• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

dandappa

Hi,

First of all thanks for all the work put into this project.

I installed the latest driver but I am having some issues , I dont see the option in the audio console to seperate my output jacks however I can seperate my inputs. I checked the driver policy and I am seeing the flag is in fact enabled. Is there something else I need to enable for this to work ? I also reinstalled the driver so i can try the legacy panel but same issue. ( I did clean uninstall with DriverStore and I used registry cleaner then reboot , I also deleted "rtkhdaud.dat" and reboot)

Capture.PNG

The other issue is, I dont see the dropdown box to select the amplification levels under headphone impedance . It shows in the legacy console but when I change between them it does nothing to amplify my headphones like it normally would as in older versions. Also I would like to report that the realtek default effects dont show up , isnt there supposed to be an equalizer and such ? Not that this one bothers me because I can set the equalizer with Sonic Studio 3 and apply effects with SoundBlaster Connect.

a.PNG

@Alan Finotty can you include the Asus skinned legacy panel as an option in the installation menu in future release ? I had an older driver with this panel and it was awesome . The DTS Ultra PC II combined with Soundblaster X-Fi MB5 was pretty much all I needed. But now I upgrade driver to UWP because I like the features of Sonic Studio 3 which I dont believe can work with HDA legacy drivers.

Realtek Chip: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492225&REV_1001

Siliil

Hi everyone! I have acer nitro with ALC255 with combined minijack, but I can't do anything with that unless 'headphones' and 'speaker', there must be at least five variants(line in, mic in, universal etc)
1618503848692.png
1618503862038.png
1618503875623.png
1618503884797.png

Hi everyone! I have acer nitro with ALC255 with combined minijack, but I can't do anything with that unless 'headphones' and 'speaker', there must be at least five variants(line in, mic in, universal etc)
1618503848692.png
1618503862038.png
1618503875623.png
1618503884797.png
I just have used 'findpolicytext': 'combo' and choose 'global', 'universal' and, 'manual' combo in one of drvctrl and ombojack work perfectly

afn5454

in my pc dch driver never woks. It does not install properly. Only found Microsoft basic version. uad version works fine. what is the problem..? tried unistalling ddu tool, but no luck.Please helh
Os-w10 20h2v908
intel i5 4690k
msi h81m-p33

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 120
  • erwa.jpg
    erwa.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 102

nonick

ALC 887 (gigabyte b450m) on all DCH versions I have problems with S/PDIF or dont work or work only on stereo (No Dolby Digital Live or DTS).
On newest version with DTS encoder S/PDIF full not working (even no sound)
With Dolby:
1618661806470.png

Before all this I tried fully cleanup all old drivers.

Speaker codes, got the same with my driver and ALC285, try this driver with your ALC887. Im on ALC889.
Also note, chips can have revisions, and certain revisions work and others not, same chip ID.

Note: You shouldn't turn off enhancements with the latest version (DTS at least, not sure about Dolby).

----

I shared-traded codes and files with Alan, but I don't do Dolby, I only support DTS.

Last edited:

nonick

Speaker codes, got the same with my driver and ALC285, try this driver with your ALC887. Im on ALC889.
Also note, chips can have revisions, and certain revisions work and others not, same chip ID.

Note: You shouldn't turn off enhancements with the latest version (DTS at least, not sure about Dolby).

----

I shared-traded codes and files with Alan, but I don't do Dolby, I only support DTS.
thanks with yours driver S/PDIF multi channel works.

Its not Alans fault, its just speaker codes. Enjoy! Edit: If you are using my driver as an alternative to Alans, I made a small update at the bottom of this post.

Last edited:
DOWNLOAD MY DRIVERS FROM HERE:
DCH-UAD VERSION (RECOMMENDED)

STANDARD VERSION

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9137.1
HDA PANEL INCLUDED IN DCH DRIVER

• REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • ASIO EXTRA
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DDL/DTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT 2 (LEGACY)
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • NAHIMIC 3
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY DIGITAL (OVERRIDE)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (OVERRIDE)
  • REALTEK ASIO
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE & DTS INTERACTIVE
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DOLBY DIGITAL
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT (UWP)
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • CINEMA 5
  • NAHIMIC 3 (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v4)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
IMAGES (WINDOWS 10)
CREATIVE PANEL (LEGACY)
View attachment 145072
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE (UWP)
View attachment 159335
View attachment 159540

CREATIVE PANEL (UWP)
View attachment 158671
NAHIMIC 3
View attachment 133729

SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
View attachment 156931

View attachment 156932

View attachment 156933

SCOUT RADAR 3 (NOT INCLUDED, BUT SUPPORT ENABLED)
View attachment 156935

View attachment 156936

DOLBY ATMOS
View attachment 143507

ATTENTION: If the Sound Blaster, if installed, is unable to detect your audio device correctly, the executable that will allow you to restore this operation is attached.

DOWNLOAD KGA CONFIG EXECUTABLE

ENJOY !!!

Please replace Dolby Atmos speaker system and use Dolby Atmos speaker system using vldp120
Dolby Atmos speaker system and Dolby Atmos for Gaming two kinds of installation :lovetpu:

alanfox2000 Dolby Atmos speaker system is the best solution

Depends which technology you want I guess, personally I prefer DTS:X over Atmos, so neither hehe.

filmfix

@Ferather Hello my friend, first of all sorry for my english; I've read all in this forum and a lot around internet, before the creators update my setup was ok with DTS and Dolby on 5.1 (I use the S/PDIF output), after that has been a nightmare trying to restore the 5.1 sound, if you could help me with a step by step guide I really apreciate it.

My motherboard is an ASUS B-85M-g and the audio chip is Realtek® ALC887-VD2.

Thanks a lot for your support

@Alan Finotty there is something wrong with your driver. when i connect headphone DTS Ultra doesnt change to headphone mode.

Edit:: i think your driver doesnt support my codec properly too (T.T)

Last edited:
I would need to know the codes, then I can add it. At this time I don't know which HP-SPK keys (ID's) ALC285 uses.
Ultra headphones mode can only be accessed using the separate stream option (afaik).

----

@Alan Finotty, I made a DTS preset update for my driver, here, feel free to read through them.
  • Added fixes and fully enabled APO3 multichannel mode, with extra options.
  • Enabled additional SRS options (SRS is built into APO3 and 4).
  • Enabled DTS DSP, audio quality has increased.

Last edited:

filmfix

Hi again @Ferather, I've made the guide, VLC player or Media player classic ok, but my major problem is that in the games I don't have 5.1 sound, I've atached some images for you, if you can help me out I would very grateful. Thanks again

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.png
    2.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.png
    3.png
    887.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.png
    4.png
    466.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.png
    5.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 99
In the latest version, stereo comes out as stereo, you will need to upmix stereo as a whole, see here.
Edit: Just noticed a bug with the app, looks like Asian, that's the app anyhow (afaik).

1618768452650.png

Last edited:
@emanresu, here are some examples, you will find these codes in both .xml preset settings files, they can be modified if you want to. There are lots of settings to play with, some may not even be present.

1.png2.png3.png

Edit: Same for APO4, maybe you can do this to Atmos too I dont know. As they say DTS is more flexible, and so on, wouldn't surprise me if you cant quite do that with Atmos.

filmfix

@Ferather oh man, I'm almost crying, after months of suffering at last I can play my games with 5.1 again! I'm very grateful for your support. Only one more thing, my setup is 6.1 (FR, C, FL, RL, RR and a center speaker at the back which have no sound) what I must to do to make it functional?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 62
Plug it into side and set analogue to 7.1, as far as digital, it might work with 7.1 digital audio, but not with analogue (analogue > digital transcoder, DTS Interactive, is 5.1).

P.S. you are welcome, enjoy stereo surround with DTS:X, stereo games not only get upmixed, but enhanced with DTS:X, with channel definition.

----

1618773097400.png

You can also change side to centre, I guess.

Last edited:

filmfix

Well, I forgot that in my system I can "force" the signal to whatever I choose (for example stereo, dolby prologic, dolby prologic 2, dts, etc) and I forgot to change it cause actually it was on auto, and now with the correct option the center back rear speaker its fully functional and its awesome. By the way, the games that i play are in dolby or dts and its important cause you can spot enemies or anything else on your surroundings (imagine that you has an enemy behind you but you hear him in front of you, LOL) so again, thank you very much, and i hope this wandering of mine trying to resolve this issue could help anyone else.

Greetings!