• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

Tarkin94

Hey,
I downloaded the AAF DCH audio pack and installed DTS:X Ultra and DTS Unbound in it, no more is probably needed for me.
On the first day DTS Unbound (license) worked fine, now on the second day after installation I don't have the license there anymore. Where is the problem?

sorin69

not working for my onboard realtek (gigabyte x570s aorus master).any sugestions?

System Name Legion 5-15ACH6 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JW
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H With Radeon Graphics (6 Cores, 3.3Ghz Up To 4.25Ghz)
Motherboard LENOVO (LNVNB161216)
Cooling Legion Internal Cooling Fans + Universal N19 External Cooler (1.5W, 23-44CFM, 0.4A, 1*130mm Fan)
Memory Ramaxel Technology 8gb SODIMM DDR4 3200Mhz x2 (16gb, Dual Channel)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (4.0 GB) / AMD Radeon Graphics 448SP Mobile (2.0 GB, Disabled)
Storage SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000L2 M.2 SSD / Samsung 850 EVO SSD x2
Display(s) Default Moniter 15'6 (165hz, Dolby Vision HDR, 1080p, FreeSync/G-Sync Compatiable)
Audio Device(s) Lenovo Legion H500 7.1 Headset/Realtek(R) Audio w/Nahimic Audio (ALC3306)
Power Supply 230W 100-240V 50-60Hz AC Adapter
Mouse Trands-International 6D 6-Button Mouse
Keyboard Legion Truestrike keyboard Enhanced (101-Key or 102-Key)
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview x64 (Canary Channel)
Benchmark Scores Will Update Eventually Too Lazy XD (If You Want PM Me Cuz Prob Won't Update It)
not working for my onboard realtek (gigabyte x570s aorus master).any sugestions?
Maybe Say The Issue Then I Might Help

sorin69

Maybe Say The Issue Then I Might Help
can I export dts from this freaking mobo? :p im using optical out and for test im using netflix app which is defitenly a dts sourse!It just cant export dts sound!

Last edited:
Hallelujah! I made it back into the fold again and have unlocked the Optimus. Still a little weird taming this newer Win10x64 version 22H2 which requires dialing down or removing resource heavy or unnedessary features. But after enabling dev mode I was able to successfully install. I was so happy to have "real" surround sound again I didnt change anything but there is a slight new twist. DTS was in place from stock windows but it was same analog low-fi quality as stock MF audio. The Realtek Sound panel was default. Now I am using Dolby Digital Live 5.1with the DTS control panel but no option for DTS. Also, I have SB2, Atmos, Realtek AC and SB xfi MG5 in start menu so I may have messed up during selection. Still sounds incredible. Tonight I want to play around and see which apps may or not work and how they sound etc. Be curious to hear which ones folks like to use most and why. Wow, it is crazy how terrible mobo sound is without correct implementation or use of a third party solution. I am stoked again thanks all.

BogDad

Just in case, I will write about my victory in the fight against the AAF drivers and X-Fi MB5.
5 days ago my Win11 upgraded to the latest version and for some reason X-Fi MB5 started showing "Audio device is disabled" error. As a result, I did not manage to get the driver and MB5 to work correctly. Therefore, I reinstalled Windows to an older version and everything worked until yesterday, when Win11 decided to upgrade to the latest version again (although I kind of turned off updates). After fiddling around all day, I found some patterns and still managed to fix everything.

For anyone in need, here's how I managed to get it to work:
1. Removed the AAF and X-Fi MB5 drivers. DO NOT RESTART PC! (When I rebooted the PC, then doing the same steps X-Fi MB5 still did not see the devices.)
2. Removed leftovers via DriverStoreExplorer
3. Latest AAF driver installed DO NOT RESTART PC!
4. Download Alternative Installer SB X-Fi MB5 and move it to the root of drive C
5. In the active window with drive C, right-click and select "Open in terminal"
6. In the terminal window, write ".\"AASBXFiMB5Setup" /registerSKU" (without brackets)
7. Rebooted the PC and everything worked.

I hope this helps you, otherwise I myself have been dealing with the registerSKU command for a long time.
Taking this opportunity, I would like to thank the author for the chic sound driver.

sorin69

Guys stop wasting your time. With 100$ you getting your selves a new sound card with dts copyrights payed! It's all about copyrights. Go for creative ae-5!

Guys stop wasting your time. With 100$ you getting your selves a new sound card with dts copyrights payed! It's all about copyrights. Go for creative ae-5!
What type of money transfer would you prefer to send me $100? Nope? Then please stop flooding on TECH forum. I never understood these people. Yes, solving the problem is good. But overcoming artificial technical limitations is simply priceless! (and your mastercard for everything else))

sorin69

I have a gigabyte x570s aorus master and windows 11. I have already tried all your solutions and guess s what. On board card still locked at 2.1 configuration and dts sound is not encoded. Encoding works at windows 10 though but still at 2. 1!If you manage to get 5.1 from my on board Realtek, I will pay you 200. Cause dts is useless on 2.1!

Last edited:
I will pay you 200.
such a good motivation... xD
If you manage to get 5.1 from my on board Realtek,
x570s aorus master
As i can see, your board have SPDIF output.
I miss something? As i know this simplest way to get both ddl\dtsI with 5.1
Just install patched driver.
For example i use it on all MoBoard except last wich dont have Optical output... and i compelled temporary switch to Dolby Live over HDMI (in this case i actualy diabele Realtek in Bios...cuz it not needed.)

Last edited:

sorin69

such a good motivation... xD

As i can see, your board have SPDIF output.
I miss something? As i know this simplest way to get both ddl\dtsI with 5.1
Just install patched driver.
For example i use it on all MoBoard except last wich dont have Optical output... and i compelled temporary switch to Dolby Live over HDMI (in this case i actualy diabele Realtek in Bios...cuz it not needed.)
Man as I have already said, I have already installed the driver package. No way in hell to get it work! Only in w10 it is working with a driver package that it is posted on the official gigabyte driver page. The edition is 1.6.10 I think. With that configuration it's working, but I haven't look if the "configure" tab is enabled in order to change to 5.1! On w11 neither I can configure to 5.1 nore I can encode dts sound.The configure tab it's locked(disabled) At least at w10 dts is been encoded!!!

sorin69

it is interesting how Intel SST works for the first time . Finally no CPU utilization. Does the other pack you made, includes and works with the Intel bus driver?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Does the other pack you made, includes and works with the Intel bus driver?
YES!

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound.

Now in a different way!!

This version is based on the generic Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys), the one that is already built into Windows. This allows this package to be used on ALL audio chips that are capable of working with the generic driver - regardless of brand.

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

->> Based on Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys)

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

UPDATED -> ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/RegisterSKU" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer

Supports HDMI Audio
  • AMD
  • NVIDIA
  • INTEL
Supports Integrated/Dedicated Audio
  • REALTEK (ALSO INTEL SST)
  • CREATIVE
  • VIA
  • IDT
  • CONEXANT
  • C-MEDIA
  • CIRRUS LOGIC
  • ANALOG DEVICES SOUNDMAX
  • TOPPING EX5 (Separate Drivers)
  • Dolby Digital Encoder
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
    • Blaster Cinema 5
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Audio!!!
I will also do a rework on this driver package.

Padrys

I just found your generic driver and i had hopes:)
Installed but my Xonar d2X detected as "AAF Optimus Smart Sound Technology Bus Controller", dont work, code 10

PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82B71043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82B71043
PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&CC_0401
xonar.png

YES!

Great! I'll wait for that one.
There's a tiny issue not so bad but, Realtek Audio Console won't open. Better said, it gets stuck until "can not connect to RPC" . Similar to when there is a driver conflict or missing dependencies. however I have that covered. Could you please confirm if there is a chance it is the driver or maybe I should dig in deeper for some missing drivers on my end

HumourMe2

Is it possible to get DTS Interactive via HDMI from the iGPU/Motherboard? Your other driver pack includes DTS Interactive so was hoping this is possible to add to this one.

The driver is 'HD Audio Driver for Display Audio' (AcxHdAudio.sys) although I don't know if this is 'HDAUDIO enumerator chip'. Motherboard is Asus RoG Strix z690 gaming wifi d4 (ALC4080) which is Realtek USB Audio for the headphones (and unused SPDIF) and these work fine with the bundled Sonic Studio 3/ DTS Sound Unbound. I only want to tweak/encode PCM going to an Audio Visual Receiver via iGPU HDMI (is the ALC4080 even involved in this?).

I'm completely confused as to which pack should work as I have a mixture of USB & HD Audio (I think). The other pack only affects the USB Audio so it doesn't seem that AcxHdAudio.sys is recognised. Or if the only way to encode PCM to DTS Interactive 5.1 is via SPDIF then I'll revert to the other pack and trying to make that work.

System Name Legion 5-15ACH6 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JW
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H With Radeon Graphics (6 Cores, 3.3Ghz Up To 4.25Ghz)
Motherboard LENOVO (LNVNB161216)
Cooling Legion Internal Cooling Fans + Universal N19 External Cooler (1.5W, 23-44CFM, 0.4A, 1*130mm Fan)
Memory Ramaxel Technology 8gb SODIMM DDR4 3200Mhz x2 (16gb, Dual Channel)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (4.0 GB) / AMD Radeon Graphics 448SP Mobile (2.0 GB, Disabled)
Storage SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000L2 M.2 SSD / Samsung 850 EVO SSD x2
Display(s) Default Moniter 15'6 (165hz, Dolby Vision HDR, 1080p, FreeSync/G-Sync Compatiable)
Audio Device(s) Lenovo Legion H500 7.1 Headset/Realtek(R) Audio w/Nahimic Audio (ALC3306)
Power Supply 230W 100-240V 50-60Hz AC Adapter
Mouse Trands-International 6D 6-Button Mouse
Keyboard Legion Truestrike keyboard Enhanced (101-Key or 102-Key)
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview x64 (Canary Channel)
Benchmark Scores Will Update Eventually Too Lazy XD (If You Want PM Me Cuz Prob Won't Update It)
YES!

Hey Alan Could You Add Generic USB Support With The HDAudio Package?
Just Asking My Headphones Use Generic USB Audio So Im Asking Its Fine If You Dont Wanna Or Cant,
But Maybe?

ghostone

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound.

Now in a different way!!

This version is based on the generic Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys), the one that is already built into Windows. This allows this package to be used on ALL audio chips that are capable of working with the generic driver - regardless of brand.

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

->> Based on Microsoft HD Audio Kernel Driver (HdAudio.sys)

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

UPDATED -> ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/RegisterSKU" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer

Supports HDMI Audio
  • AMD
  • NVIDIA
  • INTEL
  • REALTEK (ALSO INTEL SST)
  • CREATIVE
  • VIA
  • IDT
  • CONEXANT
  • C-MEDIA
  • CIRRUS LOGIC
  • ANALOG DEVICES SOUNDMAX
  • TOPPING EX5 (Separate Drivers)
  • Dolby Digital Encoder
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • BlasterX 360°
    • BlasterX 720°
    • Blaster Cinema 5
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Audio!!!
hello Optimus
I install the programs you gave to the system, but after a day it becomes disabled.
the system finds and deletes or blocks
what can i do
win10 64 bit installed

Divvy

Just registered on the forum to share my experience with these drivers. I've been using a Sound Blaster Z card for the SBX Pro Surround feature for my headphones and it works perfectly. I tried these drivers to see if I could ditch the sound card since it's blocking some airflow to my GPU.

I was not able to get X-FI MB5 to detect my Realtek, even with the various solutions proposed in this thread. Sound Blaster Command, both 1 and 2, work perfectly. However, in the sound control panel, I am not able to set my speakers to a surround configuration using the line-out or front panel headphone-out. With line-out, only the stereo option is available. With headphone-out, the configuration button is inactive. As such, the SBX Pro Surround virtualization only simulates the two front speakers. I can not find a way around this issue.

I also tried the driver for NVidia HDMI output on my RTX 3080. While the driver seemed to install correctly, I was unable to get any sound output from the HDMI.

It would be really useful to have a version of this driver for the generic USB audio driver in Windows, to be able to use external DACs with Sound Blaster Command and SBX Pro Surround. Though in that case too, it would be essential to be able to configure surround speakers in the sound control panel.

As a side note, I also tried the Creative BlasterX Acoustic Engine version that is hardware-agnostic. It installs fine and the surround sound works, but it introduced a slight popping noise in Youtube videos and loud popping noises and audio cutouts in The Last of Us PC-game.

EDIT: Apparently BlasterX only causes popping when used with the USB DAC output. Line-out from the Realtek and HDMI output from the NVidia card work fine with BlasterX. So I got what I wanted by setting up BlasterX to apply SBX Pro Surround on the NVidia HDMI output which goes to my TV, then using the optical output on my TV to connect to my external DAC. BlasterX seems to inherit the speaker setup options from whatever output device it's working with. So if a device driver is only giving the stereo output option, then that's all BlasterX can work with. It makes no sense, since BlasterX should be able to virtualize surround sound into a 2.0 signal before it even goes to the output device, but there it is. So again, it's essential to use a device with a driver that exposes 5.1 or 7.1 surround options regardless if your'e using Sound Blaster Command of BlasterX Acoustic Engine to do the SBX Pro Surround simulation.

EDIT2: BlasterX is still causing pops, just far less often on other playback devides than on the DAC. Guess I'm stuck with the soundcard fow now.

Last edited:
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
Reworked Driver

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

Padrys

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
Reworked Driver

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:
Thanks again, but i got the same as previous driver, Xonar D2X with error 10 :(
Have a good day;)

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK