• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
yup new hacks PB is reactive not proactive so it has to be found tried tested and then blocked ive seen it RARELY since its pretty blatant but ive seen chooper pilots tank drivers etc killed pretty consistently by snipers in certain matches usually i just quit and move on

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Well, it was kinda awesome to see the whole team rush in together...:laugh:

System Name 9th Level
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI X570 Carbon wifi
Cooling EK Basic 360, x2 250mm, x1 140mm, x1 120mm fans.
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz.
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 12GB FTW3
Storage 500gb ssd, 2tb ssd, 6tb HD.
Display(s) MSI 27" Curved 1440p@165hz
Case HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair HX850W
Software Windows 10 64bit
You got almost as many headshots with your top pistol as I do kills. But I use almost all of the pistols, just started using the 1st one and the MP-443 and I actually like them a lot. But I rarely use my pistol unless I've used my clip, and have no time to reload, but more people to kill.

I don't completely hate bunny hopping, everyone is going to do it when panicking if they don't know where they got shot from. But when it comes down to coming toe to toe without a single person and every time they jiggle around like jello, it gets rather annoying, it doesn't give me a huge issue as I usually just start to stab them then, but I still think it's stupid, if it's a good player they will flank you and kill you, not come face to face with you and jiggle around.

Like I rarely use my grenades to kill, I use them to make people go where I want them too. If someone is in a room with 2 exits and they don't know where to go, I'll toss a grenade in 1 of those exits, they hear it and coming running right out the other just like I wanted them too, and since they are sprinting from the grenade and I'm waiting for them, they can't shoot sprinting and they die. Strategy > Jiggling.

The other day a co-worker that I play with was bringing up a time where he chased me into a house and I went up on the roof, one of those houses with 2 ladders onto the roof. When I got up there I went and tossed a grenade down and through the downstairs door on the outside ladder, then I turned around to shoot anyone coming up the center ladder, he came right up it because the grenade, he wanted to kill me, so instead of going down stairs, he did exactly what I wanted to, he came right too me. He asked how I knew he was going to come up that, and I said, "because I made you", and he wasn't too happy after I explained how I played him.

Your last paragraph explains my play style exactly.:toast:

I played on a few servers that only allowed smoke/shotgun on the 40mm before the first nerf. GLs were pretty over the top when the game was first released.

I would frequent a server that limited recon, as it is the most inhibiting class for an action packed, cooperative game. I don't mind getting shot, it's just most of the time they are self centered, and offer little towards victory. If I type anything in the chat bar (especially in RUSH) it's usually: You can't win by sniping. Not to mention they usually offer horrific spawn points. GRRR! Sniping douche bags.

They didn't nerf the grenade launcher, they took it out of the game. You now have a tube that fires M80s at your enemies.

I haven't killed anyone with the grenade launcher since they "FIXED" it.:shadedshu

It just doesn't hurt people.

Last edited:
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
Funny I always thought "bunny hopping" came from UK servers and refers to jump/prone/stance up prone/jump etc. Never occurred to me somebody might be whining because somebody simply jumps lol.

if i want to play with noob toobs caleb id play MW2 like a pussy if i want to shoot ppl with a gun and watch them drop i play battlefield thats pretty much the way i see it

Right Mr. Pro ;)

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
I have no clue, it should say why he is getting kicked, what does it say? If you get kicked by server admin, it will say that too, so post up what exactly it is saying. Even the PB kick says something, if it's saying nothing, thats weird, does it just kick him from the round, or is his game crashing to the desktop, if it's that, then try different video drivers.

i see him pc today he have video drivers ans windows problems too, so i do fresh install windows for him and the game now on update and i will let u know what i find, thanx bro for replay

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
I don't get why people had any problems in BF2142 with bunny hopping. You jump you can't shoot until your feet hit the ground. So you have an opponent thats not shooting at all, how is that bad?!

Now if the whine is about a moving target should we also ban horizontal movement as in running?

Anyhow, I don't bunny hop, but I jump a few times here and there. BC2 it's almost no use as I die much faster jumping than strafe/not moving at all.. ..but in BF2142 is sure was fun to jump over enemy then knife/shoot them as they mostly lost sight of me.

If someone is really bunny hopping, just shoot them every time they hit the ground? Only time bunny hopping has bothered me is combined with RDX (C4) on FF=OFF servers. Even worse if they had a hotkey script for that... Here's a video of it and why I almost always played on FF=ON servers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8efb3ND2_ts

Now if BC2 was default FF=ON too and not the other way around, even more fun and way less nade/40nm spamming (and remove the triangles). Well BF3 for that.

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Bunny hopping was never that difficult to counter. I normally played assault so a 40mm nade/shotgun up their cornhole would stop them…for me.

Dolphin diving in the earlier bf games was just annoying on the other hand and I agree with Kurgan…it was an art form.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Bunny hopping was never that difficult to counter. I normally played assault so a 40mm nade/shotgun up their cornhole would stop them…for me.

Dolphin diving in the earlier bf games was just annoying on the other hand and I agree with Kurgan…it was an art form.

i think thats what pisses them off more - the bunn hoppers from games with invincible walls are pissed off they cant duck back real fast or jump out of the way, cause we can fuck them up by shooting through walls, splash damage, or blowing the whole Fing wall away

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Direct2Drive has BFBC2 for $20. Use code PAX2010 for another $5 off = $15 ! Is this still valid?

==================================================

Some additional Vietnam Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMxOkgblVI

QFT: Aimbot in real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGlWjIKoY4

New Battlefield Blog Post: Maintenance Work Schedule

Kotaktu Article on BFBC2 Vietnam:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam: Yeah, I Was In The Sh*t

Through the grass, I see a North Vietnamese troop before me. I dart ahead and, poof, he's gone.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is a downloaded expansion pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The game keeps the same classes and gameplay as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. If you are familiar with that title, there are no surprises. (You'll need to be familiar with it as this DLC title requires the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 game disc.)

The Vietnam expansion pack is the U.S. Marines versus the North Vietnamese army. It includes 4 new maps and brings 15 new Vietnam-era weapons like the M79, 6 new vehicles like the UH-1 Huey, forty-nine different 1960s-era tunes (Fortunate Son!) and new Achievements and Trophies.

The map that EA was demoing for the Tokyo Game Show was called "Phu Bai Valley". In Conquest Mode, it is familiar territory for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 players. But the new Vietnam vide really offers a new experience. It feels far more than simply a fresh coat of paint. It feels fresh.

Phu Bai Valley is another well-designed multiplayer map from EA Dice, the developer behind the series. The map is quite large and expansive, but still feels intimate. I never felt like I was going to hit a wall, and I never felt like I was playing alone. There are multi-player games that can handle many more players, but EA Dice does an excellent job of not only balancing out the map, but making it flow in a logical progression and opening up the sky for intense combat.

Growing up watching Vietnam film after Vietnam film during the 1980s, I always noticed how everything feels muddy and damp. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam's Phu Bai Valley feels muddy and damp. That is a good thing.

A multiplatform release of Bad Company 2 Vietnam is slated for later this year.

http://www.slideshare.net/DICEStudio/how-to-make-a-game-for-free-for-dic-epublications

Site is full of DICE slide Shows

So how about modtools? by MikaelKalms

Zh1nt0 and you folks have asked about it, so here's a piece on the modtools situation for BC2 PC.

Frostbite 1.5 consists of these components:

* The game runtime
* The editor runtime
* The content processing runtime (aka "the pipeline")
* and some plugins for Maya

The game runtime is distributed outside of EA, but the editor + pipeline + Maya plugins are not.

So let's take a look at some things that would need to be solved before we'd be ready to distribute the editor + pipeline.

Pipeline operation

Let's say that you tell the pipeline to build level MP_003.

MP_003 is represented by an XML file, which references a bunch of other files. These in turn reference other files. If you follow this graph of references, you will find the level layout, heightmap, characters, weapons, vehicles, and all the content that you can see in-game. (The in-game HUD and related stuff might also be in the graph.)

When the pipeline is about to build MP_003, it will first perform a consistency check on all content, and yell if any file that is referenced by any other is not present.

If all files are present, the pipeline will attempt to convert all files referenced by MP_003. It uses the file system journal to determine which files have changed on-disk. Also, and any files that have already been converted have info on which files depend on it (so it has info like: "if file X changes, then files Y,Z,W will also need to be rebuilt").

Building all content for BC2 from scratch takes something like 48-72 hours on a normal workstation. Half that time is spent building common content (such as character animations), half builds level-specific content.

In addition, there's a caching mechanism: if the pipeline wants to build a specific bit of content, it will first check if the pre-built content is already available on a cache server and take the result directly from the cache server instead. The pipeline can also populate the cache if it builds something new.

Pipeline issues

So how does this work in practice? It's not ideal, but it's good enough for us to ship games on it.

The pipeline is a bit overzealous with regards to rebuilding assets - sometimes it rebuilds stuff that it shouldn't need to.

The pipeline will normally crash about 2-3 times during a full rebuild.

You need to have Maya 8.5 (32-bit version) installed in order to convert any meshes.

Any content in the cache expires after 3 weeks. After 3 weeks have passed, that content will need to be rebuilt and re-uploaded by a machine running the pipeline. The effect that this has on day-to-day development is minimized by having one or two machines dedicated to running the pipeline every time any content change is done. By running the pipeline, those machines will populate the cache, thereby speeding up the build process for everyone else. (The output form those content build steps is discarded.)

In short: the pipeline + cache setup works better the more people are using it simultaneously.

If there are content errors, you need to know a lot about the internals of the game engine to figure out what's wrong.

Finally, in its current form, the pipeline + editor expects some specific IT infrastructure in place (most notably the cache server and a Perforce server).
If it's not there then the pipeline + editor will behave strangely.
The first time I tried, it took me about one week to get the full editor + pipeline setup to work properly outside of the DICE office. And that was when I had the option to call any of the other developers to ask for help.

... does this sound bad to you?

Truth be told, this is approximately where the industry average is at for game studios' internal game engines. One of FB 1.5's weaknesses is specifically that its content processing is flaky, and the flakiness gets more problematic as the amount of content goes up. FB 2.0 is much improved in this regard, but FB 1.5 is what we're using for BC2 and that's what relevant in the current discussion (or monologue if you prefer).

Content

Both the pipeline and the editor takes in all content in its raw, original form. Anyone who is to build any content needs the full 80GB of raw data on their machine. We are not comfortable giving out all our animations, meshes etc in raw form.

We are comfortable giving out the processed data - after all, that's what on the game disc - but that data does not plug into the editor/pipeline at all.

Licenses

The game, editor and pipeline all use commercial middleware. It is developed by Havok and several other companies.

The licensing agreement for the middleware allows us to use that code in specific products, on specific platforms.
If we want to release editor + pipeline, we need to license the middleware specifically for this. How much would that be? Perhaps $1M-$3M. I'm guessing wildly here.

Stripping out that middleware would seriously hamper the functionality especially of the pipeline. We use Havok Physics, for instance. Without Havok Physics, the pipeline wouldn't be able to convert any of the physics meshes. We also use Granny. Without Granny, the pipeline will not be able to convert any of the character animations. Etc.

Re-implementing the necessary functionality of the middleware ourselves ("let's make our own physics engine / let's plug in an open-source physics engine") would take literally man-years. Licensing is cheaper in pure $ cost and faster (it works now instead of by 2012).

The pipeline also uses some code that is under GPL. Given that we do not want to release the full source code for the editor + pipeline, we would need to replace the GPLed code with other implementations.

The GPLed code is less of a problem than the proprietary middleware.

Editor

The editor itself is reasonably stable and well-behaving. It is far from obvious how to set up the game logic for a level, but that is easily covered by releasing some example levels which contain the logic setup for the common gamemodes.

Test-running levels

First the level needs to be successfully processed by the pipeline. Then you'd want to be able to test it locally. That involves having a listen server around. We don't have a listen server neatly packaged. There's probably a piracy angle here too but I'm not going to discuss that.

Distribution of levels

Getting levels onto the RSPs server machines would likely not be any problem. However there's need for checksumming levels, so that game clients can know whether or not they have the correct version of level X on their machines. There's a whole bunch of other things (mainly UI-related) which will need cleaning up as well. Not difficult to do, just takes time and I'm listing it for the sake of completeness.

Also, there are some complications wrt when we release patches that affect the base game's content. Whenever we release a patch, all existing levels will need to be rebuilt with a new set of original data. This is because some level-common data is stored inside of the level archives. I'm not sure at the time of writing, but that probably means that the only manageable way for us would be to invalidate any user-made levels when we release a patch of that form.
Then creators of any user-generated levels would be required to run their levels again through the pipeline with the new base content supplied.

So how about just a map editor?

If it doesn't plug into the ecosystem above, then getting it to work involves some serious wrangling. Either it is a light-weight replacement for our existing editor - in which case all the challenges with the pipeline still remain - or it is a separate mode (think Forge for Halo). Developing an extra mod-layer that is sandwiched into the game would easily take 6-12 months.

Synergy effects between FB 1.5 and FB 2.0

So let's say that we would go through the procedure of making mod tools for FB 1.5. How much of that work would be reusable for FB 2.0?
I don't have any firm figures, but the differences between FB 1.5 and FB 2.0 are pretty large by now. Given this and the fact that a fair bit of the FB 1.5-specific problems (where the devil often is in the details) don't apply to FB 2.0, I'd guess that less than half of the work would port over to FB 2.0.

Conclusion

In conclusion, my recommendation to the rest of DICE is not to develop mod tools for BC2 PC. There are too many hurdles to overcome. That energy is better spent elsewhere, be that on BC2 or other titles.

Follow-up message from MikaelKalms

FB2.0 is better suited for modtools, but it is not a shoe-in yet. I will not speculate on whether or not modtools will be released for BF3.

Last edited:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Funny I always thought "bunny hopping" came from UK servers and refers to jump/prone/stance up prone/jump etc. Never occurred to me somebody might be whining because somebody simply jumps lol.

You mention bunny hopping like it's a single jump, but it's not. Bunny hoping isn't that instant reaction that you have when you get shot to jump, it's just hammering on the space bar like a dumbass, completely different. Bunny hopping or dolphin diving didn't originate from any country though, lol. Also Jump to Prone is Dolphin diving.

i see him pc today he have video drivers ans windows problems too, so i do fresh install windows for him and the game now on update and i will let u know what i find, thanx bro for replay

Ah, I'm betting new Windows, Drivers, Game and it will work great, let us know.

I don't get why people had any problems in BF2142 with bunny hopping. You jump you can't shoot until your feet hit the ground. So you have an opponent thats not shooting at all, how is that bad?!

Now if the whine is about a moving target should we also ban horizontal movement as in running?

Now if BC2 was default FF=ON too and not the other way around, even more fun and way less nade/40nm spamming (and remove the triangles). Well BF3 for that.

I don't know if anyone really had an issue in 2142 with hopping, think it was more BF2. And the issue is, clips are only so big, so if you have anything but an LMG and you miss some rounds, when they can finally shoot, your busy reloading aka dead. Horizontal movement is very effective, but it's smooth, you don't move so quickly, jump, jump, jump, your pogoing up and down pretty quickly.

And are you wanting to remove spotting? I really hope they don't, works so well for team work, like having a mic for people who don't have one.

PP2000 + 4x scope is more accurate than AN-94 is really fucked up.

Why shouldn't it be, less kick, bullets should still drop faster, but why shouldn't it be more accurate, it takes a lot more bullets to kill someone with.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I don't know if anyone really had an issue in 2142 with hopping, think it was more BF2. And the issue is, clips are only so big, so if you have anything but an LMG and you miss some rounds, when they can finally shoot, your busy reloading aka dead. Horizontal movement is very effective, but it's smooth, you don't move so quickly, jump, jump, jump, your pogoing up and down pretty quickly.

There was no Bunny hoping in 2142 because of two things. The carried over the final play version rules of BF2 that prevented it. When you land from a jump, you had to wait 1.25 seconds to jump (prevent bunny hopping). When you go prone, you had to wait 0.75 seconds to fire (Even if you did the Dolphin Dive you would land on the ground before you could shoot back).

Finally the hitbox glitch was fixed. In BF2, when a target jumped, their hitbox did not follow them correctly. This produced a minor glitch were damage registry would be reduced when your opponent jumped to rough 50% less than normal. Most compensated, like myself, by learning to time the shots with them landing on the ground. 2142 fixed this issue so jumping really did nothing to help you survive beyond making you a harder target to hit.

People still jumped when they were shot, but wasn't constantly jumping and jumping in a close range fight also happened but not all the time.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Thats some good info right there, I never really got into BF2, I loved 1942 Desert Combat Mod. And I never really got into 2142, but I like those 2142 rules, would be nice to see those again, no need to have to repeatedly jump or crouch anyways.

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging

And are you wanting to remove spotting? I really hope they don't, works so well for team work, like having a mic for people who don't have one.

Well there were lots of servers that had rules of no bunny hopping=hence no real issue, was mentioning it more as it was an issue as it wasn't allowed.

Spotting is nice, not getting sniped to face when the shooter simply couldn't have seen you is not ;) Remove triangles, let spotted enemies appera in minimap, like it was before.

history lesson

Thanks for that, explains a lot. Didn't play much BF2, so never got bothered with anything else than I liked BF2142 much better.

So bunny hopping was really just glitching the hitboxes in BF2. Well I can see how that would annoy and carry on the anger to newer games, where it's not a problem.

What was hard coming from BF2142 to BC2 is that every server had some rules in BF2142, be it no baserape, no spawn killing, no glitching or more specific ones like no solo flying on gunship. Now with BC2 there are no rules in almost any servers and even if there are these aren't any admins around to enforce them.

I took no baserape/spawnkills as a general Battlefield rules that don't even need to be said, you just don't do it. Maybe there really is so many Battlefield first timers on this one, but I've seen 30+ ranks also baserape and they should know better alreasy even if BF noobies.

Other thing that annoys me is players/admins not knowing what baserape is. Was on one server (Atacama) that had no baserape rule, I was flying helo near enemy base and one guy jump on AA gun shooting me. I reply with killing him on the AA and get kicked for baserape..

Last weekend was flying with a friend on chopper (Atacama again) over C and see a guy hopping on buggy driving way from base. Blew him up with missiles and he did a nice flip right at the gate end where the road starts to come down. He yells no baseraping while dead.

In both cases I flew away right after the kills, If I had stay near the base and shot everyone trying to get out, then maybe. Real baserape is when you are in enemy base and kill many players constantly, possibly with a support guy helping you. That's no fun and having experienced it even in BC2 few times wouldn't even dare to do it to others.

Now if only the new display would arrive, so I could get back to the battlefield to get annoyed and killed and maybe kill some my self. Last 2 rounds played where 3.5 k/d and 4.5 k/d, those were fun, no annoyance :D

And wasn't even snipecamping, although used sniper too, as I need this: Long Service Sniping Weapons Combat 2 # of sniper rifle kills left. 169h played and still not 500 sniper rifle kills, shows how much I use them :) Well got to use a bit more still, 23 markmenship headshots missing, I'm hunting missing Insiginias.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
You guys are all lame, I see you all 1 by 1 get on BC2, but I had to pick up my fiancee from work in like 20 min. I check Steam before I leave, your all still on, leave get her and back in 10 min, your all off BC2 :(

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Guys i really will appreciate your help on this.
Im planning a lanparty at home this weekend and where I live there isnt internet 4 all:twitch:
Yes its true, so what I need to know is if there is some way to play BF BC2 without connection? cuz the game ask me everytime (even lan) to connect.
Please help me on this.
Out of Luck ! If you all have your own copies you can find a server and play against each other, but you will all need internet connections. Does any one know if Black Op's is going to have LAN capabilities ?

Black Haru

Staff member
I close at work the next two nights, so if I get on it'll be after midnight. but I'm off on Friday, so we should get some games going.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Spotting is nice, not getting sniped to face when the shooter simply couldn't have seen you is not ;) Remove triangles, let spotted enemies appera in minimap, like it was before.

Spotting on minimap only allows you to see people who are in range of it. I know there are some great Snipers out there, but I feel a lot of them want to hide and not really play the game, so most of them move to HC where there is no kill cam or marking, then they hide in the hills and never move in and cap a flag or arm a crate, and I call that not playing the game.

But thats why I play on Norm servers, promotes moving around more. I think if Kill Cam is on, then the mimimap triangle should be fine, but if its off, one over there head is nice, I don't like campers at all.

Why shouldn't it be, less kick, bullets should still drop faster, but why shouldn't it be more accurate, it takes a lot more bullets to kill someone with.

You should try them out now... You will know what I mean. It doesn't take more bullets because all bullets DO hit. Empty half of the AN94 clip = 2 busts from PP2000.

AN94 basicly a rifle, while PP2000 is a SMG... Don't tell me which one is supposed to be more accurate...

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
no worries ill be back on for DAMN sure in about 15mins from this post

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
easyrhino.homelinux.com port 9987

^ get on teamspeak add that shit to your bookmarks in TS3 so we can communicate

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
You should try them out now... You will know what I mean. It doesn't take more bullets because all bullets DO hit. Empty half of the AN94 clip = 2 busts from PP2000.

AN94 basicly a rifle, while PP2000 is a SMG... Don't tell me which one is supposed to be more accurate...

Look at my most used weapon ;) Its right in my sig. I don't use scopes on anything really though, and I don't believe scopes add accuracy to weapons stats at all. SMG doesn't mean less accurate, it means less damage per bullet, the PP 2000 is like firing a dillinger, takes an entire damn clip to kill people a lot of the time. And you can't just hold a PP-2000 down, especially with a scope, and especially at range, you will have to burst fire it, which sucks because it takes so many bullets to kill people. You might be able to pull off a full auto kill now and then (at range that is), but most of the time that just isn't going to work, the PP-2000 is the gun that most commonly lets targets away with like 5% hp, and leaves you going "dammit! 55 more rounds and that target would have lost that 5% (ok maybe 1 more bullets, but you get the point)"

Last edited:
Scope is for targets you can't see clear with iron sight... I have been using the AN94 since I unlocked it. There was time it was good and time it was bad, so I know it really well. I spent a few hours this morning using PP2000 by chances and it was so damn easy to handle. Seriously, every bullets were registered and i felt my bullets actually reached targets unlike the "current" AN94. Even before the An94 was nerf it was not this good. SMG use smaller bullets that's why it has so many bullets, smaller bullets = lost accuracy when shot long range targets.