access, to come to this site out of how many, to be offended and carry on a grudge against certain and specific other users, companies, or ideas.

Then again, we also have safety warnings about common things, but I digress. You know it's going to become a game to some, see how much low quality content they can generate.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I would expect infractions or bans at that point...honestly the least of their worries with this implementation.
I already handed out one for exactly that, earlier today and just deleted the post

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I generally have a rather... aggressive and acerbic posting style. I also do not suffer fools kindly. I imagine this will lead to me getting ignored at some point, and I'm okay with that because I'll probably deserve it. (This does not, however, mean I will ever apologise for being a dick to people who start "OMG I BRICKED MAH GRAFFICS CART" threads when they evidently have done zero research into the basics of BIOS flashing.)

Let's be honest, we all wake up on the wrong side of bed sometimes, or think we're funny when we're not, or whatever. If W1zz feels this feature is necessary to... remind us when we're misbehaving, in order to increase the overall quality of these forums, I'm okay with that.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I generally have a rather... aggressive and acerbic posting style. I also do not suffer fools kindly. I imagine this will lead to me getting ignored at some point, and I'm okay with that because I'll probably deserve it. (This does not, however, mean I will ever apologise for being a dick to people who start "OMG I BRICKED MAH GRAFFICS CART" threads when they evidently have done zero research into the basics of BIOS flashing.)

Let's be honest, we all wake up on the wrong side of bed sometimes, or think we're funny when we're not, or whatever. If W1zz feels this feature is necessary to... remind us when we're misbehaving, in order to increase the overall quality of these forums, I'm okay with that.
fair statement :toast:

Then again, we also have safety warnings about common things, but I digress. .....

Warning label on Apple’s website:

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11