• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro Exodus and no achievements on EPIC games store.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I don’t think a lot sold on Steam, since that was all pre-order. Numbers of reviews is usually very representative in knowing how well a game sold, even if we don’t know the ratio. Last month there were only 4,000 or so reviews on Exodus on Steam, so it implies preorder numbers were slight.

A handful of games have ever sold over 10 million on PC, much less the 41 million you seem to feel it should be capable of. That’s not a very fair assessment at all.

THQ also wasn’t very happy with the move that Deep Silver made to EGS, and forbade them making independent moves like that again. My guess is they are eager for the one year exclusivity agreement to be gone.

Each to their own. Ive heard that the BIGGEST spike in sales since the EGS announcement was pre-orders on steam and EGS didnt get the same sort of 'crazy rush' for the game when they released it on their platform.

But then again, given how hyped up the game was, youd think for a platform that boasts about how many active users/players it has that it couldnt even sell at least 1million copies?? Let me guess all these 'active' users are just fortnight players.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Each to their own. Ive heard that the BIGGEST spike in sales since the EGS announcement was pre-orders on steam and EGS didnt get the same sort of 'crazy rush' for the game when they released it on their platform.

But then again, given how hyped up the game was, youd think for a platform that boasts about how many active users/players it has that it couldnt even sell at least 1million copies?? Let me guess all these 'active' users are just fortnight players.
Again, we don’t ACTUALLY know the sales figures. No one actually has any legitimate ones. It’s really not a case of to each his own, it’s just taking a step back and looking at the facts available, which are few. Many people though have taken special action about facts to the next level in the quest to try to make their case as they see it.

I personally know quite a few people that have the game., and everyone on here that has played it talks glowingly of it. That big spike, btw was only 24 hours. That’s a very small period of time. And it IS only what you heard.

The problem in your perspective is that no matter what the subject, be it politics or r movies or books or manufactured products or games, we rarely hear from satisfied people. Complainers tend to be vocal and thus always convey a perception of a greater percentage of numbers than they actually represent.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
EGS has already said that it sold 2.5x more than Metro: LL. THQ Said that it "exceeded expectations" but they havent really been singing it to the stars and back like most publishers would

Anyway... I read somewhere that there were 250k copies sold. Epic claims that 41million people use its platform. if only 250k people out of 41million bought the game then it sold rather badly hence they reaching out to Microsoft.

The most units sold were probably on steam when the publisher announced they would be pulling it from steam.
41 Million Epic platform users? Only when they dream. I don't trust Epics numbers because I've read somewhere that they count daily logins, where one individual would have multiple logins.

You are inferring a lot, when Epic is just as close-mouthed about sales numbers as Steam is.

Well, you are attributing the very vocal but small number of complainers as a majority. I would never make assumptions like that. Facts are needed to conclude that.
You mean a Smallnorous amount of complaints, enough to make front page PC Gaming news.
It's the fact that Epic wanted exclusivity for 1 year gives the sour taste to millions of people.

Taking the Gamers Choice AWAY and shoving it down the Arsis. That alone is enough to send a message we don't want Epic malware on our PC.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You mean a Smallnorous amount of complaints, enough to make front page PC Gaming news.
It's the fact that Epic wanted exclusivity for 1 year gives the sour taste to millions of people.

Taking the Gamers Choice AWAY and shoving it down the Arsis. That alone is enough to send a message we don't want Epic malware on our PC.

Come on, if Gaben has a wet fart in the morning its also front page PC gaming news, let's not act like this EGS exclusivity deal is setting the world on fire now because really, it doesn't. What constitutes as 'gaming news' is anything that is trending at the time, simply because when gamers don't game, they lurk around trying very hard not to do anything useful regardless :D

Average 'feeling' of the amount of internet rage is a pretty bad thing to go on if you want to relate it to actual sales numbers. Its a black box, the better half you read is lies and the other half is inflated enough to get an upvote on Reddit.

Also, gamer's 'choice' was never a thing, and no Steam wasn't all about gamer's choice either, the store exists to monopolize digital game distribution since it got big on a few Valve releases. They just have a different business model that suited their timing of getting to market, they had the advantage of doing something new at the time. Anyone who says 'for the gamers' should be shot in the face, they're just using marketing on you. Everything serves to make money, and if that can be sold as gamers' choice its bonus.

The only choices here are those you have as a consumer: buy now, buy later, or don't buy. That goes for every store and every product and EGS changed nothing about that.

Now if you don't mind Im gonna fire up one of the few dozen free games we got in the last few months out of GOG, Uplay, Origin and EGS. Who said we didn't benefit from competition? ;) And what platform is missing from that list? Oh yeah! Damn! I wonder why...

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
The only thing I get from Epic is the free games

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
I find achievements extremely useless and boring on Steam, but Uplay gives me rewards that real life money can not buy, in-game rewards I mean. So it makes doing achievements in Uplay much more satisfying, and it's usually pretty awesome rewards.

That should be illegal. And any non-opt in pop ups (achievements) should be illegal as well. If you pay for a game you shouldn't be forced to have pop ups. Still waiting for Steam to allow you to disable them. Only been over a decade. In some instances pirated copies are superior to Steam copies because of it. I don't remember which game it was, but I originally used a pirated version and then bought a Steam copy. Steam copy was outright inferior due to the constant pop ups.

Ubisoft is a sleazy company and they're designing games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey around paying for boosters to play the game as its meant to be played as well, so their achievement scheme doesn't amaze me. Between bastardizing many game series (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six ect.) and their bussiness practices they're making themselves the most disgusting gaming company around. At least EA has the decency to kill a game series off before running it through the mud.

Again, we don’t ACTUALLY know the sales figures.

The only thing we know is Exodus sold 2.5 times better on PC than Last Light, where as it only sold 1.5 times better on consoles. This can mean many things:

- Maybe LL was a poor seller on PC
- Maybe LL was a great seller on console
- Maybe Exodus was a poor seller on console
- Maybe Exodus was a great seller on PC

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Ubisoft is a sleazy company and they're designing games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey around paying for boosters to play the game as its meant to be played as well,
This is so absolutely, thoroughly and completely false. The game can be completely and successfully played and enjoyed without buying a damned thing. I’ve put in over 275 hours on the game, so actually speak from experience.

The only thing we know is Exodus sold 2.5 times better on PC than Last Light, where as it only sold 1.5 times better on consoles. This can mean many things:

- Maybe LL was a poor seller on PC
- Maybe LL was a great seller on console
- Maybe Exodus was a poor seller on console
- Maybe Exodus was a great seller on PC
I can completely agree with all this, because we basically don’t know anything. :laugh:

Metro Exodus will be coming to the Windows Store in 3 days for anyone that just won't buy it from the Epic Store there is now a second choice.
That's a worse choice, not better. (Thanks for the heads up though)

Seriously devs? Are you mocking us with this nonsense?

Allow me to spell it out for you;
GOG DOT COM

When you get on it you'll get my money, not until then..

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

And here I thought it was about choice. They doubled everyone's choices and the bitching continues....

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

GOG DOT COM

It's all a clusterfuck at this point.

A week from now Deep Silver might announce a GOG release. Who knows.

And here I thought it was about choice. They doubled everyone's choices and the bitching continues....
It's a crap choice and an effective slap in the face to the people who have been asking for a better choice to the Epic store. People have been asking for Steam and GOG releases, not the Windows store. Eff them and their lame-duck move. It's almost insulting.

It's all a clusterfuck at this point.
It's been that way since the exclusivity thing started.
A week from now Deep Silver might announce a GOG release. Who knows.
That would be excellent! Not holding my breath though.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
It's a crap choice and an effective slap in the face to the people who have been asking for a better choice to the Epic store. People have been asking for Steam and GOG releases, not the Windows store. Eff them and their lame-duck move. It's almost insulting.

It's been that way since the exclusivity thing started.

That would be excellent! Not holding my breath though.

So choice isn't good?

So choice isn't good?
Not when it's a crappy one. Might as well not have the extra choice at all. But that's just my opinion as I'm not a fan of the Microsoft store. Other people might like this option and I say more power to them if they like being spied on by Microsoft.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64

GOG DOT COM

You're more forgiving than I. I've already decided to pass on any game from any developer that is tied into an exclusivity deal, even after the deal ends and it moves to other places to purchase it from.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
You're more forgiving than I. I've already decided to pass on any game from any developer that is tied into an exclusivity deal, even after the deal ends and it moves to other places to purchase it from.
Well, it’s certainly your choice, but you’ll be missing out on what really is near the peak of single-player gaming. That’s rarified air up there.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Now having no more achievements on Epic store i have a sense of emptiness.
I'm the opposite: I feel a sense of freedom for games that don't have achievements. I can play until *I'm* satisfied.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Come on, if Gaben has a wet fart in the morning its also front page PC gaming news, let's not act like this EGS exclusivity deal is setting the world on fire now because really, it doesn't. What constitutes as 'gaming news' is anything that is trending at the time, simply because when gamers don't game, they lurk around trying very hard not to do anything useful regardless :D

Average 'feeling' of the amount of internet rage is a pretty bad thing to go on if you want to relate it to actual sales numbers. Its a black box, the better half you read is lies and the other half is inflated enough to get an upvote on Reddit.

