1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Experiences with Newegg.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Soylent Joe, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe

Thanks Received:
    Post some of your good, bad, and ugly experiences with Newegg here.

Personally, they've always been great for me. I've spent about a grand with them over the last year, and each time they have it shipped within 24 hours and it's here in just a couple days. I purchased a few items with the 90 days to pay option this morning at about 11:00. I got back at 4:00 to check and the credit check thingy, processing, charging, packing, and shipping were all completed.

The only thing is, they pack everything in just some peanuts, with no wrapping or anything. It's easy to miss something while looking through the box and accidentally throw it away. Also, when they shipped my case to me, they didn't wrap it or anything. It looked exactly how it would look in the store, with some shipping labels on it. But hey, it was free shipping on a heavy case, I don't blame them.

2. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    don't get me started, lol... last year they were awesome... decemember of 2008 and on, I haven't been too thrilled with them...:(

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. reverze

Thanks Received:
    No problems here.

I've ordered thousands and thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them. Somewhere in the 5 digit range and have had really no problems.

Anytime I've needed an RMA I just hop on the phone or recently the chat feature and explain and get free shipping back and all of that.

I also had a brand new 24'' SAMSUNG with a dead pixel and they took it back no problem for me. ( Just received the refund on Monday. )

I always buy through them and will as long as they're around. Especially because they offer such great prices, customer server, and the 1 year no payment!

4. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe

Thanks Received:
    You seriously can't beat their prices for anything except maybe their video games. For PC parts and such, they're #1.

5. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    I have never had any problems with Newegg. They are always the first place I will go to order something. Good price and great customer services. Over the last few years I have probably spend $3000+ there.

6. dieselcat18

dieselcat18

Thanks Received:
    Same here as with most of you guys, over the past 3 years I've spent 6K plus with newegg, mainly on parts for a new or system upgrades among other items such as a 4in1 printer.
    Newegg is generally priced cheaper than most other e-tailers (not always) and local stores such as Best Buy. They offer free S&H, promo codes and instant discounts and MIR that make for great savings. Along with very good customer service, Newegg is my place to shop 99% of the time.
    I bought a Foxconn 8800GTX from them about 3 years ago (still have the card) and it offered a MIR of 30.00. Well months went by and after trying to contact the flaky company handling the rebates with no success, I called Newegg and explained I never received the MIR promised me. They didn't even balk and Instantly apologized for the problem and credited my account the 30 bucks, no questions asked.
    They have also gone the extra mile for me on several other occasions with some other issues needing to be resolved. The shipping has always been spot on, delivered on time or early with all items intact.
    If I have one con about the Egg, it's that even though I haven't received any damaged items due to shipping, the packing of certain parts could have been better.
    Two weeks ago I had delivered a new router, GPU and monitor. The monitor was sent in the original factory box, not double boxed, which concerned me greatly about not only possible damage but theft. The other two parts were loosely packed in a box with a small amount of wrapping paper tucked inside. They sent me a letter saying they are trying to go more 'GREEN' with the shipping materials they use and wanted my feedback.
    I think they have started to get the message from customer that haven't been really thrilled with their packing procedures, I hope they continue to listen and improve.
    I think I should buy stock in Newegg for all the money I give them.....:p

7. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    i will 2nd this.... i have probably spent 15000 + on parts for peoples upgrades,builds and my own personal stuff.... i think i may have had 5 or 6 rma's in7 years or more..and those were open box items.

8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I've only had a few issues with them, all resolved far beyond my satisfaction.

The first was with a video card that arrived DOA(XFX 7800GTX). I RMA'd it to newegg, and over a week after they had recieved it, they still hadn't shipped out the replacement. A quick email later, and they appologized and said it would be shipped out the following day. And it was, with upgraded overnight shipping too.

The most recent was when I bought my EeePC. Not even 48 hours after I placed the order, the price on it went down $100. I emailed them about it, and they gave me the usual "we don't price match BS", which I replied with "well then I guess I should start shopping at any one of your competitors that do". I didn't hear anything after that for about a week. So I sent another email saying I don't like being ignored. I was quickly responded to, they were very applogetic, and not only did they give me the refund of $100, they they also gave me $100 store credit! I had to call the representive that handled the case when I wanted to claim the $100 credit when I was placing the order, so that she could catch the order before it hit my credit card and apply the $100 credit. When I did that, she also upgraded the order to overnight shipping!

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  9. enaher

enaher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just love newegg, man the best things about going to the US buying from newegg, o and visiting the family , jejeje

I,ve bought tons of things from them and they never let me down... i got this sparkle Geforce 6600 and it died 3 days latter they just credited the money to my account, no RMA.

And the last time i got a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM, the thing was dead called them told them i had to travel back in 2 days and they sent me a replacement the next day, and i still had to return the first one, that there makes me buy from them only.

10. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I've had no problems with them. I ordered probably close to $10,000 worth of stuff from them since 2004.

Yeah, sometimes stuff doesn't work out the best when it arrives but they are always willing to replace it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. reverze

Thanks Received:
    Newegg will basically get on their knees for you if you ask them to.

There is no reason not to buy from them..

12. Kursah

Kursah Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had top notch experiences with Newegg, spent thousands of dollars on my stuff and parts for customers' builds, etc. I have yet to recieve a DOA, which even if I did, they couldn't be blamed since they didn't make the part that failed (imo). I have had a couple RMA's, and they've taken care of it quite well, I have found that it's best to deal with Newegg Customer Service via phone for best results. Back when I first got my GTX260, it was 300 w/~$35MIR, then the price dropped 30 bucks a few days after my purchase...I called them, they refunded me the difference between what I paid and the new price without any problems, their shipping is fast, their prices are solid, I am willing to pay a little more to go through newegg now with the excellent service I have recieved over the years.

Newegg = :rockout:

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Neweggism, my new religion. If I need something, I sacrifice money to his mightyness and I receive :respect:

14. reverze

Thanks Received:
    Wonder how much Newegg is pulling in..

15. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Newegg FTW!!

16. enaher

enaher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds so much better than my current religion... you know being a Jedi and all:laugh:

17. From_Nowhere New Member

Thanks Received:
    Newegg -The Good: A wide selection of computer parts so chances are you will find exactly what you need for a low price. I have bought RAM, processors, video cards, and a power supply there before.

Newegg -The Bad: Like every other asshole retailer on the net they only ship pricey UPS and FedEx, and the people in the middle of nowhere, Alaska get to pay $200+ shipping. Why in the hell can't newegg ship through the damn US Postal Service (Not as good as UPS or FedEx, but it's CHEAP). In case you didn't know we do not have street addresses out here, only PO Boxes.

Newegg -The Ugly: It took three months for me to get a replacement video card for one that was DOA.

18. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    The very few problems with products I've had, newegg service has only been beat by Logitech for me :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    lol i remember that..:laugh: i have only had one bad experience with them, the rest have been great. I've spent over $3,000 with them.

20. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I think I've dumped well over 10,000$ to them counting me and my dad. He's got a watercooled i7 940 rig and I've had so much stuff too :laugh:

21. denice25 New Member

Thanks Received:
    new egg is cool...........hahaha!!

22. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Logitech doesn't even have a toll free number!!

23. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Newegg use to ship quick. I live about 30 mins from them. It use to take 1 business day. It now takes 3-4 business days to get to me.

Don't know if they moved or the items ships from a different location now?

24. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    I can't think of the last time I bought new parts that didn't come from Newegg. Great prices, and GREAT customer service. Never had a problem, even with RMAs.

25. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    They have at least three warehouses (Tennessee, New Jersey, and California). If it comes from a warehouse not close to you, it will take longer for it arrive. Not all warehouses carry all goods. For instance, I think only Tennessee carries the big stuff (cases, 5.1 surround sound speakers, TVs, etc.). Those three warehouses have been there since 2004 for sure. They may have added more recently.

Crunching for Team TPU