• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ethereum Mining Wipes Out Radeon Inventory, AMD Stock Rallies

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
They make people pay to cash in these coins after they mine them or they pay to join a site? Amazing how AMD cards have shoot up!

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
So, you had a very bad experience, but you still feel the need to defend it. Totally not like a cult, right? Think whatever you want, I don't care. It's stupid.
Im sure he secretly feels the same way about your opinion.

System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
Crypto currencies should be banned by law. This crap is the most useless thing humanity has done right after the fidget spinners. Computing some useless numbers, wasting gigawats of power on it for what exactly? Go and do compute on cancer and HIV research, but crypto currency? WHY!? No to mention it fucks up the graphics market yet again.

Tell that to gold and diamond miners. Wasting tons of gigawatts of power, manhours and equipment to dig the ground up... for what? To make some bling for rich people?

Also it's not exactly "fucking up the graphics market" but providing AMD with much needed money boost for any future R&D.

You do know that gold and diamonds aren't just for jewelry, but it's also used for things like CPU powering your PC? And other industrial applications?

Tell that to gold and diamond miners. Wasting tons of gigawatts of power, manhours and equipment to dig the ground up... for what? To make some bling for rich people?

Also it's not exactly "fucking up the graphics market" but providing AMD with much needed money boost for any future R&D.
Tell that to the people using diamond tips for cutting metals, rocks or any number of high precision industries. There's gold inside your computer, who'd have thunk it, pretty sure you didn't! The diamond is also used in labs, a diamond can handle more pressure than any other natural substance, did you know that? Gold, any number of things that require a substance which doesn't oxidize rapidly including the likes of aerospace, medicine et al.

Tell me what your crypto currency can do today, instead of just fueling speculation & GPU mining? The (large) number of people justifying this craze is hilarious & then they call bankers different names, oh the irony!

Last edited:
System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
Tell that to the people using diamond tips for cutting metals, rocks or any number of high precision industries. There's gold inside your computer, who'd have thunk it, pretty sure you didn't! The diamond is also used in labs, a diamond can handle more pressure than any other natural substance, did you know that? Gold, any number of things that require a substance which doesn't oxidize rapidly including the likes of aerospace, medicine et al.

Gold. A tiny fraction, yes. More than 3/4 is used in pointless jewelry. The next big part just sits in the vaults in form of bars... just to store value or whatever... really pointless also. Or I would rather call is as useful as cryptocurrency. THEN and only then comes electronics. Then a little bit medicine and aerospace.
About 1/3 of diamonds are used for pointless jewelry.

Tell me what your crypto currency can do today, instead of just fueling speculation & GPU mining? The (large) number of people justifying this craze is hilarious & then they call bankers different names, oh the irony!

Banksters are to blame for every financial bubble and their bursting. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them! So yeah.

Last edited:
Gold. A tiny fraction, yes. More than 3/4 is used in pointless jewelry. The next big part just sits in the vaults in form of bars... just to store value or whatever... really pointless also. Or I would rather call is as useful as cryptocurrency. THEN and only then comes electronics. Then a little bit medicine and aerospace.
About 1/3 of diamonds are used for pointless jewelry.
Just when did jewelry become pointless? :eek:
Banksters are to blame for every financial bubble and their bursting. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them! So yeah.
That's like saying that weapon manufacturers are responsible for every murder when a gun was used. Oh come on.