• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A-10 5800k Apu crashes/restarts when playing games on IGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
smells like ram/power supply to me as well
ignore the guy suggesting you format and install frigging linux he doesn't know what hes talking about

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
okayy, i did fresh copy of windows 8, installed 13.12, no shit, this can't be solved, this machine is efd up, fruck amd and gigabyte
Wait wait wait, it seems that the machine was fine before the corrupted Bios issue correct? So if we go off by that then the bios restore has something wrong with it in that area. Its likely either a couple of things I can think of:

1: Ram issue
2: The Bios is still corrupted or missing something.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Wait wait wait, it seems that the machine was fine before the corrupted Bios issue correct? So if we go off by that then the bios restore has something wrong with it in that area. Its likely either a couple of things I can think of:

----------
you need to shh you are talking out your bum bios has nothing todo with the issue hes having
there is no such thing as "bios" corruption if the bios was corrupt then the machine would not post PERIOD!
CMOS != BIOS != relation to the problem
its either ram or power most likely power given the shitbox for a psu hes using
do what newteki said bump the ram to 1.65v if that doesn't do I would start uping the primary voltages by 0.25(or one step) (cpu core /cpu-nb and the PCI-e voltage)
and replace that crap psu

the directions on the box are only a guide just because the box says this ram will run at its rated speed does not mean it will they can't test every possible combination of hardware if you can't accept that fact that you will need todo some fiddling to get the machine stable then you should't have built your own pc

also whining "AMD sucks" just because you don't know what you are doing isn't gonna fix anything so I suggest you take a breath and think

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
you need to shh you are talking out your bum bios has nothing todo with the issue hes having
there is no such thing as "bios" corruption if the bios was corrupt then the machine would not post PERIOD!
do what newteki said bump the ram to 1.65v if that doesn't do I would start uping the primary voltages by 0.25(or one step) (cpu core /cpu-nb and the PCI-e voltage)
also whining "AMD sucks" just because you don't know what you are doing isn't gonna fix anything so I suggest you take a breath and think
First of all who made you the god of everything so the one who needs to shush is you.

Second, he had a corrupted Bios as he stated in another post and after restoring said bios this issue occurred which leads to something in the bios being wrong whether it be a faulty setting or version that is not working correctly with the CPU or ram installed.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
First of all who made you the god of everything so the one who needs to shush is you.

Second, he had a corrupted Bios as he stated in another post and after restoring said bios this issue occurred which leads to something in the bios being wrong whether it be a faulty setting or version that is not working correctly with the CPU or ram installed.
if you actually knew what you where talking about I would't need to explain why what you AND the op stated has nothing todo with his stability issue because neither you nor the op have any clue that what is coming out of your mouth is non-sense

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
if you actually knew what you where talking about I would't need to explain why what you AND the op stated has nothing todo with his stability issue because neither you nor the op have any clue that what is coming out of your mouth is non-sense
Excuse me, the OP asked for help not for a rude person to act all high and mighty so the only person who needs to cool his jets is you.

You obviously did not read his previous post, the machine got messed up during a bios update and when his friend restored it the issues that are present now arose and he is where he is now. So it obviously has something to do with that and not a crappy PSU unless it failed in that time frame. APU uses barely any wattage when just using the CPU and GPU on die so a off brand 550Watt is not going to have problems powering that.

@Aardewolfe you may have a memory compatibility problem since I do not see that kit listed on the gigabyte motherboard support list. It may not be able to run at that high a frequency on that board so you may try knocking it down to 1600.

Last edited:

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Excuse me, the OP asked for help not for a rude person to act all high and mighty.

You obviously did not read his previous post, the machine got messed up during a bios update and when his friend restored it the issues that are present now arose and he is where he is now. So it obviously has something to do with that and not a crappy PSU unless it failed in that time frame. APU uses barely any wattage when just using the CPU and GPU on die so a off brand 550Watt is not going to have problems powering that.
again your limitation-of-experience is showing lets shoot you down mmkay:

1. if indeed there was a failed flash attempt and a restore either via a SPI flash or whatever backup that board has. then it has NO bearing on his current issue in regards to "corruption" the rom image as well as the settings are protected a crc check assuming that indeed a full reflash was required ALL settings including ANY-BACKUPS would have been purged and the system restored to factory defaults specifically if you manage to botch a flash and then use either the boards 2d boot block or a spi-flash doggle then the ENTIRE rom is completely wiped and everything is 0000d out - very special cases involving systems with mulipl bios chips his board does have dual bios's so if he botched a upgrade the system would have auto-booted from the second chip and then that chip would have reflashed the primary chip and there would have been no need for his friend todo anything other then press f2 twice all cmos settings and profiles are PURGED during this process

2. its not about wattage its about AMPS and how CLEAN the power is you could have a 1200WAT psu and if its got 20MV of ripple its as good as junk
now is is possible that something isn't configured correctly in the bios certainly is it "corruption" or a "error" nope

now hes getting crashes at GAMING load particularly when stressing the gpu block
that tells me that one of the following is causing the instability
1.dirty power from that cheap unit causing ripple when under load this screws up the voltage regulation leading to momentary dips and spikes in voltage not enough to cause any damage but enough to make things a bit unstable
2. the particular apu/board combo isn't quite up to 100.5% spec: give the voltages a little bump and that will alleviate any marginal IC quality issues also will help correct for problem 1

3. since he obviously reset to factory defaults its possible the the ram timings are off a little tho this is less likely because this kind of fault generally shows in the form of a BSOD or hard lock regardless of weather the APU is stressed or not given that he is seeing problems primarily when gaming that tells me that while its not impossible it would be lower on the list of things to check
so in closing
1. check that the ram is running at its rated speed and timings and voltage and apply correction as needed
2. give everybody a 0.25v bump and see if that helps if it does then you need to restore the previous values one at a time to isolate the cause
3. run a memtest via the startup menu and let it run for SEVERAL HOURS
4. don't search threads for other peoples problems and then use that as your SOLE basis for offering advice my point of contention is this quote here :I saw another post about an bios issue, you may have a bad bios version so I would try putting the latest Stable version from gigabyte:
you never linked to said post nor explained your reasoning so I am left to believe that you punched in the search-o-matic took the first thread you found as the chronicle of god and then made up your mind that that had to be the issue then you started spouting utter non-sense about "corrupt" bios and bad backups without frigging understanding what exactly happen or what happens on a duel bios board when a upgrade is botched and I am extremely dubious that anything was botched in the first place and the op is simply failing to understand what happened

Last edited:
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Asus p8z77-v lx
Cooling Intel stock
Memory 4gb Micron 1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX r7 265 2gb Ghost edition
Storage WD Green 1tb 32mb cache
Display(s) HP 2009F
Case CM stacker
Audio Device(s) Steel Series 7h USB 7.1
Power Supply Antec BP550+
Software Win 8 64bit
i'm p
I'm thinking its something other than the processors...

What kind of crashes are we looking at anyway??? Hardware based BSODS, or just program crashes (xxxx.exe has stopped working)?

The ubuntu idea seems like it should work. Maybe run memtest and such for seeing errors.

the problem is, i'm playing a game, or running 3dmarkvantage, after sometime the pc will restart giving no error, that's it ... it just restarts and sometimes freezes, giving stuttering sound ... that's all

Test your RAM. You might also have to bump up the voltage on the RAM, it is only running at 1.5v but some HyperX 1866 kits require 1.65v to run stable(the CAS10 kits run at 1.5v but the CAS9 kits require 1.65v).

Also, most Chieftech power supplies are crap, so that could be causing the issue too.

mine runs at 1.5v, it's CL 11

1: Ram issue

@OneMoar ... i have two psu, the other one is hiper 530w, totally sleeved, dual railed ... giving complete volatge of 3.3,5 and 12v, tested on aidaextreme ... i don't know if it's still powert supply or my ram ... @GhostRyder ... when i first bought this package, i only tested it with kingston 1333 2gb, so i didn't check the gaming performance as it's of no use at such speeds, then i got these hyper x, even before the bios corrupt thing, it restarted while i was testing the igpu in bf3 mp, i thought might be a game glitch, so i updated the bios and shit happened, but i recovered the bios, everything is good but no luck the igpu, don't know why ...

o

the directions on the box are only a guide just because the box says this ram will run at its rated speed does not mean it will they can't test every possible combination of hardware if you can't accept that fact that you will need todo some fiddling to get the machine stable then you should't have built your own pc

@OneMoar provided the language ur using, all the newbie and newtechi thing ... i might be new on this forum, but we have our own forum in our country, i'm a senior member of pakgamers.com from pakistan, if i'm posting here, that only means that i'm new with amd, i hope u better edify ur language, forums are supposed to be respectful, it's not facebook or shit to fuck about things ... so peace, try not harm any personality and start contributing to the problem thanks ... i might have more benchmarks then u can ever think of ... newtechi, lol

Excuse me, the OP asked for help not for a rude person to act all high and mighty so the only person who needs to cool his jets is you.

@Aardewolfe you may have a memory compatibility problem since I do not see that kit listed on the gigabyte motherboard support list. It may not be able to run at that high a frequency on that board so you may try knocking it down to 1600.

bro u got me an idea, my friend has vangeance 1600mhz, let me ask him if he can lend me that ram for few hours, thanks @GhostRyder really appreciate this ... and this board go upto 2400mhz on ram, tested by the guy from whom bought it ...

Last edited by a moderator:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
You need to combine posts, and read forum guidelines... be careful of esd. Ram is probably the most susceptable to it just by handling the modules...

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Aardwolfe software sensors are never to be taken seriously unless you have had the psu on a test bench assume that its bad
Thats rule 1 when trouble shooting a suggested bad psu or any Suspected hardware related issue

throw some voltage at it and watch it get fixed also when that no-name cheap chinese made unit explodes and takes the entire system with it I don't wanna read about it on TPU

memory compatibility issues are certainly possible there has been many a case of x brand or ram not working on x board due to memory IC differences and them just not liking each other its always been that way even way back in the 386 days

do i believe its a issue here absolutely not: because I know what the symptoms of that kind of "incompatibility" are and i have never seen a case where your problem was a result

amd generally require more tweaking then intel ESPECIALLY when it comes to getting stability at higher memory speeds that apu supports 1866 but very few will do that out of the box

4 people here have told you how to fix it you don't seem to want to listen remember you are the one asking for advice I don't give a crap if you work for PCmag that doesn't mean you know what you are doing
so ill reiterate
UP THE CPU AND CHIPSET VOLTAGES BY 0.25 IF THAT DOESN'T DO IT then you can move on to trying other kits of ram 0.25 isn't even gonna increase the temps more then 5F
on amd you may very well need to adjust the timings to get 1866 first rule of AMD
AMD Lie

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Aardwolfe software sensors are never to be taken seriously unless you have had the psu on a test bench assume that its bad
Thats rule 1 when trouble shooting a suggested bad psu or any Suspected hardware related issue

throw some voltage at it and watch it get fixed also when that no-name cheap chinese made unit explodes and takes the entire system with it I don't wanna read about it on TPU

ghost is one of the types of people on this board I don't tolerate he doesn't have a clue what hes talking about but speaks as if he does and the lesser informed buy into it and end up with broken systems
memory compatibility certainly possible there has been many a case of x brand or ram not working on x board due to memory IC differences and them just not liking each other its always been that way
do i believe its a issue here absolutely not: because I know what the symptoms of that kind of "incompatibility" are and i have never seen a case where your problem was a result
amd generally require more tweaking then intel ESPECIALLY when it comes to getting stability at higher memory speeds that apu supports 1866 but very few will do that out of the box
4 people here have told you how to fix it you don't seem to want to listen remember you are the one asking for advice I don't give a crap if you work for PCmag that doesn't mean you know what you are going
Your one to talk, I don't tolerate people who for starters can't even write a complete sentence and then start fights with people over whose idea is better when the reality is your supposed to help people out. Another thing is if you can't even take a second to notice a second post regarding an issue with the same system chances are you have very little experience since one of the main rules is to always do your research. Last time I'm speaking to you, just putting your almighty on the ignore list since you have nothing intelligent to say. Maybe you should grow up...

bro u got me an idea, my friend has vangeance 1600mhz, let me ask him if he can lend me that ram for few hours, thanks @GhostRyder really appreciate this ... and this board go upto 2400mhz on ram, tested by the guy from whom bought it ...
Ram is finicky on an AMD APU, you sometimes have to double check compatibility when buying along with making sure the settings that the ram is rated to run at are correct in the bios information.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Calm down ladies.

If it restarts without any error message, go to Start-> Control Panel->System & Sec->System->Advanced System Settings Click Startup and Recovery and uncheck the box for "Automatically restart"

Next open Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->System Click on the "Level" until the critical items are listed first, choose the last one, right click copy details as text, and past into a post here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963902.aspx

Download and run this, create a log file, attach and post it as well.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Just spent some time cleaning up this mess..... please don't double, triple or quadruple post, if your too lazy to use the multiquote or edit function then I will just start deleting. Then again if this petty and childish tit for tat behaviour continues I will just delete the thread anyway..... win win! Thank you.

Processor i5 3570k
Cooling Intel stock
Display(s) HP 2009F
Case CM stacker
Software Win 8 64bit
Thank u everyone for effing ur minds with my sh#t :D

Problem solved @OneMoar and @GhostRyder and all the rest, took my friend's vangeance 4gb 1600mhz and posting the result, my hyperX wasn't faulty, but just incompatible, my friend is using my hyperx rams on his 2nd gen i3 system and are working fine ... Hell of performance downgrade on igpu using 1600mhz from 1866mhz ... 33-38 fps nfs most wanted came down to 20-25 fps at 1600mhz speed ...

Kombustor test for 32min with Vangeance 4gb 1600mhz (using xmt profile, can't get it above 1600):

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Normally gskill or Corsair Will be.

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Thank u everyone for effing ur minds with my sh#t :D

Problem solved @OneMoar and @GhostRyder and all the rest, took my friend's vangeance 4gb 1600mhz and posting the result, my hyperX wasn't faulty, but just incompatible, my friend is using my hyperx rams on his 2nd gen i3 system and are working fine ... Hell of performance downgrade on igpu using 1600mhz from 1866mhz ... 33-38 fps nfs most wanted came down to 20-25 fps at 1600mhz speed ...

Kombustor test for 32min with Vangeance 4gb 1600mhz (using xmt profile, can't get it above 1600):
Glad I could help you sir.
Now suggest me 1866/2133 ram that would be compatible with the apu ...

Gskill Trident works on every APU system ive built so far so I can safely recommend them. However it would come down to the compatibility list from Gigabyte.

I put some Gskill Trident X 2400 2x4gb set on a A10-7850k and Asrock A88X board and it worked flawlessly. Also similar to what you have in there now I have had no trouble from putting some corsair inside an A10-6800K system with a gigabyte A88X board (Its a 1600 set though probably the same you have inside now).

I would recommend both of them for your system as they have some very good AMD support and I have not had problems with them on APU's. But I would just make sure with the compatibility list that it will be supported because it can have more information as needed.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
@Aardwolfe

Have you tried just giving your current RAM more voltage? Many AMD setups I've had just like to have the ram set to around .05 (or a little more) extra volts to keep stable.

Processor i5 3570k
Cooling Intel stock
Display(s) HP 2009F
Case CM stacker
Software Win 8 64bit
Glad I could help you sir.

Gskill Trident works on every APU system ive built so far so I can safely recommend them. However it would come down to the compatibility list from Gigabyte.

I put some Gskill Trident X 2400 2x4gb set on a A10-7850k and Asrock A88X board and it worked flawlessly. Also similar to what you have in there now I have had no trouble from putting some corsair inside an A10-6800K system with a gigabyte A88X board (Its a 1600 set though probably the same you have inside now).

I would recommend both of them for your system as they have some very good AMD support and I have not had problems with them on APU's. But I would just make sure with the compatibility list that it will be supported because it can have more information as needed.

Thanks alot bro, but i guess trident isn't in the list, i already sent that support the person who provided me the ram, i asked him to replace me the ram, m gonna post the list of rams he has ... kindly tell me in that list, which one should i go for ... thanks amigos ...

Here goes the list:
1) Kingston HyperX Beast (T3) - 16GB Kit* (2x8GB) - DDR3 1866MHz Intel XMP 1.5Volt
2) Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory Kit
3) Crucial® Ballistix® Sport Series 8GB Stick
4) vangeance is an option, but i want 1866mhz, so no to vangeance

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Thanks alot bro, but i guess trident isn't in the list, i already sent that support the person who provided me the ram, i asked him to replace me the ram, m gonna post the list of rams he has ... kindly tell me in that list, which one should i go for ... thanks amigos ...

Here goes the list:
1) Kingston HyperX Beast (T3) - 16GB Kit* (2x8GB) - DDR3 1866MHz Intel XMP 1.5Volt
2) Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory Kit
3) Crucial® Ballistix® Sport Series 8GB Stick
4) vangeance is an option, but i want 1866mhz, so no to vangeance
Corsair Vengeance does come in many 1866 flavors and above, even comes in 3 different colors :p

I would get the Corsair if I was you personally also because the Kingston HyperX provided an issue before for you but I have only tried one crucial set in an APU and it was 1333. As long as the motherboard guarantees support, then you should have no problems other than maybe a tweak here and there.

You could try this Gskill set, it supports the Gskill Ripjaws series (Specifically the 2133 Z and X series according to the manufacturer site).

Last edited:
Processor i5 3570k
Cooling Intel stock
Display(s) HP 2009F
Case CM stacker
Software Win 8 64bit
Corsair Vengeance does come in many 1866 flavors and above, even comes in 3 different colors :p

I would get the Corsair if I was you personally also because the Kingston HyperX provided an issue before for you but I have only tried one crucial set in an APU and it was 1333. As long as the motherboard guarantees support, then you should have no problems other than maybe a tweak here and there.

You could try this Gskill set, it supports the Gskill Ripjaws series (Specifically the 2133 Z and X series according to the manufacturer site).

only following rams bro, cuz i ain't gettin my refund :D ... plus 2133 are kits of 16gb, i don't have that much budget now ... have to get 4 or 8gb for currently

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
only following rams bro, cuz i ain't gettin my refund :D ... plus 2133 are kits of 16gb, i don't have that much budget now ... have to get 4 or 8gb for currently
Only problem I run into with that board is the support list for 1866 is quite small actually with 2 of them listed as end of life...

Of the choices you have listed, I would say that there are no listing of crucial support beyond 1600mhz so I would say to avoid them on that motherboard just to be safe. The Kingston is what you just replaced that was not working so I would try to avoid them, might I ask if this is out of range for you because it says they support this ram in the 4x4gb kit.
http://www.amazon.co_uk/dp/B006FWYGSE/?tag=tec053-21

In all honesty I would try to get a Gskill set if you can because they seem to be low on the biased support side and just work for at least me even when not listed on the motherboard manufacturer's website. These normally have very good support in all systems I run across.

If your going with your choices, I guess Kingston would be the only option I would trust just because crucial's support list is a bit low and you can't get a vengeance set. But I would try and get something local if you can so you can test it before hand if that is at all possible if thats what your looking at.

But beyond that, for an APU I really only like to recommend Gskill or Corsair because they seem to just work without much stress compared to other brands on the AMD platform.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Thanks alot bro, but i guess trident isn't in the list, i already sent that support the person who provided me the ram, i asked him to replace me the ram, m gonna post the list of rams he has ... kindly tell me in that list, which one should i go for ... thanks amigos ... Here goes the list: 1) Kingston HyperX Beast (T3) - 16GB Kit* (2x8GB) - DDR3 1866MHz Intel XMP 1.5Volt 2) Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory Kit 3) Crucial® Ballistix® Sport Series 8GB Stick 4) vangeance is an option, but i want 1866mhz, so no to vangeance

I'm glad this got solved. I was just checking back here and was going to mention that after building ~20 FM2 computers in the last year that they can be extremely finicky with RAM. Even your original BIOS issue sounds like an issue with the RAM to me. I've had these things just start failing to post, and swapping out RAM worked. And the 5800K seems to be the worst of the bunch for RAM compatibility.

Oddly enough though, usually the HyperX RAM works just fine. Though I've never used the CAS11 stuff. I'm guessing that they are running the CAS11 stuff with that high of timings because they just barely passed quality control for 1866.

Anyway, I'd actually go with the Vengence RAM. I've had extremely good success with Corsair Vengence RAM and the FM2 APUs. In fact, it is what I run in my personal APU rigs. I'm currently running Vengence RAM in both APU rigs in my signature. The A8-5800K Rig is actually using the Vegence 1600MHz CAS9 Ram. It easily runs at 1866MHz, I just changed the timings from 9-9-9-24 to 9-10-9-27, that is actually all Corsair does to get the RAM running faster. The standard Vengence 1866 memory runs at 9-10-9-17 by default, and their Vengence 1600 runs at 9-9-9-24 by default. So all I did was buy the cheaper stuff and manual adjust the settings to match the more expensive stuff.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
@Aardwolfe

Have you tried just giving your current RAM more voltage? Many AMD setups I've had just like to have the ram set to around .05 (or a little more) extra volts to keep stable.

I would just set it to the specs on label,

Bros Ph2 x2 555 be unlocked to x4 955 be 1600 Gskill.

Processor i5 3570k
Cooling Intel stock
Display(s) HP 2009F
Case CM stacker
Software Win 8 64bit
I'm glad this got solved. I was just checking back here and was going to mention that after building ~20 FM2 computers in the last year that they can be extremely finicky with RAM. Even your original BIOS issue sounds like an issue with the RAM to me. I've had these things just start failing to post, and swapping out RAM worked. And the 5800K seems to be the worst of the bunch for RAM compatibility.

Oddly enough though, usually the HyperX RAM works just fine. Though I've never used the CAS11 stuff. I'm guessing that they are running the CAS11 stuff with that high of timings because they just barely passed quality control for 1866.

Anyway, I'd actually go with the Vengence RAM. I've had extremely good success with Corsair Vengence RAM and the FM2 APUs. In fact, it is what I run in my personal APU rigs. I'm currently running Vengence RAM in both APU rigs in my signature. The A8-5800K Rig is actually using the Vegence 1600MHz CAS9 Ram. It easily runs at 1866MHz, I just changed the timings from 9-9-9-24 to 9-10-9-27, that is actually all Corsair does to get the RAM running faster. The standard Vengence 1866 memory runs at 9-10-9-17 by default, and their Vengence 1600 runs at 9-9-9-24 by default. So all I did was buy the cheaper stuff and manual adjust the settings to match the more expensive stuff.

i never cared for ram speed before on my any intel setup before, but here bcause of the apu, more speed means more igpu performance, and it's really hard for me to handle the timings, cz every board has different bios settings, mine is Gigabyte F2A85X-up4 ... btw i have ordered xms3 4gb 1600mhz in exchange to that hyperX, will arrive on wednesday ... i'm gonna sell this setup, didn't make me happy at all, never knew amd and gigabyte can be that glitcy, i switched from asus to gigabyte, terrible mistake i guess ...

@eidairaman1 Gs.kill rams are currently unavailable in my country, the retailer stopped bringing them as the prices raised too much ... still new prices are too high for all the rams, we have to rely on some importer for rams at great price and great rams ...

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
The odd thing is too, I didn't really see that big of a drop off in performance going from 1866 to 1600, maybe 1-2FPS but definitely not 10+. By any chance was the Vengence RAM you got from your friend a single stick?

Also, I've never been a fan of Gigabyte, the one FM2 Gigabyte board I got(it might have even been the same one you have) was a total pain in the ass. It was the one that literally stopped POSTing randomly until I replaced the RAM with 1333 memory, then it kept BSODing even with the computer was idle but it would happen faster under load. I ended up sending the motherboard back and getting an ASRock. I stick pretty exclusively to ASRock or ASUS, I only used the Gigabyte board that one time because it was I could get locally in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.