• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Oh hell yeah, loaded it up at default values and the tick was driving me crazy, looked into it and found a good message board with the values I needed, didn't take much to fix it and make it look pristine. The worst part is I had to convert all the screenshots, the game takes them in .tga format
You can similarly modify the original Prey game, which isn't sold on steam anymore but keys still exist out there on 3rd party key sites for <$5. Also, it works on Doom 3 non-BFG, of course.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Thats funny in a way cause out of everything they done meh or wrong in D3 combat is something they done right imo.
To me D3's fluid and smooth combat is still top tier in ARPGs and one of the reasons why I still keep going back for 2-3 weeks each season. 'its just satisfying/addicting to mass murder demons like that'

On the other end PoE's combat and animation always felt off/un polished and never liked it, had the same feeling when I played it last time in metamorph league. 'idk if its different now since I had no reason to go back to the game'

Other game that impressed me with its combat style and animations was Lost Ark when I played it on the Russian server.
It just felt really well done and impactful/pleasing to the eyes. 'still waiting for this damn game to come to NA/EU..'

I guess it all comes down to personal preference tho.

You know- you're right.
Diablo 3 does play the smoothest of them all. It is satisfying to watch all the flashy stuff going on. It looks the part. But its also, I don't know, somehow inconsequential if the game 'behind' the graphics and smoothness is bland and shallow. Its a bit like those quicktime events where you need to press a series of buttons that pop up on screen. The fun just wears off after seeing those many millions worth of damage just flying around effortlessly. It doesn't really matter what map, or boss, or environment you're in. You just mash that rotation and dodge the onehitters.

I played over a 200 hours of D3 and revisited the game when the xpac came out, tried to find the depth to the game, but every character I rolled devolved into a same buttonmash frenzy and because things can be changed on the fly, nothing really sticks out. Its a bit like respeccing and going 'oh, yay, this does the same damage as what I had., I guess I succeeded'.

Enjoyable? I couldn't agree more and I did enjoy it, might even go back to it again briefly to just 'do it' for a while. But for me it didn't last, and then the time investment sort of evaporates, makes you wonder why you progress further, etc. What's there to see? A bunch of grinds and hunting those last few % of damage. PoE and GD but also D2 really have a different vibe in that sense. The stuff that drops is actually inspiring. It makes you not want to keep grinding the same crap, but rather reroll and try new things. Some items are straight up silly, others are somehow gimped but otherwise very strong; That's the itemization D3 has never managed to get into the game, and with the meagre class selections on top, with no single class locking you into any sort of build, there is no consequence to any choice you make in the game but it STILL presents a massive time sink to grind on. Feels a bit like chasing carrots instead of being creative and watching it work out.

Last edited:
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
You know- you're right.
Diablo 3 does play the smoothest of them all. It is satisfying to watch all the flashy stuff going on. It looks the part. But its also, I don't know, somehow inconsequential if the game 'behind' the graphics and smoothness is bland and shallow. Its a bit like those quicktime events where you need to press a series of buttons that pop up on screen. The fun just wears off after seeing those many millions worth of damage just flying around effortlessly. It doesn't really matter what map, or boss, or environment you're in. You just mash that rotation and dodge the onehitters.

I played over a 200 hours of D3 and revisited the game when the xpac came out, tried to find the depth to the game, but every character I rolled devolved into a same buttonmash frenzy and because things can be changed on the fly, nothing really sticks out. Its a bit like respeccing and going 'oh, yay, this does the same damage as what I had., I guess I succeeded'.

Enjoyable? I couldn't agree more and I did enjoy it, might even go back to it again briefly to just 'do it' for a while. But for me it didn't last, and then the time investment sort of evaporates, makes you wonder why you progress further, etc. What's there to see? A bunch of grinds and hunting those last few % of damage. PoE and GD but also D2 really have a different vibe in that sense. The stuff that drops is actually inspiring. It makes you not want to keep grinding the same crap, but rather reroll and try new things. Some items are straight up silly, others are somehow gimped but otherwise very strong; That's the itemization D3 has never managed to get into the game, and with the meagre class selections on top, with no single class locking you into any sort of build, there is no consequence to any choice you make in the game but it STILL presents a massive time sink to grind on. Feels a bit like chasing carrots instead of being creative and watching it work out.

Nah, I'm not really here to be right or something.
I'm just sharing my point of view and experience, in that regard everyone can be right.:) 'this is how I use/treat forums in general'

I'm closing on ~3000 hours in D3 since day 1 which is almost 9 years so its not that much but enough to not fall out of the loop.

You know I'm a simple person and thats how I treat my gaming time too.
Do I have fun while playing and do I feel like playing the next day?
If the answer is yes to those then the game is fine with me and I pretty much ignore side details/whatever issues that does not bother me.

That being said I'm not blind to the problems with D3, even nowadays with all of the changes since the relase its still a rather simple game with flavor of month builds when they buff stuff and generally increase the power creep. 'Blizz likes to do that'

What I do is play solo and set my own goals so I'm not just playing for nothing, in the current season my personal goal was to reach GR 130 at least with a Hardcore Necro 'with the current meta build',ended up reaching 132 then put down the game till the next season. 'Paragon/EXP grind does not interest me at all'
Playing that way I find it fun, but to have it as a main game hell no.

I also play a different build in each season so its not all the same, sometimes meta builds sometimes a bit weaker but fun off meta builds like some of the Legacy of dream builds. 'non set builds basically'

I still have the most hours played in D3 after D2, second ones are most likely Titan Quest and Grim Dawn hand to hand then Sacred 2. 'yup I used to play that game a lot back in the days,even own the box copy'

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Glad to finally be finishing Metro Exodus, which is one of the dullest games I've ever played. I especially hated the dark and dingy metro which did nothing for me except induce a nauseating sense of claustrophobia.
Highly overrated, except for the graphics, which are superb.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning nowadays. There are too many things to say about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but Re-Reckoning is a new way to play a classic leading role-playing game back in 2012. There are lots of opportunities in the game which you can delve into. Hundreds of hours of stories, quests, dungeons and much more.

If you are familiar with classic Reckoning, and if you played it like you are living in Amalur, you should play Re-Reckoning, too. I read a lot of comments about the game, which they are saying they didn't even improve the graphics. Then I tried it, found out that these comments are not real. There is an improvement in the graphics. Really.

And, come on, R.A. Salvatore, Ken Rolstone, Grant Kirkhope, Todd McFarlane... These persons should remind you something; you played games, listen to tracks, read comics and stories which they created before! And the dev team are doing a really good job with Re-Reckoning.

Combat, Fateshifting and Reckoning Mode still works amazingly nowadays, and Re-Reckoning shows this approach of role-playing games doesn't die. It also has really different character development phases which you may not experience before if you haven't played it yet. There are Destinies, you can choose Might, Finesse or Sorcery. However, you can go hybrid, too, and all of these Destinies you choose, while you are developing your character, will provide you with bonuses. And more, and more...

Go, and give it a shot. Trust me, this will be the best money spent.

Cheers!

I played through the original and it was fine. Tried Re-Reckoning and it just didn't feel like it was worth it. Had the combat been interesting (which it IMO never was) it would have been fine, but as it stands nah.

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
I played through the original and it was fine. Tried Re-Reckoning and it just didn't feel like it was worth it. Had the combat been interesting (which it IMO never was) it would have been fine, but as it stands nah.
Well, it doesn't feel like a classic, yes. I agree with that, however, it is nice to play it again with improved graphics. If anyone wants to play this game for the first time, should definitely try this one.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Ive been playing a bunch of snowrunner since i got it on the epic sale great game 10/10 ign
Looks nice as well
1614245841483.png

Last edited:
System Name Nilin
Processor Ryzen 9 5800x
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
Memory G. Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage Samsung Evo 960 250gb (System), Samsung Evo 860 500gb (Misc), Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb (Games)
Display(s) LG 27" UHD IPS, LG Ultragear 27" WQHD Nano IPS
Case InWin 303 (7x Fractal Prisma 120mm)
Power Supply Tt Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 3
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21022952 (old system)
Started playing Shining Force 2 on Steam`s Sega Genesis Classics.
Its fun so far, even tho its barely beginning.
In those turn based games I hate how You lose You character forever when they die in battle.
No such problem in SF2 :p
Capture.JPG

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I just started HZD and I thoroughly love it. Basically in the prologue. I also generally don't like playing as a female but I absolutely love Aloy.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2021-2-24-20-38-45.jpg

There's this game with dices. Pretty good

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Nah, I'm not really here to be right or something.
I'm just sharing my point of view and experience, in that regard everyone can be right.:) 'this is how I use/treat forums in general'

I'm closing on ~3000 hours in D3 since day 1 which is almost 9 years so its not that much but enough to not fall out of the loop.

You know I'm a simple person and thats how I treat my gaming time too.
Do I have fun while playing and do I feel like playing the next day?
If the answer is yes to those then the game is fine with me and I pretty much ignore side details/whatever issues that does not bother me.

That being said I'm not blind to the problems with D3, even nowadays with all of the changes since the relase its still a rather simple game with flavor of month builds when they buff stuff and generally increase the power creep. 'Blizz likes to do that'

What I do is play solo and set my own goals so I'm not just playing for nothing, in the current season my personal goal was to reach GR 130 at least with a Hardcore Necro 'with the current meta build',ended up reaching 132 then put down the game till the next season. 'Paragon/EXP grind does not interest me at all'
Playing that way I find it fun, but to have it as a main game hell no.

I also play a different build in each season so its not all the same, sometimes meta builds sometimes a bit weaker but fun off meta builds like some of the Legacy of dream builds. 'non set builds basically'

I still have the most hours played in D3 after D2, second ones are most likely Titan Quest and Grim Dawn hand to hand then Sacred 2. 'yup I used to play that game a lot back in the days,even own the box copy'

Funny then because we really identify the same problems at its core, and still both enjoy(ed) the game.

Maybe its just good for what it does, and maybe we should just view it as a different kind of ARPG, while the rest is the actual norm? That's actually quite an epiphany tbh, not joking. D3 does execute the simple ARPG best and does a decent job at keeping the same stuff rather nice to go through. But that's really what also echoes alongside the power creep in most Blizzard games. Somehow, they manage(d) to make something that is just plays well. Not like how most shooters 'play well' or anything, or how how a racing game 'plays well'. Blizzard's like that chicken nugget at McDonalds. Its always the same thing, the recipe is strictly defined, and you can always eat one. And on top of that, at the same time you really can't say why, the meat is mushy, the crust goes soft after a few minutes, but you still eat one.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Funny then because we really identify the same problems at its core, and still both enjoy(ed) the game.

Maybe its just good for what it does, and maybe we should just view it as a different kind of ARPG, while the rest is the actual norm? That's actually quite an epiphany tbh, not joking. D3 does execute the simple ARPG best and does a decent job at keeping the same stuff rather nice to go through. But that's really what also echoes alongside the power creep in most Blizzard games. Somehow, they manage(d) to make something that is just plays well. Not like how most shooters 'play well' or anything, or how how a racing game 'plays well'. Blizzard's like that chicken nugget at McDonalds. Its always the same thing, the recipe is strictly defined, and you can always eat one. And on top of that, at the same time you really can't say why, the meat is mushy, the crust goes soft after a few minutes, but you still eat one.

Yup pretty much.
I stoped trying to make D3 for anything else than what it is, I don't want to pull an Nvidia/leather jacket here but yea it jus works. :laugh:

Nothing fancy just simple fun, blast some mobs grind for some gear/set goals and whatnot.
Ofc some ppl put in crazy hours but eh imo this game doesn't worth that much when there are so many other games to play.
Thats why I play it the way I do, get my stuff done/get my fix then get out.

I guess I feel the same about fun arcade-ish shooters like Serious Sam/DOOM/Shadow Warrior. 'sorry I can't relate to the McDonalds example as I eat 1 hamburger/year or so:D'
They are just fun to play cause they are good at what they are meant/designed for,no more no less.

In a sense its a shame cause Blizz has this game that does play really well but its lacking, they have the potential to make something truly great but its not happening. 'GD+D3 both good parts mixed, now thats something I would play a lot..'

Well we are talking about a nearly 9 years old game at this point so lets see how D4 turns out when its done.
I will definitely get it on day 1 cause I don't think that I wont have my fun with it my way but I do hope that its a bit more than that.

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K + Lenovo L32p-30
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
It looks like some additional Sony PS exclusives will be coming to PC. That's one way to sway me away from buying PS5.
Dunno about the newest ones but FF VII Remake is coming to PC according to rumors :)

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Glad to finally be finishing Metro Exodus, which is one of the dullest games I've ever played. I especially hated the dark and dingy metro which did nothing for me except induce a nauseating sense of claustrophobia.
Never thought I'd see someone say that.

It is a pretty slow game. The design overall is pretty dated, too. There's nothing revolutionary there. It looks and plays like an ambitious project by a small studio.

Personally I really enjoy the mechanics, I thought they did a great job of balancing when you have to do the footwork of figuring things out. They don't hold your hand much so you have to pay attention to everything. It has a flow, you have to plan. The way that everything is structured/paced combined with the way that choices in how the map, gui, and general directing was handled give way to this "lost in the wilderness" gestalt that I just love. When I play Exodus, I really feel lost in dangerous and unfamiliar places and it's rare for games to get me on that.

I appreciate the lack of padding and rails a lot in a story-driven game, cutscenes alone are never enough to put me on the journey. Exodus manages to still be linear enough to carry the story, while giving a strong sense of challenge and freedom. All too often I think devs are afraid of players 'missing' things in the story or getting fed-up, and thus play it safe. Metro will let you completely screw yourself at any point in the story. The bulk of it isn't just handed to you. They really make sure you are playing the game, not just hitting beats. It can be very unforgiving of neglecting anything in the core game. You better earn those story beats!

I think I dug the claustrophobic vibe, too. Between the slow pacing and lots of sort of convoluted and confined spaces, I genuinely tensed up about potential or even known threats. There are passages as well as emergent things that can happen in the game that STILL give me that rush of like "...shit. shit. shitshitSHIT" The look and atmosphere definitely helped. Maybe I just have bad taste but I LOVE all of those dark and dingy places. Most of them are packed with detail, pretty intricately arranged, though obviously they're made to look strewn. As I explored I found many satisfying sights.

I dunno, it's a slow burner. But I think the environments (levels, pacing of exploration, and world designs,) the story, and mixture of gameplay elements were great. I also love that clunky feel. I might be one of the few people that enjoys how tedious traversal can be, or how unreliable the wacky and interesting-looking weapons are. It really feels like a struggle to survive with nothing but a heavy ass backpack full of half broken shit and 3 full-size weapons. It's precarious and difficult. Most games just are not real to me, so it's not a big dilemma whether or not to explore a spot. Metro will make me hesitate before confrontations.

I'm really just tryna say I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it! In all fairness it's not the most accessible series of games. Similar to Stalker. Those of us that like it think it's the best thing ever. Everyone else just wonders what the big deal is. Exodus got the RTX bump, so it had a lot of hype. It might've gotten one of the best RTX bumps in the history of RTX. But I don't know that this series is nesseraily ever going to fully compete with mainstream games. I see it as more of a cult thing. It's definitely one of my favorite games ever. But I don't know if I'd recommend it to someone as one of the best games ever, unless I knew they were specifically into the things that game has.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K + Lenovo L32p-30
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Let's have some Tetris on NES emulator. Music 2 is the best!

edit: Started Resident Evil 6 and I ignore all the hate that the game has got.

Last edited:
System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
Sitting on the dock of the bay
valheim_2021_02_26_21_33_44_113.jpg

Watching the tides roll away

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
I thought everyone liked the game except me. The main problem of the game, to me, is the game veered from being Metro shooter (inside tunnel) and became STALKER-like. It changed the use military grade bullet as currency on first two games to regular loot-crafting mechanics like Fallout. Just feels very odd. I prefer Metro to stick to their own recipe instead of trying to be like other shooter.

Processor Ryzen 5600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 6700 10GB SWFT 309
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703 (TTC Gold 60M)
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (Gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
To join in on the D3 convo, I've played it from day one and probably accumulated over 2500hrs, havent played much lately cause the game became stale. But I still enjoyed the game a lot, even before the Reaper of Souls.
Is the game good like D2 was? Does it have depth like PoE? Not really. Is it fun in short bursts? Hell yeah.

And out of all the similar type ARPG games I've played, and I've played almost all of them (D1, D2, Torchlight 1 & 2, TQIT, Grim Dawn, PoE, Wolcen, Last Epoch, Van Helsing), not a singe game comes close to the fluidity of combat that D3 has. They really nailed that gameplay aspect. Too bad the rest of game was lacking (items, builds, lack of a skill tree, endgame).

Haven't tried that 40K Inquisitor Martyr but the combat looks mediocre and I'm not a huge fan of either of the WH universes, and haven't tried Torchlight 3, but I've been following the development of that one and it doesn't really inspire confidence. Not to mention the game reviewed poorly an looks(IS) rushed.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Sitting on the dock of the bay
View attachment 190174
Watching the tides roll away

I'll bet there is only a small amount of members here that would even know what you said:
"Sitting on the dock of the bay. Watching the tides roll away."
:p :p:p:p

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Man, this was all adrenaline :D Check that timer :roll:

Diablo III64_2021_03_02_00_22_32_675.jpg

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I'm really just tryna say I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it! In all fairness it's not the most accessible series of games. Similar to Stalker. Those of us that like it think it's the best thing ever. Everyone else just wonders what the big deal is. Exodus got the RTX bump, so it had a lot of hype. It might've gotten one of the best RTX bumps in the history of RTX. But I don't know that this series is nesseraily ever going to fully compete with mainstream games. I see it as more of a cult thing. It's definitely one of my favorite games ever. But I don't know if I'd recommend it to someone as one of the best games ever, unless I knew they were specifically into the things that game has.
Yeah, right there with you. Graphics weren't even something that I really noticed the first time. The pacing, the story, the sense of exploration, the weapon mechanics, the basically filled out world that carries on in the background are what absorbed me! It was only on the 2nd playthrough that I really appreciated the graphics as well.

@Splinterdog I too am sorry you weren't able to enjoy it very much. It's meant to be a slow-paced game, one in which you can literally think every step out and let yourself "feel" the world around you. And it's not for everyone, especially those that enjoy a faster-paced game. Thanks for your feedback!