• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
I have a question is there a way to keep the dolby/dts/headphone-x and all that stuff working because after the software figures it out it stops working and makes you have to buy it? I'm poor.

eraser.nau

after instal driver too much echo, i didnt touch any settings.
how to fix its?
dts ultra installed

wabkia

when i install the latest may 30 version, my audio device no longer works. i have a z590 aorus which has a Realtek® ALC1220-VB.

edit: i've been able to get sound out of an AAF optimus labeled audio device by uninstalling realtek audio device with delete driver checked, then removing the gigabyte extensions, and realtek listings in driver store explorer, then before windows re-installs (i already disabled the hardware option to automatically install drivers) the realtek driver+gigabyte extension hit install on the aaf optimus installer. this allowed me to finally get audio from the single (there should be two, front and back) optimus output, but realtek audio console wont start with the same RPC error as before and dolby doesnt work. bummer =\

Last edited:
You should disable Windows driver auto updates, then remove all drivers, till there no sound drivers-extensions-software components, then install.

A general rule with any modded driver, although personally I don't disable, some of will HAVE to (no choice).
Manual control is the best control, updates you download manually too.

zakalwe

I have been running AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-HDA9517 on my strix z590 for a couple months, I tried the updated pack and when the SB thing opened it said no compatible audio devices (I never even opened or used it until now), have I been using them on the wrong chipset? is there a way to know if they're 'working' with the AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-HDA9517 version? thanks

mite_jan

which version does work on motherboard with realtek usb audio i tried one but the audio driver doesnt install so creative doesnt catch it
i have the msi b650 tomahawk wifi - Realtek® ALC4080 Codec
the driver on their site is Realtek HD Universal Driver 6.3.9600.2353

creative mb5 still not work on ALC4090 - The current selected audio device is disabled, not present, not supported by the application, or has unplugged jack connections.

Latest driver didnt support ALC4090

device id USB\VID_0DB0&PID_36E7&REV_0001&MI_00

mite_jan

looks like this mod works only for the old boards not the new ones which all have usb audio

Not true, many top boards still use HDA, I am not sure why you would bother with USB if you are using stereo only. Multichannel takes up more bandwidth than stereo ever will.
AFAIK those USB models are still an ALC 1220 (or similar such as 1200), but modified to suit a USB, anyhow these APO's are for HDA, not USB.

An APO is essentially a software DSP (digital signal processor), such as Creative MB5. Name a top of the line Creative discrete using USB.

Also to clarify, USB Realtek wont output a better quality than HDA, given the same DAC and so on, in fact potentially worse, due to the lack of supporting APO's.

If anything needs more bandwidth its SPDIF and HDMI, in addition GPUs which output on HDMI, use HDA.

Last edited:

Ruki

The Nahimic app inside the Microsoft Store has been updated to version 1.9.20.

Also as a side note (USB) and not to sound rude, but in order to use more than a 44-48k sample rate, the hardware must be able to work at the given frequency.
Amplifiers and speakers all have frequency response ranges, so for 384k samples, the hardware must respond up to 192khz.

High-Resolution Audio.png

Sample rate /2 = frequency range.

Attachments

• Example 1.png
    Example 1.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Example 2.png
    Example 2.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Example 3.png
    Example 3.png
    336 KB · Views: 91
How can I remap one of my extra back ports to be a headphone jack so I can keep my speakers and my headphones plugged in ?

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Hi
What's about @AAF Optimus, I saw since May, 31st no new Drivers on GitHub anymore... :-/

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Last post I see from AAF related to an update is the 25th May. 31st seems correct (probably a quick edit).

In terms of Realtek, there should be nothing to fix unless there is a specific Realtek issue. I don't myself receive, nor likely does AAF, issues related directly to official Realtek files.
I would guess AAF is now more like myself, and focuses on third party APO's (DTS, Dolby, Other), Realtek file updates wont do much if already working.

Any changes between Realtek APO versions should be subtle, if any, unless there is a bug.

----

It's probably easier if @AAF Optimus released [test] extension packs, that can be installed on his current AAF, that allows users to [test] updates-changes.

Example: Dolby [test] extension update, that installs over the current one, or what not.

====

Windows can also be a bee-itch, in many ways, example: how many of you have residual endpoints?

Render Endpoints.png

That's Realtek and AMD GPU only, 6 total render endpoints.

DTS APO Registry.png

As we can see APO's can-do-will read these entries.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Last post I see from AAF related to an update is the 25th May. 31st seems correct (probably a quick edit).

In terms of Realtek, there should be nothing to fix unless there is a specific Realtek issue. I don't myself receive, nor likely does AAF, issues related directly to official Realtek files.
I would guess AAF is now more like myself, and focuses on third party APO's (DTS, Dolby, Other), Realtek file updates wont do much if already working.

Any changes between Realtek APO versions should be subtle, if any, unless there is a bug.

----

It's probably easier if @AAF Optimus released [test] extension packs, that can be installed on his current AAF, that allows users to [test] updates-changes.

Example: Dolby [test] extension update, that installs over the current one, or what not.

====

Windows can also be a bee-itch, in many ways, example: how many of you have residual endpoints?

View attachment 307759

That's Realtek and AMD GPU only, 6 total render endpoints.

View attachment 307760

As we can see APO's can-do-will read these entries.

Currently it looks so:

DTS Endpoints.png

MMDevices (Render).png

It seems, like I'm havin' more Entries than you xD

Hmm yes you do, probably needs a clean, plus it looks like the Interactive key is misspelled, typo. See below.

DTS APO.png

DTSEnableInteractive | DTSProductType

====

@AAF Optimus, If a driver is uninstalled (and all residual) and disappears from 'device manager', then the audio service and endpoint stopped, Windows should remove residual endpoints.

Device + drivers removed (no device in device manager) >> services stopped >> ** new driver +other added >> services started.

This however does not fix an issue when the previous driver was Windows, it can still keep residual endpoints in the registry, but not after an actual driver uninstall.

** Add other cleanups such as DTS registry data.

----

You can manually stop all audio services, then delete the id's in [Render] and [Capture] and DTS APO [ID] (registry) - Although sometimes you need [Trusted Installer].
Once deleted, restart your computer, the audio services will start as normal and rebuild all the existing endpoints. < Also resets configuration.

ExecTI (winaero.com) < Run apps-other as Trusted Installer.

Last edited:
Hello, i have a Z790 PG-ITX/TB4 (with Realtek ALC4082 ) i connect the audio SPDIF cable to my dolby 5.1 system but windows 11 (last built) only out 2 Channel. What i need to install?

If you want DTS Interactive on USB Realtek, then you can use this pack. Just make sure you follow the instructions for USB, and USB reg.
You can use the HDA setup on Realtek HDA, and other HDA devices such as a GPU (HDMI). USB is different.

My S1220A displays channel numbers in the balance option, USB shows channel id's.

Balance.pngDTS Interactive.png

Disable Windows store updates https://ibb.co/kX3TFC0, uninstall Sound Unbound. Make sure DTS APO Service is running (might be renamed to AAF).

1691402136502.png

You can use 7-Zip * as admin (right click), and delete leftovers before re-installing.

7-Zip as Admin.png

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

Licensed DTS.png