• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting slow NVME write speeds

Processor AMD Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG X570 Godlike (BIOS 1.D1 & AMD Drivers 2.13.27.501)
Cooling Corsair H115i Platinum (Push/Pull x4 Noctua NF-A14)
Memory 32GB Patriot Memory Viper Steel Series DDR4 @ 3600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 (BIOS stock)
Storage Western Digital SN850 1TB @ OS
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
Case GameMax Predator Full-Tower (Push/Pull x6 Noctua NF-A12)
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX II
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (550w peak pull)
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan TKL
Software Windows 10 Pro (20H2)
got the 3B2QGXA7 firmware today, and it fixed this issue... we'll see how long it lasts...

Interesting. Was your NVME permanently in your system, and writing at far under 5000mb/s before the firmware went on?

Interesting. Was your NVME permanently in your system, and writing at far under 5000mb/s before the firmware went on?
Yes, I installed it last summer. Problem started appearing in December of last year, as seen in the following screenshot. Likewise, you can also see from my CrystalDiskMark screenshot above, and the benchmark I just ran in Samsung Magician, that the write speed has drastically improved.

spykeer

I finally get the update.

Need to Open/Close Magician multiple times to get the Update on it.

Last Magician Software update on middle of march, implemented the "Full Power Mode" function, and i left enabled it (Which makes my 980 Pro hotter, without performance gain)
But the firmware update won't works with it, every time i get an error on updating firmware.
I disabled the Full Power Mode function, restart, and after a reboot, i finally get the update working.

Now i'm on the 3B2QGXA7 Firmware and my Speed is finally correct, hope, it will stay like that!

1620120024536.png