• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
Ok i never have problems with the ATI drivers but this new one 10.9, it doesnt lower frame rates in game but when im browsing the forums and stuff, the pages are kinda choppy when i scroll down. before it would be very smooth. my clocks in 3d are 157 core and 300 mem for idle, could that be my problem?

how do you game with those clocks?:p

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
really starting to fucking hate 10.9 drivers they dont work for shit with BC2 how can ati keep pushing out such god damn giant steaming piles of shit for drivers

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
really starting to fucking hate 10.9 drivers they dont work for shit with BC2 how can ati keep pushing out such god damn giant steaming piles of shit for drivers
Funny, not ha ha funny, but this has been the knock forever on ATI.
You'd think their R&D department would catch on to this after how long ?

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
yea looks like of BC2 i gotta go back to 10,4a makes me sad cause all my other games run flawlessly :(

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
10.9's are working for me. Using the BC2 profile didnt seem to do much. About the same as 10.8 for me and they worked well enough. :cool:

Why does everyone keep changing their drivers? If 10.4a works, why update 5 more times between then and now, with nothing but misery?

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
Did you notice some ppl try to modify/make you play the game so they don't get annoyed by being owned with certain stuff?
I mean with BF2 it was constantly "NO BUNNY HOPPING" because some fellas didn't know how to press 4 buttons on a keyboard and kept accusing ppl of binds and similar now its "no AT vs infantry" and some servers actually block these saying "shooting infantry is not what its made for", so I can't use defib on anybody to kill him because "noo its not for that".
I even saw somebody get booted from a server for "USING AT" ... sad.

Its too bad ppl try to make others play how they want instead of playing the game as it is made. There is so much fun with marking infantry with your teammate ^^

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
Did you notice some ppl try to modify/make you play the game so they don't get annoyed by being owned with certain stuff?
I mean with BF2 it was constantly "NO BUNNY HOPPING" because some fellas didn't know how to press 4 buttons on a keyboard and kept accusing ppl of binds and similar now its "no AT vs infantry" and some servers actually block these saying "shooting infantry is not what its made for", so I can't use defib on anybody to kill him because "noo its not for that".
I even saw somebody get booted from a server for "USING AT" ... sad.

Its too bad ppl try to make others play how they want instead of playing the game as it is made. There is so much fun with marking infantry with your teammate ^^

While I agree about the AT vs. infantry point, it is annoying to see 8 out of 12 guys on the enemy team do nothing but kill with the Gustav. I think it should be allowed that you can shoot the missile and set it off before it reaches you. That would be cool and fair and cool.

No bunny hopping was needed period. When I first got BF2 and logged on I literally saw 40+ people all jumping constantly while trying to shoot people. It was laugh out load stupid. That is not was combat looks like on any front. And it was worst when people would jump, then lay out flat at peek height, then fire. Not only is that stupid, but physically impossible. It turned the game into, "Fight like us or don't play the game." So sorry to say I think you are completely wrong on that and supported their decision to prevent Dolphin Diving.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
While I agree about the AT vs. infantry point, it is annoying to see 8 out of 12 guys on the enemy team do nothing but kill with the Gustav. I think it should be allowed that you can shoot the missile and set it off before it reaches you. That would be cool and fair and cool.

No bunny hopping was needed period. When I first got BF2 and logged on I literally saw 40+ people all jumping constantly while trying to shoot people. It was laugh out load stupid. That is not was combat looks like on any front. And it was worst when people would jump, then lay out flat at peek height, then fire. Not only is that stupid, but physically impossible. It turned the game into, "Fight like us or don't play the game." So sorry to say I think you are completely wrong on that and supported their decision to prevent Dolphin Diving.

More frustrating than even that is when you go on a server with loads of rules scrolling across but no admins there to enforce them.... like for instance "No tank" but everyone still uses the tank anyways, personally i don't mind rules as long as they are enforced for everyone, I have been on some servers that honestly have said:

No tanks
No bunnyhopping

Anti tank only on vehices and buildings (although no tanks!) if someone is in building and they die then they accuse you of using AT on them :rolleyes:

No defib kills
No stabbing

I usually just message the server asking if it is actually OK to kill people and then leave.

Another thing is the class and weapon limitation. Choosing my favorite weapon and class, clicking enter battle and then suddenly suicides because there is a limit of 1 Akaban or M95 or whatever per team...

System Name 9th Level
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI X570 Carbon wifi
Cooling EK Basic 360, x2 250mm, x1 140mm, x1 120mm fans.
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz.
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 12GB FTW3
Storage 500gb ssd, 2tb ssd, 6tb HD.
Display(s) MSI 27" Curved 1440p@165hz
Case HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair HX850W
Software Windows 10 64bit
I don't have any issues with AT vs infantry. There really is no problem with it. I play Recon/engineer. If the AT is made useless against infantry then the Engineer will have NOTHING worth while to kill people with. Why would you use an SMG to kill when you can use an assault rifle or a MG. the SMG the engineer has is only a defensive weapon. The AT is the only offensive weapon the engineer has.

It seems people don't understand game mechanics.

I don't have a problem with it because I know how to counter it. If it is really a problem for you, you are doing something wrong.

NOTE: This post is not directed at anybody in this thread.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
Please don't compare BF to 'reality'. Its not a tactical shooter just an arcade game. Kicking somebody for bunny hopping or any other strickly gameplay related thing and then saying its unrealistic is like kicking for using strafe jump in Quake and saying ppl shouldn't fly.

I get it some young boys make rules on their servers but the fact is that they put their disapproval/hate toward things ingame that developer made and throw it at other players that just play the game.

PS. Fighting vs a good player in 1v1 situtation in BF2 was really a lot of fun for me while BC2 its just stand still,scope,shoot short series and maybe chase each other around a building.

they accuse you of using AT on them
:) :) :) :)

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
if i want to play with noob toobs caleb id play MW2 like a pussy if i want to shoot ppl with a gun and watch them drop i play battlefield thats pretty much the way i see it and engineers have plenty of good weapons 1 hitter quiters as laughing man puts it aka neostad + magnum rounds etc usas 12 with extended clip isa full auto shotgun. If people cant use a gun to drop someone why are they playing an FPS to begin with they should go back to halo and mw on console if thats the case. I use shotguns only period and many here on TPU can attest that with gimped weapons i still do damn good without having to resort to noob tubes to get all my kills

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Just out of curiosity, how many kills do you have with your most used pistol? This is for those who don't have it posted in their sig....which I am sure is out of date.

You got almost as many headshots with your top pistol as I do kills. But I use almost all of the pistols, just started using the 1st one and the MP-443 and I actually like them a lot. But I rarely use my pistol unless I've used my clip, and have no time to reload, but more people to kill.

Please don't compare BF to 'reality'. Its not a tactical shooter just an arcade game. Kicking somebody for bunny hopping or any other strickly gameplay related thing and then saying its unrealistic is like kicking for using strafe jump in Quake and saying ppl shouldn't fly.

I get it some young boys make rules on their servers but the fact is that they put their disapproval/hate toward things ingame that developer made and throw it at other players that just play the game.

PS. Fighting vs a good player in 1v1 situtation in BF2 was really a lot of fun for me while BC2 its just stand still,scope,shoot short series and maybe chase each other around a building.

:) :) :) :)

I don't completely hate bunny hopping, everyone is going to do it when panicking if they don't know where they got shot from. But when it comes down to coming toe to toe without a single person and every time they jiggle around like jello, it gets rather annoying, it doesn't give me a huge issue as I usually just start to stab them then, but I still think it's stupid, if it's a good player they will flank you and kill you, not come face to face with you and jiggle around.

Like I rarely use my grenades to kill, I use them to make people go where I want them too. If someone is in a room with 2 exits and they don't know where to go, I'll toss a grenade in 1 of those exits, they hear it and coming running right out the other just like I wanted them too, and since they are sprinting from the grenade and I'm waiting for them, they can't shoot sprinting and they die. Strategy > Jiggling.

The other day a co-worker that I play with was bringing up a time where he chased me into a house and I went up on the roof, one of those houses with 2 ladders onto the roof. When I got up there I went and tossed a grenade down and through the downstairs door on the outside ladder, then I turned around to shoot anyone coming up the center ladder, he came right up it because the grenade, he wanted to kill me, so instead of going down stairs, he did exactly what I wanted to, he came right too me. He asked how I knew he was going to come up that, and I said, "because I made you", and he wasn't too happy after I explained how I played him.

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I like to see people getting kicked for bunny hopping not because it's unrealistic but because it's simply GAY. Like 2 guys together, naked, fuking. GAY.

A hop and a turn when you get shot is a reflex though and not classified as bunny hopping IMO. Bunny hopping is repeatedly and consistently hopping everytime you are engaged by the enemy. If you dont have the drop on someone before they see you and you hop releatedly like a douche.... then you're a douche.

/rant

*Don't mean to offend anyone. I just think hopping is a waste of time.

Last edited:
I played on a few servers that only allowed smoke/shotgun on the 40mm before the first nerf. GLs were pretty over the top when the game was first released.

I would frequent a server that limited recon, as it is the most inhibiting class for an action packed, cooperative game. I don't mind getting shot, it's just most of the time they are self centered, and offer little towards victory. If I type anything in the chat bar (especially in RUSH) it's usually: You can't win by sniping. Not to mention they usually offer horrific spawn points. GRRR! Sniping douche bags.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Bunny hopping was an art in BF2 I was fricking amazing at it even before I figured out you could macro it but I never used that because it's cheating.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I don't think hopping makes any difference in BC2. I do it on occasion, still died every time, from aim giong nutso, meanwhile, dude sitting stable with feet on the ground just keeps firing...I usally only hop trying to come in for the knife kill...only got it once or twice...

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
yea bunny hopping in BC2 doesn't help at all, i was usta it after playing counterstike for so long but it made no diffrence

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Two situations where I bunny hop:

in BF2 in a CQ battle and you run out of ammo. You have no option but to bunny hop to try and stay alive until the gun reloads (in BFBC2, you'll be dead before it reloads!)

in BFBC2, try to get from point A to point B, where there are pebbles or twigs or other debris on the ground. You have to two or three times just to get moving!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
bunny hopping is what i do when an enemy shoots at me and i dont know their location - its a strategy i like to call "OH FUCK OH FUCK RUN AWAY"

also, a poem written for the above situation.

When in fear, when in doubt
run in circles scream and shout!

Processor R9 5950x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair VIII Formula
Cooling EK 360mm AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb (CL16@3800MHz)
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe | Intel 660p 2TB NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator XB323QK 4K 144Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Objective2 Amp/DAC | GoXLR | AKG K612PRO | Beyerdynamic DT880| Rode Pod Mic
Power Supply Corsair AX 850w
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite V2
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB "Cherry MX Brown"
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Window 11 Pro
yea bunny hopping in BC2 doesn't help at all, i was usta it after playing counterstike for so long but it made no diffrence

helps a lil bit occasionally to avoid head shot (insta kill) but ur right

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65