• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GeCube x1950xt x AGP voltages question..

Hi, I buyed an AGP based Gecube x1950xt -x series some weeks ago, here you got a link : http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=9&prod_cat_id=166&prod_id=65116
Of course, 10 minutes after installing it i was trying to overlock it :p
But, while I was able to change Vcore, I couldn't find anything related to raise other voltages, like MVDDC, MVDDQ
or VCDDI.
Doesn't this card have such "software-moddable" voltage regulators (I'll need to do soldering mods then... hehe), or I just dind't find the right way?:confused:
Thanks

System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Motherboard asrock o/c formula
Cooling coolermaster 212 i think
Memory 12 gb g-skill rip jaws
Video Card(s) xfx 7970 3gb
Storage 3 ssd's sp s60 - samsung 850 pro - intel 320 - 1hdd 1tb wd green
Display(s) 24 in asus 1920 x 1080
Case corsair carbide 760t graphite
Audio Device(s) creative soundblaster x-fi titanium fatality
Power Supply 650 watt antec
Mouse razer deathadder chroma
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
hey u figure anything out on that card .. i have the same card but been having alota

problems lately

when i first bought it i ran like crap i took the cooler off and tightend all the screws and

threw it back together and ran sweet overclocked well without any volt mods or anything

then i went and messed with it again now im crashing like crazy juss sitting on the net

surfing these pages lookin for answers i crash says temp is 43 but seems to crash under

load like its getting hot.. so im gunna pull the cooler and change the theral paste

ohh and a question do u kno how to mod the bios so my fan speed are at 100% by 55c

thanx for any help

hey u figure anything out on that card .. i have the same card but been having alota

problems lately

when i first bought it i ran like crap i took the cooler off and tightend all the screws and

threw it back together and ran sweet overclocked well without any volt mods or anything

then i went and messed with it again now im crashing like crazy juss sitting on the net

surfing these pages lookin for answers i crash says temp is 43 but seems to crash under

load like its getting hot.. so im gunna pull the cooler and change the theral paste

ohh and a question do u kno how to mod the bios so my fan speed are at 100% by 55c

thanx for any help

I haven't any crashes, unless I put too high clocks.Running 660/846 at 1,2V, Need to buy a more powerful power suply, because at more Vcore the PC crashes or powers down..that's what you got with a 410w PS xD.
For the temp problems, I removed the heatsink, cleaned the thermal compound an replaced with artic silver 5 (99% silver :D).Also put some isolation tape in the back of the board where the cooper part tightens the core with the heatsink.Now the temp rises pretty slower, but in the end still reaches 80ºC, my computer case has got some fans to get rid of the hot air, i dont want to know what temp would it get without the fans :wtf:
If you want to tweak the bios fan settings, that's easy with RaBiT 2.2.1, I have tweaked the bios myself and attached here, nothing else touched, just this fan settings:
0-49ºC ->fan at 41%
49-54 ->fan at 73%
over 55 ->fan at 100%
Atached image to confirm this ;)
To flash the bios, you have to download AtiFlash (i tried atiflash v3.43 without problems), and make a MS-DOS boot disk.
then copy the files atiflash.exe, atiflash.chg,
Unzip the bios.I recommend you to rename it to just "bios.bin" for making easier typing when flashing.copy bios.bin to the disk too.
Now, restart your pc with the disk inside, ensure that you've got the correct settings in the computer bios to boot from the floppy.
When the floppy booted, you should be in command prompt, "A:\>"
Now type: atiflash -p 0 bios.bin
and press enter
"-p 0" -->> that's a "zero" not an "o"!!
a few seconds later you'll see that you're again in the command prompt, and the program left a message like "1000h of 1000h bytes verified" i think, don't remeber exactly the message now because I flashed over 2 weeks ago.
Now, just restart your pc and you'll get that fan settings now.
If you want to restore it to the originals, tell me and I'll attach the original bios

My personal mod is 100% at 70ºC, its noisy when it gets to 100%, but i'll try to put it at 100% always and see the temp differences.

I hope that this will be helpful :toast:

Attachments

• GeCube.X1950XTX.256.070209-fans modded.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 305
  • rabit.jpg
    rabit.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 494
Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
be fore warned this card is hot as hell i got a zalman zf-9 on mine and it still peaks around 80 in crysis , of course i don't have the best case for ventilation either

System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
my card runs in the mid 30s c idle mid to high 50s load only had a problem when i first got the card then added my own fan and then decided to remove it then i started having problems buti tested with another video card and im getting the same thing so i disconected everything removed ram and still the same....so i swapped mobos and its fine i think something happend to my mobo cuz i was being stupid and threw this geforce mx420 in with the power cord still connected and my computer turned on while doing that thats what happens when u get lazy and dont wanna disconect all ur wires lol andyway shes up and runnning now with this crappy mobo even though my other wasnt much better but i was able to connect my raid 0 and also still haveing problems with these hdds not wanting to show in my bios i finaly got this one to connect but only at dma2 well anway thanx for the bios im gunna flash in a min and hopefully all goes well i can bearly tell when these fans are on 100% i used tray tools to turn them up and they are still quiet maybe if im lucky enuff ill mess this up some how ohhand i did use that rabbit befor to mod the bios but didnt seem like it worked but whatever hopefuly urs does thanx for the help

Last edited:
System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
ohh and now my ccc doesnt display my clocks juss temps hmmm gunna do bios bow and see what happens grrrr

what do you mean, that after flashing your ccc no longer shows clocks?I didn't check for that, CCC is awful for overclocking... no problems with ati tray tools ;)

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
anyone else using these cards?

what kind of performance you get?

is the card stable?

how well does it oc?

just some curios question as im wanting to order up one of these bad boys before theyre all gone.

:toast:

The memory chip is rated for 700MHz, althought i overclocked it to 846 mhz.
The core, actually goes up to 667 mhz for me, just a little overclock, dunno why but it overclocks the same at 1,5v and 1,2v.I think it may not be have a voltage controller, just a typical fixed voltage regulator.
No hang problems, just my computer sometimes shuts off because of my poor power supply (just 410W), i'm waiting for the new to arrive (680 w hehe).
I think the power supply may be doing something related to my poor overclock.I'll try it all again when i get my new PS ;)

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
hmm sounds like a good card i never tough there was a xT version for agp
or is it xtx?

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
hmm sounds like a good card i never tough there was a xT version for agp
or is it xtx?

sounds/looks good

would like to hear more from the people using them

it is XT model no xTx

System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
im useing the gecube x1950xt Xseries agp with 256 mb gddr3...668/765 core/mem havent tried to go any higher yet since i keep getting the restart i think its my power supply cuz when i try to play a game i hear the fans in the power supply get slow like a loss of power and i can smell it getting hot that burning smell so i dont really wanna push it anyfurther till i get the money to buy a better psu the card works great not many problems till lately still in the process of figuring it all out also my cpu blos so i couldnt tell u exactly how good the card is i really need a new cpu only runining a athlon64 3200+ and its garbage .....and with the ccc i had flashed my bios befor u gave me the other bios and i think it was after or maybe after i installed ccc ver.7.10 now my ccc doesnt allow me to overclock my card anymore juss shows me temp and for core it shows 0000 and for mem 0000 i have to use ati tray i dunno what my problem is i think im gunna do a fresh install of vista x64 and work from there i had it installed whith my othet mobo but thats on the raid and now i cant use it cuz that board is shot somehow turns on and as soon as i do something it restarts which wasnt happening untill like 2 days ago anyway im gunna see if i can scroung up some change to get a new psu then try the other board again and do some more o/cing

System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
dabyd64 and who ever else has the x1950 xtx feel ur heatsink not the base the part with the fins and fans they are 2 seprate peices tell me if ur left side gets hot and the right side stays cool im juss trying to figure out something

About the heatsink, is the worst thing I have ever seen...one fan cools the GPU and the other cools the TEC.
The TEC gets very hot, in idle it may be over 70ºC, and do you know where all that hot air goes?Just it blows it over the PCB and all the memorys...:banghead:
I'm going to buy the artic cooling accelero x2 or something..less heat,more OC, less noise..less power (note that the TEC likes POWER a lot... i'd say that almost it eats 30 watts, and most of it is converted into heat...so...really..not a good cooling solution:shadedshu)
I suppose that Gecube guys wanted to do a good card, but maybe they didn't test properly that awful heatsink..

System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
What exactly is the tec ??? this is where im loast can i disconect the plug for the tec i mean i have and didnt notice anything different but its now back in...well thats why i was asking if one side was hotter and i guess thats why i have taken the heatsink apart and seen it but dint kno what it was and i notices it was getting really hot on the one side so i took my own fan removed the fan that was originaly there and placed it so it pulled aire insted of blowing on the fins it was alot cooler that way but i have now messed that fan up so im back to the stock config untill i find another fan to use i wanna pull the tec out and put something inbetween this cooler so the heat is distributed from the gpu throught the whole cooler :) only if i knew what the tec was i havent done much searching but hopefully someone here knos.....

ohh and the problems i was having with my other mobo are now solved this video card was killing my psu i smelt that plastic burning smell while benching with ati try with the card clocked 680/765 and all the fans in my computer would slow down and the connector in my psu was burning up after smelling around to see what was burning lol i thought it was the card at first but put my nose next t psu and bam so i pulled it spart cleaned it and cut the wire where it was burning and solderd it direct to the psu board and comp is back to running mint again....

so if u have problems wit this card defenatly ur psu very power huingry

Processor E4400@2.67GHz
Motherboard Asrock 4Core Dual-vsta bios L2.00B
Cooling Zalman 9700NT
Memory 2GB G.Skill HZ Black
Video Card(s) X1950XT-X AGP8x 722/855
Storage Assay® GB
Display(s) NEC MultiSync 20WGX2
Case Thermaltake Aguila w
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2ZS
Power Supply OCZ Modstream 520W
anyone else using these cards?

what kind of performance you get?

is the card stable?

how well does it oc?

just some curios question as im wanting to order up one of these bad boys before theyre all gone.

Hi ! This is my best stable oc with vgpu default of 1.45V and tidewater cooling :

The TEC is a thermoelectrical device that can transfer the heat, It has one side cool and one hot, put the cool side over the GPU and the hot side on a heatsink..but this tec has just a little power, over 15 watts, and the r580+ chip dissipates a lot more..so I think that's something useless..the tec's cooler has to get rid of the heat absorved and the heat made by the tec itself.so..I don't know exactly but I read that the power absortion is the 40% of the tec ratered power..so the heatsink needs to dissipate 15+7,5= 22,5watts. maybe litle more (27w?)
I'll buy a Tide Water soon, I have been looking prices a few to compare..just 60euro at ebay, shipping included! but i want a tide water PLUS to cool my mobo chipset too..still looking for prices ;)

Giux-900 that's a pretty good OC! I hope I can defeat you when I get my tide water..hehehe:p

System_Crash82

X1950XTx Agp Card

Hi
I hope someone can help me because I have tried everthing I know to sort this problem out.

My problem is this, I bought a Gecube X1950XTx AGP Card and I installed it into my pc I had to buy a new power supply because my old one was not good enuff so I got a Aopen 450
with 18 Amps per rail but when I install windows Xp and the Motherboard drivers it looks like it is lagging and as soon as I instaal the card drivers the PC wont swich on, the fans turn the hard driver reads but nothing on the screen I have tried several Drivers but not one makes a diffrence.

can someone help me please!!

PC Specs:
320 Hard drive Sata
3800+ Amd CPU with a coolermaster oversized heatsink and fan
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 Motherboard
1gig Ram ddr 400
Lead tech XP2000 pro tv tuner
Genius 5.1 sound card

Last edited:
System Name formula
Processor intel 4770k
Keyboard logitech g910
Software windows 10 pro
what kinda mother board are you useing and what drivers did you install for your card the 7.10 ? ive had some probles with them try the 7.8 driver and the driver also should have nothing to do with no boot to bios... does your motherboard have onboard video ??? if so disable it in bios...i have a 500 watt psu i still recommend it to be a lil stronger as u probably have cd-roms and hard drives fans and whatever else ..maybe u can try running your system with minimal parts disconnect all hdds and cd/dvd-rom drives and all fans besides the ones on the card ..so u will just be running ur videocard and cpu fans ....also reset ur bios back to its stock settings with no over clocks juss to get al the basic stuff out of your way let us know what happens and a lil more info on ur system setup ty

Haz197

So... I have just bought this card and am trying to overclock it.

AT doesnt have a vcore setting and ATTs vcore setting doesnt seem to work ??

Has anyone figured out how to give the core more voltage?

I'm stuck at 715 / 855 :(

System_Crash82

I have tried all the normals stuff like unpluging everthing and so and I got it to come on but this the problem now, I can watch movies and all the normal stuff but as soon as I try to play games (any game) for about a half an hour the pc just shutdown and restarts could it be my powersuply is to weak or what.

O and the only why I c\got my pc to start was to take out my tv tuner dont no why because I have tried it in a nother machine and it works fine so if anyone has advise please help me :cry:

PC Specs:
320 Hard drive Sata
3800+ Amd CPU with a coolermaster oversized heatsink and fan
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 Motherboard
1gig Ram ddr 400
Gecube X1950XT X-series (AGP) with 7.10 Drivers loaded
Genius 5.1 sound card
450 Watt power supply with18 amp rails
LG DVD writer
and two 8cm fans

Last edited:

Haz197

I have tried all the normals stuff like unpluging everthing and so and I got it to come on but this the problem now, I can watch movies and all the normal stuff but as soon as I try to play games (any game) for about a half an hour the pc just shutdown and restarts could it be my powersuply is to weak or what.

I have the same card and had to upgrade to a 700w psu, everything else died trying to power that pelt......

Have you tried disconnecting the peltier ? mine worked fine on a 285w generic psu without the pelt !!

When you crash, does your pc restart or just die ?

this thread might prove useful (although you probably already read it)
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t274230.html

btw a 450w dual 18amp psu probably sux ass, go the whole hog adn get something bigger, and remember a 700w psu doesn't eat 700w per hour, only what you use, and if you get an 85% eficiency one you will save cash on you elecy bill 2 :)

p4p800 + northy @ 3.73
1.5gb generic pc3200 @ 440 2.5-3-3-7
Gecube X1950XT agp.

Last edited:

System_Crash82

I have the same card and had to upgrade to a 700w psu, everything else died trying to power that pelt......

Have you tried disconnecting the peltier ? mine worked fine on a 285w generic psu without the pelt !!

When you crash, does your pc restart or just die ?

this thread might prove useful (although you probably already read it)
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t274230.html

btw a 450w dual 18amp psu probably sux ass, go the whole hog adn get something bigger, and remember a 700w psu doesn't eat 700w per hour, only what you use, and if you get an 85% eficiency one you will save cash on you elecy bill 2 :)

p4p800 + northy @ 3.73
1.5gb generic pc3200 @ 440 2.5-3-3-7
Gecube X1950XT agp.

My pc only restarts and the pelt is pluged out, only the card is plugin nothing else.
I have heard about a power supply booster ( if you can call it that) that is called the thermaltake express power supply that powers your Graphics card, do you think that will work better or must I just get a bigger power supply?
Do you think that if I put in a second power supply that only runs my GPU it might be more stable because I read it in the link that you can jump start a power supply and I have a 400 watt with 18 amp rails laying at home not been used do you think it is a good idea?

Last edited: