• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

@czesio666, find a driver you want to use, ideally install it with a clean run, so ALL other drivers-extensions-software components related to the Realtek device are fully removed.
Once you have removed all Realtek sound drivers from the computer (sometimes there can be quite a few), you can go ahead and install the driver of choice.

If you don't care about Realtek SFX or other APO's on SFX, you can replace it with Equalizer APO (see here, skip step 1B).

If I remember correctly there is-was an issue with the patched version, not setting up 6 channels for SFX-MFX, where 'disable enhancements', fixes it because it disables SFX-MFX.
Some people are ok with that, and are happy running raw to EFX to get 6 channels, but you lose SFX-MFX processing, and any quality improvements-features.

Upmixing is done on SFX, so unless SFX is setup properly as 6 channels it probably wont do anything at all.

----

Stereo upmixers are coded to detect 2 channel streams, which is 100% correct, however web browsers and some apps-games will stream the number of channels it detects.
So even if you get 6 channels throughout the Windows audio engine (SFX-MFX-EFX), the above will only populate [x] channels with audio.

In short, web browsers connect to my SPDIF as a 6 channel stream, I play stereo audio, so only left-right is populated with audio, upmixer detects 6 channels.

YouTube (Edge).png

As you can see no upmixing occurred, there are 6 channels.

Attachments

• DTS DCH Speakers.png
    DTS DCH Speakers.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 159
System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Chrome had an update a long time ago that disabled channel filling.
and because of this we need to use cmd line in the shortcut
try one of these:
--try-supported-channel-layouts
--force-wave-audio
--disable-audio-output-resampler

will look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --try-supported-channel-layouts

Ok. I've tried method and drivers from that site:
ASUS Realtek drivers

And then speaker fill option appeared. Thus, I think it was a problem that official gigabyte drivers were still existing in the system. Now each time I install new drivers I follow this procedure:

CLEANUP

1. Uninstall Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III installed
2. Uninstall Realtek device from Device manager (if exist), check Delete driver software for this device
3. Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
4.Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio

Then new drivers can be installed. I've tried AAF and those from ASUS page. Both have speakers fill option.

But now after installing AAF Realtek DDL/DTS Patched, I have no DTS Connect !!!!
I have no idea what is going on.

Summarizing:
- AAF (DTS patched) and ASUS drivers with replaced patched dll give speaker fill without DTS
- original drivers from Gigabyte with replaced patched dll gives DTS but no speaker fill

WIth speaker fill it works as I want. 5.1 stream is played correctly on corresponding speaker, 2.0 is filled to all speakers. Tested on music/video files and in browser (HTML test). But it doesn't work in youtube. Tried with different browsers. What the hell ????

Maybe you have receiver that have speaker fill built-in. I have rather old 5.1 speakers from Logitech connected with 3 jacks with matrix function that should do something like speaker fill. But it cannot distinguish how many channels source audio has. Thus, 2.0 are played on all speakers (that is correct) but 5.1 is also mixed so, one single channel is played on all speakers. That is why I need Realtek hardware speakers fill because it will not be used on 5.1 streams.
Try cleaning your drivers again, installing AAF driver with whatever features you pick, after install is finished add {62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250} key to your composite stream SFX registry on the endpoint you want up mixed. This is the microsoft apo key.

czesio666

I've tested some more drivers and some other tweaks. Now I have different results because earlier I did not prevent windows not to update drivers in driverstore. Simply I disabled internet connection. The results are as follows:

1. Original Gigabyte - speaker fill yes, dts no
2. Original Gigabyte + patch - speaker fill no, dts yes
3. AAF - speaker fill no, dts yes
4. Asus drivers - speaker fill yes, dts no
5. DTS DCH @Ferather - speaker fill no, dts no, even no Sound effect, see attachment

Thus, I think that as DTS is available, speaker fill is unavailable, and vice versa.

With 1, 2 and 5 I've tried to use Realtek HDA driver test utility, Rtkhdaud.dat created. I have not observed any difference.

But I'm not sure if I need DTS. According to:
From what I've read DDL and DTS Connect can take any audio stream in a Windows machine and encodes it into DD or DTS for output via SPDIF so a home theater receiver can then decode it and play it on the requisite speakers. Is this correct? Does it work on any stream, from a game, or movie, or music?
DTS is a digital compression. So it make sense only with digital connection. I use analog only. But I don't understand why on old computer (ALC889A, original driver 2.70 with DTS without patching) enabling DTS worked as speaker fill. Moreover, I have no idea why on all drivers dts settings are available for analog output.

@Ferather I will try EAPO later. But now it seems that speaker fill do as I want. 5.1 streams are played correctly and other streams are played on all speakers. Except youtube on any browser.

