• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Processor W3520 Xeon
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth X58
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Storage 60Gb Vertex II 500Gb storage
Display(s) LG 42LH40 42" 1080P
Case 932 HAF
Audio Device(s) Voices in my head
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Benchmark Scores Pretty High one's. but it's not a contest/ I just read them for the articles.
He was saying there is no one reason he is adding other than the fact that he enjoys to continue to add to the WCG effort. If he has to cycle (as in ride a bike) or eat less junk food to build another rig- so be it. :toast: KieX

It must be exciting to get 20 duals added to one's 'farm', but I haven't seen the top members with their own personal farms post up so much about their contributions, broski.

it should be considered a farm if one maintains it himself and procures it himself... i'm all about getting as many computers on wcg as possible but maybe it should be put under the school's name on the tpu team?:ohwell:

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
it should be considered a farm if one maintains it himself and procures it himself... i'm all about getting as many computers on wcg as possible but maybe it should be put under the school's name on the tpu team?:ohwell:

I don't want to touch that, but I hear what you're saying :laugh: Im glad the computers were added to the WCG effort, and am happy they went on to our team :toast:

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Benchmark Scores Pretty High one's. but it's not a contest/ I just read them for the articles.
I don't want to touch that, but I hear what you're saying :laugh: Im glad the computers were added to the WCG effort, and am happy they went on to our team :toast:

don't get me wrong Ion's a great guy and contributes to the cause like no other:rockout:
but, for those of us who have to buy the components and maintain them and piece everything together it gets frustrating. I take a lot of pride from the amount that i can contribute. But to make it fair for the rest i just think those "donated computers" should be put under that schools name and keep them on our team!:toast:
It's like playing a game on a level field!

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard ASSRockzz z77TOTHEEXTREME!!!!
Cooling bleh
Memory 2x4gb crucial 1866
Video Card(s) HD7770, yes it does BF3
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Case whats that, oh my table
Audio Device(s) stock onboard thing
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
don't get me wrong Ion's a great guy and contributes to the cause like no other:rockout:
but, for those of us who have to buy the components and maintain them and piece everything together it gets frustrating. I take a lot of pride from the amount that i can contribute. But to make it fair for the rest i just think those "donated computers" should be put under that schools name and keep them on our team!:toast:

and now comes the big question,,,,would YOU or anyone else put it under their own name

i know i would, i'll admit id like 20+ c2ds under my name too :D

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
and now comes the big question,,,,would YOU or anyone else put it under their own name

i know i would, i'll admit id like 20+ c2ds under my name too :D

No i wouldn't i would give the school or organization that is donating it the credit!:eek:

theonedub

habe fidem
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Yeah it makes it tough, but there's no real competition here :) Just keep doing what you're doing (you've been doing a particularly great job lately, Gary :respect:)

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Motherboard Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Storage Crucial M4 7mm 256GB
Display(s) 13"
Software Windows 8 Pro x64
He was saying there is no one reason he is adding other than the fact that he enjoys to continue to add to the WCG effort. If he has to cycle (as in ride a bike) or eat less junk food to build another rig- so be it. :toast: KieX

It must be exciting to get 20 duals added to one's 'farm', but I haven't seen the top members with their own personal farms post up so much about their contributions, broski.

Thanks for translating :laugh: I get quite bad at expressing myself when I stay up late.

Know what you mean. But I don't feel strongly for or against that. Those rigs are up because he sought after getting the permission to do so and his time to get them setup, so he does have some justification in using them under his name. It is also true though that it's the locale paying the electricity and upkeep and has it's right to use it's name (but it would be easier to keep him from overtaking me).

I'll leave that to his call, because I don't think either choice is particulary more "right" than the other.

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Yeah it makes it tough, but there's no real competition here :) Just keep doing what you're doing (you've been doing a particularly great job lately, Gary :respect:)

I view as a friendly competition between friends to help motivate each other to be more productive! I KNOW their are people on our team that i can never catch up too... but it motivates me and i think others too, to try harder... if not why are we implementing the stars? ;)

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
I'll leave that to his call, because I don't think either choice is particulary more "right" than the other.

either way i consider him a bud this wasn't about bashing him... i am just for some common standards that we can all compete fairly!

