• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RDNA 2.0/Big Navi will be aplenty at launch as confirmed by an AMD employee

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
Supply chains must be constrained in GPU market only, because other retailers in different markets or aliexpress deliver everything on time, and there are no shortages. I smell some covid bullshit price fixing, and we consumers as always will pay.
Try to find an M1 Mac right now. From what I've seen, if you order one today, it won't ship until after Christmas at the earliest. Game consoles and Zen 3s are also constrained. One common connection among all these things is they either use cutting edge process silicon fabrication, or feature very large and/or complex chips. It doesn't appear any of these companies gain much with these shortages, as they aren't the ones marking up the cost of the final product. At best, they get some free peer pressure marketing where everyone thinks they need these things, but that doesn't actually help them sell any more units. Also consider that all these products are related to people finding ways to either work or entertain themselves while the world is in shambles.