• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
For this one, I will make an installer separately.
Can you please allow for downloading/installing/saving the appx/packages separately? My windows store is sometimes stupid and I end up having to do the whole mierda twice.

Speakers showing up as side in 5.1 intsead of rear...
Should I use the realtek dat file or wait for a fix? I have no clue how to find that setting in the dat editor
1600806630987.png

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
yup thanks man but same thing happens even after I added it using the command as it wasnt there. added it then restarted but same thing. also @Alan Finote why when I record a gameplay video the sound from the gameplay is glitched like you just here stutters but can here my voice clearly. It only started doing this since the last couple updates.

just did a real clean install. went in regedit look for all the service deleted any left overs uninstalled UWPs uninstall the AAF driver software(obviously) restarted then reinstalled AAF driver software and still getting cant connect to RPC service even with the service showing in regit.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
yup thanks man but same thing happens even after I added it using the command as it wasnt there. added it then restarted but same thing. also @Alan Finote why when I record a gameplay video the sound from the gameplay is glitched like you just here stutters but can here my voice clearly. It only started doing this since the last couple updates.

just did a real clean install. went in regedit look for all the service deleted any left overs uninstalled UWPs uninstall the AAF driver software(obviously) restarted then reinstalled AAF driver software and still getting cant connect to RPC service even with the service showing in regit.
Check if the "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" service is running on the Local System account. To check, type Windows + R, type "services.msc", search for the service mentioned, click on the Logon tab and see if the option "Local System Account" is checked.

cannot connect to RPC service in the Realtek audio console after a fresh install of new AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9018.1 (Signed)
Check if the "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" service is running on the Local System account. To check, type Windows + R, type "services.msc", search for the service mentioned, click on the Logon tab and see if the option "Local System Account" is checked.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260

Ok thanks but i figured out from lastnight and yes it was indeed the service but not only, but this "AAFDCHBgSvc64.exe" was also missing after install. So I literally did a fresh install after deleting all things related to your mod from the registry so it cant install fresh...copied over the .exe that was missing, went into services found "AAF DCH Optimus Helper Service" not set to run at all and couldnt start it with the .exe missing from windows32 folder so after copy and pasting "AAFDCHBgSvc64.exe" in the folder it was able to start and I set it to run automatically and that solved the problem just like what you mentioned above. I was soooo sleeoy that i forget to post the fix lastnight after i discovered it. So thanks for you guys reply anyways. Appreciate it.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Where can I find the Playback-Device-Tweak?
The icon is located on the Desktop.
Or how do I switch this green Design to the red ROG-Design?
You can:
1 - Go to the "Realtek Audio Device Tweak" on your Desktop. In the window that opens, uncheck "Customized Platform", save the changes and restart your computer.
2 - Reinstall the driver, but on the Tasks page, select the desired panel (HDA or UAD) and check "Native Support".

TheLastBrunnenG

Registered to say THANK YOU for all your hard work! Though I do need some help before I give up and install a discrete non-Realtek sound card.

Using Windows 10 64-bit on an ASRock Z270 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 motherboard; onboard sound is Realtek ALC1220. Using analog outputs only (no HDMI or optical). I have front speakers, side speakers, and a subwoofer (no center so I turn center off in the sound control panel).

Before installing the AAF drivers I disconnect internet, uninstall any existing drivers, remove any leftovers with Driver Store Explorer, and reboot. After each reinstall I make sure my setup is set to 5.1 Surround in sound control panel & Realtek audio console. All speakers work (separately) when tested in sound control panel & Realtek audio console.

Between cheap speakers and tinnitus, I don't care about perfect sound quality. All I want is to have some kind of speaker fill or stereo-to-5.1 upscaling so that games, stereo MP3s, Youtube, movies etc. will make use of all my speakers, especially that sub. Nothing seems to achieve that.

I tried AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9018.1 (Signed) and of the options I selected only Dolby Atmos. Virtualization had no effect - stereo sources only played though the front speakers.

I tried AAF Optimus Sound 6.0.8960.1 (Signed) with the classic Realtek control panel, and it sort of worked - eventually I got muted sound through the side speakers but nothing via the sub, even after using room correction to boost output to the sub and sides.

