• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD RX Vega Reportedly Beats GTX 1080; 5% Performance Improvement per Month

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
So, its OK for pro AMD predictions, but not others? Seems like a one-sided discussion if that is the case.

Probably going to need a vega 'zen' thread... :p

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
So, its OK for pro AMD predictions, but not others? Seems like a one-sided discussion if that is the case.

Probably going to need a vega 'zen' thread... :p
predict on NV threads about NV cards. Here's predictions and suggestions for RX Vega just as the thread says. Besides how you wanna predict performance of a video card when it's already out and the performance is clear? So what predictions you have in mind?

To add. I get it. Vega will never be as fast or faster than 1080 TI. The prediction :) nice :)

LOL...

Nobody is predicting the known performance of NVIDIA cards. What seems to be taken exception to here is the extrapolation of leaks about Rx Vega in an RX Vega thread... weird.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
LOL...

Nobody is predicting the known performance of NVIDIA cards. What seems to be taken exception to here is the extrapolation of leaks about Rx Vega in an RX Vega thread... weird.
So what's your prediction. cause every time I see a prediction from NV fans it ends up with, never will be faster, not a chance to catch up or come close, amd sucks and so on. What predictions you have in mind?
It's not predicting? Vega is not out yet but NV fans say no way for it to be faster? isn't that a prediction towards NV ? We don't know how Vega will perform so how can you say it wont be faster? For me it is a prediction towards NV card since NV fans are so scared what would happen if it matches or surpasses 1080Ti's performance. Like Armageddon almost.

My is Vega will be great for 4k. maybe will be around 1800Mhz at launch. Maybe there will be a great OC potential. and I don't care about the 1080 Ti if it is going to be faster since it is fast now.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
So what's your prediction. cause every time I see a prediction from NV fans it ends up with, never will be faster, not a chance to catch up or come close, amd sucks and so on. What predictions you have in mind?
It's not predicting? Vega is not out yet but NV fans say no way for it to be faster? isn't that a prediction towards NV ? We don't know how Vega will perform so how can you say it wont be faster? For me it is a prediction towards NV card since NV fans are so scared what would happen if it matches or surpasses 1080Ti's performance. Like Armageddon almost.

My is Vega will be great for 4k. maybe will be around 1800Mhz at launch. Maybe there will be a great OC potential. and I don't care about the 1080 Ti if it is going to be faster since it is fast now.
Idk, the only things we know right now is that Vega FE is roughly as fast as Titan Xp, but needs more power. This means the architecture overall is not as power efficient as last year's Pascal.
And now we know at the moment the consumer Vega is roughly at last year's GTX1080 levels.

That's all.

If that makes it a great card in your eyes, feel free to pre-order. I really, really have no problem with that.

First... I'm not an NVIDIA fan. I am a fan of performance and what my wallet can handle. That said, I will stick with what i said months ago... it will fall between a 1080 and 1080Ti....closer to the 1080. I would like to see it best the 1080Ti, however.

That prediction isn't towards NVIDIA, no. We know how NVIDIA performs. I'm sorry though it bothers you, these predictions that are falling short of your personal expectations.

I dont think NVIDIA fans give a damn about Vega beating the 1080Ti, honestly. What is that going to do? Drive cost down? Seriously... it feels like you are arguing in the mirror. :pimp:

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Stop trolling. Anyone that have the slightest idea of how a GPU works would not claim that RX VEGA is out or not understanding that there is such a thing called drivers bios etc. The physical RX VEGA is done, but the end specs, the drivers, the bios, the specific gameoptimizations is not. If so AMD would be the first in history to pull that of 1 month before launch. So in other words; You assume alot (negatively) about VEGA that there is not rational argument for. To me you're combining troll/fanboism and poor understanding into a classic shitpost. Some might attack you because of fanboism but alot of people just cant take people saying stupid shit with any proof/information or an educated argument. RejZoR is pretty much spot on in his argument or prediction to the level you should get at. VEGA is a step in AMDs longterm strategy; not a "ok we'll just bind and boost" Says the dude that have had NVIDIA for 10 years but is tired of shitposters that does not add arguments or insight to the discussion.
Oh well, another AMD fanboi foaming at the mouth and thinking I'm trolling <sigh>

I could try and give a full answer, fully addressing your objections, but experience has taught me that I'd be wasting my breath so I won't bother. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you, bud. Really, my answer is in the very post your objecting too. You just need to understand it. Seriously, it's not rocket science.

First... I'm not an NVIDIA fan. I am a fan of performance and what my wallet can handle. That said, I will stick with what i said months ago... it will fall between a 1080 and 1080Ti....closer to the 1080. I would like to see it best the 1080Ti, however.

That prediction isn't towards NVIDIA, no. We know how NVIDIA performs. I'm sorry though it bothers you, these predictions that are falling short of your personal expectations.

I dont think NVIDIA fans give a damn about Vega beating the 1080Ti, honestly. What is that going to do? Drive cost down? Seriously... it feels like you are arguing in the mirror. :pimp:

We're agreeing on something. Now stoppit! :p:D

Yeah, why people shoot the messenger, like our friend deu up there, instead of being pissed off at AMD is beyond me, but it happens.

Seriously, mister "no baseless assumptions", how much faster do you think the consumer Vega will be? Because I don't have a crystal ball, I'm just going by the available numbers.

You don't need crystal ball to know they shipped a product with immature (not even properly finished) drivers which are good enough for productivity usage but clearly not gaming ready. Not even by far. What do you think AMD would go the length spending millions on entirely redesigning a GPU which would then end up being as fast as shrunk down R9 Fury X running at higher clock. If they targeted that, they'd literally do just that. Take Fury X, make it smaller and clock it higher. And they could release it when they had Polaris rolling out. To be honest, I am a bit surprised why they haven't just done that.
And yes, everything is indicating that what they currently have is pretty much that. OC'ed Fury X. If you all seriously believe that's their final product after full core redesign and 1 year later, seemingly for "no reason", then I'm not really sure what planet you guys live on. AMD may have financial constraints, but they aren't dumb. They have top GPU engineers and designers, they know hot to predict/project the final performance.

I never said my words are the ultimate truth and that it'll be like this 130%. I never said that. But from what I see, how I understand the tech and problems it was facing, Vega FE is most certainly not a final form of performance as far as gaming goes. It just doesn't make any sense from design and marketing perspective and doing this with no good projected gains would be simply absurd. I don't think AMD is that stupid. No way.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
You don't need crystal ball to know they shipped a product with immature (not even properly finished) drivers which are good enough for productivity usage but clearly not gaming ready. Not even by far. What do you think AMD would go the length spending millions on entirely redesigning a GPU which would then end up being as fast as shrunk down R9 Fury X running at higher clock. If they targeted that, they'd literally do just that. Take Fury X, make it smaller and clock it higher. And they could release it when they had Polaris rolling out. To be honest, I am a bit surprised why they haven't just done that.
And yes, everything is indicating that what they currently have is pretty much that. OC'ed Fury X. If you all seriously believe that's their final product after full core redesign and 1 year later, seemingly for "no reason", then I'm not really sure what planet you guys live on. AMD may have financial constraints, but they aren't dumb. They have top GPU engineers and designers, they know hot to predict/project the final performance.

I never said my words are the ultimate truth and that it'll be like this 130%. I never said that. But from what I see, how I understand the tech and problems it was facing, Vega FE is most certainly not a final form of performance as far as gaming goes. It just doesn't make any sense from design and marketing perspective and doing this with no good projected gains would be simply absurd. I don't think AMD is that stupid. No way.
So, in other words, you can and will assume just fine if it suits you.
I asked you a simple question, you replied how even if Vega looks like an overclocked Fury X, it's not.
I'm gonna leave it at that, because we're not going to settle anything even with RX Vega released (because if it sucks, you'll probably play the "immature drivers" and "who cares if if need 50W more" cards).

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Idk, the only things we know right now is that Vega FE is roughly as fast as Titan Xp, but needs more power. This means the architecture overall is not as power efficient as last year's Pascal.
And now we know at the moment the consumer Vega is roughly at last year's GTX1080 levels.

That's all.

If that makes it a great card in your eyes, feel free to pre-order. I really, really have no problem with that.
Well honestly i'm not sure if it's as fast as Titan XP. Maybe there's the potential but will it surface within a month ? Well we'll get to see it soon.

Pascal is different. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

I already explained it doesn't bother me really :)
I'm waiting with monitor purchase just to see if i go NV or AMD :) i cheer for Vega cause it will come cheaper when thinking of the 4k screen so sue me.
i don't like when people are being attacked by others because of now-days being a fan is like that. whoop his ass his different :p We talk crap instead of exchanging thoughts. NV % of how great it is is not needed here. Some people keep forgetting about it that this here is not praise NV % of performance. We got an opportunity here and i see it and cheer for it. how it turns out will see and then my decision will come. Pretty hard i want new tech stuff :/

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
Seriously, mister "no baseless assumptions", how much faster do you think the consumer Vega will be? Because I don't have a crystal ball, I'm just going by the available numbers.
My guess is that Vega will go from just a bit faster than a 1080 to somewhat faster, but still a lot slower than a 1080 Ti with the gaming version and better drivers. Not exactly the revolution to excite enthusiasts is it? And yet it's people like us that get raged at by the AMD Faithful for pointing out AMD's failings instead of them raging at AMD. It's retarded, I tell you.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
My guess is that Vega will go from just a bit faster than a 1080 to somewhat faster, but still a lot slower than a 1080 Ti with the gaming version and better drivers. Not exactly the revolution to excite enthusiasts is it? And yet it's people like us that get raged at by the AMD Faithful for pointing out AMD's failings instead of them raging at AMD. It's retarded, I tell you.
OK but did you see the fallout 4 benchmark of Frontier edition of the vega card? 2k and on par with 1080 TI. this actually bugs me. If this can pull as much FPS to match and surpass at some instances the 1080 Ti and it's not a gaming card, that gives the potential and indication of the performance with this game. Well fallout 4 is not DOOM with vulcan right? so that gives some information.
I just hope AMD wont FCK Vega's potential. Maybe that's why there's a delay with the launch?

So, in other words, you can and will assume just fine if it suits you.
I asked you a simple question, you replied how even if Vega looks like an overclocked Fury X, it's not.
I'm gonna leave it at that, because we're not going to settle anything even with RX Vega released (because if it sucks, you'll probably play the "immature drivers" and "who cares if if need 50W more" cards).

You didn't ask any questions, you're assuming BS about ME the entire thread. I on the other hand am predicting things about RX Vega. You do know prediction is a real scientific thing based on observation of past events and applying them to current or future scenarios (prediction model)? But hey, whatever floats your boat...

Let me give you some facts if you'll get it then (I doubt it, but I'll try anyway):
- AMD (RTG) is under pressure to deliver Vega to the people
- Vega FE was launched with productivity in mind and with gaming feature set to be rolled out with RX Vega launch (in other words, highly immature drivers, but they expected "that'll do for now")
- AMD didn't expect everyone to be throwing games at it with such enthusiasm (how often have you ever heard whole gaming community raving about any FirePro or Quadro cards on release for gaming? Like, never)
- Productivity tools do show good results
- TBR does NOT function (as seen on PCPer stream) or it's using some unheard of method which I highly doubt
- If TBR doesn't function and it's a core element of rasterizer (which it is), how come no one asks themselves what else doesn't work yet for gaming, potentially gimping performance entirely (which is why it's still not released yet)?
- TBR provides huge leaps in efficiency and performance (of which neither is present on Vega FE as far as gaming goes right now). Prediction material: years of mobile 3D accelerators, Kyro II from 15 years ago as well as Maxwell 2 and Pascal.

I can't predict how fast it'll actually be because there are still too many unknowns, but from given info and from my past knowledge and knowledge of how graphic cards companies work and how technologies on graphic cards work, you'd have to be literally insane to think AMD is spending such long time and so much resources on an entirely redesigned GPU which is barely faster than Fury X from 2 years ago and hardly any faster than GTX 1080, let alone even reaching Titan Xp. And I seriously believe no one at AMD is that insane. A lot of people do apparently with such wild ideas that what Vega FE showcased on release day is Vega's final form for GAMING. Now, that IS insanity.

What I did say is that if AMD would have wanted just that, they'd just shrink and clock higher the existing R9 Fury X. And probably get what you've seen now on Vega FE benches. If you strip Vega of all the unique new features it has, in an essence, it's just a highly clocked R9 Fury X. Now, ask yourself, again, for the N-th time, why on earth would a group of graphics professionals do that? It would literally make no sense. Though, I am wondering why they haven't just shrunk down R9 Fury X, overclock it and sell it as I don't know, RX 490/590. People would buy it for the right price.

And I'm not "playing" the "immature drivers at all. I AM stating that their current drivers are very immature. Have been saying so for the last bloody several posts. I mean, even fucking Ray Charles can see it and he's blind and dead. As for the power consumption, I literally don't care. If you do, well I still don't care, that's your thing. And if you search the forum back, you'll see I didn't care about great power consumption of GTX 980 either. Not because I'm an AMD fanboy, but because I literally DON'T CARE about it.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
OK but did you see the fallout 4 benchmark of Frontier edition of the vega card? 2k and on par with 1080 TI. this actually bugs me. If this can pull as much FPS to match and surpass at some instances the 1080 Ti and it's not a gaming card, that gives the potential and indication of the performance with this game. Well fallout 4 is not DOOM with vulcan right? so that gives some information.
I just hope AMD wont FCK Vega's potential. Maybe that's why there's a delay with the launch?
I didn't know about that and it indeed shows potential, so let's hope that AMD actually deliver this time. Still, it should be something like 20-30% faster than a Ti to properly get back in the race, especially as the physical size of the GPU is so much bigger, but at this point I'll settle for a draw.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
AMD doesn't use straight tbr it uses a modified dsbr I have already said that. AMD said that too in release paperwork. So if it doesn't work and that isn't being used this is yet another unfulfilled promise from AMD.

I already explained it doesn't bother me really :)
I'm waiting with monitor purchase just to see if i go NV or AMD :) i cheer for Vega cause it will come cheaper when thinking of the 4k screen so sue me.
i don't like when people are being attacked by others because of now-days being a fan is like that. whoop his ass his different :p We talk crap instead of exchanging thoughts. NV % of how great it is is not needed here. Some people keep forgetting about it that this here is not praise NV % of performance. We got an opportunity here and i see it and cheer for it. how it turns out will see and then my decision will come. Pretty hard i want new tech stuff :/
Shows it doesn't bother you... :p

Again, its simply people taking a guess at where its performance will be. What better to compare with than the cards its slated to perform around? If you really didn't care, which you really shouldn't as what you are argu.....not caring about, is really a spot on comparison using the NV cards as bookends. There are better ways to deliver the message, I am sure, but... come on now. :)

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

Again, its simply people taking a guess at where its performance will be. What better to compare with than the cards its slated to perform around? If you really didn't care, which you really shouldn't as what you are argu.....not caring about, is really a spot on comparison using the NV cards as bookends. There are better ways to deliver the message, I am sure, but... come on now. :)

Try using tflops that always rings true to performance :roll:

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
AMD doesn't use straight tbr it uses a modified dsbr I have already said that. AMD said that too in release paperwork. So if it doesn't work and that isn't being used this is yet another unfulfilled promise from AMD.

Yeah, like 90% of the "new tech" showed up in their promotion powerpoint slides. Where is that LiquidVR now? Right nobody uses it.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim

C'mon man. IT'S the TPu. there's so many people referring to this site. They know nothing about techy stuff. let us just keep it cool. They seek for explanation and information. they are the people of no knowledge whatsoever about the tech. let's give them those regular users when they come here a reason to stay and read the TPU. Not just because they're fans of one team but that they can learn something.

You think it is a guess? well explain fallout 2k just a hair behind of 1080Ti ? sometimes surpassing it tell me what it is? Lucky shot? C'mon. put aside all the argues and restraints. Let the people that come here get something outta it. Not just there's a war between NV and AMD.
Delivering the message i tried.(yeah Yoda) But i got stoned to death with my opinions. Let the normal folks get something. Also an honest request. Try using no abbreviations here. i know it's a TPU forum and we all are aware of the shorts but there's people that don't. What's forum for? us geeks? or normal people seeking answers trying to understand? The simple people CDADWELL they come here. as you said. At least try to be generous with your point of view and knowledge and share :) Society will decide which way to go when they KNOW some stuff. :) thanks guys :D

BTW EARTH, you are so down to EARTH :D just a joke :D i had to . Sorry bro :D No offense. :)

So I see constant mention that AMD are using drivers that aren't ready or that will improve to defend AMDs current Vega and there's a lot left to do on the driver's side. Well, to be fair, can't 1080ti drivers get better too or are they already as good as they get?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
So I see constant mention that AMD are using drivers that aren't ready or that will improve to defend AMDs current Vega and there's a lot left to do on the driver's side. Well, to be fair, can't 1080ti drivers get better too or are they already as good as they get?
The fact is, that the performance you see with the earliest drivers of either brand isn't too far off ones several generations down the road, say within 10-15% under most scenarious. Therefore, saying that Vega only performs like a 1080 and not a 1080 Ti due to bad drivers is just wishful thinking and the usual apologist argument from the AMD Faithful.

And yeah, the NVIDIA drivers will get better too and I seem to remember NVIDIA sometimes "unlocks" performance to compete with AMD's latest. This is obviously a bit of a shady practice, because it means that the performance of your card was artificially held back all this time just so that NVIDIA can score a marketing point later. I certainly don't like it.

--------------------------

There you go AMD fanboys, I criticise NVIDIA equally when there's reason to, so don't get your knickers in a twist when I do so to AMD.

C'mon man. IT'S the TPu. there's so many people referring to this site. They know nothing about techy stuff. let us just keep it cool. They seek for explanation and information. they are the people of no knowledge whatsoever about the tech. let's give them those regular users when they come here a reason to stay and read the TPU. Not just because they're fans of one team but that they can learn something.

You think it is a guess? well explain fallout 2k just a hair behind of 1080Ti ? sometimes surpassing it tell me what it is? Lucky shot? C'mon. put aside all the argues and restraints. Let the people that come here get something outta it. Not just there's a war between NV and AMD.
Delivering the message i tried.(yeah Yoda) But i got stoned to death with my opinions. Let the normal folks get something. Also an honest request. Try using no abbreviations here. i know it's a TPU forum and we all are aware of the shorts but there's people that don't. What's forum for? us geeks? or normal people seeking answers trying to understand? The simple people CDADWELL they come here. as you said. At least try to be generous with your point of view and knowledge and share :) Society will decide which way to go when they KNOW some stuff. :) thanks guys :D

BTW EARTH, you are so down to EARTH :D just a joke :D i had to . Sorry bro :D No offense. :)

Hey, look, another guy using logic and prediction. The fact that Fallout 4 has such great performance on Vega can't be a random chance or a fluke. It shows Vega has the grunt to do it, but something clearly isn't as it should be. You can't at one point pulling stellar performance and in next one barely catching up with GTX 1070. It just doesn't make any sense.

GTX 1080Ti drivers are as good as they can get imo. Besides, why would NVIDIA hold it back with subpar drivers if they can reign absolute supremacy with excellent drivers? It's not around 40% faster than anything else by pure chance...

As for the driver performance gains, people are forgetting a difference on other releases when AMD already had fully functional drivers, they just lacked proper optimizations and polishing. What seems to be the case now is that AMD doesn't even have properly functioning drivers as things stand now. They need to get them working first before we can even talk about any % "optimization" gains. I mean, why else would they wait full month to squeeze out 5%? For what if the performance was already this bad? So, clearly something is going on and it's not just few % that we can expect. Again, it would make no sense wasting all this time for getting no real gains.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
. I mean, am I the only one who remembers Kyro II from what, decade and a half ago which was the first TBR powered desktop card ever that really worked? It looked totally unimpressive spec wise and yet it was taking on GeForce 2 GTS/Ultra (which was on paper superior in every aspect), sometimes literally humiliating it entirely and taking even on GeForce 3?

Remember it? I owned one! ;)

I was really sad to see them go the way of the dodo - well into mobile phones actually.

predict on NV threads about NV cards. Here's predictions and suggestions for RX Vega just as the thread says. Besides how you wanna predict performance of a video card when it's already out and the performance is clear? So what predictions you have in mind?

To add. I get it. Vega will never be as fast or faster than 1080 TI. The prediction :) nice :)

Might be the most hilarious shit ever if AMD drops RX Vega on 30th and it just devours GTX 1080Ti. In a way my inner secret AMD fanboy wants that. A lot. Just to silence all the nay sayers.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
... and boosting the stock price massively would be a nice bonus. :)