• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Lenovo ideapad 330
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard LENOVO
Cooling LENOVO
Memory 4Gb BUilt in RAM
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics
Storage ST1000LM035-1RK172 500 GB HDD
Hello guys, I have a questions...

I installed the latest DCH-UAD VERSION (6.0.8996.1). The Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive I in the S-PDIF works fine.
But when I play test video for testing 5.1 channel , I noticed that it wasn't able to divide the Front- and Rear-Channel-Speakers from each other.
Rear-Channel-Speakers is no sound in the test video. But when I play other general music, It sounds like stereo.......(The decoding light of the player always lights up)

What can I do...... :cry:
bro how did you installed ..i didnt got dolby and dts .. can you share one pic and steps of installing.

Hey @Alan Finote I have a question. Is it possible to make Nvidia Audio Drivers work with Creative Sound Blaster Connect 720? How? Because I have made Dolby Atmos, DbHTv4, Nahimic and Equalizer APO work with it by editing through FX Configurator but Only Sound Blaster 720 do not work. (Edit: I am using your drivers)

Poking my head in here to say that the Creative SB 720 seems to enhance the footsteps in my headset while playing Battlefield 5. I am sure it does for other games. I still can't say how much better it is now but I want to play it over the 5.1 speakers for comparison. Sometimes you hear footsteps but gauging distance is hard and there is no directional sound to account for vertical relation. It may be possible to acount for dampening by walls or other environmental objects which might aid "positional" awareness but that isn't really as big a challenge as being able to deliver accurate headsots when the person you here finally emerges or pops out. I am still on standard with DTS 5.1 output SPDIF to receiver for music and headset its 1/8" jack on front of my PC for HyperX Cloud Alpha headset. As of right now everything is flawless but I may be addding a newer receiver with HDMI (its still old but supports 7.1 and HDMI. I also added a "gaming" monitor that uses display port. Windows 10 keeps adding drivers for both the display and Nvidia control panels audio handlers....not sure if its degraded my sound. But I do find the Creative suite OK for gaming. Time to play with stuff, maybe break it and re-install????

Anyway having fun! Oss!

Poking my head in here to say that the Creative SB 720 seems to enhance the footsteps in my headset while playing Battlefield 5. I am sure it does for other games. I still can't say how much better it is now but I want to play it over the 5.1 speakers for comparison. Sometimes you hear footsteps but gauging distance is hard and there is no directional sound to account for vertical relation. It may be possible to acount for dampening by walls or other environmental objects which might aid "positional" awareness but that isn't really as big a challenge as being able to deliver accurate headshots when the person you here finally emerges or pops out. I am still on standard with DTS 5.1 output SPDIF to receiver for music and headset its 1/8" jack on front of my PC for HyperX Cloud Alpha headset. As of right now everything is flawless but I may be addding a newer receiver with HDMI (its still old but supports 7.1 and HDMI. I also added a "gaming" monitor that uses display port. Windows 10 keeps adding drivers for both the display and Nvidia control panels audio handlers....not sure if its degraded my sound. But I do find the Creative suite OK for gaming. Time to play with stuff, maybe break it and re-install????

Anyway having fun! Oss!
I am currently using Realtek Audio and Nvidia Audio. Realtek are my main speakers but nvidia handles the HDMI sound which I get through my monitor Audio Jack. And little bit of editing via FX configurator which comes with APO Driver 2.7 for the nvidia to enable audio enhancers over it and voila the audio is loud and clear.

I bit of use an extra Dolby Home Theater v4 PCEE4 which to be honest makes the audio much clearer. Unfortunately Creative SB 720 doesn't work over HDMI. All you need is APO Driver from PureSoft Blog post and edit the configurations to your liking.

I am currently using Realtek Audio and Nvidia Audio. Realtek are my main speakers but nvidia handles the HDMI sound which I get through my monitor Audio Jack. And little bit of editing via FX configurator which comes with APO Driver 2.7 for the nvidia to enable audio enhancers over it and voila the audio is loud and clear.

I bit of use an extra Dolby Home Theater v4 PCEE4 which to be honest makes the audio much clearer. Unfortunately Creative SB 720 doesn't work over HDMI. All you need is APO Driver from PureSoft Blog post and edit the configurations to your liking.
What steps did you follow? I tried to install it but it wasnt working for me. Which base driver did you use for the realtek?
Did you compare Creative cinema5/720 vs pcee4? I would love pcee, simpler if it did stereo to surround speaker fill.

What steps did you follow? I tried to install it but it wasn't working for me. Which base driver did you use for the realtek?
Did you compare Creative cinema5/720 vs pcee4? I would love pcee, simpler if it did stereo to surround speaker fill.
1 . Download APO Driver 2.7 + from Puresoft forum. Search for "APO Driver puresoft"
2 . Install it and then Start the Maintenance Driver (Blue Icon) and Install PCEE4 and Dolby DAX API service but ticking on them.
3. Open FX Configurator which comes with APO driver
4. Select the Endpoint from drop down menu in FX Config.
5. Once selected Press Load config and select the FXSetting.ini & Apply the Config file I shared.
6. Press Restart Audio service drivers in FX config
7. If 5.1/7.1 is selected install Equalizer APO and als install HeSuVi
8. In HeSuVi select Actions>Open Equalizer Configurator and then tick the appropriate sound system.
9. Press no if asked to restart then just Restart HeSuVi app and Restart Audio Services again through FX Configurator or HeSuVi Action menu. Goto it's Additional tab.
10. Your selected system should now be visible. Tick it. Now Your system should have surround sound working even if it's 2.1 system or just headphones.
11. Additionally Install Dolby Home Theater v4 (PCEE4) from https://rb.gy/fseikc. Apply the Reg file that comes with it and then install the software.
If nehamic is installed then do not let it optimize if using it on nvidia hd audio driver.

Basically it would work on any Alan's Drivers. Sometimes it doesn't then we need to add remove GUID in FX configurator or just Install additional APO Driver in Driver Manager (blue Icon). The GUID code of SFX/MFX/LFX setting are already provided with APO Driver which are visible when you hit Load Config button in FX Configurator. CT-MBAPO2-Render is of Crative Cinema5/720 but it only works on realtek driver not on the nvidia hdmi one.

Attachments

• FXSettings.rar
    933 bytes · Views: 279
Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.8gh with 1.245
Motherboard asus tuf gaming z390 - apro
Cooling corsair h100i pro
Memory 24gb @ 3500mhz
Video Card(s) asus rtx 2060 super dual evo oc
Storage 1tb hdd with 360gb ssd
Display(s) lg 27gk750f-b
Case normal
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply cx650
Mouse razer 8khz
Keyboard mechanical
1 . Download APO Driver 2.7 + from Puresoft forum. Search for "APO Driver puresoft"
2 . Install it and then Start the Maintenance Driver (Blue Icon) and Install PCEE4 and Dolby DAX API service but ticking on them.
3. Open FX Configurator which comes with APO driver
4. Select the Endpoint from drop down menu in FX Config.
5. Once selected Press Load config and select the FXSetting.ini & Apply the Config file I shared.
6. Press Restart Audio service drivers in FX config
7. If 5.1/7.1 is selected install Equalizer APO and als install HeSuVi
8. In HeSuVi select Actions>Open Equalizer Configurator and then tick the appropriate sound system.
9. Press no if asked to restart then just Restart HeSuVi app and Restart Audio Services again through FX Configurator or HeSuVi Action menu. Goto it's Additional tab.
10. Your selected system should now be visible. Tick it. Now Your system should have surround sound working even if it's 2.1 system or just headphones.
11. Additionally Install Dolby Home Theater v4 (PCEE4) from https://rb.gy/fseikc. Apply the Reg file that comes with it and then install the software.
If nehamic is installed then do not let it optimize if using it on nvidia hd audio driver.

Basically it would work on any Alan's Drivers. Sometimes it doesn't then we need to add remove GUID in FX configurator or just Install additional APO Driver in Driver Manager (blue Icon). The GUID code of SFX/MFX/LFX setting are already provided with APO Driver which are visible when you hit Load Config button in FX Configurator. CT-MBAPO2-Render is of Crative Cinema5/720 but it only works on realtek driver not on the nvidia hdmi one.
Hey bro do u know how to use viper 4 window with Dolby Atmos ?

System Name My Gamer PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 TUF
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix SportLT 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Geforce RTX 2080 AMP!
Storage SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Samsung UHD 4K 28" 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2
Case AeroCool Aero-1000 White
Audio Device(s) JVC RX-6008V Audio Receiver Dolby/DTS with S-PDIF
Power Supply Corsair TX850 v2 850W single rail
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Thermaltake TteSports Knucker
Software Windows 10 Pro
Change PID and VID values in realtek audio device tweak like this and reboot
View attachment 166583
Thanks. Won't this change the hardware ID to something else ? My audio chip is ALC S1200A. I also searched for the "rtkhdaud.dat " file and it's not found anywhere in my system. Do I need this file ?
I installed the standard driver (APO + DDL/DTS, unchecked everything else).

