• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I really don't think so, it's way worse now with CP.
I recall 2 issues with W3 - bugs and graphics.
There were plenty of bugs but when it came to the game behind them, it was almost universally praised. Bugs can (and were) fixed, and people are aware of the sad reality nowadays that big, open games usually come with bugs that need to be ironed out later. It's the price we pay for ambitious projects.
Graphical downgrade when compared to trailers was a thing, but the game still actually looked awesome, so people grumbled a bit but then let it go.

And then there's expectations, possibly the most important factor. When W3 was coming out, I think the prevalent attitude of interested gamers was "can they do it". It was the first such an ambitious project for CDPR, they've never made an open world game before and it was not as big a studio as it is now. With Cyberpunk the hype was unreal, certainly not helped by brazen marketing.

Yeah... and now they have the graphics quite well on point but the actual game leaves much to be desired. All of the glitches we get aren't really much about graphics. They're about physics, mechanics, and the overall quality and depth of them. Its a serious, fundamental issue. Its not just that things are out of sync, its just not there most of the time. They built a whole range of cool stuff to use, and gave us near static puppets to use it on.

Expectations kill every big release, but that is each individual's problem and it doesn't lead to real world results like it does here. This will cost CDPR money and they have something to make up to us. The release simply isn't complete as it is. The immersive qualities save it for the first dozen or so hours... but it gets uglier. They'll probably fix it though.

I think the lesson learned here, once again, for the umpteenth time should be.... DON'T PRE ORDER. DON'T BUY AT LAUNCH. I can look in the mirror on that last one too and I think I'm gonna get religious about the one year wait for each release :p

Last edited:
System Name The Mini Nuke
Processor Intel i9-9900K at 4.9GHz -1AVX Vffset 1.27V
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero WiFi
Cooling NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-4000 Memory Model F4-4000C17Q-32GTZRB
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3080 TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Intel 660p M.2 2280 2TB NVMe
Display(s) 1 LG 27GL850-B and 2 ROG Swift PG278Q
Case NZXT - H700 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 - 1000W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
I’ve been playing it on pc with an asus tuf 3080 and there are definitely bugs, the first thing I saw when I started the game was this beautiful girl sitting at the bar next to me. I of course began to check her out and to my shock she had no legs lol that’s right her cybernetic legs were not rendering so they were invisible. Not a great first impression for the game. There’s also crazy things like floating cigarettes during a cutscene one time the guy pulled a gun from his head instead of a little usb chip thing. And every time I look in the mirror my dude is bald and missing the hat I have on him, so much for all that time I spent customizing him. I’m also really tired of hearing breaking bottles constantly as I walk around. Just a lot of little things that really hurt the immersion. Also what is the point of customizing our junk when you don’t even see it during the hot scenes? It just needs a lot of polishing to become the epic game it was hyped up to be. But in its current state it’s just meh and way way overhyped.

I think the lesson learned here, once again, for the umpteenth time should be.... DON'T PRE ORDER. DON'T BUY AT LAUNCH. I can look in the mirror on that last one too and I think I'm gonna get religious about the one year wait for each release :p
I hate to say this, especially since I haven't had any of the issues a lot of people have had, but this is always good advice.

Processor R5 5600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling SPC Fortis 3
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 2x8
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Storage Lexar Pro NM760 1 TB, Corsair MP510 960 GB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard SPC Gear GK550 Omnis Kailh Brown RGB
Read again. I didn’t say W3. I said The Witcher. If you don’t know, then ask. That is where they made their reputation. Did you ever wonder why the only version available is “The Enhanced Edition” or in some locales “The Director’s Cut”? It’s not because they wanted to do extra things to it.
If it's about the first Witcher then I don't even know what you're talking about.
First, there was never any "egg on the face". It was a somewhat niche but well received game, won many awards. The first, non-enhanced edition did.
The enhanced edition being the only one available for purchase is completely normal, there's nothing to wonder about, it's common practice and happens with pretty much all games.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
If it's about the first Witcher then I don't even know what you're talking about.
First, there was never any "egg on the face". It was a somewhat niche but well received game, won many awards. The first, non-enhanced edition did.
The enhanced edition being the only one available for purchase is completely normal, there's nothing to wonder about, it's common practice and happens with pretty much all games.
LOL. The game upon release was a horrid, horrible bug-filled mess, praised for it’s story. CDPR apologized and said they would fix it with a new, revamped release. Patches weren’t going to do it. They offered either refunds or a free replacement game for those that bought the original.

LOL. The game upon release was a horrid, horrible bug-filled mess, praised for it’s story. CDPR apologized and said they would fix it with a new, revamped release. Patches weren’t going to do it. They offered either refunds or a free replacement game for those that bought the original.
I don't remember this, but then again, I'm not a huge Witcher fan..

All these broken expectations from past games somehow only lead to more preorders next time. Maybe people love expecting too much? But first it was all about not coming out soon enough. Can't really have both. I really believe this backlash is even less bad than if they had delayed it again. If you think it's easy to make such a game under this kind of pressure from both sides, maybe you should give it a go.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
All these broken expectations from past games somehow only lead to more preorders next time. Maybe people love expecting too much? But first it was all about not coming out soon enough. Can't really have both. I really believe this backlash is even less bad than if they had delayed it again. If you think it's easy to make such a game under this kind of pressure from both sides, maybe you should give it a go.

That's way off base. You're putting this on consumer's expectations? You mean the ones shaped by none other than CDPR? Seriously!

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Microsoft is now issuing blanket refund for CP2077.
CDPR never should have aimed for simultaneous launch on all platforms, that was the greediest and most irresponsible decision any corpo could make.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Blame the publishers, not the developers for enforcing unrealistic deadlines. Unforeseen complications is always a problem. Marketing hype started way too soon.

System Name Yin/Yang
Processor Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard msi mag x570 tomahawk
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240V2 / asiahorse fs9002 120mm fans
Memory 2 x 16gb g.skill trident z neo 3600
Video Card(s) msi gaming X 2070 super 8gb
Storage 1tb sabrent rocket nvme / 1tb samsung evo 860 sata ssd / 3tb Toshiba hdd
Display(s) lg ultragear 2560x1440 144hz 1ms 27"ips
Case nzxt h510i
Audio Device(s) logitech g635 / creative sound blaster
Power Supply evga supernova 750ga 80 plus gold
Mouse logitech g402 hyperion fury
Keyboard corsair k55
looks like Sony adjusted CDPR's timeline quite significantly...

They went from "we'll fix it in January or February" to releasing a 17gb patch overnight. pretty amazing how quick the execs can move things along when the shoes on the other foot and it's their money on the line ey?

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro
RTX has nothing to do with it.

It does indirectly. It still diverts resources and development time that could have otherwise be spent on other stuff... be it other graphics, optimization etc.

Not complaining about RTX being in the game as it improves the the looks quite a bit in a lot of places, just stating the obvious.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
It does indirectly. It still diverts resources and development time that could have otherwise be spent on other stuff... be it other graphics, optimization etc.

Not complaining about RTX being in the game as it improves the the looks quite a bit in a lot of places, just stating the obvious.
When it comes to game development, I agree that RTX should be an after thought after the game is 85-90% complete.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I play Cyberpunk on a PC and it's pretty good. I like the game it is very entertaining. The visuals are, simply put, awesome. CDPR did a huge mistake by releasing it on an older gen consoles considering how demanding that game is. I know they wanted everyone to have access to it without having the need to buy new consoles. They wanted good turned out to be really bad cause what the game offers on an older gen consoles is just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 24505

Implementing RTX for release should have depended on the % of games which use it, rather than the small % of games/users that do.

This game NEVER should have been released for PS4 or Xbox One.

My guess is that it spent so much time in development Hell, they didn't want to cancel it so they rolled the dice on it and crapped out.

If I can't get 60 FPS with a 3090, 64GB DDR4 and SSD then it was NEVER going to work on last gen consoles.

ixi

Implementing RTX for release should have depended on the % of games which use it, rather than the small % of games/users that do.

If ngreedia would give you too (dont know how much they paid cdpr) 1 million muņē (money) for example to apply their stickers on everything you own. You would do it because muņē rules everything.

I think greedy bastards who are responsible almost for everything saw the big muņē from them. Just took it and told their good fellas to implement that garbage can even if their game clearly wasnt ready for at least one more year...

Last edited:

wow_parzival

I play this on PC, and so far it's fantastic, looks unbelievable and just needs a little tweaking to get good framerates, too many people set it to "high" or "ultra" and put no thought into the performance hit vs aesthetics. I used a mod to get better memory/Ryzen utilisation but no doubt CDPR will optimise and correct these bugs eventually.
EDIT: I played witcher, witcher 2 and witcher 3 at launch. Witcher 2 was an absolute dog to run and I had bleeding edge hardware at the time, Witcher 3 was super buggy at launch.

Personally, I was really hyped for the game, but I'm old enough to know not to expect something impossible.

For those playing on PC experiencing bad performance, come on, you're on a hardware tweaking website, learn to tweak settings to suit your hardware.

Exactly! That's awesome. Expectations are important to keep balanced. I'm hoping CDPR still makes a bunch from this game. They put so much work into it and I've been thrilled by its first trailer seven years ago. Plus, I haven't had many issues at all, except Jackie passing through vehicles and doors haha but not a big deal. Running a 1080Ti at 65% 4K resolution. Good story that totally surprised me so far.

That's way off base. You're putting this on consumer's expectations? You mean the ones shaped by none other than CDPR? Seriously!

Cmon, the most they 'lied' about was the last-gen consoles. And they just withheld the last-gen console copies for reviewers. I wouldn't really call that lying. That's withholding information at most. And they are even saying that patches for those versions are coming. But let me ask you a far more important question:

Since when did we start giving a fuck about last-gen consoles?

It actually couldn't be more of a CDPR thing to do, honestly. Remember all the jokes about them hating consoles? Maybe those weren't just joked. The thing is, how can you even be mad at them for doing what we always kinda knew CDPR for?

Last edited:
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
It is NV sponsored game what did you expect? We have all seen the resent Hardware Unboxed email from NV and what they have said in that email.
Although I agree, CDPR should have not put so much emphasis on RT which is barely playable on a $2k cards

D

Deleted member 24505

It is NV sponsored game what did you expect? We have all seen the resent Hardware Unboxed email from NV and what they have said in that email.
Although I agree, CDPR should have not put so much emphasis on RT which is barely playable on a $2k cards

The industry need to stop sponsored games then. its a crock of shit. just makes it dodgy imo, here's a backhander to make sure you implement our GPU tech how is that not dodgy.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The most surprising thing here is that people expected otherwise.

Name one other open-world game of this size and scope that launched flawlessly? Just search for GTA V launch bugs - that was so bad people couldn't even run the game, and many of those who could got stuck on the prologue with either crashes or bugs that prevented them from carrying on into the main game.

CP2077 will be a great game in time, just like Skyrim, GTA V, Witcher 3 etc. All of them had rough launches that were no different to this.
People need to remember history, stop whining like little kids, and exercise some goddamn patience!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Cmon, the most they 'lied' about was the last-gen consoles. And they just withheld the last-gen console copies for reviewers. I wouldn't really call that lying. That's withholding information at most. And they are even saying that patches for those versions are coming. But let me ask you a far more important question:

Since when did we start giving a fuck about last-gen consoles?

It actually couldn't be more of a CDPR thing to do, honestly. Remember all the jokes about them hating consoles? Maybe those weren't just joked. The thing is, how can you even be mad at them for doing what we always kinda knew CDPR for?

Exactly. The penny drops... this is the harsh and straight up "customer due diligence" or "you will get screwed" choice. But we did come to hold CDPR to a higher standard... its what we liked about them. Heck its why I had faith to buy on release which i usually never do... Now console corporate customer screwing is leaking into a PC release... this is no good and definitely damaging to the brand.

This is what really happened and I already drew the line to No Mans Sky which went down in exactly the same way. Good chance devs also said, "fine, you want to release this? Do it, we are done then" Not realizing the backlash would harm them too, or even taking it for granted. That speaks of a team under too much pressure.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
This is what really happened and I already drew the line to No Mans Sky which went down in exactly the same way. Good chance devs also said, "fine, you want to release this? Do it, we are done then" Not realizing the backlash would harm them too, or even taking it for granted. That speaks of a team under too much pressure.
A bit OT but if you haven't played NMS yet, it's actually really good. I think I did myself a favour by ignoring it for over 2 years after launch