I tried other combinations of Sonic Studio, Nahimic, etc. with no results.

Earlier I'd also tried Equalizer APO (zero effect), and pal1000's Realtek UAD Generic drivers (Speaker Fill was visible but had no effect). AAF seems to work the best (super clean install / uninstall!) but still no speaker fill.

Can anyone suggest which AAF driver package to install? And which options to choose (DTS, Nahimic, Atmos, Creative, Sonic Studio, ASIO...)? Extra files I need to install? Anything else I might be doing or not doing to get this fixed? I know this is a lot to ask but I'm at my wits' end - thanks in advance!

PannTher

Hi again,

I have tried everything written above since my last post and cannot get surround sound to work. I think I am the same as TheLastBrunnenG. I am hooked up to a receiver, optical from Alienware Aurora R8.

I can't get surround to work for the life of me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi again,

I have tried everything written above since my last post and cannot get surround sound to work. I think I am the same as TheLastBrunnenG. I am hooked up to a receiver, optical from Alienware Aurora R8.

I can't get surround to work for the life of me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
I'm in the same situation :( the last driver seems to install correctly but even setting the dts encoding the surround speakers are muted, and opening the sound blaster 720 doesn't upscale because the 5.1 option is missing

In the case of room correction, Creative Sound Blaster also has this feature. You can use it:

View attachment 168105
Hi Alan, first of all thanks for your work, second I don't know why my sound blaster is only showing the stereo option like in your pic, I have installed the last driver after deleting older versions and leftovers with the dirverstore app, but even when I select the dts or dolby encoding I only get sound from my front speakers and the surround ones are muted, this with any game or even the windows music player, could you give me a hand? thanks in advance

I've just made an account to thank you, Alan. No complaints from me.

I *do* want to confirm though:

9008.1 no problems, S/PDIF DTS/Dolby fully functioning
9013.1 no problems, S/PDIF DTS/Dolby fully functioning
9018.1 neither of the S/PDIF outputs have DTS/Dolby default format options available

It doesn't affect me because I gave up with optical due to increased latency and upmixing issues.

Realtek HDA, native DTS/Dolby. Nothing else installed.

Gigabyte "GA-Z97X-Gaming GT", ALC1150, Logitech Z906.

@Alan Finote
could u add headphone in normal speaker setting ? since the later driver did not detect front panel at all or they had remove headphone, even when use HDA manager config to not detect, still no headphone config or option.
are there anyway to disable jack detection other than console or manager ? since console did not run for me.

Registered to say THANK YOU for all your hard work! Though I do need some help before I give up and install a discrete non-Realtek sound card.

Using Windows 10 64-bit on an ASRock Z270 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 motherboard; onboard sound is Realtek ALC1220. Using analog outputs only (no HDMI or optical). I have front speakers, side speakers, and a subwoofer (no center so I turn center off in the sound control panel).

Before installing the AAF drivers I disconnect internet, uninstall any existing drivers, remove any leftovers with Driver Store Explorer, and reboot. After each reinstall I make sure my setup is set to 5.1 Surround in sound control panel & Realtek audio console. All speakers work (separately) when tested in sound control panel & Realtek audio console.

Between cheap speakers and tinnitus, I don't care about perfect sound quality. All I want is to have some kind of speaker fill or stereo-to-5.1 upscaling so that games, stereo MP3s, Youtube, movies etc. will make use of all my speakers, especially that sub. Nothing seems to achieve that.

I tried AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9018.1 (Signed) and of the options I selected only Dolby Atmos. Virtualization had no effect - stereo sources only played though the front speakers.

I tried AAF Optimus Sound 6.0.8960.1 (Signed) with the classic Realtek control panel, and it sort of worked - eventually I got muted sound through the side speakers but nothing via the sub, even after using room correction to boost output to the sub and sides.

I tried other combinations of Sonic Studio, Nahimic, etc. with no results.

Earlier I'd also tried Equalizer APO (zero effect), and pal1000's Realtek UAD Generic drivers (Speaker Fill was visible but had no effect). AAF seems to work the best (super clean install / uninstall!) but still no speaker fill.