Processor just a few i7's all AMD's gone to friends
Motherboard Mother F%#@& am I board
Cooling It's called Alberta Canada.
Memory Don't remember.
Video Card(s) Hope for blckjack
Storage hurt my toe's when droped
Display(s) never big enough
Case I think they call it a lost case
Audio Device(s) What speek up I'm old.
Power Supply Good old coffee
Software when you get this old everything is soft
Benchmark Scores Always on the bench never on the field.
My Farm fits on my desk, but give Ion a little slack. What he has done is great and if he wants to toot his own horn great for him.:)

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Display(s) 13"
either way i consider him a bud this wasn't about bashing him... i am just for some common standards that we can all compete fairly!

Yup, understand what you mean.

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Now don't you guy's start thinking i'm an a$$hole lol... i just wanted to bring up a topic about crunching that was bothering me that's all... hell i give away all that i can to help a fellow cruncher!

theonedub

habe fidem
I view as a friendly competition between friends to help motivate each other to be more productive! I KNOW their are people on our team that i can never catch up too... but it motivates me and i think others too, to try harder... if not why are we implementing the stars? ;)

Exactly, its just a friendly competition. The stars make it easier to keep track :laugh:

Ion put in the effort, and really wants those badges (at least from what I deduce from his posts) so I say let him do what he wants. I was a little tired of 8+ updates/day about them though, humble pie time? :p

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
System Name Niedersachsen / Ribe / Minsk
Processor i3 3240 / i7-3520M / 4x Opteron 6376 @ 2.86GHz
Motherboard BIOSTAR H61M / HP Q77 / Supermicro H8QG7
Cooling Stock / Stock / 4x 1U G34
Memory 1x8GB / 2x4GB / 4x4GB
Video Card(s) GTX260 / Intel HD 4000 / nVidia GT310
Storage 80GB Intel SSD / 256GB Intel SSD / 2x 60GB SSD (RAID1)
Display(s) Dell 3007 + HP 2245w / 12.1" 1366x768 / None
Case Antec NSK3480 / HP / Supermicro 1U
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 500W / HP 130W / Supermicro Gold 1400W
Keyboard IBM Model M
Software Windows 7 (Niedersachsen/Ribe) / Linux Mint 17.2 (Minsk)
They get billed for elec on a fixed rate, so this costs them nothing ;)

I think it's reasonable to have them under my name, I went to the trouble to seek out permission and to get them all going. Without this, they'd all just be sitting idle.

And I'm 16 and normally I'd have no way of getting great PPD. My sig rig can only run part-time due to power usage, and everything else I have going is relatively slow.

I think it's fair that I should get the credit from them, although I can certainly stop mentioning it as much. I've just been hyper-excited, sorry :ohwell:

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Display(s) 13"
Now don't you guy's start thinking i'm an a$$hole lol... i just wanted to bring up a topic about crunching that was bothering me that's all... hell i give away all that i can to help a fellow cruncher!

Honestly, your own dedication I think makes you a very deserved winner of that contest we had a while back. You have my respect for putting so much into it even when you have a great family to take care of. :respect::respect:

Processor W3520 Xeon
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Case 932 HAF
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
They get billed for elec on a fixed rate, so this costs them nothing ;)

I think it's reasonable to have them under my name, I went to the trouble to seek out permission and to get them all going. Without this, they'd all just be sitting idle.

And I'm 16 and normally I'd have no way of getting great PPD. My sig rig can only run part-time due to power usage, and everything else I have going is relatively slow.

I think it's fair that I should get the credit from them, although I can certainly stop mentioning it as much. I've just been hyper-excited, sorry :ohwell:

like i said i consider you a buddy and wasn't bashing you at all... you did take the time to get them running and it is your call what name they go under.:toast:

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard IBM Model M
like i said i consider you a buddy and wasn't bashing you at all... you did take the time to get them running and it is your call what name they go under.:toast:

Oh, I understand that you guys weren't bashing me, no offence taken, I just wanted to explain my position ;)

Processor just a few i7's all AMD's gone to friends
Motherboard Mother F%#@& am I board
Cooling It's called Alberta Canada.
Memory Don't remember.
Video Card(s) Hope for blckjack
Storage hurt my toe's when droped
Display(s) never big enough
Case I think they call it a lost case
Audio Device(s) What speek up I'm old.
Power Supply Good old coffee
Software when you get this old everything is soft
Benchmark Scores Always on the bench never on the field.
@ Ion any tips on how to get the western canada lottery corp to put there rigs under my name. My sis is a big dog there and has much pull.:)
I'm not kidding

Last edited:

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard IBM Model M
Maybe tell them about what WCG is and what it does, and how they could help? That would be very cool :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
12K for the 5 star badge? You catching me up? Daily pie? Meh, I will take any excuse to add computers to the WCG effort. It's something I really care about so I'm happy to put whatever I can into it. And if as a result I force myself to cycle and eat a little bit less junk food as a result... I'm sure it'll be better for my health :laugh:

Sounds reasonable to me, maybe I should start making WCG the cause of my diet. Sell my car and with the money I'll buy some rigs. Then just walk to and from work. :) Then I'll just waste all my money on upgrades so then I have to live of Ramen Noodles LOL.

As far as ION, he is 16 and at that age it's hard to work or work at a job that pays good money. I really appreciate what the kid is doing here and all the trouble he's going throuh to raise his and our output. I do understand what each and everyone of you is saying. You think I don't see that and say, shit!! I gotta spend like 3k in rigs to match that output while he's getting it for free. But it is what it is, he has the way to do it then why not? Whether his name or not, it's under TPU and it's for the same cause. So having said that, here's to ION and his "kinda his" farm :D :p

Plus, all the trouble with his parents to have the rigs crunching and buy cards for folding? He's been kicked out of his house like ten times already because of that, gotta cut him some slack you know.

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
System Name el'lappy|Cruncher | Cruncher 2
Processor intel C2D T6400 | i7 3770k @4.2ghz | AII X2 220 @3.4ghz
Motherboard some Acer | Asus P8Z77-V Pro |Gigabyter GA-M61p-S3
Cooling dual 80mm cooling fan | WC'ing ) |cheapo
Memory 2x2gb ddr3 | 2x2gb Ripjaws 1600 |4x512mb D9s
Video Card(s) onboard | 60 1GB(hd7770 ) |8800GTS
Storage Momuntus xt 320gb |Kingston Hyper X 120gb SATA III|500gb WD
Display(s) 17in | 42" 1080P HD 3D TV
Case lappy case | CM HAF XB |none yet
Audio Device(s) onboard | onboard | onboard
Power Supply Dell brick w/ acer end end | Antec EW 650w |Antec SP 350w(upg.soon)
Software Windows 7 Ult. 64bit---->------->
if i could get my school to crunch for me i would have ~50 AII X2's crunching for me.That would be a hell of nice output since they run nearly 24/7. I don't see any chance of getting them to do it.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I think it's great that people are harnessing the untold power of dozens of PCs sitting around in an office, but I'm not sure I could handle that. I would imagine if something went wrong with one of the PCs, they would be inclined to blame WCG—AKA you.

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
You are stopping?

Na, just a quick bit of fund-juggling then I'll be back. Not as bad as I thought, only an extra £10 GBP a week on the electric.

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard IBM Model M
Net access has indeed gone out at 5 AM Sunday. It's back, all of the rigs should be reporting between 1 and 2 days of work each now :toast:

1 system was off, but all of the others were just sitting idle :ohwell:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
I think it's great that people are harnessing the untold power of dozens of PCs sitting around in an office, but I'm not sure I could handle that. I would imagine if something went wrong with one of the PCs, they would be inclined to blame WCG—AKA you.
Yeah, that's one thing most people would probably so: :(
Na, just a quick bit of fund-juggling then I'll be back. Not as bad as I thought, only an extra £10 GBP a week on the electric.
Ah ok, well hope to see you back soon!

Net access has indeed gone out at 5 AM Sunday. It's back, all of the rigs should be reporting between 1 and 2 days of work each now :toast:

1 system was off, but all of the others were just sitting idle :ohwell:
Good news! Today should be good. :toast: