• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
Hi Alan, new drivers! 6.0.9520.1 WHQL.

SimRacerMike

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9517.1
Totally Reworked Driver Pack!!!

No USB Support!

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

FIXED: ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/GenKGA" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer
  • Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 (Don't support HDMI Audio)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic (APO4 Only)
    • Nahimic Easy Surround (BTLink)
    • Nahimic Mirroring
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO3 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated > MediaFire)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
So I have an MSI Meg Ace Z390. I'm trying to get the advanced settings menu so I can split front and rear audio jacks. I only get the option for UAD and not for HDA when using your latest installer. I've also tried some old ones? Also can I used Sound Blaster mods with this motherboard onboard audio or are those only for creative devices? Please help.

So I have an MSI Meg Ace Z390. I'm trying to get the advanced settings menu so I can split front and rear audio jacks. I only get the option for UAD and not for HDA when using your latest installer. I've also tried some old ones? Also can I used Sound Blaster mods with this motherboard onboard audio or are those only for creative devices? Please help.

If u just want sound blaster mod u can use this one or this
Yes, it will support any realtek chip.

Do either one of these allow me to split front and rear audio jacks?
Capture.PNG

Yes, both UAD (realtek audio console app) and HDA driver has a option like this.

SimRacerMike

View attachment 303092

Yes, both UAD (realtek audio console app) and HDA driver has a option like this.
The option does not appear for me. There is no gear icon in my audio console. Which is why I'm here. How do I fix that? It seems to work for some... It USED to be there for me and just up and disappeared one day. I've tried different drivers. I've tried that tweak tool in the audio driver in this thread and I still I couldn't figure that out either. Please help. I'd really like this to work. I have a really good use case for using both audio jacks

The option does not appear for me. There is no gear icon in my audio console. Which is why I'm here. How do I fix that? It seems to work for some... It USED to be there for me and just up and disappeared one day. I've tried different drivers. I've tried that tweak tool in the audio driver in this thread and I still I couldn't figure that out either. Please help. I'd really like this to work. I have a really good use case for using both audio jacks

You can see it in the Device advanced settings. If u don't find it post a screenshot of ur console app.

Screenshot 2023-07-01 201833.png

SimRacerMike

You can see it in the Device advanced settings. If u don't find it post a screenshot of ur

So I'll post a screenshot later but I don't have an advanced settings menu or button at all with the msi driver or the AAF. I did get the general (unbranded) audio console to appear with the tweak tool but I don't think I'm using it right. Doing that seems to enable the spdif port and audio is being directed to spdif instead of headphones or even speakers. I don't think I'm using the tweak tool correctly when I click disable device it says failed to disable device but then when I restarted the options that I changed seem to affect the audio consoles layout but that still didn't help me. I don't understand why the whole menu just disappeared on me like 3 years ago and I've never been able to get it back. I also don't know if I have HDA or UAD. I'm guessing HDA because when I run the AAF installer I don't get an option for universal.

You can see it in the Device advanced settings. If u don't find it post a screenshot of ur console app.

View attachment 303095
Any ideas?

View attachment 303095
I read somewhere that Intel disabled multistream audio in the chipset so that's probably why no matter what driver I use I can't get split front rear jacks

eraser.nau

ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - after instal driver too much echo, i didnt touch any settings.

saitama

Hey all. Having a really weird issue with these drivers.

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MB with Realtek ALC1200 / ALC1220P chipset.

Followed all the instructions (deleted all previously installed drivers) and drivers seemed to be installed properly. However, there was no audio at all during playback.

Decided to check sound properties while playing back some music and noticed the below:

Sound.png

Despite the output being selected as my speakers, it seems to be outputting to the S/PDIF!?

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Guys? Anyone have an idea?

So I'll post a screenshot later but I don't have an advanced settings menu or button at all with the msi driver or the AAF. I did get the general (unbranded) audio console to appear with the tweak tool but I don't think I'm using it right. Doing that seems to enable the spdif port and audio is being directed to spdif instead of headphones or even speakers. I don't think I'm using the tweak tool correctly when I click disable device it says failed to disable device but then when I restarted the options that I changed seem to affect the audio consoles layout but that still didn't help me. I don't understand why the whole menu just disappeared on me like 3 years ago and I've never been able to get it back. I also don't know if I have HDA or UAD. I'm guessing HDA because when I run the AAF installer I don't get an option for universal.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere that Intel disabled multistream audio in the chipset so that's probably why no matter what driver I use I can't get split front rear jacks

u need to use this tool to unlock that option I guess

SimRacerMike

Even that didn't work. Doing this routed my audio through spdif.... Which I don't use. Also when I click to disable the device it says failed to disable device but then seems to apply the changes I made.... Which I don't think are the right ones. Also I'd like to keep the MSI skin or interface... I can get the realtek generic skin to display with the correct option but again it just routes through spdif and doesn't work properly. I'm to the point where I might just add a pice soundcard but I don't want to use a pcie lane either so idk

Can I use that tool on any driver or do I need to use the the the modded drivers to use this. I've been trying it on only the modded drivers to this point

Guys? Anyone have an idea?
I wish someone would answer this. This is what using the tool does for me as well.

Even that didn't work. Doing this routed my audio through spdif.... Which I don't use. Also when I click to disable the device it says failed to disable device but then seems to apply the changes I made.... Which I don't think are the right ones. Also I'd like to keep the MSI skin or interface... I can get the realtek generic skin to display with the correct option but again it just routes through spdif and doesn't work properly. I'm to the point where I might just add a pice soundcard but I don't want to use a pcie lane either so idk

Can I use that tool on any driver or do I need to use the the the modded drivers to use this. I've been trying it on only the modded drivers to this point

I wish someone would answer this. This is what using the tool does for me as well.

You can use this tool with both official and modded driver. You don't need a soundcard, I think a usb dac will fill ur purpose.

saitama

I don't have an issue with the connected ports being auto detected (not sure if this is one of the issues you are facing). I didn't even use the tool mentioned above. It just outputs to spdif by default. No matter what is connected (rear speakers or front jack headphones - both detected when connected).

SimRacerMike

I don't have an issue with the connected ports being auto detected (not sure if this is one of the issues you are facing). I didn't even use the tool mentioned above. It just outputs to spdif by default. No matter what is connected (rear speakers or front jack headphones - both detected when connected).
Yah same issue I think

tkp206093

Can unlock Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive and DOLBY PRO LOGIC II in S/PDIF OUT?
Alft, I install the AAF DCH Optimus Audio, I can't see about Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive in the S/PDIF OUT
before in install the AAF DCH Optimus Audio, I using Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 11 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)
I have Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories before install the AAF DCH Optimus Audio

1688697662540.png

Attachments

• Script - AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.0.2023.1.txt
    113.9 KB · Views: 136

tkp206093

Selected Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5, the audio just disappeared
1688705981343.png

Attachments

• Script - AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.0.2023.1.txt
    113.9 KB · Views: 64

tkp206093

I saw went in 200p - 216p the bast working Drivers in S/PDIF OUT is 6.0.9219.1, have Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive but I don't know why I not have DOLBY PRO LOGIC II,

and the old the legacy realtek control panel is better then UWP ver, in msi legacy panel have more options in S/PDIF but they don't know I using 5.1, UWP is nothing.

1688739829084.png

Last edited:

tkp206093

In dolby UBW I see 5.1/7.1 In other way need more setting:
5.1 or 7.1 speaker, edit default.xml
DAPv251-VLLDP
change from ch_count="2" to
-> 2.1 speakers: ch_count="4"
-> 5.1 speakers: ch_count="6"
-> 7.1 speakers: ch_count="8"
DAPv251-VLLDP120
change from total_count="2" front_count="2" side_count="0" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="0" to
-> 2.1 speakers: total_count="4" front_count="3" side_count="0" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"
-> 5.1 speakers: total_count="6" front_count="3" side_count="2" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"
-> 7.1 speakers: total_count="8" front_count="3" side_count="4" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"
8. Use Product Config Tool, select one of the followings -> Apply
Dolby DAX3 UWP (APO Wrapper) <- Compatible the XML files that you copy from DAPv251-VLLDP or DAPv251-VLLDP120 folders
Dolby DAX3 UWP (DAPv251-VLLDP) <- Choose this if you copy XML files from DAPv251-VLLDP folder
Dolby DAX3 UWP (DAPv251-VLLDP120) <- Choose this if you copy XML files from DAPv251-VLLDP120 folder

Do you have change for us, or maybe in upadte can have setting in optional setting options?

tkp206093

I saw went in 200p - 216p the bast working Drivers in S/PDIF OUT is 6.0.9219.1, have Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive but I don't know why I not have DOLBY PRO LOGIC II,

and the old the legacy realtek control panel is better then UWP ver, in msi legacy panel have more options in S/PDIF but they don't know I using 5.1, UWP is nothing.

View attachment 303844
I try so many options, this is think the bast choice of S/PDIF OUT
Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 11 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive) | TechPowerUp Forums
Your update broke so many things, I see your old driver is functional but can't find in Github like 6.0.8959.1
1688762033452.png

ebrehe

i cant use realtek audio console after restart. Its always working before restart but after i restart laptop app give rpc cant connect error. I tried more than 10 instaling driver but i couldnt fix it.
my laptop is inspiron 3580 and it has alc3204 chip

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
Hi Alan, New Drivers : 6.0.9530.1...

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2