Cardepils

Hey Alan Finote can you help me please? :( :( :(

I have successfully installed your realtek mod (aaf dch optimus sound 8996.1 HDA) but,
I accidentally clicked the button that I circled in red on the picture
when i restart the computer its all blank, i mean my realtek, sounblaster, sonic studio, and dolby atmos, i cant use it anymore
and then i uninstall all the components optimus sound 8996.1 and install it again
after install optimus sound 8996.1 again and restart computer, i cant still using your driver anymore :(
the HDA not show up, dolby atmos sonic studio soundblaster cant detect the driver
i try to install original realtek driver from the website but still cant use it
any driver im trying to install like djurko, gamespirit, haczilla, your driver, and original driver still there is no change

*im using windows 10*

Untitled.png

my question is :
1. What is the function of the button that I circled in red?
2. How can i use your driver without any problem as before i clicked the red circle button on the image?

Thankyou... Sorry for my english...

Hey Alan Finote can you help me please? :( :( :(

I have successfully installed your realtek mod (aaf dch optimus sound 8996.1 HDA) but,
I accidentally clicked the button that I circled in red on the picture
when i restart the computer its all blank, i mean my realtek, sounblaster, sonic studio, and dolby atmos, i cant use it anymore
and then i uninstall all the components optimus sound 8996.1 and install it again
after install optimus sound 8996.1 again and restart computer, i cant still using your driver anymore :(
the HDA not show up, dolby atmos sonic studio soundblaster cant detect the driver
i try to install original realtek driver from the website but still cant use it
any driver im trying to install like djurko, gamespirit, haczilla, your driver, and original driver still there is no change

*im using windows 10*

View attachment 166831

my question is :
1. What is the function of the button that I circled in red?
2. How can i use your driver without any problem as before i clicked the red circle button on the image?

Thankyou... Sorry for my english...
You ve got installed drivers type dch-uad. In this drivers Realtek Audio Console was installed to manage device. If You want back to classic audio panel install drivers obe more time and during setup choose hda Control panel not Realtek Audio Console uad.other option is set manually in win startup rtkgui.exe

Cardepils

You ve got installed drivers type dch-uad. In this drivers Realtek Audio Console was installed to manage device. If You want back to classic audio panel install drivers obe more time and during setup choose hda Control panel not Realtek Audio Console uad.other option is set manually in win startup rtkgui.exe
i've done that before, first i choose Realtek HD Audio Manager (HDA) restart computer, still no change. so uninstall it
and the second i choose Realtek Audio Console (UAD) restart computer, there is no change :(

even realtek driver original cant be used anymore. before i click that button on "realtek audio device tweak" in accidentally im successfully install djurko driver or gamespirit or haczilla, or alan finote driver :(
that is amazing sound in my speaker setup, im using 7.1 x2 = 14.2 speaker (2 center, 2 subwoofer, 2 front right, 2 front left, 2 side right, 2 side left, 2 rear right, 2 rear left)

and now i cant hear anything, please help me :( :( :(

henri7890

my realtek drivers messed up

Dont install Dolby atmos and Dolby access
Dont detect anything of this "drivers" (i installed this drivers yesterday and worked fine, but idk why pass it).

I try the Standard and partially work, detect the drivers but when i change any options no change is noticed dont work, then i uninstall another time the standard version and reinstall the DCH version and it is as you see is what is happening to me....

i accidentally pressed the button of services (Realtek Audio Device Tweak), see the image, this is the problem??
Captaaura.PNG
Captura.PNG
Caaaaptura.PNG

Dont detect anything of this "drivers" (i installed this drivers yesterday and worked fine, but idk why pass it).

I try the Standard and partially work, detect the drivers but when i change any options no change is noticed dont work, then i uninstall another time the standard version and reinstall the DCH version and it is as you see is what is happening to me....

i accidentally pressed the button of services (Realtek Audio Device Tweak), see the image, this is the problem??View attachment 166850View attachment 166851View attachment 166853
Friend try this, download it on the first page and run it, it will replace the file.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 285

Cardepils

i accidentally pressed the button of services (Realtek Audio Device Tweak), see the image, this is the problem??View attachment 166850View attachment 166851View attachment 166853

Yeah i have the same problem with you bro
please help us :(
for all people in this forum do not ever touch that BUTTON

This button not working.

Processor i7 8700k 4.8gh with 1.245
Motherboard asus tuf gaming z390 - apro
Cooling corsair h100i pro
Memory 24gb @ 3500mhz
Video Card(s) asus rtx 2060 super dual evo oc
Storage 1tb hdd with 360gb ssd
Display(s) lg 27gk750f-b
Case normal
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply cx650
Mouse razer 8khz
Keyboard mechanical
hey bro i can see dolby atmos for headphone in spatial sound but i cant see dolby access app to enable this

I have played Battlefield 5 and now that Creative is NOT working it does in fact help a l;ot knowing where foots steps are coming from? Is there a way to reinstall Creative 720 without re-doing the whole deal? I am not crazy about Creative but it does work. If I could afford it I might buy one of their headsets but mine are OK. I want the license. All these apps are always calling home and checking hardware IDs etc. I believe every consumer show be able to do whatever they want. Corporations want to keeping buying new stuff every year. The endless upgrade cycle!

SPECIAL NOTE: There have been a few posts here lately that seem to lack understanding of what this mod does, why it exists and how to implement it. My opinion is my own I don't speak for Alan but I will speak UP for him because some of the posts were rude or unrealistic. Alan's driver fill a gap so to speak as his software bridges legacy hardware design to current standards because large companies like realtek or Asus or Creative don't support sodtware for long. This is part of "software as a service" trend many corporations adopted to keep theirs hands in your wallet. If you are having issues it may be hard to track and you can get impatient or frustrated. Keep this in mind.

1) Alan is a vounteer doing things for average users. He has been doing it long enough to prove his merit. 2) If your stuff doesnt work its very likely due to Microsofts controls and updates. 3) Be ready and willing to test and repeat but don't blame Alan. 4) I agree Haczilla should stop responding to posts for Alan its confusing. He has his owb thread and none of his crap ever worked for me 5) Welcome to the wonderful word of Windohs drivers, buckle up, it can be a bumpy ride. 6)If your system is running windows 10 and some crappy app doesn't work the way you want it immediately chances are the problem is MS . Learn as much as you can and be polite. Even if your problem is 100% justified we all need to be part of the solution. Windows 10 sneaky updates often include broad changes with no warning! I think it sounds great whoever said Realtek has bad sound is doing it wrong. Seriously I know the US is a failed state and people are angry but font take it on him. Manage your expections. Didnt work this first time? There are too many variables to account for one source as a problem. My personal belief is that user error/ignorance is almost always root problem, then greedy corporate DRM backdoors or the Queen of software drama: Windows10/MS Store (inparticular the malwre contols) Corporations do not want to do their software stuff because they are greedy. Some companies will grab code from git and bundle it as their own. I know confusion and frustration. But this project is an ongoing work in progress not a fixed solution or static concern.

Sorry to rant but I am not alone Creative doesnt work after adding new monitor the HDMI conrols keep getting deffered to nvidia or the monitor drivers which may e why Creative doesnt recoginze. IDK but i dont trust Windows, Realtek, Creative or any other tech company to fix it. Its frustrating for lots of people even with brand new gear. My roomate has the latest Dell Gaming Laptop that uses a Kill NIC card, Windows Update took him offline for a week bc the only way Dell could offer to update the four year old design was snail mail a USB. I fixed it in an hour but was shocked at the lack of driver integration MS touts, it is not working Consumers should rely on KNOWing how to to FIX their own hardware or at least keep it running. If anyone knows how to get 720 suite running again LMK please!
Annotation 2020-08-28 113915.jpg

Last edited:
i've done that before, first i choose Realtek HD Audio Manager (HDA) restart computer, still no change. so uninstall it
and the second i choose Realtek Audio Console (UAD) restart computer, there is no change :(

even realtek driver original cant be used anymore. before i click that button on "realtek audio device tweak" in accidentally im successfully install djurko driver or gamespirit or haczilla, or alan finote driver :(
that is amazing sound in my speaker setup, im using 7.1 x2 = 14.2 speaker (2 center, 2 subwoofer, 2 front right, 2 front left, 2 side right, 2 side left, 2 rear right, 2 rear left)

and now i cant hear anything, please help me :( :( :(
7.1 x2 = 14.2 speaker (2 center, 2 subwoofer, 2 front right, 2 front left, 2 side right, 2 side left, 2 rear right, 2 rear left) ???
o_O

Screenshot

neal123321

Hello guys, I have a questions...

I installed the latest DCH-UAD VERSION (6.0.8996.1). The Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive in S-PDIF works fine.
But when I play test video for testing 5.1 channel , I noticed that it wasn't able to divide the Front- and Rear-Channel-Speakers from each other.
Rear-Channel-Speakers is no sound in the test video. But when I play other general music, It sounds like stereo.......(The decoding light of the player always lights up)

(My device:Z370-F GAMING / SupremeFX S1220A ) :cry:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.8996.1
SOME DRIVERPACK EXTENSIONS AND SOFTWARE COMPONENTS UPDATED
NEW CHANGES

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!