• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
If what was in bold is what the thread was about, why does the first post not mention it at all???

Seemed to me it was overall about stability and nkt a particular port or cable...at least out of the gate...

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Because at that point I thought it was more likely the SSD so focused on that as the starting point, that's all. When it wasn't I widened the search. I always suspected it could be any of those three things though even though I didn't explicitly mention it.

Fair enough... just don't admonish others for saying the thread was about one thing when by title and context it wasn't. The thread changed course, because you led it there. It did not start out that way. And those that were trying to help were focusing on things that really could be the issue and not following the spitballing. :)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
Fair enough... just don't admonish others for saying the thread was about one thing when by title and context it wasn't. The thread changed course, because you led it there. It did not start out that way. And those that were trying to help were focusing on things that really could be the issue and not following the spitballing. :)
Ok, I'll grudgingly agree with you. <qubit goes to sulk quantumly in the corner> :p

And yeah, troubleshooting in general can veer off in any direction lol, which also happened here and happens in my IT job all the time. It's the nature of the beast. :)

btw, my PC has been solid since moving to the Intel 6G port and I've deliberately rebooted it a few times. It's not been long enough to tell conclusively, but it's looking good.

Last edited:
btw, my PC has been solid since moving to the Intel 6G port and I've deliberately rebooted it a few times. It's not been long enough to tell conclusively, but it's looking good.
That is good news. I'm glad its stable for you. :)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
That is good news. I'm glad its stable for you. :)
Still running sweet after more than a week. Not a single bsod and I've rebooted it more than I had to to check for it as well. I think we nailed it. :cool: