1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to Block Gaming sites

Discussion in 'Games' started by harroldcraft, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I'll buy that. I also appreciate how you said "violent media" because games are often unfairly singled out. True, games are interactive and you are the one pulling the trigger etc but movies with live actors can seem much more "real".

Harold you could also uninstall the GPU drivers so they cant run anything 3D. And/or Flash. Still should be able to do native res in 2D. Not really the best solution but another layer of "protection".

2. Fizban

Thanks Received:
    Surprised?

Nah, back when I was in high school (about 10 years ago) my mother had a setup where to access to various websites were blocked, and to access them she had to come and enter her password for it to give me access. It was also setup to limit my daily usage and only allow me to use the internet during specified times of day.

I quickly outsmarted her by finding a website that was blocked, but which I knew she would approve, and then running a keylogger while asking her to come and let me access the site in question.

Afterwards I just logged on as her from then on as I had her password.

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    :eek: For kids..... Really, They'll bypass that in weeks... I'd only use that against elderly to prevent them downloading viruses or giving themselves heart attacks on the internet. Microsoft stuff is free for a reason... rather basic and prone to manipulation

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Can this not be done though parental controls ?( if he's on vista \ win 7 ).