• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core i9-9900KS

I wonder a little bit that when you give a thumbs down, why this processor then doesn't get a thumbs down to switch from 3 year warranty to 1 year. ??.
It does. It has been discussed a lot.

It's a binned, limited CPU. Intel offers a very short warranty period, because they like can't secure the usual inventory.
It's a bummer, but Intel is entitled to do so. To be honest, 3 years is a lot.

Keep in mind that if you buy a whole PC (from OEM or SI), it may be covered by a longer warranty anyway and it includes the CPU.
And if you buy in EU, you get the 2-year legal warranty as well.

whazzup

Created an account specifically to say THANK YOU!

And please continue to post benchmarks for software development for future processors. Yes, show some love for visual studio. Not everyone does graphics and simulation programming....It's infuriating how hard it is to find benchmarks that answer the simple question of 'how much faster can my code compile with XXX processor'.

Would love to see how AMD's 3950X - 3970X stack up against the 9900KS

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Core i7-4790K
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 7
Created an account specifically to say THANK YOU!

And please continue to post benchmarks for software development for future processors. Yes, show some love for visual studio. Not everyone does graphics and simulation programming....It's infuriating how hard it is to find benchmarks that answer the simple question of 'how much faster can my code compile with XXX processor'.

Would love to see how AMD's 3950X - 3970X stack up against the 9900KS
Thanks for the positive feedback. Unfortunately AMD decided they "don't have enough samples" of these CPUs