@itachimendes Youtube video 5.1 test, Speaker fill enabled / disabled:
1. Chrome without parameters: FL FR are playing / FL FR are playing ------> seems to be 5.1 stream but with cancelled all except FL FR because speaker fill does change nothing
2. Chrome with --try..: all are playing / FL FR are playing -----> seems to be 2.0 stream because speaker fill works
3. Chrome with --force.. - the same as without parameters
4. Chrome with --disable.. - the same as without parameters
5. Firefox the same as Chrome without parameters.

But as I mentioned, it is not a problem of browser itself because e.g HTML 5.1 test works correctly.

I've also tried to play youtube 5.1 using LG smart TV with 5.1 Harman Kardon, optical connection. The same, no 5.1. So at this moment I don;t know if YT supports 5.1.

@bottlefedc83 What should be the effect of this and where exactly it should be added in FX configurator? Processing mode conf -> Endpoint APO Processing Modes?

Attachments

• dts_dth.jpg
    dts_dth.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 119
You forgot the register the dll mentioned in the first post of my thread, but it does not matter now.
Personally I don't bother with the Realtek panel, so I made it optional.

Northerion

Hi guys i did everything in first post mentioned but still the program gives me an error ''supported device can note be found please plug it active it then try again'' can somene help me.
i did try everything in first post even formatted i use w11 latest build thy for everything @Ferather

I am not the package author, I just help at times. I can help with DTS and some other smaller things, but not all the apo's AAF supports.

Northerion

Thanks for reply mate then you can help me about this Check if the "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" service is running on the Local System account. To check, type Windows + R, type "services.msc", search for the service mentioned, click on the Logon tab and see if the option "Local System Account" is checked.

AAF DCH optimus helper service is no t there how can add it there please?. Finallay worked but sound sometimes delay or it seems volume down or up does not matter at all ty for your help. @Ferather

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9581.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

Northerion

İ dont see that service on the even list on services how can i add it there can you help please? :)

Thanks for reply mate then you can help me about this Check if the "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" service is running on the Local System account. To check, type Windows + R, type "services.msc", search for the service mentioned, click on the Logon tab and see if the option "Local System Account" is checked.

AAF DCH optimus helper service is no t there how can add it there please?. Finallay worked but sound sometimes delay or it seems volume down or up does not matter at all ty for your help. @AAF Optimus

I've tested some more drivers and some other tweaks. Now I have different results because earlier I did not prevent windows not to update drivers in driverstore. Simply I disabled internet connection. The results are as follows:

1. Original Gigabyte - speaker fill yes, dts no
2. Original Gigabyte + patch - speaker fill no, dts yes
3. AAF - speaker fill no, dts yes
4. Asus drivers - speaker fill yes, dts no
5. DTS DCH @Ferather - speaker fill no, dts no, even no Sound effect, see attachment

Thus, I think that as DTS is available, speaker fill is unavailable, and vice versa.

With 1, 2 and 5 I've tried to use Realtek HDA driver test utility, Rtkhdaud.dat created. I have not observed any difference.

But I'm not sure if I need DTS. According to:
From what I've read DDL and DTS Connect can take any audio stream in a Windows machine and encodes it into DD or DTS for output via SPDIF so a home theater receiver can then decode it and play it on the requisite speakers. Is this correct? Does it work on any stream, from a game, or movie, or music?
DTS is a digital compression. So it make sense only with digital connection. I use analog only. But I don't understand why on old computer (ALC889A, original driver 2.70 with DTS without patching) enabling DTS worked as speaker fill. Moreover, I have no idea why on all drivers dts settings are available for analog output.

@Ferather I will try EAPO later. But now it seems that speaker fill do as I want. 5.1 streams are played correctly and other streams are played on all speakers. Except youtube on any browser.

@itachimendes Youtube video 5.1 test, Speaker fill enabled / disabled:
1. Chrome without parameters: FL FR are playing / FL FR are playing ------> seems to be 5.1 stream but with cancelled all except FL FR because speaker fill does change nothing
2. Chrome with --try..: all are playing / FL FR are playing -----> seems to be 2.0 stream because speaker fill works
3. Chrome with --force.. - the same as without parameters
4. Chrome with --disable.. - the same as without parameters
5. Firefox the same as Chrome without parameters.

But as I mentioned, it is not a problem of browser itself because e.g HTML 5.1 test works correctly.

I've also tried to play youtube 5.1 using LG smart TV with 5.1 Harman Kardon, optical connection. The same, no 5.1. So at this moment I don;t know if YT supports 5.1.

@bottlefedc83 What should be the effect of this and where exactly it should be added in FX configurator? Processing mode conf -> Endpoint APO Processing Modes?
No not endpoint apo. It goes in composite stream FX I always put it as the first APO string ahead of the others. The effect I get is kind of odd, the behavior it gives me is auto apply speaker fill in WSAPI shared mode.

czesio666

You forgot the register the dll mentioned in the first post of my thread, but it does not matter now.
Personally I don't bother with the Realtek panel, so I made it optional.
That is true. Info about registration is not implicitly included in instruction.
I've made it once again and now speaker fill yes, dts no. Tried with changing policy, nothing changed.

@AAF Optimus @Northerion How did you force to install this service?
edit: reinstallation and now it is ok

Last edited:
Its non-Realtek DTS, a dedicated APO, so it wont show in the Realtek panel, just in formats with Windows.

SoundLike

Hello Ferather.
Maybe you can give a useful answer to my question. Why can't I launch the latest "Realtek Audio Console" app? The latest version of the "Realtek Audio Console" app, which runs for me "RealtekSemiconductorCorp.RealtekAudioControl_1.41.291.0_neutral_~_dt26b99r8h8gj", everything after this version does not start for a second and the window closes. I have Realtek sound chip "ALC221". Help me figure it out if possible. Thank you.

czesio666

Its non-Realtek DTS, a dedicated APO, so it wont show in the Realtek panel, just in formats with Windows.
Ok, understood.

No not endpoint apo. It goes in composite stream FX I always put it as the first APO string ahead of the others. The effect I get is kind of odd, the behavior it gives me is auto apply speaker fill in WSAPI shared mode.
Ok, It was done but I don't hear any difference. I have these keys in Composite stream APO:
{62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250}
{07531B73-E4CA-4B94-9D0E-D3C9A7825FE5}
{DA2C9ECE-7418-4906-B4FA-0A00B3EB88AA}
Still no speaker fill effect. This applies to newest version of AAF drivers.

@SoundLike, I am afraid I do not know, all versions work (including the latest) for me with my own pack, not using AAF myself.

Realtek Panel 1.47.310.0.png

The driver version is a bit older than current AAF.

FelipePR10

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9581.1
Totally Reworked Driver Pack!!!

No USB Support!

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

FIXED: ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/GenKGA" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer
  • Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 (Don't support HDMI Audio)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic (APO4 Only)
    • Nahimic Easy Surround (BTLink)
    • Nahimic Mirroring
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO3 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated > MediaFire)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
Hi, congratulations on the excellent work!!!

Could you explain better how this driver works??
I have: tuf gaming x570-plus/br Realtek ALC1200, could you tell me which driver is best?? I use the original drivers but they are poor in resources!!
Is it possible to use Creative software/console on my audio card??
The download "SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5" only works with creative sound cards??

@czesio666, and anyone else experiencing stereo only issues with SPDIF and AAF. I have attached two registry files, which you edit and enter your device ID (instructions included).
This will setup the audio engine for SFX-MFX-EFX to 5.1 or 2 channel, note that SPDIF does not have a configure option (like analogue and HDMI).

Normally the Realtek APO, and-or other APO's will do this for you when in DTS-Dolby mode, but as far as I know it doesn't with the patched version (not completely unlocked).
If you previously had DTS connect on show, but it did nothing, there is a good chance it might work as normal with the registry correctly setup.

In my case the DTS Interactive APO I am using (not Realtek's internal one), will set the device to 6 channels without needing to modify it.
In addition the Realtek SFX will also setup the device to do 6 channel processing, instead of 2 (DTS API, DTS CFG).

Attachments

• Mod for AAF.zip
    382.4 KB · Views: 112

Northerion

Thanks for reply mate then you can help me about this Check if the "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" service is running on the Local System account. To check, type Windows + R, type "services.msc", search for the service mentioned, click on the Logon tab and see if the option "Local System Account" is checked. Can somene help about this please

AAF DCH optimus helper service is no t there how can add it there please?. Finallay worked but sound sometimes delay or it seems volume down or up does not matter at all ty for your help. @Ferather @AAF Optimus

czesio666

Today, after 2 day of installing AAF and using matrix function in speakers (logitech speakers speaker fill effect) I experienced something wrong. Only FL and FR are working. Others are totally cut. Then I turned off matrix and voila! Speaker fill is working as default. Without visible option in realtek console.
I have such Composite Stream FX APO:
{07531B73-E4CA-4B94-9D0E-D3C9A7825FE5}
{DA2C9ECE-7418-4906-B4FA-0A00B3EB88AA}

After a few hours it went back to previous state. No speaker fill. The system was working all the time, without restarting. !!!

What the hell is going on?

Last edited:
@Northerion, try this:

Its not MSI the brand name but instead message-signalled interrupts: Message Signaled Interrupts - Wikipedia
Run as admin, tick all the boxes that support it, apply then restart.