Can anyone suggest which AAF driver package to install? And which options to choose (DTS, Nahimic, Atmos, Creative, Sonic Studio, ASIO...)? Extra files I need to install? Anything else I might be doing or not doing to get this fixed? I know this is a lot to ask but I'm at my wits' end - thanks in advance!
its quite a hassle for ALC1220, u will need very old driver to get it work, ms's driver. some of later dolby need to detect headphone but the later driver broke jack detection and no headphone config at all.
u can try disable jack detection and this is working in some version after 6.0.8960

I've just made an account to thank you, Alan. No complaints from me.

I *do* want to confirm though:

9008.1 no problems, S/PDIF DTS/Dolby fully functioning
9013.1 no problems, S/PDIF DTS/Dolby fully functioning
9018.1 neither of the S/PDIF outputs have DTS/Dolby default format options available

It doesn't affect me because I gave up with optical due to increased latency and upmixing issues.

Realtek HDA, native DTS/Dolby. Nothing else installed.

Gigabyte "GA-Z97X-Gaming GT", ALC1150, Logitech Z906.
Hi Stone D, does the DTS and Dolby works through the analog 3.5mm connections?, is the sound quality of analog better than optical? I'm seriously thinking on moving on from the S/PDIF optical connections as none of the latest drivers works for me and a fresh win10 install it's not an option for me right now, I have a Crosshair VIII Wifi with a Z906 and I like to use the optical connection but now even if I install newer or older drivers I can´t get the surround sound on rear speakers, they only work when I play a movie that´s encoded with dts/dolby audio, I remember that before I could play games and hear surround sound from all the speakers but not anymore :(

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Hi Stone D, does the DTS and Dolby works through the analog 3.5mm connections?, is the sound quality of analog better than optical? I'm seriously thinking on moving on from the S/PDIF optical connections as none of the latest drivers works for me and a fresh win10 install it's not an option for me right now, I have a Crosshair VIII Wifi with a Z906 and I like to use the optical connection but now even if I install newer or older drivers I can´t get the surround sound on rear speakers, they only work when I play a movie that´s encoded with dts/dolby audio, I remember that before I could play games and hear surround sound from all the speakers but not anymore :(

A further "Crosshair-Gamer"? My MoBo is the Crosshair VI Extreme xD

A further "Crosshair-Gamer"? My MoBo is the Crosshair VI Extreme xD
Yep :), very nice MB but I've been struggling to make the 5.1 works, I´m considering change from digital to analog connectors, but I don´t know if the digital content will be played correctly in my audio system and don´t know either if the quality is better or worse with analog 3.5mm cables

Beda

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.9018.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP UPDATED
SONIC STUDIO 3 APP UPDATED
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

Thank you very much, with this version DTS on the Relaltek chips works perfectly!!!, you are a real PRO men

1. You could do one or two restarts to be sure Realtek driver (de-)installation will be really finished.
  2. Use DriverStoreExplorer (start with admin rights) to delete driver rests & force deinstallation when error comes.
  3. Restart PC into Windows 10 without internet connection.
  4. Install DCH driver. Check driver installation. If wasn't succsessful use "start as administrator" to install driver.
  5. Restart PC and check again if driver is "DCH Optimus". If yes, then activate internet connection. If not, go to 2.
  6. If Windows overwrites the DCH driver, go to device manager and "revert back to last driver".
  7. Alternatively if 5. fails, use 7-zip to unpack driver in a folder of your choice & update driver via device manager from this folder.
Good luck!

If there's a problem by something in the list, tell it and write 'till then it was good' & where's the problem now (maybe with error code).

P.S.
Oh I see you take ownership of the folder. That was no good idea. So your PC has now problem.
  • Make an USB-stick with MCT using same Windows 10 Version (1909 or 2004 or ...) as your build now is.
  • Start installing Windows from that USB-Stick while you are in your actual Win10.
  • Don't overwrite/delete Windows, but do a repair installtion otherwise with that method.
  • You should not loose files or data, if the installation was successful, but backup is always good to be done before changes.
In the future use "additional admin rights" as normal user for deleting drivers (like I wrote above).
Hi, I tried this several times without success :(, the Driver is installed correctly and the DTS option is set on the realtek console, but the sound on my rear speakers is missing, and opening the sound blaster connect app to upscale the speaker config has no effect because it only shows the stereo option, no 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 options are available, I wonder what could be wrong :confused:

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
@SGZ12
Speakers showing up as side in 5.1 intsead of rear...
This is typical (I called) "Bug" of Realtek driver from the last decade.
You have to exchange the 3.5" plug of rears with the sides.

If you use M$ driver instead, re-plug/exchange back. ;)

@robnitro
The sound then is not more worse with sides listen from the rear, because this is Dolby default.
M$ follows Dolby default specs, Realtek (since some years) not. :mad:

@SGZ12
This is typical (I called) "Bug" of Realtek driver from the last decade.
You have to exchange the 3.5" plug of rears with the sides.

If you use M$ driver instead, re-plug/exchange back. ;)

@robnitro
The sound then is not more worse with sides listen from the rear, because this is Dolby default.
M$ follows Dolby default specs, Realtek (since some years) not. :mad:
Hi Tanzmusikus, it seems that I didn't explain very well I'm using the s/pdif optical connectio, I haven't tried 3.5mm becasuse before upgrading the driver I was getting 5.1 surround sound on every speaker(maybe I mistook side with rear speakers in my previous post), with the upscaling option that comes with the creative connect software, games and music were playing nice, but now I can't get the dts or dolby, even when the option is selected on the realtek console s/pdif device, I can select the DTS thats intended to get the 5.1 to work, but I get only stereo sound on music, games etc. is frustrating

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
This is additional to my last post.

I mean - this is Dolby 5.1 default:

But in Realtek drivers default is "Surround L+R" (sides) shown as "Rear Surround L+R".

@SGZ12
Okay, I only remember the picture from robnitro ...

... and this seems to be analogue or HDMI.
I have never seen the "configuration setup" for S/PDIF. So what I told has nothing to do with S/PDIF (incl. TOSLINK).

Hi Alan, first of all thanks for your work, second I don't know why my sound blaster is only showing the stereo option like in your pic, I have installed the last driver after deleting older versions and leftovers with the dirverstore app, but even when I select the dts or dolby encoding I only get sound from my front speakers and the surround ones are muted, this with any game or even the windows music player, could you give me a hand? thanks in advance
I cannot help you with this. This is @Alan Finote 's driver. Maybe there's something wrong, a tool must be used or an option should be set.

Perhaps I had the same problems last week. Which driver (DCH, APO, ...) do you use & which choices you made by installation?

This is additional to my last post.

I mean - this is Dolby 5.1 default:

But in Realtek drivers default is "Surround L+R" (sides) shown as "Rear Surround L+R".

@SGZ12
Okay, I only remember the picture from robnitro ...

... and this seems to be analogue or HDMI.
I have never seen the "configuration setup" for S/PDIF. So what I told has nothing to do with S/PDIF (incl. TOSLINK).

I cannot help you with this. This is @Alan Finote 's driver. Maybe there's something wrong, a tool must be used or an option should be set.

Perhaps I had the same problems last week. Which driver (DCH, APO, ...) do you use & which choices you made by installation?
Thanks for your answer
I used the last driver AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9018.1 and the options selected when install are
UAD driver with dts, creative 720, dolby and sonic studio 3, there are no error messages or something that seems wrong, except from the fact that the sound only comes from the front speakers and the sound blaster app only shows stereo option
1600978863635.png

1600978799072.png

System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
there are no error messages or something that seems wrong, except from the fact that the sound only comes from the front speakers and the sound blaster app only shows stereo option
I don't know this SB software, because I don't own a SB card. You could first look for yourself.
In (1. picture) Windows device properties -> go to "Device advanced settings", if DTS-C was setted correctly.
In (2. picture) SB-C app -> go to "Settings" and look for a 5.1 option.

Do you have a 5.1 source for trying out real audio test?
If not, try this: https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html