• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Easeful2341

That's awesome! Just take it as it comes... and then when you restart you can take another path.

Don't worry bout the hours. There's another game in there you've just not seen at all ;)
For me a big motivation to start again is to think carefully about what characters you want in your party. Did you know you can customize every single one? If you want Gale to be a Rogue, you can. So you can get the perfect party setup, for example. Or you can get something really crazy going. Its really fun seeing what you run into with very creative party setups.
Yes i think completlly same way.

Most recent play through (last Nov/Dec) I went full Conrad Verner as a Dark Urge. Spoilers to follow:

I clowned around with Gale in the portal until it closed and chopped off his hand... and I'm like whelp and stuffed it into a bag. Wasn't really sure what to do with it, but seemed wrong to just leave it there. I also convinced Laezel to kill herself after she proposed a suicide pact (20CHA was like U FIRST GIRL and she was like 'kay and I'm like ooookay), but a weird ass bug revived her and she just stood around in camp for the rest of the game. Couldn't interact with her or anything... she just stared at me. There was some remorse. Just kept staring, never said a word. Every single camp.

Didn't even recruit Astarion, told him to piss off (I try not to recruit rogues because, well... we all know what happens; also emo vampires are on the list too) but the rest of the game I kept running into NPCs that acted like he was with me. I did something horrible to Karlach because her dancing kept distracting me. I can't even remember what it was, I just know she didn't make it. I'm a monster.
That was fantastic !!!! Gratulation ! Respect.
Tell me then:
It is good idea to this second start ,choose Dark Urge ?

Processor 7600x -- 8600k
Motherboard MSI B650 -- ASRock z370
Cooling TR PA120 -- CM212
Memory 2x16GB -- 2x8GB
Video Card(s) PNY 4080 -- Zotac 2080ti
Storage 4TB SN850x / 4TB 870evo / 2TB SN770 -- 512GB 970 / 2TB WDBlue / some HDDs
Display(s) Acer XB271HU -- Sony X950H (49)
Case Torrent Compact/Steel Panels -- Define R2
Audio Device(s) A few
Power Supply BeQuiet Darkpower 13 750w -- Seasonic X750
Software Win10 (both)
Yes i think completlly same way.

That was fantastic !!!! Gratulation ! Respect.
Tell me then:
I really enjoyed it, went in totally blind to the origin, as a bumbling moron with no morals. You can play it many ways, let's just say I succumbed to the corruption and the ending was great. It was my second complete playthrough (after a good dozen ACT1 runs).

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
No, you are spot on about that game. I have not played it either but I have watched enough and read enough to know it's garbage. GAAS plus sweet baby inc. is a formula for fail. Know your audience or suffer the consequences. It is that simple.

First of all, I want to say that I support Rocksteady and I did indeed buy that game (if initially in protest). I enjoyed the campaign; the animations are top-notch (with some decent banter as well), but feel the endgame and live-service elements as they've been implemented are tedious, even though the gameplay can be fun. There are certain elements of these games that are very difficult to pull-off/maintain, such as initial balancing/meta-shifts and changing mechanics/goals over time, which do in-fact require that very thing to get right (time).

With that requires some patience from the community, which this game has never been afforded, and was never going to be afforded.

There's also the difficult aspect of how to monetize different aspects (ex: an expansion or a micro-transaction) of additional content, which in this case I think they got completely wrong.

It could be better (even with the same bones) if the structure were different, imo, as well as more varied (or better-utilized) content.

Perhaps target-farming increasingly difficult unique missions for better gear on a shifting meta across missions (leading up to a raid to acquire a character) rather than grinding difficulty ranks per mission.

It also would've helped a SUBSTANTIAL amount if MP had not been broken for months, as well as copious other bugs. It needed another beta/more-testing for sure, and probably more time in the oven.

I think they've worked many of them out now, but obviously these things are always a WIP.

There's also another issue, which you very clearly fail to recognize, but I'm going to save that for the end of this post...because I very much dislike being the guy that has to say it.

But somebody has to say it...in some amount of paragraphs from now.

I'm not trying to make excuses nor be an apologist, because the game (as it launched/sits) is far from perfect, but some people use that (after the) fact as a shield for their negative sentiment that they developed long before they knew that and said sentiment was and/or is in-fact bolstered by something else.

I feel it's likely they didn't have the manpower (and/or experience in a live-service title) for initial acceptance to happen, especially given their circumstances. At least not very quickly. In hindsight, given...not yet...this game may have been better-served if their year of live-service content had been incorporated into the main campaign (without the repetitive mission-grinding structure). That said, that content may not have been possible without the extra time (or indeed funding from the initial game), not-to-mention these games generally improve over time as more content becomes available. People were never going to give TSSKTJL the time it needed to evolve and grow, even though that's always been needed for these types of games, and that's for a several reasons, but let's touch on a couple.

People forget games like Destiny, including it's sequel, likely had over one thousand voices working on them at their height; not just ALL of Bungie, but Vicarious Visions (RIP, they made great stuff) and High Moon Studios, yet still had rocky entry points with little worth-while repeatable content at the beginning. Something something...Better Devils meme. Something something...Two tokens and a blue.

You probably don't get those references. It's okay.

You also don't get the last couple also likely gave a couple really good dudes some really bad days, but that's not your fault. (I'll share the responsibility on that one.)

Speaking of said team, to this day I still hope that certain Diablo support studio will walk-out en masse into the open arms of Sony contracts. But hey, I know it's not realistic, nor do I know if those same people still work there or if they would want to do that. All I know is that they do good work on whatever they make, and that included Destiny.

Rocksteady is something like 250 people, not dissimilar (or perhaps even less in it's case) to what I would guess work on The Division 2 (Massive is something like ~750 iirc, but until recently they were also working on Avatar and Outlaws). Live-service teams are generally (too, imo) small, and they carry a lot on their shoulders (including the thankless job of [especially good-natured] community managers; remember how bad it was for Anthem?). But that game (TD2/Div2) too initially had something like (off the top of my head, I forget the exact number) 1200 people or something work on the initial game release...and that's why it's literally been one of the few examples of a live-service game that has had legs: because there was a ton of initial content (which stayed in the game), and is in-fact very repeatable/reworkable, while inviting new people to experience it for the first time.

While I play The Division (2) and very much appreciate that Ubi has continued to support it for years, I also understand the limitations of what the (current) devs are able to accomplish within a certain amount of time. I think most of it's players do. They (the players) also continue to grind for exotics to level up their gear; come back to play (re-occuring) events or the new monthly story content; because not only is there a chase and (cycling) unique ways to play the game: they want to support a thing that keeps supporting them. The content is FREE, as are the new rewards. It survives not cynically just to keep it relevant as Ubisoft's (perhaps surprisingly to some) premiere franchise, but because I think many players give them that season pass and/or cosmetic money. Not because they always need/want the stuff...but because the dev team DESERVES IT for what they do (and how they communicate). Again, this is not unlike people buying whisper/outbreak ornaments in D2 (after *extra*/*secret* content that rewarded those items).

It's support, but also appreciation.

People were never going to give TSSKTJL the time it needed to evolve or figure out it's own monetization strat, even though that's always been needed for these types of games.

Those reasons come down to those very basic aspects mentioned above.

The first is because this is a studio that made the single-player Arkham games. Those players not only were largely not live-service players; (and imo) were never going to be live-service players. Because of that development some of those players were openly resentful, which encouraged others to follow that path where-as I feel many otherwise would not have done that. From the moment it was announced (far into development), 'influencers' piled negativity onto this game, and hence their followers did as they do, or at the very least perpetuated it by covering those perspectives. From there it spiraled into constant digging for negative press and click-bait to feed that manufactured outrage because some people literally just want to make money...watch...create a trainwreck. This was not helped by the unfortunate passing of Kevin Conroy, whom people obviously cherish, especially when what happens in the initial part of the game leaked...which only gave more ammuniton to those that were shit-talking a game most had not hardly seen, let-alone played. Because of this not only did Rocksteady lose support (over work long-finished and nobody knew[/knows?] the complete context, as well as a situation they couldn't control), people lost their appreciation, instead focusing on the worst parts of what happened.

In essence, communal negativity killed this thing before it was even born...and that pissed me off. A lot. Because that wasn't fair to the time Rocksteady spent on it...IS STILL SPENDING ON IT.

Which is likely difficult (to work on and make good content) when you know the public sentiment is bad.

(Did I just have a self-reflective moment wrt Bungie devoting resources to Marathon? I absolutely did. That is why I write. Because nobody is perfect, but we should all try to think of ways to try to be better.)

It wasn't...and isn't...fair to Kevin's (past or perhaps yet-unseen) work....or anybody's work...to approach this game with a specific type of demeanor.

It's fine if you don't like specific elements of the game THEY DECIDED TO MAKE, it's fine to be critical; perhaps there's something to be learned from your perspective.

The old saying goes something like: Critique the art that is there, not what you want to be there.

That saying still holds true, but in live-service games you can actually give suggestions and if enough people agree they might actually do that thing, hence making something (overall) better for everyone.

Understand the difference?

When many see the meme about "when you set yourself to offline to play TSSKTJL", some people laugh. I get angry, and for the same reason: it's true. Some people made association with the game toxic.

--------
@DAPUNISHER

Not people like that company you mentioned...which me a couple lives ago would have told you off for regurgitating blaming, me a life ago would have blocked, but in this life will write a long-ass post...no.

People like YOU. Somebody whom hasn't played the game and knows nothing but what someone else told you to dislike for reasons you don't even understand, and they likely don't either.

FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

Do not be the guy that responds to this by stating everyone has the right to be critical, because I know they do, but that's not criticism. That's ignorant and malicious hear-say. That...is...THE...problem.

Don't be part of the problem. Think for yourself, propose a solution, or kindly STFU.

--------

Point being, it appeared *almost* nobody wanted this game to succeed regardless of it's initial state or what may come after, and so it didn't. I do not think that was a natural occurance, but a by-product.

Myself, otoh, was excited by the game. Partially because I didn't have an attachment to it; I was anticipating getting to understand the Arkhamverse so many people loved and this was *my* way in because I really do enjoy live-service games. Part of it was the notion (that I really didn't want to talk about because sometimes a *guess* can sometimes either set unfair expectations and/or screw up somebody's plan) of what they could do with this game. I had always figured the title was just a controversial way to begin a typical comic arc and get people to pay attention (which partially back-fired because of said unforeseen tragic event, but also bc some loud people are extremely ignorant). I figured it was likely (over time) they planned to not only bring them back (especially coinciding with James Gunn wanting to reboot the WHOLE DC Universe and do transmedia) and perhaps even make them playable. None of that was out of the question. Perhaps they had Batman (or Batman-aided) missions planned, as well as Wonder Woman (super weird that her own game is being developed in what could've been this game's lifecycle...right? Not really). There is/was a lot of potential for this game, and even though I know the mechanics are different, I've begun to appreciate some of Rocksteady's strengths, including their long-form story-telling (which I guess that others used to appreciate somehow don't care about anymore).

There came a moment at the end of the campaign in which a certain thing happens. I literally cried for five minutes. You might think that's weird, but I don't think it is.

I only had passing knowledge of Kevin Conroy before this game's life-cycle (being a video game nerd; watching some Arrowverse and small amounts of the animated series growing up).

But after what Rocksteady did, I felt I could support and relate to his stance; it also showed that they had a tremendous amount of respect/appreciation for him (by how they did it). Those things all matter.

It was because of this that I decided I will forever support this game, however long it lasts. It's not perfect, it may never be great. I don't care. I will support those people because I appreciate what they did.

Because of playing this game, I even grew to appreciate Batman; the legacy and future. I even started paying attention to some content creators that do very good work following it.

Hell, there's even a singer that used to go by Batman I follow (now) that changed his name to...

...Oh wait. That's the post I wanted to make, one about the how absurdly clever Stellar Blade is; how much I want to thank Hyungtae Kim et al for creating it; Shuhei Yoshida et al for fostering it.
How it reminds me of Parasite Eve; the first Square Japan game worked on by a Western Studio, or other correlated ideas that have had, or could have, positive impact on the world (if in retrospect).

Instead, no...I have to remind, if not teach somebody about the cardinal rule of ANY forum:

DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
NOLF on a P4 and XP and runs great!
nolf.jpg

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
While I play The Division (2) and very much appreciate that Ubi has continued to support it for years, I also understand the limitations of what the (current) devs are able to accomplish within a certain amount of time. I think most of it's players do. They (the players) also continue to grind for exotics to level up their gear; come back to play (re-occuring) events or the new monthly story content; because not only is there a chase and (cycling) unique ways to play the game: they want to support a thing that keeps supporting them. The content is FREE, as are the new rewards. It survives not cynically just to keep it relevant as Ubisoft's (perhaps surprisingly to some) premiere franchise, but because I think many players give them that season pass and/or cosmetic money. Not because they always need/want the stuff...but because the dev team DESERVES IT for what they do (and how they communicate). Again, this is not unlike people buying whisper/outbreak ornaments in D2 (after *extra*/*secret* content that rewarded those items).

It's support, but also appreciation.
That's a nice but very naive way to turn around on what Dark Patterns in MMO's and online gaming have always done to players.

Because tháts what you're seeing in The Division, and similar games. Live service games are built on the whole box of psychological tricks. No stone is left unturned to keep you playing. It doesn't matter what you're doing, just make sure you're logged in. And then yes you get invested because its all you see all the time. What else would you invest in? This is the same thing as subbing to something that keeps giving you perks. At some point you stay subbed because you don't want to lose the perks, the investment of time. The original reason you subbed in the first place was already fulfilled ages ago.

For someone who writes lengthy and content-rich posts like you do, I had expected a bit more background knowledge ;)

ANYTHING that is a live service game is built on dark patterns. The exceptions make the rule. Even a very community friendly game like Path of Exile (play free, you really don't have to spend a thing), still employs them to keep you playing and eventually invite you to a purchase. Its not always bad or malicious to its customers, or at least, not entirely, because single player games use similar tricks, but the rotten element in an online live service game is that the sky's the limit. Content can be infinite, and the potential earning potential much the same. We've seen countless examples, they still appear every day. Another rotten element in it is the social aspect. Where in SP games you have no one to compare to but yourself, online its one big dick measuring contest, especially amoung younger people.

Its easy to search but here.

So... be nice for games and devs? Hell no. Be realistic and try to identify the many, many rotten apples, so you can actually enjoy the truly great content.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Just finished Sine Mora EX (PC)
I really love Shmup, one of my favorite genre, old classics like UN Squadron, Gigawings, Gunbirds, Aerofighters ...
Problem : I'm very, very bad playing them.
So this Sine Mora EX ? I've played it with exitement and curisosity, and it was good, hard but I managed to finish it (in "normal" mode)
Graphics are really nice, gameplay is classic with a twist, no bar life but time decrease when youy're shooted at, and when you hit a wall.
Story mode is short, approx 2.5 hours, but plenty of mode to play with, arcade, defy, coop etc ...
The highlight is the boss combat : Innovative and fun, big structure to destroy, love this things :)
A good game for sure, but i won't have the patience and the skills to push further ...

Capture d’écran (15).png

Nice an clean graphics, with 3D background. A warm up for the bosses to come !

Capture d’écran (16).png

Some variety in levels, cities, undergrounds ... Don't ask me why, but this level reminds me the art direction of Dishonored :)

Capture d’écran (17).png

This boss was hair pulling. A rotating labyrinth, filled with lasers, insta kill energy beams etc ... Remember : you loose time when you hit the walls too !

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Playing System Shock Remake, never played the original game seeing as it's older than I am which is crazy but this is really good reminds me of Prey a lot. Really cool aesthetic and atmosphere, runs great at 1440p with 200% resolution scale.

unknown_2024.05.19-22.38_1.png

unknown_2024.05.19-22.40_1.png

unknown_2024.05.19-22.40_2.png

Last edited:
System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
That's a nice but very naive way to turn around on what Dark Patterns in MMO's and online gaming have always done to players.

