• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE - General information and discussion

Martin.v.r

I got the Signature HD 3870 X2 - 851-954-945-1100, but the rbe will not as I would,I have understand this bios tool.
has problems with changing the Signature
Therefore, If you can change the clock in the Signature, a right-oc for me. ?
to 87X to 97X on the gpu, Perhaps you can put max oc, in ccc for 1000;)

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
I got the Signature HD 3870 X2 - 851-954-945-1100, but the rbe will not as I would,I have understand this bios tool.
has problems with changing the Signature
Therefore, If you can change the clock in the Signature, a right-oc for me. ?
to 87X to 97X on the gpu, Perhaps you can put max oc, in ccc for 1000;)

That signature is a hash protected digital signature. It can not be changed. READ. THE. TUTORIAL. :rolleyes:

Coolsys

I've got a Problem. I have 2 modified Bios basing on the same Bios. Only differences are on Page1 with informations about the card. But why do changed informations prevent the bios from working on the card?
here is a link to both bios-files: http://www.datei-upload.eu/file.php?id=bf83416010b63be439721adc1b684212

Bios with "Wekiva Board..." is not working
Bios with "RV770XT .." is working.

Could you have a look on it?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
I've got a Problem. I have 2 modified Bios basing on the same Bios. Only differences are on Page1 with informations about the card. But why do changed informations prevent the bios from working on the card?
here is a link to both bios-files: http://www.datei-upload.eu/file.php?id=bf83416010b63be439721adc1b684212

Bios with "Wekiva Board..." is not working
Bios with "RV770XT .." is working.

Could you have a look on it?

The part numbers are diffrent. I see you have a second generation hd4870. If you want to work with the bios, you must force the flash. And since the part number is diffrent, it can cause troubles if you flash it.

Coolsys

The part numbers are diffrent. I see you have a second generation hd4870. If you want to work with the bios, you must force the flash. And since the part number is diffrent, it can cause troubles if you flash it.

It's no Problem to flash the Bios. But i want to know why one is working and the other one not. I don't think that a different P/N could be a Problem.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
It's no Problem to flash the Bios. But i want to know why one is working and the other one not. I don't think that a different P/N could be a Problem.

One bios is for the reference card and the other not. Thats why there is a different part number. This is mostlikly the issue. Or one other possiblity is you mod the bios too far so it doesn't boot (I saw you edit those)

Coolsys

One bios is for the reference card and the other not. Thats why there is a different part number. This is mostlikly the issue. Or one other possiblity is you mod the bios too far so it doesn't boot (I saw you edit those)

I had flashed both Bios on my card and both are based on the same latest sapphire bios.
The only thing i want to know is why the bios with edited informations doesn't work, while the other does.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I had flashed both Bios on my card and both are based on the same latest sapphire bios.
The only thing i want to know is why the bios with edited informations doesn't work, while the other does.

Sorry I tough one of those bioses where from the reference card. Maybe you mod it too far. Try the same bios but with less modifications (also use not too low/high values)

Coolsys

Sorry I tough one of those bioses where from the reference card. Maybe you mod it too far. Try the same bios but with less modifications (also use not too low/high values)

Why should it be a problem with a "too far" modded bios?? :wtf:
The Bios should work anyway, because the card doesn't care about its name..

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Why should it be a problem with a "too far" modded bios?? :wtf:
The Bios should work anyway, because the card doesn't care about its name..
Its true but even when the basic is the same, there can be some things diffrent. Like the Diamond HD4870 XOC bios which doesn't like to have your memory at 225mhz (artifacts). The normal 100 bios doesn't have that issue and can run at 200mhz. They have the same base but the memory does work diffrent.

Just make a new bios mod with a higher boot values (the orginal are the best). And please do not underclock your gpu so far since it doesn't safe much energy. The best gpu value is the orginal of 500mhz in idle and in 3d mode 750mhz. Memory speed should be okay but you can beter try a higher value like 250mhz

Coolsys

But it is the same Bios. If the checksum wouldn't be different i could save the working Bios only with changed informations and it would'nt only with the difference in the informations.
Like a BMW that can't drive if i write Chrysler on it.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
But it is the same Bios. If the checksum wouldn't be different i could save the working Bios only with changed informations and it would'nt only with the difference in the informations.
Like a BMW that can't drive if i write Chrysler on it.
The problem with the bios editor is, you only can edit certain bytes. If you increase or change something, it must fit in the orginal byte location. So if you need more bytes for a longer/bigger string or then it wouldn't fit. Same goes for a smaller string. Luckly RBE gives an error when this happens.

Why do you want to use a sapphire bios on the reference card of ati? (the first generation hd4870 of sapphire is a reference card of ati) The 113-B50701-105 bios has powerplay and you won't lose you warrenty so long you dont edit/mod it. If you use tools like ATI Tray Tools to underclock/overclock automaticaly when needed you also save energy on the save way without a lot of flikkering.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II
Cooling Hyper 212 EVO v2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-4000
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750 XT
Storage WD Black SN850 2TB, various other SSD's from ages past
Display(s) LG 27GL850 1440@144, AG Neovo EM2701QC 1440@75
Case Zophos EVO Silent by Raijintek
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II Wireless headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse ProtoArc EM01
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury
Software Windows 11 Pro

lol, wut?

Coolsys

The problem with the bios editor is, you only can edit certain bytes. If you increase or change something, it must fit in the orginal byte location. So if you need more bytes for a longer/bigger string or then it wouldn't fit. Same goes for a smaller string. Luckly RBE gives an error when this happens.

Why do you want to use a sapphire bios on the reference card of ati? (the first generation hd4870 of sapphire is a reference card of ati) The 113-B50701-105 bios has powerplay and you won't lose you warrenty so long you dont edit/mod it. If you use tools like ATI Tray Tools to underclock/overclock automaticaly when needed you also save energy on the save way without a lot of flikkering.

It doesn't do this in my case ;)

And i don't see any flicker - everythings fine, like it should. Just for "perfection" i would like to have the original informations instead of sapphires in my bios. But as you say it couldn't be made with RBE i disclaim perfection :eek:.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
It doesn't do this in my case ;)

And i don't see any flicker - everythings fine, like it should. Just for "perfection" i would like to have the original informations instead of sapphires in my bios. But as you say it couldn't be made with RBE i disclaim perfection :eek:.

Are you sure, since every hd4870 (first generation bug?) had this issue when changing ram speeds. When the ram speed is changed you saw for a blink of an eye a flikker on the screen. Maybe I must try the new sapphire hd4870 bios on my card :)

Coolsys

Are you sure, since every hd4870 (first generation bug?) had this issue when changing ram speeds. When the ram speed is changed you saw for a blink of an eye a flikker on the screen. Maybe I must try the new sapphire hd4870 bios on my card :)

I can see something when i quit a game, but i think it is the same like every other graphic-card except HD4870.
You are welcome to try it yourself ;).

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I can see something when i quit a game, but i think it is the same like every other graphic-card except HD4870.
You are welcome to try it yourself ;).

Thats sounds same like the flikker issue. Its only happends when switching from a 3D to a 2D state.

tiodrakul

I really need the spin up bug fix enabled to 4870X2, my card have this bug (stay on 100% fan speed all time) but RBE do not enable the fix option, help!

tiodrakul

I have the spin up bug on a 4870X2 (100% fan speed all time), but RBE do not allow me to use the fix, what i can do? the noise at 100% is insupportable

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I really need the spin up bug fix enabled to 4870X2, my card have this bug (stay on 100% fan speed all time) but RBE do not enable the fix option, help!

I have the spin up bug on a 4870X2 (100% fan speed all time), but RBE do not allow me to use the fix, what i can do? the noise at 100% is insupportable
Posting your problem once is enough. The spin up bug is unwanted spin ups, that isn't the same like 100% fan all the time.

Do you have this issue before you boot the system into windows/linux? Do you have this issue with the orginal bios?

Can you give more info about the card, maybe you have a card with a 2/3 wire fan so it will run at 100% all the time. Can you provide the orginal&modded bios or a screenshot of the fan settings.

tiodrakul

Strange, I do not remember to post double on this thread, but...

Lucky, i found the problem, after some hours thinking. the PWM-control wire from fan are broken (and difficult to see without carefull examination), I fix then and now the fan respond to control. But thanks for the reply

Posting your problem once is enough. The spin up bug is unwanted spin ups, that isn't the same like 100% fan all the time.

Do you have this issue before you boot the system into windows/linux? Do you have this issue with the orginal bios?

Can you give more info about the card, maybe you have a card with a 2/3 wire fan so it will run at 100% all the time. Can you provide the orginal&modded bios or a screenshot of the fan settings.

jcusimano2

Something about RBE irritating me

if I increase the overdrive values using the first method then after booting my card likes to have a core of 800Mhz because that is what the signature file says/is even though I have it clocked at 780 or 810 or whatever and if I open a 3d intensive program for a second then it will snap back to where it is supposed to be. Now if I clock my card where the signature fils says like 800 core then the problem usually isn't there. How fdo I stop this it has always been like this too I was just too lazy to write about it