• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

colorful b760i frozen wifi + 13600kf The fivr display is locked and cannot be operated

SAnathema

VRM is probably Actual Vrm Core Voltage
Then i got Global Core SVID Voltage and Cache SVID Voltage
Guess it's the second one?

On the funny side i noticed that with the same ac/dc values(0.60-auto) with latest microcode i did not experience any downstretching on ecores and performance was a little higher (although around 22.6k in cb23) while with microcode 104 aside from ecore downclocking cb23 gives around 21.2k.
Less power though around 153 watts from 170 and temps are lower too. Even idle temps are room temps.

Need to test a lot it seems..

PS: the asus performance enhancement is so strange that is needs to be enabled.. All other boards need it disabled :/ doesnt it release unlimited watts?

veidas

• Cinebench R23 - 24234
  • CPU Package max power - 123w
  • CPU Max temp - 63c (65c after 10mins)
  • -160mv offset
  • Stock LLC (AC70/DC90)
13600K with Gigabyte B660M board running oldest bios that supports 13th gen. CPU cooler is also on custom fan profile, only goes upto like 70% of max speed, so its really silent even on full load. Im not sure its 100% stable yet, but seems to be. Handles every benchmark and stress test I do. Its crazy how efficient it can be.

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 154

Aviio

Then i got Global Core SVID Voltage and Cache SVID Voltage
Guess it's the second one?
I can't really tell you as I haven't tried lowering cache in bios. You're probably better off googling this real quick instead of taking my word for it.

I'm using LLC Level 4 atm with AC70 and -140mV offset. I haven't had any crashes yet and power is 140w.

LLC Level 3 -160mV gave me the same wattage but it crashed in idle.

On the funny side i noticed that with the same ac/dc values(0.60-auto) with latest microcode i did not experience any downstretching on ecores and performance was a little higher (although around 22.6k in cb23) while with microcode 104 aside from ecore downclocking cb23 gives around 21.2k.
21k is rather low if you don't have anything running in the background. Maybe try it with ThrottleStop too and see where that brings you. With the settings I mentioned above I'm able to reach 24k in cinebench if I end tasks in the background like keyboard software etc.

PS: the asus performance enhancement is so strange that is needs to be enabled.. All other boards need it disabled :/ doesnt it release unlimited watts?
I have no idea why it interferes with the undervolting. From my understanding it increases PL1 and PL2 to 254W and 300W, but this shouldn't be an issue if you set your PL1 and 2 manually to something like 180W. I'll gladly leave it on if it allows me to undervolt.

• Cinebench R23 - 24234
  • -160mv offset
  • Stock LLC (AC70/DC90)
13600K with Gigabyte B660M board running oldest bios that supports 13th gen. CPU cooler is also on custom fan profile, only goes upto like 70% of max speed, so its really silent even on full load. Im not sure its 100% stable yet, but seems to be. Handles every benchmark and stress test I do. Its crazy how efficient it can be.
That's really good, are you sure nothing crashes when you're idling? I found that I can go pretty low on wattage under load but I always crashed after 30mins of doing nothing or something that isn't demanding.

Last edited:

veidas

I can't really tell you as I haven't tried lowering cache in bios. You're probably better off googling this real quick instead of taking my word for it.

I'm using LLC Level 4 atm with AC70 and -140mV offset. I haven't had any crashes yet and power is 140w.

LLC Level 3 -160mV gave me the same wattage but it crashed in idle.

21k is rather low if you don't have anything running in the background. Maybe try it with ThrottleStop too and see where that brings you. With the settings I mentioned above I'm able to reach 24k in cinebench if I end tasks in the background like keyboard software etc.

I have no idea why it interferes with the undervolting. From my understanding it increases PL1 and PL2 to 254W and 300W, but this shouldn't be an issue if you set your PL1 and 2 manually to something like 180W. I'll gladly leave it on if it allows me to undervolt.