Because tháts what you're seeing in The Division, and similar games. Live service games are built on the whole box of psychological tricks. No stone is left unturned to keep you playing. It doesn't matter what you're doing, just make sure you're logged in. And then yes you get invested because its all you see all the time. What else would you invest in? This is the same thing as subbing to something that keeps giving you perks. At some point you stay subbed because you don't want to lose the perks, the investment of time. The original reason you subbed in the first place was already fulfilled ages ago.

For someone who writes lengthy and content-rich posts like you do, I had expected a bit more background knowledge ;)

ANYTHING that is a live service game is built on dark patterns. The exceptions make the rule. Even a very community friendly game like Path of Exile (play free, you really don't have to spend a thing), still employs them to keep you playing and eventually invite you to a purchase. Its not always bad or malicious to its customers, or at least, not entirely, because single player games use similar tricks, but the rotten element in an online live service game is that the sky's the limit. Content can be infinite, and the potential earning potential much the same. We've seen countless examples, they still appear every day. Another rotten element in it is the social aspect. Where in SP games you have no one to compare to but yourself, online its one big dick measuring contest, especially amoung younger people.

Its easy to search but here.

So... be nice for games and devs? Hell no. Be realistic and try to identify the many, many rotten apples, so you can actually enjoy the truly great content.

Dude, I literally just wrote an article in the comment section. I'm tired.

I promise I'm not trying to ignore you, have respect for you, I'm not naive (wrt anything you wrote; heard it all a million times), and I will pick this conversation up later if you'd like.

I literally wrote a response (two-times, in-fact), because I have been aware of all of those perspectives for a very long time and do care about what you're saying, but I don't have the energy to self-edit it rn.

Jedi Survivor Indeed. It's been a couple years since I played Fallen Order. Playing late and being tired did not go well. Got merked a lot more than I probably should have. I'll fire it up here in a bit and try to improve. This may be one of those games where I need to connect my Xbox Series controller to USB. I think input lag is hurting me in this game. Shout out to @GodisanAtheist for pointing out the obvious ability to use my BT controller wired, I completely derped on that a few months back.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Playing some Horizon Chase Turbo on my Switch while on vacation:
20240519_172738.jpg

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Senna DLC worth bothering with? Didn't get that one, just Breeze one.
It's fun. And if you're a Senna fan, one of the modes emulates his career, then it's a must have.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Playing System Shock Remake, never played the original game seeing as it's older than I am which is crazy but this is really good reminds me of Prey a lot. Really cool aesthetic and atmosphere, runs great at 1440p with 200% resolution scale.

View attachment 348035
View attachment 348036
View attachment 348037
Wow I already forgot about that release... added to the long list :D Thanks

Dude, I literally just wrote an article in the comment section. I'm tired.

I promise I'm not trying to ignore you, have respect for you, I'm not naive (wrt anything you wrote; heard it all a million times), and I will pick this conversation up later if you'd like.

I literally wrote a response (two-times, in-fact), because I have been aware of all of those perspectives for a very long time and do care about what you're saying, but I don't have the energy to self-edit it rn.
Sure, anytime, we can also discuss this further in PM :) This is probably not the topic for it

Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI B650 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NHU12S
Memory 2x16 GB GSKILL 6000MHZ CL28
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900 GRE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 PRO
Display(s) LG 32GP750 31.5" 2K QHD (2560 x 1440) 165Hz Gaming Monitor
Case Coolermater HAF 650
Audio Device(s) BeyerDynamic Amiron Home
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Well well well. Blizzard actually listened and fixed alot of the issues with D4 for the new season. I actually enjoyed the game enough to level a new character and replay the story through all the way and am currently enjoying early mid game progression. Color me impressed.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
On-topic: Diablo IV all weekend still and having a blast.
I'm not a huge fanatic of Diablo games but I'm thoroughly enjoying IV more than any other Diablo. Makes me think I gave up too early on III.
Civ III is my all time favorite, still have my original discs and poster on my wall.
Typically if you like Civ III (one of my favorites) then you will like V (my all time favorite Civ game)

If you want Gale to be a Rogue, you can.
get the lv20 mod, turn Gale into a Sorcerer/Bard/Rogue
It's not drastic but a slightly better back story to the "tav' character. I got bored with it after the "major" reveal
Wow I already forgot about that release... added to the long list :D Thanks
They have a free demo on STEAM (or at least did)

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Since I'm on a retro streak, I managed to fix up a Pentium II 350, 512Mb RAM and fired up Quake II on Win 98 SE. Very smooth on an FX 5200.
I had to use alt+ print screen which reminds me how far we've come since then!
quake2.jpg

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@Splinterdog
Quake 2 is really underrated. It has a bad luck of being stuck between an absolute classic and what is arguably one of the most important MP shooters of all time, but it isn’t a bad game. Great soundtrack too. But a lot of people dismiss it (like Doom 3 later, funnily enough) as just a tech demo for Carmack to experiment with and a betrayal of what made id games great. In both cases it’s undeserved.

Wasn't Q2 like first FULL 3D FPS? As in both environments AND models, not mere sprites for models like in Doom/DN3D?

Also, Q2 chaingun is THE most iconinc version for me of this weapon trope. No moderated ROF, just full blown bullet hell :D

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I'm not a huge fanatic of Diablo games but I'm thoroughly enjoying IV more than any other Diablo. Makes me think I gave up too early on III.

Typically if you like Civ III (one of my favorites) then you will like V (my all time favorite Civ game)

get the lv20 mod, turn Gale into a Sorcerer/Bard/Rogue

It's not drastic but a slightly better back story to the "tav' character. I got bored with it after the "major" reveal

They have a free demo on STEAM (or at least did)
Oh yeah I did, level 20 + extra 5e spells. Glorious multiclass exploration. I just didn't do it with Gale, I hate his guts, can't stand him. Not even in a narrative kind of way like he serves a purpose so "I'll allow him". Just no. :D
Matter of fact I might do another play where I actively find ways to spite him, see where that goes :p

Remnant 2 and Returnal exceeded my expectations. Surprise how smaller AA studios manage to produce better quality games than big-budget AAA companies. I

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Time for the crazy/madness round 2.:laugh:
Hellblade2.4.jpg
Hellblade2.5.jpg
Hellblade2.3.jpg
Damnit those combat animations/sequences are pure badass,screens really wont do it justice.:eek:
Also this game like the first is actually better to be played with a headset. 'can hear the crazy sounds/talk really well like its in my head since it was designed to be like that'
For now I'm using a mix of medium-high 'high is max in this game' with DLSS on Quality and that way its around 50 FPS during gameplay and a bit less during close up/cutscenes but considering that the game is capped at 30 FPS on consoles I'm fine with this + its not a too fast paced game anyway with the combat mainly focused on 1v1 fights.

O ye the game does start with a recap of the first game in case someone is new to it tho I would still suggest playing the first game before.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
@Splinterdog
Quake 2 is really underrated. It has a bad luck of being stuck between an absolute classic and what is arguably one of the most important MP shooters of all time, but it isn’t a bad game. Great soundtrack too. But a lot of people dismiss it (like Doom 3 later, funnily enough) as just a tech demo for Carmack to experiment with and a betrayal of what made id games great. In both cases it’s undeserved.
Yes, it still stands up well today and I fire it on my main machines, not to mention the 'remastered' version. It was also the first MP I ever played back in dial up days and probably the last.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Wasn't Q2 like first FULL 3D FPS? As in both environments AND models, not mere sprites for models like in Doom/DN3D?
Quake 1 had all that already and even THAT wasn’t the first. Technically, that would be Descent.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Also this game like the first is actually better to be played with a headset. 'can hear the crazy sounds/talk really well like its in my head since it was designed to be like that'
Yeah, Hellblade was always intended to be played with a headset as they used binaural recording and from story standpoint narration is done as a form of inner monologue.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, P14, P12, T30 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
V Rising players @Vayra86 @SN2716057 and all others out there reading this, any PvE servers with enhanced rates (less grind), no teleport restrictions, normal or relaxed, no wipes, etc. setup to recommend? Anyone from TPU hosting or willing to join one? If my internet weren't so terrible, I'd already have one up and running. And this post would be an invite rather than question, with appropriate thread as well.