• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Input lag is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name I'm done with you input lag
Processor Intel I7-9700kf 3.6ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360L
Memory Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum (4 x 4)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Storage SSD M.2 Western Digital Black 200gb Pcle + Samsung HD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T27A550
Case Macube 310
Audio Device(s) Hyperx Cloud II (Normal version)
Power Supply Corsair RM 850w
Mouse Hyperx Pulsefire Core
Keyboard Hyperx Alloy Core
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
ive had this problem for as long as i can remember... tried just about every "fix" there is on the internet, most of which work for a short period of time, just to revert back to the lag. ive discovered over the 100 or so "fixes" that its most likely an issue with the game itself. If i play on a new account, the game runs 100x better, hit reg issues are gone, that lag you describe is gone, the game suddenly becomes playable and other players dont seem so inhuman with their response times and aim. its short lived however, if i keep playing on that account, the lag comes back eventually.. ive never been able to isolate what it is that causes so ive come to the conclusion that its done purposely in csgo, much like COD, to give newer players and advantage over older players.. call it leveling the playing field. there's got to be a way through it though, some people never have issues, and pro's don't either. not any more at least... there was a brief period of time when the game came out they were all complaining about it, then for some reason, they just stopped. my guess is valve either flipped a switch on their end, or told them how to set up the game properly. *shrugs, ive given up hope on this subject, many people call it "placebo", and say to just "get good", its 100% not placebo... for some reason the only actual provable thing that's 100% consistent, is when this is happening, i obviously have an extremely difficult killing anyone, but any demo i record is corrupted and wont play back, at all. it only happens to demos i record when the lag is happening, any other time it works great.

PC SPECS:
i9-7940x
2080ti
32gb 4000 ddr4 ram
m2 SSD
asus aorus gaming pro 7 mobo
benq 240hz 1ms monitor

anyone with any fixes or ideas... pls tell
What is your power supply? Please fill your system specs information to make easier for us

System Name WIN 10 PRO
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 3.6 GHz
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Coole
Memory Ballistix DDR4 16GB 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Cerberus Advanced 4GB
Storage samsung evo 860 500gb
Display(s) Benq XL 2411 z 144 Hz
Case Deepcoooler
Audio Device(s) Hyperx
Power Supply HP 500 Watt
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Keyboard mechanical Mars Gaming
Software win 10
guys i think i solved my issue!! i'm playing now since 72h wihtout mouse delay!! let's see if it's really helpful. try to do this steps please, it's may related to the USB 3.0 cable plugged to the mainboard (maybe interference issues) here are the steps:

bbacks26 said:
YES I DID FIX THE STUTTERING !!!FINALLY!! I feel terrible for not updating this thread, my apologies. What I did that removed all stuttering was a combination of things so bare with me here: a fresh install of windows, unplugged the USB 3.0 cable from my motherboard, set my XMP profile to on and chose the "XMP 2" option in ASUS bios, changed my fps limit on my 165hz monitor from 162 to 163 in Nvidia control panel under "Max Framerate" (this seemed to be a more stable limit for some bizarre reason), completely uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner as these introduced stuttering for me, Turned ON GPU Scheduling in Windows settings, turned on high performance power mode, turned off xbox game mode/dvr, and I also disabled all background apps in settings. The difference is night and day. Been dealing with stuttering for 4 months on my new 2k dollar pc and I can FINALLY enjoy it! There is literally 0 stutter now. PLEASE, if my situation is similar to yours, try out these steps. I suggest trying some of the less extreme stuff first (setting fps limit to 163, turning on XMP 2) before going ahead with a fresh windows install. The smaller things might actually be the issue. Please lmk if they helped you!

let me know if the problem is solved. Greats

Murilo silvaaaaa

‎Lkzz, did I see that you and Brazilian got the bro? to dying with this i've done everything to almost selling my pc if you tidy warns please i'll be giving f5 here every 1 hour please help me‎

Last edited by a moderator:

Murilo silvaaaaa

this input lag is killing me, when i turn on the pc i get 30minutes normal then i get a lot of input lag if someone resolves, please let me know

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
this input lag is killing me, when i turn on the pc i get 30minutes normal then i get a lot of input lag if someone resolves, please let me know
We're going to need a lot more information than that to figure out anything at all. First off, what does "input lag" mean in your case? Does it mean that it takes longer from when you press a key/move your mouse to something happening on-screen? If so, can you share some video, preferably of good and bad cases? If that's not what you're describing, then it's not input lag but something else. Sounds to me like the system might be slowly overheating and thermal throttling, or a hundred other things.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
mouse heavy
We're going to need a lot more information
Please describe what you are experiencing. In detail. Including which applications it happens in (or if it's everywhere, including the OS?). Also, full system specs, software running, relevant hardware info (temperatures, clock speeds in-game, etc). Without that, it's literally impossible for us to diagnose anything.

Murilo silvaaaaa

temperature is normal when I turn on the pc for the first 30 minutes and without input lag, but then it gets too much input lag mouse gets heavy, I play fortnite

I upgraded my motherboard's chipset a little more improved with a lot of input lag

Case Macube 310
‎Lkzz, did I see that you and Brazilian got the bro? to dying with this i've done everything to almost selling my pc if you tidy warns please i'll be giving f5 here every 1 hour please help me‎
‎I arranged yes bro, it was power problem, my board had two power inputs, but I was using only one achand that would not need 2, so I just put the two cables and a month ago I have no input lag, blue screen and no problem of the genre. In your case it could be the temperature, lower something like MSI Afterburner and checks the temperature before and with input lag‎

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please use English when posting... if you need to, use google, bing, or one of the other translators online.

Thank You and Have a Good Day

Case Macube 310
@Lkzz, what are the configs of your pc?‎
Intel I7-9700kf 3.6ghz | GTX 1080Ti | 16GB Ram

Try to use the things that we tested before, this thread has 11 pages, so something may help you, I don’t think seeling your PC is the best choice right now, especially in Brazil where some PC parts such as the video graphics card are really expensive. I know that you’re brazilian just like me, but we need to speak in English here. Try to read the other pages of this thread and see if something can help you, if not, you can try to call me on Twitter (@Lkzzfps) so I can try to help you, but if you can speak english, I’d recommend to send the details here so everybody can help you :)

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Valantar
there are gpus for ocing (like the GB Aorus) that have led for (incoming) power, sensing if it doesn't get enough and/or clean power,
and will basically light up.
So when i have an oced 2080S (with binned chip) going up to 2.1, running full load (~600-650w),
all on a 650w psu with 100w less than i really needed (for gpu oc), using just one cable (2 plugs),
and that doesnt trigger anything (on gpu power led), than i can say it will be fine for running a stock 1080ti.

HCI: proper ram test you can boot from dos (and not run under win os),
and wont show stable (oc) when its actually not (TM5/Memtest86/+ etc)
ram tester

@walker1989
sorry, but you didnt "fix" anything:
-ryzen baords are known to have issues with usb
-ryzen/amd is different on ram, so ram now comes with 2 profiles,. xmp being intel/oc, xmp2 for amd rigs that arent able to run xmp #1 (stable)
-in your case, max frame rate is the proper setting, so of course using anything different (prior), was probably part of the problem.
-high performance mode doesnt fix anything, will just increase power consumption and heat
(and as a little tip: you can set up gaming rigs using balanced and even power savings mode, without stutter while gaming,)

you will probably be better off to dl the latest win release/drivers and do a clean install.
not seen a single pc where turning on gpu scheduling removed stutter that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.
its to improve stuff, not to fix issues.

Last edited:
Case Macube 310
@Valantar

there are gpus (like the GB Aorus) that have led for (incoming) power, sensing if it doesn't get enough/clean power,
and will basically light up, when something is up.
So when i have a oced 2080S (with binned chip) going up to 2.1, running full load (~600-650w), on a psu with 100w less than i really needed (for gpu oc), using just one cable (2 plugs),
and that doesnt trigger anything (gpu power), than i can say it will be fine for running a stock 1080ti.

HCI: proper ram test you can boot from dos (and not run under win os),
and wont show stable (oc) when its actually not (TM5/Memtest86/+ etc)
ram tester
bro, why are u answering this 3 months later? Also the problem is solved, I don't know if there's anyway to close this :)

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
and?
i answer, when ppl have questions, might even help some random person reading posts..
didnt even post my answer with your name in, not sure why you even bother..

Status
Not open for further replies.