That's really good, are you sure nothing crashes when you're idling? I found that I can go pretty low on wattage under load but I always crashed after 30mins of doing nothing or something that isn't demanding.
With -130mv at 130w its 100% stable, used pc for 2 weeks, casual, gaming, stress testing, benchmarks, not a single hiccup or crash. With -160mv doesnt crash on any bench, but only used for 2 days casually. Need more stress testing and time, but seems quite stable. 1.07 vcore at load

SAnathema

hmm.. so APE if left alone sets PL1 and PL2 to 4095 watts. I ll try to turn it on then set em manually to 181 Watts as you suggested.
Right now i really have no clue why only ecores max frequency under load is limited to 3.2 Ghz with the 104 microcode.
cb23 vcore hovers around 1.144 usually. Maybe spikes once at cyberpunk to 1.180 but usually 1.144 there too.

System agent voltage is static at 1.250 as shown in pic from throttlestop. Guess it has something to do with xmp I for ddr5 (asus optimized xmp)

For a really strange note CPU CORE and CPU P CACHE voltages show on adaptive mode, but after watching them for a while sometimes they blink (for 1-2 secs) to static mode with value of 1.250 too (all auto in bios)

Lastly another thing that bothers me. When one sets an LLC for example, shouldnt hwinfo report different ac/dc values for each llc? So we know the impedance of each llc. In mine no matter what LLC i choose dc always gets a value of 1.7 ohm. Strange ain't it?

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 83

Aviio

With -130mv at 130w its 100% stable, used pc for 2 weeks, casual, gaming, stress testing, benchmarks, not a single hiccup or crash. With -160mv doesnt crash on any bench, but only used for 2 days casually. Need more stress testing and time, but seems quite stable. 1.07 vcore at load
I'm at 135W with -140mV and have not had a crash yet.

LLC4 AC70/DC170

If I don't crash I will leave it at this as temps are really good now. I don't understand why all motherboards run these cpus at the max intel specifications, if they run stable with a lot less voltage.

hmm.. so APE if left alone sets PL1 and PL2 to 4095 watts. I ll try to turn it on then set em manually to 181 Watts as you suggested.
Right now i really have no clue why only ecores max frequency under load is limited to 3.2 Ghz with the 104 microcode.
cb23 vcore hovers around 1.144 usually. Maybe spikes once at cyberpunk to 1.180 but usually 1.144 there too.
Have you tried checking if ThrottleStop reports any limiting when under load?

System agent voltage is static at 1.250 as shown in pic from throttlestop. Guess it has something to do with xmp I for ddr5 (asus optimized xmp)
Maybe try XMP II? Don't know why it's static for you.

Lastly another thing that bothers me. When one sets an LLC for example, shouldnt hwinfo report different ac/dc values for each llc? So we know the impedance of each llc. In mine no matter what LLC i choose dc always gets a value of 1.7 ohm. Strange ain't it?
DC only affects power readings. Check if vid = vcore under load and if it's not change dc so they match. I think its higher dc = lower vid. If they do it's fine to leave it at 1.7mOhms, if they don't it's possible that power readings get under- or overreported which on the other hand can cause the cpu to falsly power throttle or not power throttle at your set power limits. Otherwise DC won't affect your performance/power draw at all.

SAnathema

i get vid=vcore only at LLC3 with AC 60(could tweak i guess) and DC on auto which sets it to 1.7(170)
How do i see with Throttlestop the report about limiting?

Also i just run the 960M benchmark and all ecores went to max while Pcores weren't used.

So i went with LLC 3 put AC_LL to 70 with auto DC_LL (1.70)
Then APE enabled and set pl1 and pl2 to 181 watts

Run cb23 and the results are the first 2 photos (great score for 170 watts, temps are good) Couldn't do that with latest microcode.
Voltage was different idk why between first and second (second is much better)
ecores almost 100%

Then i went and used ThrottleStop to undervolt -125mv and run cb23 again.
Pretty nice score @1.17V, very little consumption and low temps. ecores almost at 100% also.

Run 10 mins of it no problem, run prime85 for 30 mins and Linpack Extreme. All good. Now to see how it performs while idling, cuz i see minimum vcore 0.200 and max vcore 1.064 LOL.
If it's fine i ll set ThrottleStop to start with pc :D
Might try AC on 0.65 as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 106

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
PL1 and PL2 to 4095 watts.
There is nothing wrong with leaving both power limits set to the max, 4095 W. This helps prevent any power limit throttling. It is just a limit. It does not tell your CPU to use 4095W.

voltages show on adaptive mode, but after watching them for a while sometimes they blink (for 1-2 secs) to static mode

1676741662265.png

In the FIVR monitoring table are you seeing the Voltage column alternate sometimes between Adaptive and Static? There is a single CPU register that controls both reading and writing voltage to the CPU. If you have multiple monitoring programs both reading and writing information to and from this register, the results might be unpredictable at times. If you are running HWiNFO or CPU-Z, try exiting those programs when using ThrottleStop. There is no easy way to prevent problems when multiple programs are all trying to access a single register at the same time.

why only ecores max frequency under load is limited to 3.2 GHz
Try using ThrottleStop to access the Windows High Performance power plan. Does Limit Reasons report anything when your E cores are not running at full speed? Try setting Power Limit 4 in the TPL window to a value of 0.

Don't know why it's static for you.
The first time you run ThrottleStop, it reads the voltages that the CPU is presently using. If the BIOS sets one of these voltages to Static then ThrottleStop will read that from the CPU and will continue using that voltage unless you decide to change it. Adaptive mode should work for any of the voltages. Not sure why some manufacturers use Static for the System Agent.

I don't understand why
I think all manufacturers are forced to follow along with anything Intel says. If you try to re-engineer something and think for yourself, your next shipment of processors might end up at your competition's warehouse.

i just run the 960M benchmark
The TS Bench has never been tested on 12th and 13th Gen CPUs with P and E cores. I am not sure how this benchmark load will get distributed to the P and E cores during a partial load test.

How do i see with Throttlestop the report about limiting?
Push the Limits button to open up Limit Reasons. This will show any reasons for throttling. The ThrottleStop log file will also show this information. Check the Log File box on the main screen and your log file should be in your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. When finished testing, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. Attach a log file to your next post if you need help understanding what it is telling you.

Nice R23 scores and nice drop in power consumption and heat. AIO sales might decline. A good air cooler should be able to handle the 13600K now.

SAnathema

True i had multiple monitoring programs running. You just might be right :D

Ts Bench 960M seems to affect only ecores. All ecores went to max frequency while using it. P cores did not get any load at all.
Power limit 4 is already at 0 and i use a high performance plan.
I also used the limit reasons while benchmarking with the previous set up (which TS showed ecores at 3.2 only) but limit reasons reported nothing on the window. I checked the log file box just now so i can see it later.
I ll try replicate the previous conditions so i can test it.

Thanks unclewebb

unclewebb

TS Bench 960M
Do all the cores and threads run at full speed when doing a full load TS Bench 20 Thread test?

If you see anything unusual, post some screenshots so I can see how ThrottleStop is running. Feedback like this will help me improve the program.

Maybe Windows does not think the TS Bench is important so it does not bother raising the E cores up to full speed. Not sure. Hopefully the E cores run at full speed when running Cinebench.

i had multiple monitoring programs running.
Busted!

SAnathema

In Asus motherboards you can undervolt with offset in Global Core SVID Voltage and Cache SVID Voltage instead of TS (CPU core and CPU P Cache) and works the same with 104 microcode.
So no need to start TS every boot.
But in any case TS is an amazing program which works better than XTU or similar in house programs and for that kudos @unclewebb . Great work man.

unclewebb

@Aibar just sent me an example of what ThrottleStop reports when Undervolt Protection is enabled.
Microcode 10F is not good. Someone needs to create new BIOS versions with the old 104 microcode.
It would be easier to buy an Asus motherboard that already has the 104 microcode feature available in the BIOS.

1677001185476.png

Last edited:

Aibar

@Aibar just sent me an example of what ThrottleStop reports when Undervolt Protection is enabled.
Microcode 10F is not good. Someone needs to create new BIOS versions with the old 104 microcode.
It would be easier to buy an Asus motherboard that already has the 104 microcode feature available in the BIOS.

View attachment 284866
I find out that i can change voltage using MSI Center, but performance falls proportionally. Is it because microcode thing?

armit

• Cinebench R23 - 24234
  • -160mv offset
  • Stock LLC (AC70/DC90)
Did Intel block voltage regulation on the B board? I took 13700k 112 degrees on the B660.

Last edited by a moderator: