• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
No, just the one. But it's brand new. Hmm..

Are you sure the hypersli is properly installed?
It looks all fine but without the hypersli support.....
The Sli bridge doesn't matter, the sli works also without it.

gardobus

As far as I can tell it installed fine (both times lol). It didn't give me any errors and I'm booting into the HyperSLI option. The control panel starts up in the corner too.

elperromoco

As far as I can tell it installed fine (both times lol). It didn't give me any errors and I'm booting into the HyperSLI option. The control panel starts up in the corner too.

its got to be the chipset u got!
the problem its that u dont get error screens ro something like that
why dont you try with the old sly patch?
it may work for you

xxriznoxx

System Name Equalizer 6000
Processor 15 760
Motherboard Gigabyte H55M-S2H
Cooling CoolerMaster hyper 101
Memory g.skill Sniper 2x4gb 1.3mhz
Video Card(s) Palet Gtx 460 Sonic platinum
Storage not sure which brand but its 1tb sata
Case Antec 1200 rough texture
Power Supply ThermalTake 750w modular
Software Window 7 ultimate x64
Hey guys im new to the forums, and though this was a really good thread.
I have a gigabyte h55m-s2h motherboard with i5 760, and was wondering
If this would work with it? Im buying an additional gtx 460 next month and
Wanted to sli them both, but my motherboard only supports xfire, so please
help me out here lol.

Danny!

Do these help? The only difference I see is core clock and Video BIOS version. Both are 16x.

I used ForceWare Coolbits 2.0 to enable my my different GPU's with different clock speeds and ram. Ram is cut down to the smallest one eg. I have a 1gb and a 512mb card but only 512mb will be available on the 1gb card. I've had no problems with different clock speeds.

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
Hi Anatolymic i tryed new hypersli 0.8 but doesn't work for my p5e64ws mobo...i'm back with the modified hypersli 0.7 for p5e64 ws evo (sli wasnt showed in the nvidia cp and same for gpuz)
PS: 2 GTX 295 quadsli test soon :rockout:

Gpuz never showed me sli enable...the same happend with 0.7 p5e64 ws evo version but the sli is active at 100%

Last edited:

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
yeah my sli working good,i have 65% of bettere fps-score in the games and in the benchmark :laugh:

Dunno why gpu-z and aida64 told me that i don't have sli :)

Now i'm back with hypersli 0.7 p5e64 ws evo version and newest 301.42 nvidia drivers...sli works good and vga scale well...

With Hypersli 0.8 i cannot enable sli.

Last edited:
By the way. Is somebody getting BSOD with SLI disabled under HyperSLI 0.8 with newest drivers?

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
did you use public hypersli 0.7? didnt i make special one for you?

Yep i'm useing the ''special hypersli''.
Hypersli 0.8 doesn't work (same driver same OS).

mz2926

hi,,,i new here...just found this forum...
i try used hypersli to my p55a-ud3p mobo that only support crosx..all went well but i cant get sli option in nvidia cp...anyone can help me???tq..

Mordecai Walfish

)= I just wanted to say I will no longer be using HyperSLI because I finally upgraded to a single EVGA GTX480 (for $209 on Newegg right now!!)...

..but, you're not gonna get rid of me that easy =) I'm still going to get active updates from this thread to help out other users when I can, because this program saved my butt for a long time.

Thanks Anatolymik for making PC gaming better for me these past couple years!! Amazing the performance gains I got with a 2nd 8800GT on this "crossfire-only" board ^_^ I look forward to assisting people in overcoming this limitation on their own PC's too, as I'm sure I'll come across plenty that can use this, with all the builds and repairs I do.

-Mordecai

1nsidiouz

HI all im new to this forum and need some help ,I have a Asus p5k (Green) mobo with 4gb ram ,just recently bought 2 Asus gtx560ti top 1gb With Nvidia driver 301.42 and my mobo supports only Xfire,i installed hypersli 0.8 and got to enable sli without problem,My problem is that the performance of the cards is not what i was expecting,FOr instance bf3 no matter what setting i have on low high or ultra with or without MSAA or vsync off or on i get constant screen flickering,recently tried it out with guild wars 2 beta weekend and got really low fps and some random flickering.max payne 3 was running good but had really low fps at some times .So my question is how can i improve the performance of these cards so get a a decent fps,and foremostly how the heck do i get rid of the flickering on bf3 ,is really annoying and is one of the game that i play the most and cant run it on sli. If anyone can help i would greatly aprecciate it.

Last edited:

Mordecai Walfish

HI all im new to this forum and need some help ,I have a Asus p5k (Green) mobo with 4gb ram ,just recently bought 2 Asus gtx560ti top 1gb With Nvidia driver 301.42 and my mobo supports only Xfire,i installed hypersli 0.8 and got to enable sli without problem,My problem is that the performance of the cards is not what i was expecting,FOr instance bf3 no matter what setting i have on low high or ultra with or without MSAA or vsync off or on i get constant screen flickering,recently tried it out with guild wars 2 beta weekend and got really low fps and some random flickering.max payne 3 was running good but had really low fps at some times .So my question is how can i improve the performance of these cards so get a a decent fps,and foremostly how the heck do i get rid of the flickering on bf3 ,is really annoying and is one of the game that i play the most and cant run it on sli. If anyone can help i would greatly aprecciate it.

Never had that issue with BF3 and the flickering with SLI. I would recommend checking on the Battlefield forums to see if you can identify any solutions to the problem. Also just to test things and make sure theyre running right, try benchmarking a game with a single card and then with SLI enabled. That will give you an idea of your performance gains, just don't expect miracles, as a 40-80% boost is likely the maximum you will see in SLI anyways.

1nsidiouz

Never had that issue with BF3 and the flickering with SLI. I would recommend checking on the Battlefield forums to see if you can identify any solutions to the problem. Also just to test things and make sure theyre running right, try benchmarking a game with a single card and then with SLI enabled. That will give you an idea of your performance gains, just don't expect miracles, as a 40-80% boost is likely the maximum you will see in SLI anyways.
Well i will check bf3 forums see what i find,but had such high hopes for sli mode since i got the cards for 300 euros combined,and they are working good individually just not together.:nutkick:

Mordecai Walfish

Well i will check bf3 forums see what i find,but had such high hopes for sli mode since i got the cards for 300 euros combined,and they are working good individually just not together.:nutkick:

You may get things worked out, dont lose hope ^_^.

I would recommend uninstalling HyperSLI, uninstalling with a clean sweep of your current drivers, then installing the old ~296 series nvidia drivers (whatever the WHQL ones were around that time, I think 296.10) and trying to get your cards working with HyperSLI 0.7, just to see if you get better performance with the older driver/HyperSLI set.

I strongly recommend you just run a quick in-game benchmark a couple times in single and SLI mode first with your current setup, and then do the same with the older drivers.

You can learn alot from those numbers, whether it be the built in test for arkham asylum, GTA4, whatever..

good luck =)

1nsidiouz

Well i did as u mentioned and uninstalled everything,and reinstalled hypersli 0.7 with nvidia driver 296.10,the flickering is gone thnx god,now i have another problem no matter what setting i put bf3 low high or ultra it just eats up my gpu usage all the way to 99% and my game just freezes and closes.On the other hand i tried unigine with non-sli at extreme settings got 515 and sli mode got 962.that almost the double of performance ,so sli is working as intended improving the performance,its just bf3 thats being a royal pain in the ass,idk if its because of my 4gb ram or my low end mobo is bottlenecking the gpu usage but damn annoying,So much that if i dont fix this problem by the next weeks im just gonna sell both cards and just go for a single Asus Gtx 680 OC.

Mordecai Walfish

I have personally never SLI'd 560's but I have heard of good success doing so.

I guess BF3 was giving you some kind of driver complication, and BF3 can be a tricky bastard to get running properly.. you may want to adjust some of the in-game settings or post on the forums on Battlelog with your current issues and see if you can get some help.

All else fails.. Newegg has GTX480's for $209 and GTX670's for $420. (Hint: go with the 480, if its still on sale.. it even beats the 670 in many benchmarks still.. the only area where the 670 does better than the 480 is the texel fill rate, and less power/heat/noise.)

Biggsy

System Name BigRIg
Processor Phenom II 1090t @ 4.0ghz @ 1.4v
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair iv @ 3Ghz NB and 2.5Ghz HT
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 570SC (using sli patch)
Storage 2X 500GB
Display(s) BenQ 120hz
Case HAF-X
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy
Power Supply hx750w (how has it not blown up yet? :S)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hi 1nsidiouz, I was having problems running bf3 properly - I had to upgrade from 4gb to 8gb to run on ultra, as soon as I did that it runs as smooth as butter!

1nsidiouz

Hi 1nsidiouz, I was having problems running bf3 properly - I had to upgrade from 4gb to 8gb to run on ultra, as soon as I did that it runs as smooth as butter!

thnx for the tip biggsy,i manage to get it working without freezes and flickering,i just run the game on medium with driver 296.10 and i run good with fps around 40-50.I give a more ram a try as soon as i save up some money.