• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
note to Alan F (AAF)

v1.5.4 of Nahimic3 uwp app from MS store recently released

Can't get it to work... Tried uninstalling the realtek driver and all the programs but they keep reinstalling and after the installation of the mod I cant find the AAF device

Mossey49

Can't get it to work... Tried uninstalling the realtek driver and all the programs but they keep reinstalling and after the installation of the mod I cant find the AAF device
U need to uninstall all the drivers in device manager including Alan's and reboot. It will reinstall Windows drivers, uninstall those drivers and delete them. Then reinstall Alan's and reboot. you ill then see the AAF driver

Download Shutup10 and select recommended.
Also, there is a registry tweak to prevent automatic driver updates, do you know it?

U need to uninstall all the drivers in device manager including Alan's and reboot. It will reinstall Windows drivers, uninstall those drivers and delete them. Then reinstall Alan's and reboot. you ill then see the AAF driver
Yeah... Already did it but it keeps installing and saying realtek high definition audio

Download Shutup10 and select recommended.
Also, there is a registry tweak to prevent automatic driver updates, do you know it?
I didn't know it... I'll try

Mossey49

Yeah... Already did it but it keeps installing and saying realtek high definition audio

I didn't know it... I'll try
Where are the Realtek high definition audio drivers coming from if you uninstall them and delete them in device manager before rebooting?

So I got stereo surround upmix working using Equalizer APO, it even works for Youtube. I allows for direct play, but its best to disable the upmix for full directional playback (power button).
Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net. Make sure you install the APO as SFX/MFX with the AAF driver, else it wont work properly. See my screenshots below.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Place the config files in the install directory: C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config | Then settings > reset global.

How To: Realtime AC3 / Dolby Digital Encoding for Games | Reaper-X (reaper-x.com)
Files: Virtual Audio Cable, AC3Filter, GraphStudioNext.

If you setup both, use can Equalizer APO to get stereo to surround (using the virtual cable), then graphedit to digital.

Attachments

• Equalizer APO.zip
    517 bytes · Views: 120
Last edited:
So I got stereo surround upmix working using Equalizer APO, it even works for Youtube. I allows for direct play, but its best to disable the upmix for full directional playback (power button).
Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net, Link to config and upmix here. Make sure you install the APO as SFX/MFX, else it wont work properly. See screenshots.

View attachment 180623View attachment 180624View attachment 180625View attachment 180626

How To: Realtime AC3 / Dolby Digital Encoding for Games | Reaper-X (reaper-x.com)
Files: Virtual Audio Cable, AC3Filter, GraphStudioNext.

If you setup both, use can Equalizer APO to get stereo to surround, then graphedit to digital.
Very nice. I have DTS 5.1 going, tis' also pretty nice with some surround - but I bet this is way better :)

DDL and analouge speakers may not work together. At this time encoding via DDL/DTS-C is not properly function.
You could play Dolby or DTS pre-encoded files like DVD, movies or AC3 files, but for games the LIVE-encoding doesn't work.

Alan Finote means, it could be a bug in the Realtek standard driver, which is the source of his modded drivers.

With this driver you cannot configure everything on analogue speakers, but a lot ... like 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 -> have a look by your own. ;)

Eh?

Sure it (DDL/DTS-C) works, I use it all the time. The problem is that windows thinks it's stereo output so games tend to fall back to stereo sound. If the game has an option to use "surround" audio, then it'll work fine or at least it works on the games I've tried that have the stereo/surround switch.

It won't work on the latest drivers, yes true.

As for 0.5 second lag, that's a software encoding problem, it works fine on the realtek chip. I've got old Xonar soundcard that looks like 5.1 (or 7.1 or whatever) setup to windows so games will happily generate multi-channel audio that gets encoded on-the-fly.

So the one component we're missing is speaker configuration setting in the Realtek control panel. It'd be actually probably pretty easy for Realtek to do since they already do it for analog outputs. Not so much for a separate piece of software.. You could do it in older windows versions but they changed how the system works, so no such luck these days.

Eh?

Sure it (DDL/DTS-C) works, I use it all the time. The problem is that windows thinks it's stereo output so games tend to fall back to stereo sound. If the game has an option to use "surround" audio, then it'll work fine or at least it works on the games I've tried that have the stereo/surround switch.

It won't work on the latest drivers, yes true.

As for 0.5 second lag, that's a software encoding problem, it works fine on the realtek chip. I've got old Xonar soundcard that looks like 5.1 (or 7.1 or whatever) setup to windows so games will happily generate multi-channel audio that gets encoded on-the-fly.

So the one component we're missing is speaker configuration setting in the Realtek control panel. It'd be actually probably pretty easy for Realtek to do since they already do it for analog outputs. Not so much for a separate piece of software.. You could do it in older windows versions but they changed how the system works, so no such luck these days.

I presume you use SPDIF/Optical for output?

There are both DTS and DTS Interactive and DTS Interactive 5.1 drivers I've seen :)

@Barleyman

The stereo expand and multichannel features with the provided apps don't seem to work for me. So I ended up with 2 of 6 speakers in use when stereo is played.
I updated my post with newer config files, I balanced the speaker gains. You can adjust the stereo gains to suit your setup.

Now I can open my browser and play Youtube and get stereo to all 6 speakers.

@Barleyman

The stereo expand and multichannel features with the provided apps don't seem to work for me. So I ended up with 2 of 6 speakers in use when stereo is played.
I updated my post with newer config files, I balanced the speaker gains. You can adjust the stereo gains to suit your setup.

Now I can open my browser and play Youtube and get stereo to all 6 speakers.

I'm not trying to do any kind of stereo expansion, I don't really see the point.. I'm just trying to get games to output surround audio over S/PDIF. On some games it works as I said, also if you make media player output pcm audio it gets encoded properly to 5.1 setup.

I presume you use SPDIF/Optical for output?

There are both DTS and DTS Interactive and DTS Interactive 5.1 drivers I've seen :)

Yeah, Soundblaster X-Fi can do that as well. If there's a Realtek driver with that feature, I've missed it. Actually it should exist since we've got DDL in the driver/codec and it's not much use if Windows thinks the device is stereo!

Perhaps some tweak in the pile of driver tool options would change the speaker configuration..

repli

Hi, tried latest DCH modded drivers package and realized it worked well with EITHER S/PDIF optical digital poutput used OR 5.1 analog output, one of them wired up to my onboard Realtek HD audio ports at a time. However, after wiring up BOTH options simultaneously (5.1 analog + S/DPIF optical), the Sonic 3 utility keeps crashing. I reinstalled the DCH package with Nahimic option, and now it seems to run fine. Only Realtek Audio Console sometimes doesn't load completely but freezes on its (light blue) launch screen... any ideas?

I'm not trying to do any kind of stereo expansion, I don't really see the point.. I'm just trying to get games to output surround audio over S/PDIF. On some games it works as I said, also if you make media player output pcm audio it gets encoded properly to 5.1 setup.

Yeah, Soundblaster X-Fi can do that as well. If there's a Realtek driver with that feature, I've missed it. Actually it should exist since we've got DDL in the driver/codec and it's not much use if Windows thinks the device is stereo!

Perhaps some tweak in the pile of driver tool options would change the speaker configuration..

I'll send you a working DDL/DTS 5.1 2moz

I'll send you a working DDL/DTS 5.1 2moz

Something that windows actually thinks is a 5.1 speaker setup? Well now. DTS encoding already works fine for me already but only if the gamer/program allows you to configure output channel count. There's 1000+ settings in the realtek audio device tweak, I wouldn't be surprised to find 5.1 option there somewhere but they're not in any kind of order..

Something that windows actually thinks is a 5.1 speaker setup? Well now. DTS encoding already works fine for me already but only if the gamer/program allows you to configure output channel count. There's 1000+ settings in the realtek audio device tweak, I wouldn't be surprised to find 5.1 option there somewhere but they're not in any kind of order..
Does it say DTS or DTS interactive 5.1 as your output?

Would this work for you?

Does it say DTS or DTS interactive 5.1 as your output?

Would this work for you?

Yes, it's DTS 5.1 output, that works. But I can't configure the speakers, it's grayed out. I've actually been thinking of buying second hand X-fi 5.1 or maybe Soundblaster Z, that'll definitely do it.

Yes, it's DTS 5.1 output, that works. But I can't configure the speakers, it's grayed out. I've actually been thinking of buying second hand X-fi 5.1 or maybe Soundblaster Z, that'll definitely do it.

If you:
1) try @H4cziLLa 's tweak of entering numbers in Realtek Utility Tool?
2) Install a modded SoundBlaster MB for Realtek?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9075.1
NEW UPDATE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
So I got stereo surround upmix working using Equalizer APO, it even works for Youtube.
I use AAF driver v6.0.9071.1 and it contains Dolby Digital ProLogic IIx / Home Theater.
It works ootb with upmixing from 2.0 to 5.1 on SPDIF and analogue 2.0 to 5.1/7.1 just fine.
With it, there's not a must to use an old Realtek driver v6.0.81xx.
It's your choice.

Excellent, now everything is working using Equaliser APO. I now have stereo upmixing, speaker balancing, and multichannel digital (using the selected method, DDL or DTS).
I only needed one app to make everything work, the app also uses the native Windows audio service, which means it always runs as a background process.

----

Install AAF DCH driver: 6.0.9075.1 (lastest), then download 'Equaliser APO' (totally 100% free). Now download my 'E-APO AAF DCH.zip' file in the attachments below.
I have renamed my device outputs to 'Speakers' and 'Digital', and input to 'Microphone' and 'Stereo Mixer' for better reading and identification.

Setup 1.pngSetup 2.png

Install Equaliser APO, when installing you will be asked which APO method to use, make sure you select 'SFX/MFX' with your AFF drivers, then restart PC.

Setup 3.pngSetup 4.png

Unzip my package, then cut and move the config .txt files to your Equaliser APO config directory: C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\Config.
Now open Equaliser APO, and select your outputs, in my case that's 'Speakers' and 'Digital' as I renamed them earlier.

E-APO 1.pngE-APO 3.png

Now you have upmixing on both analogue and digital. Digital will use your selected method, DDL or DTS.
Disable the 'upmixer' option in Equaliser APO, if pure direct is needed (still works when on).

Digital.png

Update: Graphic EQ removed, Feel free to make your own configs.

Attachments

• E-APO AAF DCH.zip
    690 bytes · Views: 173
Last edited:

sylva1

Alan,

All good and well, but I can't seem to get post #1163. I can go as far as page-47#post-3392213. If I attach post #1163 I get an error "site not found". I search post #1163 and come up with nothing. What am I doing wrong? None of my computers are not online. I use only laptops for online search and software. One of my computers has an MSI x570 + AMD x3600 board. Will your mod work or it's only for a Sound Blaster sound chip? Is your mod for Internet streaming only or it'd be good for DVDs and other media off line? Maybe the latter part of my inquiry has already been discussed. Most important is the mod issue.

Thanks, John.

Last edited: