• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive for Most Devices [USB Supported]

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
We did not try after fixing the issue, he may have done since I don't know. You set the format and spatial to DTS:X HT, and set the receiver to passthrough.
I have Windows 10, and the DTS:X HT option in formats and in the Sound Unbound app never show, so no idea after that.

If no audio, then its still doesn't work just yet. Or try setting to stereo then DTS:X HT format and spatial.

Note: Playing some audio with DTS:X HT enabled, and then changing modes-settings on the receiver until you get audio, might help.

----

If still not working, you can compensate by adding Interactive + DTS:X Ultra to HDMI. Ask if you need help
I have W11 with your driver installed (DCH) but I don't seem to be able to have DTS:X HT in format nor spatial (it doesn't show up in the list). Even when I have legally bought DTS Sound Unbound.

Last edited:

TheAquanox

Haven't tried that.

BTW, In my case, the TV was the problem so I set the Sdpif options on it to passthrough.

There is issues if you update from 10 to 11, did A fresh install yesterday of Win11, all formats showed, and worked.
DTS:X HT is interface locked to HDMI, and has only HDMI license. Total lockout on everything else.

Bit sad given my Realtek SPDIF and HDMI to TOSLink extractor has no issues sending DTS:X files.
The silly part is, I can still get DTS:X HT via TOSLink, using my HDMI extractor.

Win11 Test.png

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
There is issues if you update from 10 to 11, did A fresh install yesterday of Win11, all formats showed, and worked.
DTS:X HT is interface locked to HDMI, and has only HDMI license. Total lockout on everything else.

Bit sad given my Realtek SPDIF and HDMI to TOSLink extractor has no issues sending DTS:X files.
The silly part is, I can still get DTS:X HT via TOSLink, using my HDMI extractor.
I have made a fresh install (via USB card and formating all my data) last week (I was onW10 before for one day). I don't have DTS:X HT.

I followed the tutorial six times, deleting files and driver and doing a registry cleaner each time but still nothing

Nothing to do with the driver, its all in Sound Unbound, are you talking HDMI?

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Then there is a bug somewhere, you will be happy to know its not running from 'DTS:X E1' or 'DTS:X E2', its detects 'DTS-HD', like Atmos just detects 'TrueHD', 'DD+'.

Windows 11 its better with SPDIF than 10, even if I tick formats and samples with SPDIF, then convert to HDMI, I get all ticks as an EDID.
It even shows speaker config and the HDMI panel in sound settings, with HDCP and 2 channel 16-20-24 bit.

The problem is DTS-Dolby, either not making licenses available on other interfaces, or intentionally capping us to a slower interface to upsell more products.

I can book you in for TeamViewer later this evening or tomorrow, little busy at this time.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Then there is a bug somewhere, you will be happy to know its not running from 'DTS:X E1' or 'DTS:X E2', its detects 'DTS-HD', like Atmos just detects 'TrueHD', 'DD+'.

Windows 11 its better with SPDIF than 10, even if I tick formats and samples with SPDIF, then convert to HDMI, I get all ticks as an EDID.
It even shows speaker config and the HDMI panel in sound settings, with HDCP and 2 channel 16-20-24 bit.

The problem is DTS-Dolby, either not making licenses available on other interfaces, or intentionally capping us to a slower interface to upsell more products.

I can book you in for TeamViewer later this evening or tomorrow, little busy at this time.
I have made a clean up of my audio drivers. I can do a TeamViewer tonight ot tomorrow after lessons (17h Madrid)

Last edited:
Will have to be tomorrow, message me when you are around. What GPU are you using, and what is the receiver?

----

If you intend to use SPDIF, you cant, and not because of Windows or because of SPDIF (faster than HDMI audio).
It's because Dolby-DTS-Other don't provide a license for SPDIF, essentially locking down hardware.

I am back in Win10 now, but as posted previously, Win11 is better with SPDIF, it fully detects the samples.
My ALC 889 SPDIF does: 16-20-24 bit, 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/192k, Win10 only shows some of those.

The full range for SPDIF is: 22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192k, regardless there are some images below.

----

Even after adding the formats, Sound Unbound will say, "You have a license, but not for this endpoint."

SPDIF -Before.png
SPDIF - HDMI.png
After - Panels.png
After - Atmos.png

If you want to know more about SPDIF-TOSLink, see here.

----

My Realtek 889 SPDIF will passthrough all formats without the formats in the supported list.
To trick Sound Unbound, I use my HDMI-TOSLink extractor/converter, it see's HDMI.

For the OEM to support all formats on SPDIF, they probably need an interface license.
Given that these licenses don't exist, they actually cannot add the formats.

Will be ever see the formats on SPDIF and receivers, probably not, we are not allowed!

Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Will have to be tomorrow, message me when you are around. What GPU are you using, and what is the receiver?

----

If you intend to use SPDIF, you cant, and not because of Windows or because of SPDIF (faster than HDMI audio).
It's because Dolby-DTS-Other don't provide a license for SPDIF, essentially locking down hardware.

I am back in Win10 now, but as posted previously, Win11 is better with SPDIF, it fully detects the samples.
My ALC 889 SPDIF does: 16-20-24 bit, 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/192k, Win10 only shows some of those.

The full range for SPDIF is: 22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192k, regardless there are some images below.

----

Even after adding the formats, Sound Unbound will say, "You have a license, but not for this endpoint."

View attachment 235519
View attachment 235518
View attachment 235517
View attachment 235516

If you want to know more about SPDIF-TOSLink, see here.

----

My Realtek 889 SPDIF will passthrough all formats without the formats in the supported list.
To trick Sound Unbound, I use my HDMI-TOSLink extractor/converter, it see's HDMI.

For the OEM to support all formats on SPDIF, they probably need an interface license.
Given that these licenses don't exist, they actually cannot add the formats.

Will be ever see the formats on SPDIF and receivers, probably not, we are not allowed!
My GPUs are the following : GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

I do not plan to use SPDIF since I do not have the cable (and I don't know how to connect them to my graphic card)

What is your "HDMI-TOSLunk extractor/converter"?

By the way, I'm ready for TeamViewer ^^

Sorry I am late, I sent you a message, hopefully we can find a good time. So all looks good from your above post, what is the receiver?
If the receiver supports 'DTS-HD', then DTS:X HT will show in the formats list, this requires Win11, not working on Win10.

I have heard of issues with formats not showing with GPU's, which is driver or residual driver fault related.

My extractor/converter is a 'HDV-MB01' with custom EDID, for the virtual monitor, no TV-monitor attached (has 2 modes).

----

The 'HDV-MB01' is designed well in the fact the digital converter, or passthrough circuit, is multichannel, although the default is 2.
With an EDID override driver, which is not actually a driver, I can program it to do everything on TOSLink.

I programmed only 6 channels, as 5.1 LPCM is supported on TOSLink with this model.

After emailing the OEM, they tested 7.1 LCPM and passed it, not sure if there is now another model.
The unit is also HDMI 2.0b. 8 x192k, 1536 total aggregate, although this does not apply.

HDV-MB01.png

Last edited:
Update: Updated the setup registry files, if you are using a Realtek driver, which is not my DTS DCH, you can use 'DTS Settings' from here, instead.
The 'DTS Settings' version also contains the Realtek APO keys, opposed to the ones provided in the 'Ultra Pack', which do not.

With some devices, you may need to remove the 'Endpoint FX APO Processing Modes' key:

1644613289846.png

Install (double click) > Edit/Run setup .reg files > Restart.

====

How to convert a device to HD Audio (and unlock Ultra).

In this example, I am using a virtual device, but for devices that still don't work after you have done the setup .reg, such as USB, do the following:

Find any 'HDAUDIO' device on your system, it can be anything that says 'HDAUDIO', in this example I used my Realtek 'Speakers'.
Find and copy the value of '{b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc},2', replace the value on the virtual device (USB).

Next, replace '{a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},24', with 'HDAUDIO', no '', then restart your PC.

HDAUDIO.png
Virtual.png

Last edited:
Update: Updated the setup registry files, if you are using a Realtek driver, which is not my DTS DCH, you can use 'DTS Settings' from here, instead.
The 'DTS Settings' version also contains the Realtek APO keys, opposed to the ones provided in the 'Ultra Pack', which do not.

With some devices, you may need to remove the 'Endpoint FX APO Processing Modes' key:

View attachment 236218

Install (double click) > Edit/Run setup .reg files > Restart.

====

How to convert a device to HD Audio (and unlock Ultra).

In this example, I am using a virtual device, but for devices that still don't work after you have done the setup .reg, such as USB, do the following:

Find any 'HDAUDIO' device on your system, it can be anything that says 'HDAUDIO', in this example I used my Realtek 'Speakers'.
Find and copy the value of '{b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc},2', replace the value on the virtual device (USB).

Next, replace '{a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},24', with 'HDAUDIO', no '', then restart your PC.

View attachment 236266
View attachment 236267
Hello! Please make reg files or setup script for that. Me make this changes not easy. Sorry. Thanks. Goodbye

Cant, you have to do it your self. It's not a driver, and every driver and device is different, its not possible to make a one click solution, sorry.

Cant, you have to do it your self. It's not a driver, and every driver and device is different, its not possible to make a one click solution, sorry.
I got lost trying to install all its records and .bat files, the only thing that caught my attention was the SPDIF DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and DTS:X E1 and E2 formats

1644831373883.png
1644831401902.png

the bad thing is that it does not let me select DTS: X for entertainment center and every time I try to select it sends me to the microsoft store to DTS Sound Unbound

1644831717493.png

1644831767779.png

All this happens with Windows 11

You double click install then do the .reg files, that's 2 steps. You should read the posts above in terms of DTS:X HT on SPDIF.
If you need help just ask or we can use TeamViewer, DTS:X HT is locked to HDMI only, blame DTS.

TBH I doubt you will gain that much from DTS:X HT over Interactive:X, if you have 6-8 channel speakers.

----

Some people have told me that using Dolby Atmos (spatial) on HDMI, causes a delay, enough to not want to use it.
Based on what I know about spatial processing, DTS:X HT will probably also have a similar delay.

DTS:X + Interactive (Interactive:X, or DTS:X Interactive) has no such delay, at the human level its instant.
HDMI cant actually do 12 x 192k, so to get 11.1 @ 192k it has to be compressed.

SPDIF can do 15x 192k at the consumer level, thats 15 direct channels, no processing or compression.

Last edited:
You double click install then do the .reg files, that's 2 steps. You should read the posts above in terms of DTS:X HT on SPDIF.
If you need help just ask or we can use TeamViewer, DTS:X HT is locked to HDMI only, blame DTS.

TBH I doubt you will gain that much from DTS:X HT over Interactive:X, if you have 6-8 channel speakers.
will this erase my current realtek unlocked DPLII?

No but you will need to take note on the SFX, MFX, EFX keys using FX config, once you have applied the .reg files, you can put them back.
I imagine the keys are Realtek ones, which means if you use the .reg from 'DTS Settings' version for Realtek, it will be fine.

If you use the 'Multichannel.reg', you should already be setup much like you are but with DTS added.
DPLII is probably running from Realtek SFX, since SFX is where upmixing occurs.

Edit: Make sure you select Dolby or DTS in the formats list after applying, the .reg is 6 channel out.

Restart PC once finished.

Last edited:
Copy and note LFX and GFX, then setup and run the .reg, once done, either put LFX and GFX back, or, Add them to the beginning (top), LFX to SFX composite, GFX to MFX composite or EFX composite.

Copy and note LFX and GFX, then setup and run the .reg, once done, either put LFX and GFX back, or, Add them to the beginning (top), LFX to SFX composite, GFX to MFX composite or EFX composite.
the truth is I don't know what is LFX and GFX in FX CONFIGURATOR and when trying to do it I ended up ruining my realtek controller and my DTS interactive and dolby pro logic 2 disappeared and the audios in 6 channel AAC format started to be heard in stereo only :( I had to do a clean uninstall again with the help of DDU UNINSTALL and reinstall unlocked patched realtek

very difficult to install for me, I end up messing up my modified realtek

I can show you quickly tomorrow, via TeamViewer, if that helps.

----

Edit (I forgot):

For HDA you also need the properties key, as well as the LFX GFX key, before you start on the right is 'backup registry'.

The folder panel that opens after you press backup, will give an error due to Trusted Installer.
Navigate to C:\Users\, or any other drive manually, to save the file.

Last edited:

vardipoor.m

@Ferather hi i have Realtek ALC1220A, 2.1 pcm, asux x570 motherboard, windows 11 latest update.
And i do all of things you say in post 1 but not working, dts service is running and i get "please connect to external...." error on dtsx ultra uwp app.
Can you help me with TeamViewer? Thanks

Last edited: