• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Talked to NVIDIA Before Acquiring ATI: Report

Would NVIDIA have been the better buy for AMD ?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 67.1%

• Total voters
The seeds of AMD's troubles had already been planted before the ATI acquisition by squandering human resources on pointless projects and over-leveraging on capital improvements (like the Dresden fab), which were exacerbated twice over by the acquisition. After two companies agree to a merger in principal, there is a lengthy process of due diligence on behalf on the shareholders that an AMD / Nv merger never would have made it through once Nv examined AMD's books. The ATI deal was approved because ATI was, as the article mentions, struggling financially and was bought out at a premium.

It's interesting to think "what if" and get an inside view of personality conflicts, but it just never would have happened.

System Name The Black Mamba
Processor AMD FX-8150 @ 4.8 GHz + 2.5 GHz CPUNB
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Cooling Custom water, HeatKiller 3.0 LT, Swiftech MCR320, 3 GentleTyphoon 1850 RPM, OCZ HydroPulse 800
Memory Super Talent 2000 CAS 7 @ 2100 7-7-7-21 1.70v / GSKill Pi 2133 CAS 7 @ 2250 7-10-7-27
Video Card(s) 2x Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770's @ stock
Storage 2x 640GB Caviar Black in RAID 0
Display(s) 22" ASUS something + 20" Sceptre something
Case Lian-Li "Lancool" PC-K62
Power Supply XFX Black Edition 850w 80 Plus Silver
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Too many to list ;D
LOL

I am very glad AMD didn't get in bed with NVIDIA...

ATI and AMD make a great couple, both are failing companies that I could careless about other then to create competition for NVIDIA and Intel.

I personally wouldn't/couldn't run a GPU without CUDA and can imagine running a CPU other than Intel :rockout:
Wow. Just as others have said...

AMD powers the Wii, will also power the Wii U.
AMD powers the Xbox 360 and its successor.
AMD will power the PS3 successor.
AMD has several 28nm GPUs out in desktop discrete and nvidia is tripping with Kepler still a month and a half away.

If AMD's CPU division just completely dies, the GPU division will split off and stay competitive.

Tegra 3 is fast and sips power in some scenarios but in a (very) limited amount of devices. It isn't selling nearly as well as Snapdragon S3, OMAP 4460 and Exynos 4120 which will all have successors in a small time frame. AMD is moving toward the mobile market, albeit a bit late. Currently they only have x86 low power solutions instead of RISC. (ARM)...

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
:D
i still like where things have gone, amd is lining up to make so serious cash thanks to its apu and gpu's for the upcoming consoles, big rumors that all three are going to run something of AMD

my word ,likein this debate:D

I would have been surprised had AMD Not talked this over on a few occasions

Im with you insane, for the reasons you state but also because within time AMD will have its APU's in Everything

remember, not long ago AMD were touting an optimised approach to game design ,bare metal :cool:,no API style, and with all games made to run on its gpu's primarily that becomes vvvvvvery easy:toast: and the whole fanboy debate might be gone:eek: if they pull anAMD gpu/ ARM APU from their hat ,seriously if you see the way intel and nvidia are squareing upto this future, it is so going to be, its awaiting the software only and thats being written ,i think:p

intel are leaning towards business machines instead of personal pcs, yeh they arent going anyware in the home market but importantly they realise for them and their products ,business is where they are going to be earning future revenue unless their gpus start pulling their weight and since they too are trying to further combine the gpu and cpu functionality they might yet do a decent APU

and nvidia are in full flow trying to get APU designs drawn out and minted asap.

they all now know exactly where AMD's going with its APU's and HSA and have realised that in any benchmark an APU that is well specced and designed Will soon be able to destroy a cpu and a gpu in almost every situation and using less power too , they are all trying to get shaders inter mixed with cpus and at many perfornmance and price points, because theirs going to be a lot more competition soon, Arm 64 asissted:twitch:

Last edited:
System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
AMD/ATI merger wasn't a bad idea at all. The bad news is.... it wasn't executed after the merger very well. Both companies were struggling and it would have been a perfect time to re-image the company as one stronger entity. By taking both sets of technologies and blowing away the competition.
Instead what we got was a poorly advertised economic alternative to the big companies on the block (I.E.Intel and Nvidia)
AMD/ATI still doesn't seem to get that what people want in the technology world is the Greatest, Fastest, and Latest technology. That is the whole definition of the technology world. It doesn't matter what your selling, CPU's, GPU's, Tablets, what ever? Everyone who is into technology wants the latest and greatest.
That doesn't mean that there isn't room for an Economical cheaper alternative to the latest and greatest. It just means that people would rather buy that cheaper alternative from a company that also has the name recognition of also being the best. Which is not what AMD/ATI has.... they just have the reputation of being average and nothing else!
Because of all this Buying Nvidia wouldn't have worked. Nvidia has a CEO who is not satisfied with being average. He wants to be the best!!!

I still hope AMD/ATI can turn it around! It seems the ATI sector of the business still wants too. I think AMD is holding AMD back right now. Just my personal opinion!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Lucky AMD actually bought someone, they would have gone the way of the Dodo by now.

System Name CTG Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard Asus Strix B550-F
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 2x 16gb G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZN
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC
Storage WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) MAG274QRF-QD | Asus vg248qe
Case Fractal Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlasterx G6
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 750w G2
Mouse Logitech G pro Wireless
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think he was talking about both companies at the time of the acquisition. AMD fail the first generation of Phenom and ATI losing war against Nvidia

Sorry, but this is a bit false. AMD did announce to buy ATI on summer 2006. nVidia had release their G80 on october/november 2006.

At that moment, ATI maybe less market part, but they had the fastest chip, way better than nVidia. The x1950XT/XTX was much more better than the 7900GTX, and that makes it also for the x1900XT/XTX.

AMD release their first Phenom a year after, like november 2007. Intel had their Core 2 duo on end of summer 2006. So if we do a time line:

AMD released their first DDR2 CPU, Windsor, end of may 2006: x2 5000+
AMD announced to buy ATI, July 2006
Intel released their Core 2 duo on July the 27th
nVidia released their G80 on November the 8th
Early in 2007, ATI was now AMD
May 2007, HD2900XT
6 months later, Phenom 9500/9600.

I don't know where AMD was in a bad situation when they announced to buy ATI before the Intel core architecture, and before the G80, so ATI was a good thing to do, since they have very fast chip, and their chipset for AMD was very very good.

They had already done a lot of thing before the complete transaction on end 2006/Begining 2007. Intel was doing their own chipset and graphics chipset. AMD needed this to continue the battle. They just sit on their ass with the X2 (should have release the AM2 version much more faster, since Intel was already on DDR2.

Well, I still think that Intel has been unfair during the P4 time, and AMD hasn't been fast enought. If the first Phenom was there at the same time of the Core 2 duo or before, it would be maybe different. With Graphics part, they went from really bad vs the G80, and they came with HD3k that wasn't that bad, then 4k where they were taking alot of market share to nVidia.

Anyway, too much talked, I voted no, since AMD and Nvidia didn'T had the same vision of the futur I think. On paper, that would have been good, since AMD had their own Fab, but I am sure the result would be the same as now, and maybe more bad, since nVidia worth more than those 5.4 billions...

Last edited:
System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
This is old news, i heard of this like 5-6yrs ago.

I would of been very happy if they merged but not the CEO of nvidia to take charge of both company's

But to be honest here doing very well with ATi so i cant complain..

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
IMO, it was Hector Ruiz that was arrogant. AMD+NVIDIA would have gone on to crush ATI and later invest more on CPU R&D to take on Intel. In the end, it didn't end too well for Hector, while Jen-Hsun went on to be CEO of the Year (Forbes), runs a bigger company than AMD, and still good prospects looking into the future.

When Jen-Hsun does the "come at me bro" gesture he doesn't understand it's a joke. He seriously thinks that's an appropriate reaction for a person to make. I think he still beats Ruiz for raw arrogance.

System Name Dell Studio XPS 8100 / Current PC
Processor Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.66 GHz / i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Motherboard Dell Stock H55 / ASUS P8Z77-VLK
Cooling Stock
Memory Hynix 8GB DDR3-1333 / Kingston HyperX Blu Black 8 GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon HD 7770 / EVGA GTX 560 Superclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 128 GB Crucial m4 + 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Samsung 19'' LCD / Dell 24'' LCD
Case Dell Studio XPS 8100 / Bitfenix Merc Alpha
Audio Device(s) Realtek Integrated
Power Supply Dell Stock 350W / OCZ ModXStream 700W
Benchmark Scores Dell Keyboard + Dell Mouse / Azio Levetron Clicker + Razer Lachesis
AMD's purchase of ATI was a great move. I think that to have merged with Nvidia might have caused all kinds of problems for AMD (ie. The two CEOs having a different vision of the future).
But because it didn't happen, it's just pure speculation.

AMD has one VERY major flaw ... they don't market their products worth a poop.
Intel : "Intel Inside" (with a four note jingle everyone is familiar with)
Nvidia : "The way it's meant to be played."
AMD/ATI : " ??? "

Didn't AMD fire off some of their marketing team too? :banghead:

Admiral Breaker

System Name Subjugator
Processor Intel i5-2500
Motherboard Gigabyte z68xp-ud3p
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Memory 16gb of Corsair Vengance DRR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 560 2gb Superclock Edition
Storage 2x 1tb Hitachi Deskstar
Display(s) Main : HP 1905 moniter. 2nd: 24in Vizio TV
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) built in
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Bronze
Software Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
I personally have had nothing but bad experiences with ATI and then AMD gpus so i have no faith in AMD graphic cards the cpus cannot perform to what Intel can. Also Because Nvidia had a multi-gpu idea before AMD/ATI Nvidia in my mind is that makes Nvidia superior. Also I have yet to see an AMD mobile processor, by moblie I mean something to either match or overtake Tegra. So Nvidia FTW!!!

Last edited:
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
The arrogance of Jen-Hsun never ceases to amaze.
You can take that to the BANK. It's about time NVIDIA look for a new leader :D
And that's exactly what AMD needed (and still needs). Every company needs a pushy CEO, Jen-Hsun is one. Jen-Hsun knows when to be a step back and let hierarchy take over, and when to micro-manage, when to be classy, when to be rural. No wonder he took NV to Forbes Company of the Year. A LOT of people high-up in AMD, when it was doing well with CPUs, got extremely complacent and snobbish. And paid for it. When Core 2 was launched and Barcelona was taking shape, you should have seen the way some of them were acting ("nah, we gon smoke Intel with K10").
I agree AMD's CEO of that time IMO was not the best man for the job. He really messed up AMD IMO, I think ATI's CEO would have done a much better job. But I hate to say it Jen-Hsun may have messed up Intel with the combination of his aggressiveness to pump out powerfull CPU/GPU combos and give Intel a full head strong fight. A lot more than what AMD is pumping out today. I also believe Jen-Hsun would have rectified Bulldozer way back in the day to ensure it pump out performance the way it was meant to.

My only STRONG issue with Jen-Hsun of NV was his bloody arrogance.

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I personally have had nothing but bad experiences with ATI and then AMD gpus so i have no faith in AMD graphic cards the cpus cannot perform to what Intel can. Also Because Nvidia had a multi-gpu idea before AMD/ATI Nvidia in my mind is that makes Nvidia superior. Also I have yet to see an AMD mobile processor, by moblie I mean something to either match or overtake Tegra. So Nvidia FTW!!!

Nvidia didn't have the multi gpu idea first. 3dfx did (VooDoo video cards, if you are wondering). Nvidia bought out 3dfx to get it.

It doesn't matter who does it first, it only matters who does it the best for the consumers buying it.

When Jen-Hsun does the "come at me bro" gesture he doesn't understand it's a joke. He seriously thinks that's an appropriate reaction for a person to make. I think he still beats Ruiz for raw arrogance.

Seems to at least be somewhat earned arrogance. Nvidia is doing extremely well for themselves.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Quote:
Originally Posted by btarunr
IMO, it was Hector Ruiz that was arrogant. AMD NVIDIA would have gone on to crush ATI and later invest more on CPU R&D to take on Intel. In the end, it didn't end too well for Hector, while Jen-Hsun went on to be CEO of the Year (Forbes), runs a bigger company than AMD, and still good prospects looking into the future.
Absolutely Not. If it was AMD/NVIDIA, then Intel would have merged with ATI and they would have been a force of reconning IMO. Intel and ATI would have been a competitors nightmare IMO.

System Name Multipurpose desktop
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1605T @ 3.75Ghz , NB @ 2.5
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (rev 1.0)
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C, 2x120mm CM Blademaster
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP (4x4GB) @1666Mhz 9-9-9-20-24 1T
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix R7-370 4GB OC
Storage 2x WD Caviar Black 500GB Sata III in RAID 0
Display(s) Acer S211HL 21.5" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master Centurion 534+, 3x 120mm CM Sickle Flow
Power Supply Seasonic X650 Gold
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1

Probably. But, CEOs are supposed to be at least a little arrogant, cocky, and confident almost to the point of overconfidence. It's part of the job. You don't get to that kind of position without those qualities.

Absolutely Not. If it was AMD/NVIDIA, then Intel would have merged with ATI and they would have been a force of reconning IMO. Intel and ATI would have been a competitors nightmare IMO.

You know, that probably would have happened. Interesting possibility.
But, AMD is probably better off with ATI because of that alternate possibility.

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
I thought at the time, and still do now, that it was a retarded move.

Back when AMD did this, Nvidia was the largest (and best imo) supplier of AMD chipsets, and SLI was pretty much an AMD exclusive tech (did anyone actually use the intel nforce's prior to the 6 series)

Actually, now i think about it, pretty much AMD's entire time as the best CPU suppliers (basically not long after the pentium 3's launch until core 2) Nvidia made the best chipsets for them, even for the first few generations of being AMD branded, ATI's competing chipsets were awful.

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
Lord have mercy!:rolleyes:

AMD a failing company? BWAHAHAHA! You couldn't be more wrong. Their stock has gone up from $4.30 ~ November to well over $7.00 now with no end in sight. And there's talks that the new Xbox is going to be powered by an AMD (ATi) GPU.

Not to mention AMD is dominating the APU market.

You sir are very misinformed.

:toast:

LOL He is running Intel with Nvidia,He honestly thinks he is the best user..with that stuff.yet AMD is owning in APU market and(for now until Kepler) the GPU market.I think when AMD merged (then took full control)Over ATI was the best merge in the last 10 years.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
LOL He is running Intel with Nvidia,He honestly thinks he is the best user..with that stuff.yet AMD is owning in APU market and(for now until Kepler) the GPU market.I think when AMD merged (then took full control)Over ATI was the best merge in the last 10 years.

Yup Nvidia should of taken the merge deal, since Crossfire was auto supported by Intel from the get go. Now they are lacking in the Glue Logic dept, SLI/CUDA/Physx isnt doin so well like NV intended it to do.

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64

Say what about multi gpu before AMD/ATI Uhmm Do us a favor look up ATI 128 Rage Fury Maxx

Heck your the only that has said he has had bad...yeah it was YOU not the company or product.....

System Name Prometheus
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
Cooling EKWB EK-240 AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070Ti Ventus 3X OC 12GB
Storage WD Black SN850 1TB + 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Display(s) DELL U4320Q 4K + Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 4K
Case Jonsbo A4 ver1.1 SFF
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX
Mouse Logitech Pro Wireless
Keyboard Vortex Race 3 75% MX Brown
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Intel : "Intel Inside" (with a four note jingle everyone is familiar with)
Nvidia : "The way it's meant to be played."
AMD/ATI : " ??? "

AMD/ATI: "Real men use real cores!"... oooOH... WAIT... :banghead:

System Name Samolet
Processor FX-8320 @ 4.5 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Phanteks TC14PE
Memory 4x4gb Samsung Green 1600Mhz 9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7970 Dual-X
Storage Intel 335 240gb + WD 1TB
Display(s) Dell 23" Full HD IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810 + NZXT Sentry Mix
Audio Device(s) Xtreme Music
Power Supply Corsair HX850W
@Wile E
I beg to differ. There are many examples how customer satisfaction is something obscure and hypothetical. Also the thing called marketing is something even more devious and suspicious. If you studied it or just read about it you should know that it is invented just to sell products to people that don't want them. Advertising is also another tool in this bag of "magics", but I agree that it is needed in some occasions - new company that nobody knows, or completely new product that people should be aware of. But nowhere they teach you to make products that actually people need(please note "need" not "want"). And all the other "deeds" companies do to make you "believe" and walk you to the store. Fanboism was born because of that. That's why I like when companies don't overuse these "magics" and let people think for themselves if they really need or not their products. This commercially driven society we live in is something very strange and I don't like the trend. So that's why I like to think for myself what I "need" not "want". Sure from time to time I oblige to my "urges" of new "toy" but try to keep it "real". This is my opinion and I don't expect you to think likewise, just wanted you to understand my point of view. Like you say "Keep it real bro" :)

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64

The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. :rolleyes:

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?