Also, gamer's 'choice' was never a thing, and no Steam wasn't all about gamer's choice either, the store exists to monopolize digital game distribution since it got big on a few Valve releases. They just have a different business model that suited their timing of getting to market, they had the advantage of doing something new at the time. Anyone who says 'for the gamers' should be shot in the face, they're just using marketing on you. Everything serves to make money, and if that can be sold as gamers' choice its bonus.

The only choices here are those you have as a consumer: buy now, buy later, or don't buy. That goes for every store and every product and EGS changed nothing about that.

Now if you don't mind Im gonna fire up one of the few dozen free games we got in the last few months out of GOG, Uplay, Origin and EGS. Who said we didn't benefit from competition? ;) And what platform is missing from that list? Oh yeah! Damn! I wonder why...
Blame publisher Koch Media for the exclusivity BS deal. Anyhow that hurt overall Metro Exodus Sales. We don't need data to tell us basic facts.
Many people own the original Metro 2033 and Last Light, on Steam. And we are all waiting for Exodus once it's available on Steam, for a discount of course, seeing how it's going to be a 1 year old game.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Anyhow that hurt overall Metro Exodus Sales. We don't need data to tell us basic facts.
And you know this “fact” based on what fact? Hate is not a fact, it’s a feeling.

I feel you and understand your perspective. And you're right I am on the forgiving side, even though sometime it doesn't seem that way. I believe in giving people, and companies, a change to redeem themselves because change can and does happen.

For example, Nintendo. Their policy about monetization on Youtube was one of the most deplorable, greedy and anti-social moves they've ever made. After a sheer Mt. Everest of feedback, and bad press they changed their minds and their stance to be more agreeable with the public and their gaming audience. While that was going on I didn't by a single title from them, digital or physical, unless it was a used title. I know I wasn't alone in that stance. They changed and redeemed themselves in that area. Now, no worries. Boycotting works. Civilized public outrage works. So how does that apply here?

My choice not to reward the dev/publisher of Metro Exodus with money until they release the title in question on the platform I use is a tactic that can and has worked. It's already working as they'd opened it up for sale on the Windows store. Not a great choice at all, but it does show that they are willing to listen to their potential audience. Perhaps they can be made to realize that some of us do not compromise our principles and will not be enticed to.
Well, it’s certainly your choice, but you’ll be missing out on what really is near the peak of single-player gaming. That’s rarefied air up there.
That was a bit passive aggressive. While it was a valid point, everyone has the right to stand their ground and some people have different levels of commitment to their personal principles.

And you know this “fact” based on what fact?
Because of the public outrage and the overwhelming theme of comments on the web stating they are not buying or using the Epic store because of this? In this case bad-press is actually bad.
Hate is not a fact, it’s a feeling.
I didn't sense any hate in his comment. Please don't over-react.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
That was a bit passive aggressive. While it was a valid point, everyone has the right to stand their ground and some people have different levels of commitment to their personal principles.

After playing the game, I would potentially sell my soul if I could not get it any other way. Second favorite game besides TW3. Game is absolutely fantastic. Ending pissed me off but it really makes you feel human.

Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
I remember going 50 miles for a game and people holler now if you've gotta double click something different. :wtf:

I remember going 50 miles for a game and people holler now if you've gotta double click something different. :wtf:
You're missing the point. Some people are not going to support the Epic store(or Windows store, EA's Origin, Ubisoft's client, Etc, Etc) because of the undesired and unacceptable DRM. It's not that it's difficult, it's that it's a level of intrusion we are unwilling to accept. For people like us, if you want our money, you give us a product on our terms. Otherwise we say piss off! And we are growing in number.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
EGS doesn't have DRM unless the publisher put it in.

For people like us, if you want our money, you give us a product on our terms.
Nope. You accept *their* terms, not the other way around; it has always been that way. Rejecting their terms means no game for you.

Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
Until they updated it, Metro ran it off of the exe in the game folder and the store didn't even pop up. Steam uses Denuvo and it's in house DRM so the point is what now. :confused:

Nope. You accept *their* terms, not the other way around
Not on GOG. We buy it, we own for life, we play it at our discretion.
it has always been that way. Rejecting their terms means no game for you.
Incorrect. Back in the days of carts and CD's and even some PC's, there were no EULA's.
Steam uses Denuvo and it's in house DRM so the point is what now. :confused:
Metro Exodus isn't on Steam which is what the big deal is.. And the joke of a company Denuvo is not owned by Valve, the parent company of Steam. Thinking you need to do some catch-up on events...