• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp ThrottleStop 9.3 Released

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
TechPowerUp today released the latest version of ThrottleStop by Kevin Glynn, a handy utility that lets you take greater control over the power-management features of your processor, so you can prevent it from unnecessarily throttling. This is particularly useful with notebooks that have aggressive CPU throttling. With the latest version 9.3, ThrottleStop introduces support for Core i9-10900K and i9-10850K processors, including a new Turbo Group access window.

The Turbo Power Limit controls have been updated with a toggle that lets you disable TPL control, along with the ability to clear TPL Lock options. The ThrottleStop Bench and C-State windows have been updated for 10th Gen Core processors. Other improvements include limit reasons for 10th and 11th Gen Core processors, improved access to Windows internal power plans, access to the PROCHOT offset variable, AVX offset control for Unlocked K-series processors, reporting and logging of Thermal Velocity Boost and Vmax stress. Several other UI changes were made. Grab ThrottleStop 9.3 from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp ThrottleStop 9.3 by Kevin Glynn

The change-log follows.
  • Added 10850K / 10900K support including a new Turbo Group access window.
  • Updated the TPL window and added an option to disable turbo power limit control.
  • Added the ability to clear the TPL Lock options if accidentally locked.
  • Updated the TS Bench and the C State window for the 10 core CPUs.
  • Enabled Limit Reasons support for 10th and 11th Gen CPUs.
  • Improved access to the Windows power plans.
  • Added access to the PROCHOT offset variable.
  • Added AVX offset control for unlocked K series CPUs.
  • Added reporting, logging and control of Thermal Velocity Boost and V-Max Stress.
  • Added clickable monitoring table headings, including minimum temperature and APIC ID.
  • Double click the monitoring table for an extended view if you have more than 8 threads.
  • Disabled Set Multiplier access when Speed Shift is enabled.
  • More obvious feedback in the FIVR window when CPU voltage control is locked.
  • Fixed log file data writing so log file data gets written to the correct day.
  • Changed and fixed the logo selector.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Love the new TPL window.
Me too. It is a thing of beauty compared to the previous one.

It is also more functional. The MSR Turbo Limits data is being updated in real time. If you check the Disable Power Limit Control option, now you can watch this data to see if any other software on your computer is changing the power limits without your knowledge. I think MSI Dragon Center has a bug where it is "accidentally" setting the turbo power limits to 0. This can cause some severe throttling, especially if the Clamp option is also enabled. I have seen a lot of computers with this problem during the last few months. This new feature should help out with troubleshooting.

Just need to get the radio buttons up at the top hooked up and working. It is at the top of the things to do list.

Edit - Almost forgot. The new TPL window also makes it easier to see when the BIOS has locked one of the power limit registers.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 57ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
With a AIO water cooler my CPU is very unlikely to be throttled
That is factually incorrect. Throttling in this context isn't due to temperature, but due to a lot of other factors, like power, current, etc

That is factually incorrect. Throttling in this context isn't due to temperature, but due to a lot of other factors, like power, current, etc

I run my processor at stock clock as stability is more important but the BOIS has a hotrod feature which is where the water cooler along with 1000W makes sure the CPU runs fine

unclewebb

ThrottleStop 9.3 default value
ThrottleStop simply reads this information from the CPU. If a CPU does not support Thermal Velocity Boost then having this setting checked or not checked should not make any difference.

On CPUs that support Thermal Velocity Boost, having this box clear will allow the CPU to continue using Thermal Velocity Boost beyond 70°C. This new feature has already proven to be useful on the 10850H which supports TVB.

Intel creates a wide range of CPU models by enabling and disabling various features. It is likely that your CPU originally had TVB but it was disabled when Intel decided to call it a 9300H.

I run my processor at stock clock as stability is more important but the BOIS has a hotrod feature which is where the water cooler along with 1000W makes sure the CPU runs fine
I bet you don't know how ThrottleStop works. Just a hint - it's not about the clocks or multipliers in the first place.

zoo

System Name La Merma IV
Processor Intel Quad Core Q9450
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 DELUXE/WiFi@n
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED
Memory 2GB OCZ Pltinum DDR3 1333mhz
Video Card(s) PNY XLR8 9800GX2 1024m
Storage WD 2x160 SATA II RAID 0 & WD 250Gb SATA II
Display(s) SONY Bravia XB6 37" & Viewsonic VX 2235W
Case Thermanltake Armor Silver
Audio Device(s) X-FI Elite PRO & Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 860w
Software Windows XP PRO
Hi
i'm getting FIVR-Locked with this version 9.3. All options there are in grey color.
With versions 8.6 - 8.7, i have no problems
With version 9.2, 9.3 i can't activate GPU Temp icon in notification area
my Laptop ASUS G530GW intel i7 9750H

any help will be welcome :)

unclewebb

getting FIVR-Locked with this version
Older versions of ThrottleStop did not report when the FIVR was locked. The newer versions do. If it says FIVR is locked then the FIVR is locked. With the older versions try applying a voltage offset and look in the FIVR monitoring table to see if the voltage offset is being applied. The Offset column in the monitoring table will likely show a column of +0.0000.

I can't activate GPU Temp icon in notification area
Before you can turn this feature on, you have to enable Nvidia GPU monitoring in the Options window.
Not everyone wants to monitor their GPU so this is an optional feature.

1615739912100.png

Reactions: zoo

zoo

System Name La Merma IV
Software Windows XP PRO
FOA, thanks for your answerer!

So, i got the GPU icon back, good. But the offset doesn't change at all even in the old version 8.7. Even though, Throttlestop is working because the temps keep low while de app is running. 0.o

unclewebb

the offset doesn't change at all
Exactly. The BIOS has locked CPU voltage control on your laptop. This is a common issue. Do a Google search for Plundervolt. This is the reason why Intel released an update to disable voltage control.

Even though, ThrottleStop is working
ThrottleStop is working. You can adjust your CPU speed but you cannot adjust your CPU voltage if your CPU is locked. That is what ThrottleStop 9.2 and 9.3 are telling you.

Reactions: zoo

zoo

System Name La Merma IV
Software Windows XP PRO
Ok the problem was fixed. I Just downgrade the BIOS and delete de firmware update file in Windows/firmware folder and now i got the undervolting options back again.

I don't have AXD, SGX SDK installed, so i think i'm save about Plundervolt.

@unclewebb, thank for you help my friend i really apretiate it! :)

We never stop learning something every days :)

Last edited: